PDA

View Full Version : NBA ratings

colts19
08-11-2020, 03:54 PM
NBA rating have been dropping all year and continue to decline. What do you think are the reasons and do you think the ratings will go up next year?

Kblaze8855
08-11-2020, 04:00 PM
I’d love to know the impact of streaming. I’ve not watched many games they could track in years. And I actually had a Neilson box offer a while back I never finished.

Roundball_Rock
08-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Ratings should have went up with so many people staying at home because of Covid but let's see what happens when the playoffs start. What they are doing right now is basically a glorified preseason to tune up for the playoffs. Yes, seeding is at stake but it doesn't matter much when there is no HCA.

Shogon
08-11-2020, 05:29 PM
^^ Streaming... yep
^ Glorified Preseason... yep
No crowd. (imo the biggest reason)
BLM plastered everywhere.

Probably the main four contributing factors.

As RR mentioned, ratings should actually be up... because of pent up demand. Interesting times.

FourthTenor
08-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Do younger generations watch as much sports? I know theyre much heavier into online gaming than ever before. Im not sure the level of interest in traditional sports is there with 16-24 year olds anymore. It doesnt feel like today’s adolescence care as much about “cheering for the sports team” as previous gens did.

Could be wrong.

BLM is without a doubt one of the factors, but also without a doubt not the only factor.

Probably a confluence of things.

fourkicks44
08-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Watch them ratings skyrocket during the playoffs.

Watch this space.

JohnnySic
08-11-2020, 05:59 PM
https://world.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/getwooke.jpg