PDA

View Full Version : 8/11 HUGE Bubble / Playoff Implications day: Rockets vs Spurs, Mavericks vs Blazers

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 05:26 AM
Also Celtics/Grizzlies.

Apparently Harden is expected to be rested, which would pretty much mean the Rockets would deny the prospect of the third seed to play the Lakers in R2.

Surprising since they owned LAC a couple times this season.

Also, Mavericks might rest Luka and Zinger again, gifting Portland the play-in game :(

Just have to hope they will play.

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 08:26 AM
guys huge!

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 02:40 PM
Westbrook with 4 TO's in 8 minutes

clown ass dude

They don't even care right now

Sad to see such an uninspired product on the court

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Covington no awareness/vision on that 2Q 7.30 drive..

two open shooters for the three, double dribbles

HBK_Kliq_2
08-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Spurs spanking that rockets ass with no Harden. Lakers are pretty much locked in with Rockets for a 2nd round matchup, regardless of LeGroin trying to dodge it the best he could.

rawimpact
08-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Okay, we get it... these final games change the look of playoff seeding.

You need to find some friends or something better to do besides post.

dreamshake
08-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Spurs spanking that rockets ass with no Harden. Lakers are pretty much locked in with Rockets for a 2nd round matchup, regardless of LeGroin trying to dodge it the best he could.

You can smell the fear in the OP's post. LeBron stans want to avoid competition just like their idol. They don't want to see Harden in the playoffs. Straight terrified.

NBAGOAT
08-11-2020, 03:02 PM
rockets might also want to be going up against a non healthy jazz team who have a good chance passing okc(they have the tiebreaker). OKC's also tanking pretty hard to keep their pick(srry fourkicks).

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 03:03 PM

True, this seals it unless Denver loses both to LAC and TOR, who have nothing to play for anymore.

Rockets really wasted the 3rd seed by resting Westbrook so often and missing Harden in a couple losses also + buzzer beater bombed by Bjelica and Bogdanovic.

Rockets just not giving a fck here.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-11-2020, 03:32 PM
rockets might also want to be going up against a non healthy jazz team who have a good chance passing okc(they have the tiebreaker). OKC's also tanking pretty hard to keep their pick(srry fourkicks).

Paul vs Harden will be a great 1st round matchup after their falling out. I still think Harden ran him out of town, like they are going to trade Paul and not have Harden's approval.

tpols
08-11-2020, 03:36 PM
True, this seals it unless Denver loses both to LAC and TOR, who have nothing to play for anymore.

Rockets really wasted the 3rd seed by resting Westbrook so often and missing Harden in a couple losses also + buzzer beater bombed by Bjelica and Bogdanovic.

Rockets just not giving a fck here.

They're giving many ****s.

Jazz/Lakers is a way easier path than Thunder/Clippers.

insidious301
08-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Go Blazers and Spurs! Anyone know how the final seeding play out? I read they will have a "play in" but what determines that? How many games exactly makes you a qualifier?

tontoz
08-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Go Blazers and Spurs! Anyone know how the final seeding play out? I read they will have a "play in" but what determines that? How many games exactly makes you a qualifier?

I believe that the 8/9 seeds will play for the last spot (assuming the 9 seed is within 4 games of 8) in a 3 game series. The 8 seed only has to win 1 game to advance. The 9 seed has to win 2 to advance.

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 04:15 PM
I believe that the 8/9 seeds will play for the last spot (assuming the 9 seed is within 4 games of 8) in a 3 game series. The 8 seed only has to win 1 game to advance. The 9 seed has to win 2 to advance.

What?!

I thought it was just 1 game wtf

tontoz
08-11-2020, 04:21 PM
What?!

I thought it was just 1 game wtf

Actually we are both wrong lol.

The tournament will comprise of 2 head-to-head games between the 8th and the 9th seed. The 9th seed will have to beat the 8th seed in both those games in order to clinch that final playoff spot.

So, if the 8th seed wins even 1 of the 2 games, it gets to keep its 8th spot and will cruise into the playoffs.

The play in tournament would provide a playoff flavour to the viewers before the actual NBA Playoffs begin on the 17th of August in the Orlando Bubble.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-nba-play-in-tournament-what-is-the-nba-play-in-event-in-orlando-bubble/

LoneyROY7
08-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Solid loss for the Rockets today.

fourkicks44
08-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Sixers' are tanking against Suns

Embiid and JRich sitting.

insidious301
08-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Actually we are both wrong lol.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-nba-play-in-tournament-what-is-the-nba-play-in-event-in-orlando-bubble/

Thanks for the link, and explanation. An 8th seed having to only win once is definitely fair.