PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is about a few days away from breaking the PER record for a single season.

Turbo Slayer
08-08-2020, 07:20 AM
Greatness.:applause:

fourkicks44
08-08-2020, 07:44 AM
Well then, he wouldn't want to f#ck up and not win a ring now, would he?

Roundball_Rock
08-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Monster. :bowdown:

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 10:54 AM
Lebron and Embiid could never

https://image-cdn.essentiallysports.com/wp-content/uploads/20200710114200/giannis-feature1.jpg

LAmbruh
08-08-2020, 10:56 AM
East :sleeping

Shooter
08-08-2020, 11:02 AM

+1

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 11:43 AM

Why couldn't lebitch do it then? Imagine being so trash you can't dominate the east

1987_Lakers
08-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Why couldn't lebitch do it then? Imagine being so trash you can't dominate the east

His team made the Finals 8 straight years, if that is not dominating the East then I don't know what is.

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 12:44 PM
His team made the Finals 8 straight years, if that is not dominating the East then I don't know what is.

The shitty easy with no talent, the toughest team he faced in all those 8 runs were the old af celtics and it still took them like 7 games to win, foh

If he played in the west, no chips

Shooter
08-08-2020, 01:15 PM

:roll:

RudeBoy fuming :lol

Yanny still looking for his 1st Eastern Conference win :lol

Bron got 9.

Keep up :lol

StrongLurk
08-08-2020, 01:54 PM
It's crazy how dominant Giannis has become considering his lack of skill. I actually think he wouldn't be nearly as good if he played in the 90's/early 2000's.

tpols
08-08-2020, 02:19 PM
It's crazy how dominant Giannis has become considering his lack of skill. I actually think he wouldn't be nearly as good if he played in the 90's/early 2000's.

That's a total given.

New fans don't understand the spacing Giannis is working with. They have four 3 pt shooters to spread the floor as thin as possible for him... Brook Lopez is shooting the 3 better than NBA guards did in the 90s. He's the best shooting center in the league. Middleton is an all star sharpshooter as well. You drop him off in the 90s, where there's no spacing at all... maybe 2-3 guys in your line up are a threat from outside, so there's a ton more defensive congestion in the paint and middle of the floor. You can't just run through that. You have to have moves, trickery, footwork, craftiness to find some daylight to make a shot. Giannis doesn't have any of that. It would be like night and day.

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 02:59 PM

gtfo, you don't become a two time MVP without having the ability to dominate no matter the era. People keep talking about the 5 out system but seem to ignore the jason kidd years with no shooters and he was still dad dicking, foh

fourkicks44
08-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Lebron and Embiid could never

https://image-cdn.essentiallysports.com/wp-content/uploads/20200710114200/giannis-feature1.jpg

Rent free Baby boi.

Shooter
08-08-2020, 04:38 PM
gtfo, you don't become a two time MVP without having the ability to dominate no matter the era. People keep talking about the 5 out system but seem to ignore the jason kidd years with no shooters and he was still dad dicking, foh

Will Giannis finally win a conference? A Finals?

tontoz
08-08-2020, 04:51 PM
I have seen this movie before. Great player gets dissed because he has supposedly underachieved in the playoffs. I know how this movie ends.

Giannis was kicking ass in the playoffs last year until he got matched up against kawhi.

Giannis would kick ass in any era. He wouldn't be able to get to the basket so consistently without being an excellent.ball handler for his size.

RRR3
08-08-2020, 05:39 PM
That's a total given.

New fans don't understand the spacing Giannis is working with. They have four 3 pt shooters to spread the floor as thin as possible for him... Brook Lopez is shooting the 3 better than NBA guards did in the 90s. He's the best shooting center in the league. Middleton is an all star sharpshooter as well. You drop him off in the 90s, where there's no spacing at all... maybe 2-3 guys in your line up are a threat from outside, so there's a ton more defensive congestion in the paint and middle of the floor. You can't just run through that. You have to have moves, trickery, footwork, craftiness to find some daylight to make a shot. Giannis doesn't have any of that. It would be like night and day.
Lopez is shooting 29.8% from 3

Ttrolls at it again

Shooter
08-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Ttrolls at it again

:lol

Get his ass

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 05:45 PM
I have seen this movie before. Great player gets dissed because he has supposedly underachieved in the playoffs. I know how this movie ends.

Giannis was kicking ass in the playoffs last year until he got matched up against kawhi.

Giannis would kick ass in any era. He wouldn't be able to get to the basket so consistently without being an excellent.ball handler for his size.

