PDA

View Full Version : Being the 1 seed is useless this year in the West - Blazers-Rockets-Clippers-Bucks

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 03:48 PM
That's not just the hardest road for a #1 seed of all time, it might be the hardest road for any seed of all time.

The fact it happens for a #1 seed is absurd.

To add hilarity to it, they dont even have HC.

They legit have no advantage from being #1.

fourkicks44
08-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Virtually all seeding is useless in the bubble

No homecourt makes it so it really means nothing.

Tobio-Star
08-12-2020, 03:56 PM
So this ring will count as 2 for LeBron, Im fine with it

jlip
08-12-2020, 05:46 PM
Virtually all seeding is useless in the bubble

No homecourt makes it so it really means nothing.

I was thinking this also. I'm wondering if there is a way to manufacture some sort of quasi- homecourt advantage. They are already placing the logos of the designated "home teams" on the courts which ultimately is meaningless. What if they could tilt the virtual fan ratio 2:1 in favor on the designated home team each game? But even if they did that it would not compensate for things such as sleeping in your own bed at home vs in a hotel on the road, eating at your favorite restaurant, and other things that distinguish the home vs away experiences from each other.

tpols
08-12-2020, 05:52 PM
We told you how it was in the west for many years and you never listened. Take your medicine Arby.

StrongLurk
08-12-2020, 06:31 PM
OP, this is obviously an asterisk year, probably the biggest asterisk year in the modern era. The entire season was erased and we basically have semi-preseason teams immediately going into the playoffs. No crowd, seedings don't matter, no one played in almost 5 months, covid still has potential, etc.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:34 PM
We told you how it was in the west for many years and you never listened. Take your medicine Arby.

Stop trying to take credit for Kobe beating Melo/Birdman after going through Boozer, the 01 West was absolute dogshit.

You‘re only trolling yourself.

Look at the 17, 18 West a complete joke relatively speaking.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:35 PM
OP, this is obviously an asterisk year, probably the biggest asterisk year in the modern era. The entire season was erased and we basically have semi-preseason teams immediately going into the playoffs. No crowd, seedings don't matter, no one played in almost 5 months, covid still has potential, etc.

I‘m starting to come around to the idea. The no HC just kills it.

Lakers legit would have an easier road being the 4-5 seed hahaa

tpols
08-12-2020, 06:46 PM

If anything that makes it all matter more. The odds and stage are perfectly even. And I've never seen more competitiveness... this year is worth 2 rings.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-12-2020, 07:41 PM
D'antoni team is too hard for you? Hahahah his teams have been a joke in the playoffs for 15 years.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:53 PM
D'antoni team is too hard for you? Hahahah his teams have been a joke in the playoffs for 15 years.

So why have you been praying for weeks that LAC avoid them?

You been posting non stop that the Clippers wont play them in R2 Lol

HBK_Kliq_2
08-12-2020, 08:00 PM
So why have you been praying for weeks that LAC avoid them?

You been posting non stop that the Clippers wont play them in R2 Lol

If I had to pick between facing them or Nuggets/Thunder/Jazz? Yeah I wouldn't want to play them. Also Kawhi has already eliminated Harden before. I like Harden too and don't want him to get eliminated by my clippers.

Westbrook also has a quad injury right now and they don't know how serious it is yet.