PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most underrated 2020 NBA playoff team?

insidehoops
08-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Which NBA team isn't necessarily a championship contender but has a legit chance to go deeper in the playoffs than expected?

Plenty of teams feel like first or 2nd round-and-out teams, but who do you think is the team that maybe won't win the championship but could go 7 games in the second round or even unexpectedly reach the conference finals?

brooks_thompson
08-07-2020, 11:03 PM
For making the conference finals, I don't feel there is one. Assuming Schroeder gets back quickly, then OKC can make the second round. That's about it, unless LeBron's groin doesn't get better and Portland can get in.

NBAGOAT
08-07-2020, 11:57 PM
boston. they have 4 guys they can count on to score in the playoffs yet find a way to fit together, well coached on defense and really good defending the perimeter unlike most of the east contenders, and stronger at center than people think. Horford is kind of missed but this lineup isnt that far off talent wise from last year's lineup which people thought was the 2nd best superteam in the league. admittedly dont match up well with giannis but they can limit mil's 3pt shooting and have a decent chance vs toronto.

I like toronto as much as anyone and they're elite defensively but they're only 15th in halfcourt efficiency and siakam has cooled off and has some concerns vs great defenses. lowry may have to put up 20-25 in the playoffs to win games

Lion's pride
08-07-2020, 11:59 PM
boston. they have 4 guys they can count on to score in the playoffs yet find a way to fit together, well coached on defense and really good defending the perimeter unlike most of the east contenders, and stronger at center than people think. Horford is kind of missed but this lineup isnt that far off talent wise from last year's lineup which people thought was the 2nd best superteam in the league. admittedly dont match up well with giannis but they can limit mil's 3pt shooting and have a decent chance vs toronto.

I like toronto as much as anyone and they're elite defensively but they're only 15th in halfcourt efficiency and siakam has cooled off and has some concerns vs great defenses. lowry may have to put up 20-25 in the playoffs to win games

agree with this.... My dark horse was going to be OKC, but they lost to Memphis,, WTH?

NBAGOAT
08-08-2020, 12:04 AM
agree with this.... My dark horse was going to be OKC, but they lost to Memphis,, WTH?

well that game didnt matter too much and bad games happen. I like okc a lot but just dont think they have the firepower to beat either la team, their depth is also the worst of the top 7 west teams may have to play cp3 40mpg :lol. tbf they're pretty consistent so can beat any team in the 1st round.

Den is a decent sleeper if mpj can keep it up. People have overlooked playoff jokic who most teams cant matchup with and I think is a thing, he's just so lazy during the RS.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-08-2020, 12:11 AM
I would say Nuggets because of Michael Porter's emergence and Murray returning, they now have a big 3 of Jokic/Murray/Porter.

brooks_thompson
08-08-2020, 01:39 AM
I would say Nuggets because of Michael Porter's emergence and Murray returning, they now have a big 3 of Jokic/Murray/Porter.

Hm, I see that list and I still reduce it fractionally to a Big 1.

NugzFan
08-08-2020, 01:54 AM

you forgot to carry the 2...so its actually a big 4 when you add in bolē

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-08-2020, 02:29 AM
I'd like to see the Raptors eliminate the Magic without The Terminator

HBK_Kliq_2
08-08-2020, 02:37 AM

Porter has been averaging 26 points 10 rebounds a game in the bubble. Murray was a decent 2nd option last years playoffs.

CTbasketball92
08-08-2020, 03:54 AM
I'd say look out for Boston and Portland.

Boston has four guys that can get 17 ppg >>>> on excellent efficiency in this system, Kemba looks healthier than he's been in a while and he might be able to hit his stride very soon.

Tatum and Jaylen Brown can just go off. Gordon is always good for heady play and can also get 20 on any night. Ummm there's a little more but i forget.

Portland is just screwed because they'll have to play the Lakers pretty much no matter what. But their team looks like a potential 55-win-level team now.

Dame is operating at a higher gear as an offensive player, Nurkic looks like a two-way big that can play good defense, pass and get you 20/10 a game and CJ is a microwave kind of player with some of the best handles in the league and can make shots from three and midrange easy. That's a very dangerous trio and they've also got another solid defensive player back.

I think Denver is just kinda destined to come up short even if Jokic is a top 8 or so player. If MPJ is actually a guy that can get 21 or so a game on good efficiency and Jamal Murray can be a 20 ppg guy and Gary Harris and Paul Milsap all do their part, they can also go far.