PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a player that has carried a trash can team like Giannis has

Rudeboy3
08-10-2020, 09:26 PM
This season? Serious question, when he doesn't play their complete ass, the last 2 seasons under bud, when Giannis is out they're under .500 but with him, they have a winning percentage in the high 80s. He literally carries their whole entire offense and defense, leads them in everything except blocks, which he's second in and when the playoffs starts he's leading in everything again, including blocks.

Rn in the nba no one can take team filled with nothing but journey men and turn them into a contender like Giannis can. Put Giannis on the nets roster in the bubble, they're making it to the finals. Put Giannis on the suns they're making it to at least the WCF. He's that elite and some people still try to deny the fact he's the best player in the game. Even bill simmons that Boston cuck has to acquiesce to Giannis's greatness. By the times giannis career is over he''s be a consensus top 5 player, his level of dominance is just unprecedented, you're witnessing greatness rn peasants, enjoy it and bow your heads :bowdown:

LAmbruh
08-10-2020, 09:33 PM
5-3 without Giannis this year

Very respectable .600 and top 5 seed

But as we all know good and well, anyone can make the Finals out East :confusedshrug:

Shooter
08-10-2020, 09:39 PM

But as we all know good and well, anyone can make the Finals out East :confusedshrug:

Axe
08-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Idk why but coach bud often has had history in letting his teams crumble whenever the rs nears its end or once the playoffs draw near. I don't understand why they have to lose against teams in narrow margins recently, like the games against the mavs, the rockets and nets. I wish they could finish on a high note, like what the warriors did in 2015 or 2016 but that's not what is happening rn.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 09:53 PM
Its easy to carry in regular season. Let me know when Giannis has a big boy playoff run, like Kawhi 2019.

7 teammates shooting worse then 45% FG? That's ok, kawhi will put up 35PPG on 53% FG (2nd round 2019). Now that's a carry job.

MrFonzworth
08-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Carried them where?

Axe
08-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Its easy to carry in regular season. Let me know when Giannis has a big boy playoff run, like Kawhi 2019.

7 teammates shooting worse then 45% FG? That's ok, kawhi will put up 35PPG on 53% FG (2nd round 2019). Now that's a carry job.
Fyi that's because kawhi has been on stacked teams ever since, unlike giannis and the bucks whom had league-worst record in 2014 but they've already come a long way now. They just need to prove that they can be more dominant this time until their efforts truly pay off.

Shooter
08-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Carried them where?

:lol

To the 1st round :rockon:

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Fyi that's because kawhi has been on stacked teams ever since, unlike giannis and the bucks whom had league-worst record in 2014 but they've already come a long way now. They just need to prove that they can be more dominant this time until their efforts truly pay off.

7 teammates shooting worse then 45% FG in a series for Kawhi? That's not stacked.

Giannis team had the best record last year and were up 2-0 in the ECF, no excuses. Man up and stop scoring like a beta in big games.

Axe
08-10-2020, 10:15 PM
7 teammates shooting worse then 45% FG in a series for Kawhi? That's not stacked.

Giannis team had the best record last year and were up 2-0 in the ECF, no excuses. Man up and stop scoring like a beta in big games.
So the spurs weren't stacked back then? Ok if you say so...

Also, last year was giannis's first trip to the ecf. So ofc, it's only given that he had shortcomings but i do hope that he already learned something from it.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-10-2020, 10:18 PM
So the spurs weren't stacked back then? Ok if you say so...

They were stacked with residents at the senior citizen resort? Sure.

red1
08-10-2020, 10:19 PM
his team sucks I dont think anyone in their right mind will blame him if they lose to the clippers or lakers

Axe
08-10-2020, 10:20 PM
What a banal sarcasm. I think you weren't able to get my point tho.

Vino24
08-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Korver putting up 19pts off the bench as a 10th option. Needs more help tho

MrFonzworth
08-10-2020, 11:18 PM

To the 1st round :rockon:

OP must be too young to remember what LeBron was doing in Cleveland with a sack of potatoes and a 7 footer who didn't speak a lick of english.

GimmeThat
08-10-2020, 11:27 PM
I think this is the part where Ben Affleck could save Alien vs. Predator, but it just shouldn't be done.

