PDA

View Full Version : Giannis to win MVP and DPOY according to leak

LukeWalton
08-06-2020, 07:17 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-giannis-antetokounmpo-in-line-win-mvp-dpoy-based-early-ballot-returns/

:applause:

LukeWalton
08-25-2020, 07:42 PM
yep, leak was right

gianny boy won DPOY

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 07:44 PM
That Tzatziki will do that

Roundball_Rock
08-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Well-deserved for the best player in the NBA. :applause:

Axe
08-25-2020, 07:47 PM
If he can finally bring a chip home and be the fmvp later..

Gougou
08-25-2020, 07:48 PM
AD got snubbeddd

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:50 PM
I just don't see how anyone deserves both awards in the same year.

This is basically saying... Giannis is hands down, not even close, best player in the NBA. Which while he may be the best, I don't think it's that wide of a margin.

If he's as good as he is now being portrayed, especially with how good the Bucks did in the regular season... they should absolutely waltz to an NBA championship. Maybe, but I don't see that happening, which kinda destroys the current narrative.

SATAN
08-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Absolutely meaningless award but good for him.

SATAN
08-25-2020, 07:52 PM
This is basically saying... Giannis is hands down, not even close, best player in the NBA. Which while he may be the best, I don't think it's that wide of a margin.

He's clearly not the most skilled.

Gudo
08-25-2020, 07:53 PM
How many players have done that?

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 07:54 PM

Although he probably has the most delicious diet

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 07:56 PM
How many players have done that?

MJ, Hakeem, DRob, KG, Greek Freak.

Wilt, Lebron, Duncan and Kobe are notably missing from the list.

Axe
08-25-2020, 08:00 PM
Although he probably has the most delicious diet
That weirdo is always being salty of every potential player except for bran

bobopenguin
08-25-2020, 08:02 PM
no surprise tho, bucks is currently the best team in nba cos of Giannis.

SouBeachTalents
08-25-2020, 08:03 PM

Wilt & Russell would have obviously won it had the award existed in their era. It is crazy though guys like Duncan & Pippen never won it once

StrongLurk
08-25-2020, 08:49 PM

If he's as good as he is now being portrayed, especially with how good the Bucks did in the regular season... they should absolutely waltz to an NBA championship. Maybe, but I don't see that happening, which kinda destroys the current narrative.

I made a thread about this last week how Giannis would probably win MVP/DPOY...and yet no one on ISH was really talking about the Bucks at all as far as them winning the championship.

Axe
08-25-2020, 08:51 PM
I made a thread about this last week how Giannis would probably win MVP/DPOY...and yet no one on ISH was really talking about the Bucks at all as far as them winning the championship.
That's because coach bud hasn't made his team a finalist yet in the postseason

Rudeboy3
08-25-2020, 09:42 PM

skilled=/=being the best

kyrie is more skilled than Shaq, Shaq would destroy kyrie. There's is far more nuance to basketball, don't know where this hard-on for "skilled" player came about when for the past 20 years basketball has been dominated by guys who couldn't shoot, shaq,Tim,Lebron and Now Giannis. And if you think a seven-footer that can move like Giannis, dribble like giannis, create the majority of his shots like giannis, while mdistributing isn't skilled. Then go take a long walk off a short bridge

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 09:53 PM
and yet no one on ISH was really talking about the Bucks at all as far as them winning the championship.

He hasn't faced Lebron in the playoffs yet.

k 96
08-25-2020, 10:06 PM
This really only solidifies my prediction. I said Giannis was going to win the 2020 NBA MVP. Which means I was right about the Fakers, and Lehype James being gifted the 2020 NBA Championship by ESPN. So facking fixed.

Jasper
08-25-2020, 10:11 PM
yep, leak was right

gianny boy won DPOY

yep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-25-2020, 10:13 PM

Yeah maybe if you think DPOY or MVP equals best player.

Bron hasn't won an MVP since, what, 2013? He was also BITW years after the fact.

Winning both is obviously impressive and Giannis is clearly a great player. But none of that stuff makes him "hands down" the best.

Axe
08-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Which means I was right about the Fakers, and Lehype James being gifted the 2020 NBA Championship by ESPN. So facking fixed.
Media just loves hyping them so much, especially with the warriors dynasty gone for good nowadays.

Honestly I have no problem if bran wins another ring but what bothers me the most is that he hopped to the lakers, which i don't like seeing win another title. Also, none of his stans are really rooting for that team. Just bran himself.

But obviously the lakers are his team rn, so..

NBASTATMAN
08-26-2020, 12:40 AM

Lebron was robbed one year where he won MVP and was second in voting for DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR , lost to Marc Gasol.. BIG TIME ROBBERY

SATAN
08-26-2020, 04:56 AM
And if you think a seven-footer that can move like Giannis, dribble like giannis, create the majority of his shots like giannis, while mdistributing isn't skilled. Then go take a long walk off a short bridge

LMAO This dude is always salty as ****. Grow up, kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThoOuKlUhM

GimmeThat
08-26-2020, 05:29 AM
well, the MTV Movie award has had some heavy hitters, which I suppose it is then up for debate the legitimacy of the award.

either way, it's more commercial and less controversial than the "artistic" aspects of Oscar