PDA

View Full Version : How many games in the playoffs does the Mavs need to win for Luka not be considered a

dirkdiggler41
08-11-2020, 01:01 PM
choker? He had no problem being the best player in Europe in the biggest moments, but people here say they can't rank him properly before they see him in the playoffs. It looks like the Mavs will meet the Clippers in the playoffs. The result will most likely be 4-0 clippers with them having the best wing defenders in the league. So how can Luka prove himself not to be a choker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7PowkGVOlg

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2020, 01:03 PM
no one will call Luka a choker for losing to LAC, dont worry.

They should take a game though

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-11-2020, 01:19 PM
If Luka plays well all is good. Wins are mostly a byproduct of team function.

The WC rn has a heap of talent.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2020, 01:22 PM
There’s almost nothing these young phenomenon types can do to prevent stupid people from hating because they get praise like anyone rational would give to borderline children doing great things in the nba. Jason Tatum led his team to the conference finals as a 19-20 year old rookie and has people saying he sucks when he’s improved a lot since then. People have very little willingness to just say “_____ is amazing but has a lot of room to grow”. They just laugh and mock young hall of famers because they arent yet as good as they can be and more established players have done more.

There is no good reason to hate on most any of these great young players. It’s stupid enough hating on guys with completed careers who did great things but not as great as some others. We out here watching guys hate on a guy who can’t legally drink for like....months and years at a time.

Im losing all ability to be a hater as I age I think. The people I don’t like now are pretty much all personality based. Maybe some kinda downright cheating? I don’t know. It would take a lot at this point. I’ve come to appreciate just about every even good player I ever saw. The guys people think I “hate” I’m generally pretty impressed by.

I can’t imagine shitting on a guy like Luka no matter how they look vs the Clippers. He’s younger than guys used to be as rookies and he’s out here on some 30/9/8 shit with all kinda room to improve.

Hes legit one of the all time greats....today. The numbers wouldn’t be what they are in a more defensive era but....neither would John Stocktons if he played in the early 2000s East and not the 80s and early 90s west. Just is what it is. He’s not better than a lot of guys who didn’t do his numbers but he’s too good to be hating over some tiny sample size vs a great team.

Long story short...I **** with Luka if they get swept or upset someone. I’m tired of realizing how special guys were 20 years later.

I wish I watched Nique with the wonder my cousins did when I was hating because they thought he was better than Jordan. What did I get outta hating?

Less appreciation for legendary play right in front of me.

No more.

I can respect almost everyone out right now. And if I can’t it isn’t gonna be about what someone else said about them. That’s a somewhat childish way to be in my eyes.

imdaman99
08-11-2020, 01:22 PM
No one sane will call him a choker unless he averages 10 pts a game on 20% shooting. Just play your hardest and hope for the best because the Clips are no joke defensively.

Bronbron23
08-11-2020, 02:43 PM
choker? He had no problem being the best player in Europe in the biggest moments, but people here say they can't rank him properly before they see him in the playoffs. It looks like the Mavs will meet the Clippers in the playoffs. The result will most likely be 4-0 clippers with them having the best wing defenders in the league. So how can Luka prove himself not to be a choker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7PowkGVOlg

Its to early and hes to young to be considered a choker. Even if hes trash and they get swept it wouldn't be fair to give him that label. If he does it 4 or 5 seasons straight like harden than it would be fair.

NBAGOAT
08-11-2020, 02:58 PM
just play decent and avoid a really embarrassing game/clutch moment like a 2/18 game or turning the ball over on 3 straight clutch possessions. Those moments can really can turn perception against a guy. There's no expectations for the mavs to beat the clips so a sweep isnt even that bad

Axe
08-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Maybe they can win one game, who knows. What the mavs have to avoid is being overpowered by huge margins. Otherwise, it'll be lopsided. But then the mavs are the 7th seed so they'd still be forgiven for coming up short.