PDA

View Full Version : Meticulous: showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Similar:

careful

conscientious

diligent

scrupulous

punctilious

painstaking

Tim Duncan

demanding

exacting

accurate

correct

thorough

studious

rigorous

detailed

perfectionist

fastidious

methodical

https://youtu.be/5_iN6qwvoS8

Horatio33
08-11-2020, 02:56 PM
What a player. The king of subtlety.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2020, 09:38 PM
With the differences in what we ask of bigs now I’m not sure anyone is gonna play that way long enough to get that good at it again. The only traditional bigs are late blooming internationals it seems and many of them are also converting.

Carbine
08-11-2020, 09:40 PM
He's not as good as I thought he was.

The advanced stats say the Spurs were better without him. My eyes lied to me all those years.

LoneyROY7
08-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Stonewall Timmy.

Reggie43
08-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Funny how you barely need to be that fundamentally sound to be great in todays league. The rule changes does all the work for you by handicapping the defense (somewhat exaggerated but you guys get the point) Some of your main moves will be unstoppable enough that you barely need counter moves to be effective. Players will get scrutinized more in the playoffs obviously but the numbers will still be there win or lose because of the modern style of play.

Doranku
08-12-2020, 01:14 PM
This is an instance of where Shaq's poor conditioning really hindered the Lakers. Shaq was only able to guard Duncan for stretches which is why you see Duncan absolutely bullying Horry and Medvedenko throughout most of the game.

Kblaze8855
08-12-2020, 01:24 PM
Funny how you barely need to be that fundamentally sound to be great in todays league. The rule changes does all the work for you by handicapping the defense (somewhat exaggerated but you guys get the point) Some of your main moves will be unstoppable enough that you barely need counter moves to be effective. Players will get scrutinized more in the playoffs obviously but the numbers will still be there win or lose because of the modern style of play.

It amazes me the lack of variety in some guys games but you don’t need it anymore. Who plays and dominates in traffic like this on a regular basis?

https://youtu.be/Mmk0HUlgQBE

That’s a second year guy winning his team a title in straight up dominant isolations and lockouts when doubled scoring from 20 feet and in at will. Coaches wouldn’t even want you to work on those things long enough to become a guy like that now. They would think you’re just in the way.

999Guy
08-12-2020, 02:02 PM
Jokic to me is the most naturally talented big since Duncan easily.

Maybe since Hakeem.

AirFederer
08-12-2020, 02:15 PM
The anti Iverson. Everything he did was to make his team win. Not one calorie wasted.
Others made the highlight reels he just made winning plays

Top 5 GOAT

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Jokic to me is the most naturally talented big since Duncan easily.

Maybe since Hakeem.

Jokics talented but I have to point this out. Do you not consider shaq as naturally talented as Hakeem or Duncan??

999Guy
08-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Jokics talented but I have to point this out. Do you not consider shaq as naturally talented as Hakeem or Duncan??

Not even close. Blunt object. I’ll give him credit for the footwork he attained. But his amazing body did most of his work.

Hakeem barely started playing basketball before he became a man and still arguably topped Shaq.

Duncan got in late.

Jokic is one with the ball.

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 03:15 PM
Not even close. Blunt object. I’ll give him credit for the footwork he attained. But his amazing body did most of his work.

Hakeem barely started playing basketball before he became a man and still arguably topped Shaq.

Duncan got in late.

Jokic is one with the ball.

Ah I see what you mean by talent. Not athleticism but picking up skills quickly. Siakam and Mitchell would be the guys now

red1
08-12-2020, 05:36 PM
Similar:

careful

conscientious

diligent

scrupulous

punctilious

painstaking

Tim Duncan

demanding

exacting

accurate

correct

thorough

studious

rigorous

detailed

perfectionist

fastidious

methodical
:oldlol:

ralph_i_el
08-12-2020, 06:53 PM
People underestimate the impact of demanding a double team on the block. Easily drawing a double means you have the defense scrambling on demand. You can build a 3 point shooting offense around a dominant post player. I believe it.

Kblaze8855
08-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Of course you can. The nba record for single season threes before the recent madness was held by the Dwight Howard Magic. And their offense was mostly built around Dwight Who was obviously no Duncan.

Whoah10115
08-12-2020, 09:41 PM
What I really dug about prime Duncan was that he wouldn't just take what the defense gave him. As has been, a lot of guys today lack variety. And some guys play a Rt. 1 type of game.

Duncan just played the game. As it should be.

insidious301
08-12-2020, 09:42 PM
T.D was amazing, and the 2003 run is one of the best ever. I also believe his longevity is greatly underappreciated.

Whoah10115
08-12-2020, 09:49 PM
T.D was amazing, and the 2003 run is one of the best ever. I also believe his longevity is greatly underappreciated.

His longevity is never not mentioned. People even argue he was Spurs' best player in 2014.

I think people forget what his peak really like.

insidious301
08-12-2020, 10:21 PM
His longevity is never not mentioned. People even argue he was Spurs' best player in 2014.

I think people forget what his peak really like.

Not the people I have talked with. There are others on ISH who think Kawhi was best in 2014. And don't get me wrong, Duncan is praised for playing long, but many believe Manu-Kawhi-Parker took over that team. I thought Duncan still steered the ship while Manu was the best player as late as 2014.

Whoah10115
08-13-2020, 02:29 PM
Not the people I have talked with. There are others on ISH who think Kawhi was best in 2014. And don't get me wrong, Duncan is praised for playing long, but many believe Manu-Kawhi-Parker took over that team. I thought Duncan still steered the ship while Manu was the best player as late as 2014.

Well, Duncan was always the leader post Robinson. I always thought Manu was the rightful FMVP in 2005, and Parker was the easily correct choice in 07. I also think Duncan remained their best player until 2007. From then on it was Manu with some Parker, until Parker hit that late career peak during the lockout season.