ZenMaster7210
08-10-2020, 11:29 PM

:oldlol::roll::applause:

Akeem34TheDream
08-10-2020, 11:32 PM
I think this is the part where Ben Affleck could save Alien vs. Predator, but it just shouldn't be done.

This post makes more sense than OP tbh.

Rudeboy3
08-10-2020, 11:45 PM

5-3? wtf you smoking i'm a bucks fan they're below .500 with giannis this year and last, **** u talking about boi and the wins without him were aginst teams below .500 :lol

Rudeboy3
08-10-2020, 11:46 PM

Mane stfu, the raptors literally have a 60-70% winning percentage without kawhi, they have a stacked roster. The bucks, on the other hand, are literally just a bunch of journey men, i don't think people understand just how old that bucks team actually is

Rudeboy3
08-10-2020, 11:47 PM
his team sucks I dont think anyone in their right mind will blame him if they lose to the clippers or lakers

Exactly, they'll get to the finals purely on the fact the east is so devoid of any superstars this playoff, Giannis is literally the only one. But i seriously doubt they're going to win the chip, the clippers will probably win. Lakers are looking like shit rn

Docs Orders
08-10-2020, 11:54 PM
This season? Serious question, when he doesn't play their complete ass, the last 2 seasons under bud, when Giannis is out they're under .500 but with him, they have a winning percentage in the high 80s. He literally carries their whole entire offense and defense, leads them in everything except blocks, which he's second in and when the playoffs starts he's leading in everything again, including blocks.

Rn in the nba no one can take team filled with nothing but journey men and turn them into a contender like Giannis can. Put Giannis on the nets roster in the bubble, they're making it to the finals. Put Giannis on the suns they're making it to at least the WCF. He's that elite and some people still try to deny the fact he's the best player in the game. Even bill simmons that Boston cuck has to acquiesce to Giannis's greatness. By the times giannis career is over he''s be a consensus top 5 player, his level of dominance is just unprecedented, you're witnessing greatness rn peasants, enjoy it and bow your heads :bowdown:

With or without Roids?

Lion's pride
08-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Young people the OP said ever??? Larry Joe Bird went to the LAST place Celtics with 25 wins, and won 62? games in a year turnaround Before McHale, Parish, D Johnson even got there... Why he is truly is the GOAT....

Larry Bird > everyone else..

Rudeboy3
08-11-2020, 04:45 AM
Young people the OP said ever??? Larry Joe Bird went to the LAST place Celtics with 25 wins, and won 62? games in a year turnaround Before McHale, Parish, D Johnson even got there... Why he is truly is the GOAT....

Larry Bird > everyone else..

bird is white, white privilege hot the celtics to 62 wins, it doesn't count

SATAN
08-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Worst thread of all time.

Rudeboy3
08-11-2020, 05:20 AM
Worst thread of all time.

and yet, here you are, can't be that bad bitch

SATAN
08-11-2020, 05:42 AM
It is. :facepalm

Not even worth discussing why because I know you know.

LAL
08-11-2020, 07:33 AM
I like Giannis. Still, imo the top superstars are the ones basically without weaknesses, the ones you can't really prepare a game plan for during the playoffs. I'd be more comfortable with KD and Kawhi for sure.

Bronbron23
08-11-2020, 08:08 AM

Honestly alot of players have lead teams as bad as the bucks deep in the playoffs. The list is to long to name tbh

RRR3
08-11-2020, 09:46 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

HylianNightmare
08-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Lopez, wesley Mathews, Bledsoe and Middleton

CTbasketball92
08-11-2020, 10:02 AM
Is this a troll? Khris Middleton's been like a top 10ish guy this year, Eric Bledsoe is a quality point guard who can play defense and they have lengthy defenders. This team is far from bad

Wally450
08-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Where is Giannis carrying them to? He hasn't proven anything yet.

bullettooth
08-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Anthony Davis took a team that couldn't even make the playoffs and made them finals contenders.

WolfGang
08-11-2020, 12:39 PM
I have to disagree. I really like this Bucks team. They just need one more guy. Swap Bledsoe with CP3 and their chances to win go way up.

Axe
08-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Where is Giannis carrying them to? He hasn't proven anything yet.
Shouldn't you be asking the same thing about kyrie as well?

Oh, and what's the reason again why the celtics never made on what's supposed to be their third straight appearance in the ecf last year?