PDA

View Full Version : Once lebron is done the nba will enter into one of its worst era's ever.

Bronbron23
08-06-2020, 10:06 PM
hate him or love him hes one of the best to ever do it. Hes also one of the most polarizing and entertaining players ever. Realistically he only has another 2 years on top. Who will take over after that? The easy answer is greek. Hes a worthy successor but he just dosnt have the it factor when it comes to entertaining. Personally i find him entertaining but he dosnt have the skill and charisma to entertain the casual fan. Hes also not American which unfortunately matters. Luka unfortunately is in the same boat. He's not American and he's just not exciting enough. I mean how many flops and step back threes can fans stomach?

Theres no rivalry similar to magic and bird. Theres no super skilled and athletic players like mj and kobe. Theres no athletic beasts that can play make like lebron. Whos the guy thats gonna take over the mantle and continue to grow the league?

Axe
08-06-2020, 10:08 PM
Best ucm of all time :(

Tobio-Star
08-06-2020, 10:10 PM
True but lets not lose hope just yet

bison
08-06-2020, 10:10 PM
In terms of losers who invest their entire lives on dying internet message boards, yes it will be the end of an era. For the rest of us who like basketball and root for our teams, I think we’ll be okay.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-06-2020, 10:13 PM
The game opened up scoring so that will always bring in the casual.

Still got a handful of players who are worth watching though. If you support a team, not much changes other than time and a different hobby.

Bronbron23
08-06-2020, 10:19 PM
In terms of losers who invest their entire lives on dying internet message boards, yes it will be the end of an era. For the rest of us who like basketball and root for our teams, I think we’ll be okay.

Yeah forsure. I'll personally still watch and be entertained. Im just not sure the casual fan will be. Theres always been an American star who was entertaining and on top. Magic/bird, mj, kobe/shaq and then lebron. You could throw steph and kd in with lebron towrards the secone half of his career. Those guys are all on their way out and theres no great American successors. Ja is to small. Zion is to fat and injury prone and Greek and luka arnt american and honestly lack in either skill or entertainment. Luka is skilled but isnt athletic enough and greek is athletic but not skilled enough. I guess theres a chance of an unknown coming out of nowhere and being that guy but its highly unlikely.

NBAGOAT
08-06-2020, 10:30 PM
dont overlook kd and curry

tontoz
08-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Nonsense. There have been a lot of quality young players coming into the league the last few years. Giannis/KD/Steph will still be in their primes. The NBA will be fine but the ratings will probably take a hit when Lebron leaves.

I bet he stays more than 2 more years though.

Axe
08-06-2020, 10:38 PM
If he plays until he reaches 40, it will still be 5 years from now.

Lebron23
08-06-2020, 10:48 PM
Lebron James Jr.

StrongLurk
08-06-2020, 11:17 PM
KD was easily the guy taking the mantle after Lebron. KD was on his way to 3-peating, and while yes he was on the most stacked team ever, he was the best player in the league and dominating. Him tearing his ACL is a huge blow.

Kawhi would be the next guy...but he is just so boring.

After that we have Giannis who is...very Wilt like and still really lacking in "playoff skill".

Yeah, we know Lebron will leave a void like MJ did...but there is still plenty of talent in the league. Zion if he stays healthy and improves could be crazy. Luka is already insanely good too.

I would like to see Lebron make it 20 seasons. I don't even think he is necessarily a top 5 player in the league this year, but it's still crazy he is producing at a high level with his insane mileage. I'm hoping he can still be at a superstar level at 38 (Top 10ish in the league) and break the all-time scoring record...that's really all that's left for him in my opinion since I don't think he has a good chance at winning another ring.

kkb_12
08-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Giannis, Doncic, Zion, Trae, Ja Morant, Michael Porter, Porzingis, KAT, Jokic, Simmons, Booker, Mitchel, Tatum - they are all under 25... if anything, it will be more interesting....

Rudeboy3
08-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Nope, they'll have Giannis. Last seasons playoffs showed the league is just fine without bron

DoctorP
08-07-2020, 01:45 PM
nah. giannis will pick up right where lebron left off. already has.

