PDA

View Full Version : Would you rank Giannis over Stephen Curry if he wins an nba finals mvp this year??

Lebron23
08-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Giannis is a soon to be 2x Regular Season MVP. Same numbers of MVP as Chef.

Marchesk
08-07-2020, 07:02 PM
No, Curry's been at least all-star level for a lot longer, and his teams were competing for titles for 4 years in a row. Or do you mean right now, or 16 Curry vs 20 Giannis? I think I'd take the crazy efficiency of 16 Curry by a slight margin.

SouBeachTalents
08-07-2020, 07:03 PM
No

Axe
08-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Probably not but give him time first to prove he's really worthy

Real14
08-07-2020, 08:04 PM
OP obviously has an agenda.

AirBonner
08-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Giannis played actual defense. Giannis is a 2-way player. Curry? Not so much

Bronbron23
08-07-2020, 08:08 PM
Giannis is a soon to be 2x Regular Season MVP. Same numbers of MVP as Chef.

No

Lebron23
08-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Giannis played actual defense. Giannis is a 2-way player. Curry? Not so much

Fair enough. I still rank Curry because he's been an all star level player for much longer. Anyway Curry is stupid if he's going to recruit Giannis to the Warriors if the Bucks took another L to the Raptors in the playoffs.

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Giannis is better than Curry all time, TWo times MVP and a DPOY, his level of play is just better and far more impactful than thart lightbrightes game

Shooter
08-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Giannis is better than Curry all time, TWo times MVP and a DPOY, his level of play is just better and far more impactful than thart lightbrightes game

Giannis hasnt even made a Finals :lol

Curry made 5. Wake up

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Curry made 5. Wake up

Making 5 finals as a 2nd option isn't impressive. Curry has 5 finals appearances but yet has the same amount of FMVPS as Giannis, zero :lol

Bronbron23
08-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Making 5 finals as a 2nd option isn't impressive. Curry has 5 finals appearances but yet has the same amount of FMVPS as Giannis, zero :lol

Greek will go down as the better player and possibly a top 3 all time. He has no argument yet over curry though

Naero
08-08-2020, 05:09 PM
He wouldn't outrank him that soon, but he'd get a solid foothold for doing so eventually.

Giannis has already proven himself as an all-time-great two-way player and will match Curry in regular-season MVPs soon; he just needs championship hardware and more longevity to cement his case. Curry's only strong countercase would be that he's the most revolutionary player of his generation, but I don't think that'd be enough to outshine the rest of Giannis's body of work.

Giannis still needs to step up in the playoffs, though—something Curry's done for multiple runs, despite that he came short of winning Finals MVPs—and he's unlikely to win championships soon otherwise with the Clippers looming.

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Greek will go down as the better player and possibly a top 3 all time. He has no argument yet over curry though

Why do you say shit like „go down“ which means via public when none of the public is close to considering that yet? Lol

G0ATbe
08-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Honestly Giannis’s resume would look more impressive already to me. Curry’s greatest career moment was beating the LeBron/Dellavadova Cavs.

Zeppelin
08-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Any player who wins an NBA finals MVP is automatically better than Wardell Stephen Curry. FMVP is the ultimate accolade in the sport and is the basis on which any all-time ranking should be based. Before you ask: Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups, Andre Iguodala, all substantially better and greater players than Steph Curry. (In such a ranking we must exclude greats that played in the era before the award was established.)

I regard all FMVPless players as being in a homogenous pile of mediocrity. Is Curry really better than Fred Vanvleet in any meaningful sense? Didn't look like it in the finals last year.

Stanley Kobrick
08-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Honestly Giannis’s resume would look more impressive already to me. Curry’s greatest career moment was beating the LeBron/Dellavadova Cavs.
i respectfully disagree, when people think of Stephen Curry they really only think to one regular season game in OKC. his finals attrition just doesn't hold much weight in comparison, it's been 4 months and hundreds of users have still yet to find a single iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment

Stanley Kobrick
08-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Any player who wins an NBA finals MVP is automatically better than Wardell Stephen Curry. FMVP is the ultimate accolade in the sport and is the basis on which any all-time ranking should be based. Before you ask: Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups, Andre Iguodala, all substantially better and greater players than Steph Curry. (In such a ranking we must exclude greats that played in the era before the award was established.)

I regard all FMVPless players as being in a homogenous pile of mediocrity. Is Curry really better than Fred Vanvleet in any meaningful sense? Didn't look like it in the finals last year.
high IQ user

Bronbron23
08-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Why do you say shit like „go down“ which means via public when none of the public is close to considering that yet? Lol

its a prediction and imo inevitable. Hes gonna win a chip or 2 and he'll have just as many MVP's and more finals MVP's. He'll also have a dpoy and a shit ton of first team defensive awards. Its an easy call tbh

Lion's pride
08-08-2020, 07:37 PM
S Curry is one amazingly skilled player, Giannis still needs to get a go to move or something... But win or not Giannis is or at least will easily surpass Curry soon.. Not all Superstars play great defense, But Giannis defense is great even on a off offensive day... Defense should matter more than you guys are giving credit for.

Axe
08-08-2020, 08:14 PM

Curry made 5. Wake up
Just because the warriors gave up the 2016 ring to your king doesn't mean that you'd be grateful to the chef somehow.

Axe
08-08-2020, 08:16 PM

Don't forget about tony parker, the last point guard to have won the fmvp. However, giannis hasn't won it either because he still needs to lead the bucks to a title but rest assured he'd be the one receive the award once it happens.