PDA

View Full Version : Paul George begs for Sympathy after Dame ethers him?

AirTupac
08-10-2020, 10:35 AM
"It be a lot of jawing going on and i keep my peace. Imagine yall go thru 6 major surgeries and still standing? I promise the story would be different if that never happened. But respect it injuries is apart of the game i play. I leave it on that floor everytime I suit up. God Bless."

on his IG story

PG a chump :oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
08-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Play off P in prime form.

Roundball_Rock
08-10-2020, 10:38 AM
:lol

What is the injury excuse here? He is talking like he was Derrick Rose before injuries. His best season, his one all-NBA first team/MVP caliber season, was just last year, in his 9th season. What is he saying he would have been if he had zero injuries? What is this supposedly untapped potential?

guy
08-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Bringing up injuries is really pathetic. As a competitor, you would think he would know better.

ArbitraryWater
08-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Bringing up injuries is really pathetic. As a competitor, you would think he would know better.

never heard of it being pathetic

guy
08-10-2020, 12:15 PM
never heard of it being pathetic

These guys trash talk back and forth and at the end he brings up his injuries saying things would've been alot different if not for that? How is that not pathetic? These guys are in the middle of their primes. PG's best season came AFTER the injury.

Fact is Dame took him out last year about as worse as you can be taken out i.e. series winner at the buzzer on PG. Now he's bringing up excuses after he probably realized he didn't have a leg to stand on to talk trash to this guy. Anyone can talk trash, but don't bring up pathetic excuses like this.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 12:33 PM
I think he's basically saying that if he was healthy in 2019 playoffs, he would of eliminated Blazers. Remember he did need shoulder surgery after the season ended. His body broke down after his MVP level season.

His body can't handle an MVP level season, he proved that last year when he broke down by playoffs. Now he needs to shut the hell up, do a little load management, stop bringing in his bum ass friends Reggie Jackson and Pat Patterson, bang his hot stripper wife, win some rings as the robin.

ImKobe
08-10-2020, 12:55 PM
These guys trash talk back and forth and at the end he brings up his injuries saying things would've been alot different if not for that? How is that not pathetic? These guys are in the middle of their primes. PG's best season came AFTER the injury.

Fact is Dame took him out last year about as worse as you can be taken out i.e. series winner at the buzzer on PG. Now he's bringing up excuses after he probably realized he didn't have a leg to stand on to talk trash to this guy. Anyone can talk trash, but don't bring up pathetic excuses like this.

PG was playing with two bad shoulders during that series, needed surgery on both. Not like he didn't step up in the game/series, he did his part. Dame made a 36 ft 3PT shot lol, not like he crossed over PG and drained a 10-footer at the buzzer.

guy
08-10-2020, 12:56 PM
I think he's basically saying that if he was healthy in 2019 playoffs, he would of eliminated Blazers. Remember he did need shoulder surgery after the season ended. His body broke down after his MVP level season.

His body can't handle an MVP level season, he proved that last year when he broke down by playoffs. Now he needs to shut the hell up, do a little load management, stop bringing in his bum ass friends Reggie Jackson and Pat Patterson, bang his hot stripper wife, win some rings as the robin.

If you play, you shouldn't make that excuse. Let other people make that excuse for you. Or don't play in the first place.

Tobio-Star
08-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Agreed, thats weak af

Tobio-Star
08-10-2020, 12:59 PM
The guy is acting like his shoulder surgery had the same impact as LeBron's groin injury :facepalm

NBAGOAT
08-10-2020, 01:02 PM
it's weak but george could be talking about his leg injury, not his shoulder stuff last year. Took a year off his prime and stunted his improvement. I dont see it that way but maybe he thinks he could've been a multiple year mvp candidate if not for the injury.

rawimpact
08-10-2020, 01:17 PM
I never hear of great nba players excuse their performance due to injury, most play through it (or did) or just downplay it.

BTW, I like how damians sister is getting in on this attention. Is her name really La'Nae Lillard? Sounds so lizard like

Roundball_Rock
08-10-2020, 01:52 PM
it's weak but george could be talking about his leg injury, not his shoulder stuff last year. Took a year off his prime and stunted his improvement. I dont see it that way but maybe he thinks he could've been a multiple year mvp candidate if not for the injury.