He was literally the best player in the playoffs last year up until game 3 of the ecf where everything went to shit cause the raptors were guarding him with 4 players and the bucks couldn't make them pay by hitting shots. So the raptors essentially weren't getting punished for their gamble Defence. Celtics played the same D on giannis, only difference was bucks shooters hit their shots. Only critique i got for giannis in that series is that he shot like shit from the line, no excuse for that

Rudeboy3
08-08-2020, 05:46 PM

Ttrolls at it again

Guess even a communist can be based once every blue moon

Shooter
08-08-2020, 05:50 PM
He was literally the best player in the playoffs last year up until game 3 of the ecf where everything went to shit cause the raptors were guarding him with 4 players and the bucks couldn't make them pay by hitting shots. So the raptors essentially weren't getting punished for their gamble Defence. Celtics played the same D on giannis, only difference was bucks shooters hit their shots. Only critique i got for giannis in that series is that he shot like shit from the line, no excuse for that

Bucks vs Raptors series? 22.7 ppg on 45% fg? 58% FT?! Meh.

Players get torched for losing with far better #s.

Axe
08-08-2020, 09:15 PM

The problem with giannis is that he's not entirely invincible as many people think him to be, especially with an elite defender. The raptors did a great job last year of exposing that when he and kawhi had an exhibition during the ecf but while the latter triumphed, the bucks suddenly fell apart after game 2 once they were able to exploit him. And when that happened, coach bud was so helpless he couldn't figure out how to let his team stay alive once yannis got neutralized, despite the presence of other potential starters like middleton, lopez and bledsoe. Well, i hope they already fixed that this year but knowing coach bud...

insidious301
08-08-2020, 09:41 PM
The problem with giannis is that he's not entirely invincible as many people think him to be, especially with an elite defender. The raptors did a great job last year of exposing that when he and kawhi had an exhibition during the ecf but while the latter triumphed, the bucks suddenly fell apart after game 2 once they were able to exploit him. And when that happened, coach bud was so helpless he couldn't figure out how to let his team stay alive once yannis got neutralized, despite the presence of other potential starters like middleton, lopez and bledsoe. Well, i hope they already fixed that this year but knowing coach bud...

Great post, Axe. I agree with this. Giannis is arguably one of the best right now however his limitations are hard to overlook. Against an elite defensive team who can make him shoot, he wouldn't be anywhere as effective(22 PPG shooting 45% in the ECF vs Toronto). Easier said than done of course. Giannis' play is contingent by spacing and transition dunks. If you watched the FIBA tournament you'll understand where I am coming from. That "league" employs a more physical set of rules, and that is the Giannis we would see. From my vantage point, that is why he will never be the best or lead a team to a ring.

tpols
08-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Ttrolls at it again

Last year he shot 37% from 3.

Next.

tontoz
08-08-2020, 09:49 PM

There is only one Kawhi and he is in another conference now. Lets not forget Giannis was only 24 and hadn't faced a situation like that before.

MJ was neutralized against Detroit until he wasn't.

insidious301
08-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Great post, Axe. I agree with this. Giannis is arguably one of the best right now however his limitations are hard to overlook. Against an elite defensive team who can make him shoot, he wouldn't be anywhere as effective(22 PPG shooting 45% in the ECF vs Toronto). Easier said than done of course. Giannis' play is contingent by spacing and transition dunks. If you watched the FIBA tournament you'll understand where I am coming from. That "league" employs a more physical set of rules, and that is the Giannis we would see. From my vantage point, that is why he will never be the best or lead a team to a ring.

I will rephrase this. And say Giannis needs to develop more skills in order to lead Milwaukee all the way. Either that or Milwaukee gets more help, offensively.

Roundball_Rock
08-08-2020, 10:31 PM

Ttrolls at it again

:lol

Axe
08-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Yes but despite that, he's dominated the regular season so far and will mostly likely be b2b mvp. If not for this whole disruptive pandemic, i bet the bucks would have another 60-win season again although the postseason is another story. Also let's not forget his total double doubles for the season which sits at more than 20 and he's improved his 3pt% by a considerable margin from his maiden mvp season too. If there are chances that the next season will push through, i feel like he'd be in his prime or peak at 26/27. Well, hopefully he doesn't leave in the next coming years so the bucks would be able garner a ring by that time.

Hey Yo
08-08-2020, 10:57 PM
Sad that the Freak is about to become a B2B MVP winner and basically fans and media give ZERO ****s about him.

FromDowntown
08-09-2020, 12:22 AM
Sad that the Freak is about to become a B2B MVP winner and basically fans and media give ZERO ****s about him.

If he can get to the Finals this year he can change his narrative. People love winners and he needs to get to a Finals this year, the East is weak now with Ben Simmons hurt.

Phoenix
08-09-2020, 12:32 AM

What do you mean they give zero shits about him?