PDA

View Full Version : Uneven amount of games to be played between Pels/Blazers, Rockets/Nugs, C's/Raps...

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Those teams are fighting for position, yet the Blazers, Nuggets, Raptors can all end up with 1 more game than those teams, which makes no sense / is unfair.

Especially since in all 3 instances, in the case of a H2H the team playing 1 less game owns the tiebreaker (Pelicans, Rockets, Celtics).

Real Men Wear Green
08-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Raptors have the 2 seed locked and there is no home court advantage in the bubble for anyone. This is only important if it effects one of the team's trying to get the 8th seed and even then the extra conditions between 8th and 9th would make this a lame excuse.

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Raptors have the 2 seed locked and there is no home court advantage in the bubble for anyone. This is only important if it effects one of the team's trying to get the 8th seed and even then the extra conditions between 8th and 9th would make this a lame excuse.

but if the Raps lose the next 4 gms and C's win theirs, their record is worse than Boston?

And did you miss how its also important due to non HC reasons?

It kinda determines who you play in the 1st round, lol

Real Men Wear Green
08-08-2020, 02:00 PM
but if the Raps lose the next 4 gms and C's win theirs, their record is worse than Boston?

And did you miss how its also important due to non HC reasons?

It kinda determines who you play in the 1st round, lol

There is a small chance the Celtics go 4-0. There is almost no chance Toronto goes 0-4. With the Simmons injury a team could be better off in the third seed but either way if you can't beat the first round opponent you're not a real contender.

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2020, 02:04 PM
There is a small chance the Celtics go 4-0. There is almost no chance Toronto goes 0-4. With the Simmons injury a team could be better off in the third seed but either way if you can't beat the first round opponent you're not a real contender.

Sure, sure.. I was just curious if you meant that statement literally. Because I thought I heard something like that on the broadcast during last nights game but I was like, nah, mathematically the Raptors dont have it locked?!

The big surprise would be them losing to Memphis, but after that Milwaukee/Philly/Denver could be sticky, if those teams dont tank and Philly and Denver both wil fight for a seed, so have no reason to.