It's a lame excuse. I believe that type of injury was something that would come with a full recovery.

He came back the same after from the injury.

George 14': 22/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team
George 16': 23/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team

He was an all-NBA 3rd team player in the two years prior to the injury. He was 3rd team again in 16', 18'.

He has been the same player (all-NBA 3rd team type) his entire prime except for 19'.

NBAGOAT
08-10-2020, 02:05 PM
It's a lame excuse. I believe that type of injury was something that would come with a full recovery.

He came back the same after from the injury.

George 14': 22/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team
George 16': 23/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team

He was an all-NBA 3rd team player in the two years prior to the injury. He was 3rd team again in 16', 18'.

He has been the same player (all-NBA 3rd team type) his entire prime except for 19'.

Well he improved from 13 to 14 even if he was 3rd all-nba both years so it’s possible he would’ve improved going forward and had a year like last year earlier in his career

Roundball_Rock
08-10-2020, 02:11 PM
Well he improved from 13 to 14 even if he was 3rd all-nba both years so it’s possible he would’ve improved going forward and had a year like last year earlier in his career

The problem is he was the same player in 16', 17', 18', 20'. That supposed extra gear came half a decade after the injury and then disappeared as quickly as it appeared. This isn't a player who steadily improves year after year. The idea that if he didn't miss 76 games in his fifth season he would be a completely different player doesn't square with his career, which is consistent all-NBA 3rd team level performance outside of one year.

He is making excuses for underachieving in team results--zero playoff series win since 14'.

LAL
08-10-2020, 02:12 PM
They both lost because they let the females join in. Soft generation.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 02:13 PM
If you play, you shouldn't make that excuse. Let other people make that excuse for you. Or don't play in the first place.

Well he's in an Instagram feud, that's kind of a diva thing to do. So I'm not surprised he's bringing injury excuses into this as well.

So this is basically about him being sad he couldn't have an extra MVP level season? That's random. What does that have to do with Lillard's hopping teams comment though? Even if he had an MVP season with pacers, he still would of left because he wasn't happy with them not bringing in another star.

Then he goes to thunder by accident, he didn't even want to be there. Had an MVP season and still left.

Roundball_Rock
08-10-2020, 02:20 PM
Then he goes to thunder by accident, he didn't even want to be there. Had an MVP season and still left.

Gets bounced twice in the first round playing with a MVP and no one gives him any flack for it. A MVP level player playing with a MVP=zero team success :wtf: and he gets a pass for it yet he is complaining.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 02:20 PM
George also can't make up his damn mind. He signed an extension with thunder in 2018 off season and left a year later. His minds all over the place it seems, he's lucky he has Kawhi by his side.

Roundball_Rock
08-10-2020, 02:42 PM
George also can't make up his damn mind. He signed an extension with thunder in 2018 off season and left a year later. His minds all over the place it seems, he's lucky he has Kawhi by his side.

Yeah, he said he had "unfinished business" in OKC after getting bounced in the first round, came back and got bounced in the first round again and then left OKC to team up with Kawhi. :oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Yeah, he said he had "unfinished business" in OKC after getting bounced in the first round, came back and got bounced in the first round again and then left OKC to team up with Kawhi. :oldlol:

Kawhi signed an extension with spurs in 2015 but by 2018 their core was all washed up. Kawhi was also a lot younger and that was his first extension. 2018 George signed an extension, was older and still playing with an MVP in his prime.

Kawhi was pissed at spurs when they didn't work a trade with pacers to get George. So I guess they were born to play with each other. No more excuses though and no more silly Instagram feud shit.

AirTupac
08-10-2020, 03:27 PM
I never hear of great nba players excuse their performance due to injury, most play through it (or did) or just downplay it.

BTW, I like how damians sister is getting in on this attention. Is her name really La'Nae Lillard? Sounds so lizard like

Well the ones who aren't mentally soft won't bring it up. Kobe had broken fingers and played through them. You rarely heard, if ever, him talk about his injuries. Not like PG, Bron etc. Who bring up something when they are shook/mentally fragile.