SouBeachTalents
08-07-2020, 01:54 PM
If he plays until he reaches 40, it will still be 5 years from now.
That's pretty good math

Manny98
08-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Giannis
MPJ
Morant
Doncic
Zion
Booker

lol

Lebron23
08-07-2020, 04:46 PM
That's pretty good math

I can see lebron playing until he's 43 just like Kareem.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 06:49 PM
dont overlook kd and curry

Yeah but kd is 32 coming off of Achilles and steph is getting old too and older smaller players dont remain on top for as long it seems.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Giannis
MPJ
Morant
Doncic
Zion
Booker

lol

Are any of them magic, mj or lebron? Doncic and greek are close to their level but again they're not american.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Yeah me too but how many significant years does he have left? 2 maybe 3.

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-07-2020, 06:54 PM
I'll be glad when he's finally gone.There were players before L36ron came into the NBA who were better than him and there'll be players after L36ron retires that will be better than him as well.The league will be fine.

k0kakw0rld
08-07-2020, 07:07 PM
hate him or love him hes one of the best to ever do it. Hes also one of the most polarizing and entertaining players ever. Realistically he only has another 2 years on top. Who will take over after that? The easy answer is greek. Hes a worthy successor but he just dosnt have the it factor when it comes to entertaining. Personally i find him entertaining but he dosnt have the skill and charisma to entertain the casual fan. Hes also not American which unfortunately matters. Luka unfortunately is in the same boat. He's not American and he's just not exciting enough. I mean how many flops and step back threes can fans stomach?

Theres no rivalry similar to magic and bird. Theres no super skilled and athletic players like mj and kobe. Theres no athletic beasts that can play make like lebron. Whos the guy thats gonna take over the mantle and continue to grow the league?
The NBA survived MJ's retirement. I think we will be alright.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 07:43 PM
The NBA survived MJ's retirement. I think we will be alright.

Yeah but another mj and a dominant big who were both Americans were there to takeover. I like luka but hes not American and hes no kobe. I like greek but hes not American and hes no shaq although dominance wise he could be. Even then he'll never have shaqs charisma. I just dont see any great successors to carry the league foward.

tontoz
08-07-2020, 07:46 PM

Doubt it. It is easier for bigs to have longevity because they dont rely as much on their mobility. Size and skills can allow them to play effectively.

I don't see Lebron playing past 40. My guess is that he plays 1/2 more years after his Laker contract is up. He has a lot of mileage on his body.

Axe
08-07-2020, 07:47 PM
That's pretty good math
If he wants to be like carter, it could be more than that.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Doubt it. It is easier for bigs to have longevity because they dont rely as much on their mobility. Size and skills can allow them to play effectively.

I don't see Lebron playing past 40. My guess is that he plays 1/2 more years after his Laker contract is up. He has a lot of mileage on his body.

i can see him playing past 40 but he wont be a top player anymore. He could be a solid 3rd option after 40 if he willing to accept that role.

kkb_12
08-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Are any of them magic, mj or lebron? Doncic and greek are close to their level but again they're not american.

They are not Magic, MJ or Lebron - but they are very good young guys that play their own game, and will make it fun to watch...

HylianNightmare
08-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Luka, Giannis dont exist

bullettooth
08-07-2020, 09:23 PM
The absence of stiff arms and flops will be a breath of fresh. I'm looking forward to the day Le3of9 is gone.

FKAri
08-07-2020, 09:27 PM

In terms of losers who invest their lives on a dying sport in basketball and rooting for their teams, yes it will be the end of an era. For the rest of us who like internet message boards, I think we'll be okay.

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 09:51 PM
Luka, Giannis dont exist

already addressed that. Luka just isnt athletic enough to be the next guy. The last 3 or 4 guys were all elite athletically. No bird and magic weren't either but they had a nice rivalry steeped in racial undertones which drew fans in. Luka dosn't have rivalry with anyone. Greek on the other hand is very athletic but he just dosnt have the charisma of the guys before him.

Neither is American which unfortunately seems to matter also

Rudeboy3
08-07-2020, 09:56 PM
already addressed that. Luka just isnt athletic enough to be the next guy. The last 3 or 4 guys were all elite athletically. No bird and magic weren't either but they had a nice rivalry steeped in racial undertones which drew fans in. Luka dosn't have rivalry with anyone. Greek on the other hand is very athletic but he just dosnt have the charisma of the guys before him.

Neither is American which unfortunately seems to matter also

lmao, Lebron has charisma? Dude can barely speak English

DoctorP
08-07-2020, 10:40 PM

americas done. basketball has given way to skateboarding

kawhileonard2
08-08-2020, 12:10 AM
How have the ratings been?

Phoenix
08-08-2020, 03:45 AM
That's pretty good math

:oldlol:

72-10
08-08-2020, 03:49 AM
I agree; it will enter into one of its worst eras.