PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely disgusting what D‘Antoni installed into his team

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:18 PM
**** the Rockets

13/50 from three because they‘re all uncaring at their core. Antoni did not treat this game as necessary.

In sports you try to win as much as possible and build momentum, but this tanking/resting culture is bitchmade. You don‘t cowardly tamper with seeding and make yourself worse than you really are.

Weak ass mentality clowns.

Smoke117
08-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Meltdown

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:25 PM
How many threads are you going to cry in?

Oh and Harden played 35 mins and went crazy. Stop whining.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Rockets three point shooting and defensive rebounding has been PATHETIC

This product and league is a joke right now

This pampering

What happened to competition?

**** this team. Hope they lose to Utah/OKC.

Shit mentality clowns

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 06:28 PM
i wish the playoffs would come not because the games are boring but so you stop complaining about the lakers playoff matchups :lol

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Lost against Spurs and Pacers not taking anything seriously

**** them. Absolute losers

Gifting games with a 3rd seed in reach

Clippers have the 2nd seed locked and playing their first unit

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:30 PM
OP is literally having a manic episode...over playoff matchups. Not over results, but match-ups.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Ironic that you're saying someone else has a "weak ass mentality".

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:31 PM
i wish the playoffs would come not because the games are boring but so you stop complaining about the lakers playoff matchups :lol

These games are unwatchable and you don‘t complain?

Is the NBA the half assed product you enjoy watching?

They are killing the sport.

**** them.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:32 PM
OP is literally having a manic episode...over playoff matchups. Not over results, but match-ups.

Ironic that you're saying someone else has a "weak ass mentality".

I need to get it off my chest.

This kind of bullshit could start a VERY bad trend.

We shouldn’t be tolerant towards these clowns

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:33 PM
I need to get it off my chest.

This kind of bullshit could start a VERY bad trend.

We shouldn’t be tolerant towards these clowns

No, you're having a meltdown over nothing and it's pretty pathetic.

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 06:33 PM
These games are unwatchable and you don‘t complain?

Is the NBA the half assed product you enjoy watching?

They are killing the sport.

**** them.

i'm not going fret over some boring end of season games man. happens to a lesser extent every year. Hou will seem like an elite team when they go for 20/50 from 3 another game

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Oh and Harden played 35 mins and went crazy.

Should have gone for the 50 point triple double.

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 06:37 PM
16/57 from three. I agree with OP's sentiment around the three point chucking and evaporation of mid-range and post play. I don't want to see five dudes standing around the three point line all game while one or two guys decides whether to shoot, drive or pass out to them.

It would be one thing if the Rockets were unique, but they're just the most extreme version of what almost every team does now. At least Westbrook and Harden are entertaining and great players. But the game needs some rebalancing. I'm fine when guys like Curry and Dame and Harden are chucking. But not when it's all ten players on the floor.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:37 PM
i'm not going fret over some boring end of season games man. happens to a lesser extent every year. Hou will seem like an elite team when they go for 20/50 from 3 another game

Half the bubble has been a non effort to tamper with seeding and you think this sets a good precedent for sports?

I hope these clowns lose as soon as possible.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Half the bubble has been a non effort to tamper with seeding and you think this sets a good precedent for sports?

You wouldn't give a damn about "tampering" if it wasn't affecting LeBron's chances. :lol

And you know why teams are gunning for the Lakers? Because they look weak. Who's fault is that?

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 06:40 PM

You know what precedent means right? This type of situation will likely never happen again. Home court will go back to being a factor and teams will always fight for home court.

Smoke117
08-12-2020, 06:41 PM
16/57 from three. I agree with OP's sentiment around the three point chucking and evaporation of mid-range and post play. I don't want to see five dudes standing around the three point line all game while one or two guys decides whether to shoot, drive or pass out to them.

It would be one thing if the Rockets were unique, but they're just the most extreme version of what almost every team does now. At least Westbrook and Harden are entertaining.

When things get serious in crunch time you need guys who can get shots in that mid range area. All that 3pt chucking and drive and dish doesn't work. There's a reason why Paul was the deadliest player in the clutch this season..he can get his money mid range shot off pretty much any time he wants. He did just that vs the Warriors 2 seasons to put them up 3-2 while Harden was doing his very best to shoot them out of the series with idiotic step back 3pters. Now they got Westbrick? Yeah, I don't sweat the Rockets one bit.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:41 PM
You wouldn't give a damn about "tampering" if it wasn't affecting LeBron's chances. :lol

And you know why teams are gunning for the Lakers? Because they look weak. Who's fault is that?

Weak? They will buttfukk your team.

But your team will play the role of useless boner kill which will tire LAL out in the long run.

Just vermon. Filth of a team rejecting the 2-3 challenge.

Useless roadblock doing nothing but tire them out, prefering the old guard challenge rather than facing the team they would have to face anyway.

Thats what makes it so detesting.

They‘d need to go through both anyway but tampered with seeding instead.

Creating fake standings, and it will cost the Lakers.

Losers

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:42 PM
When things get serious in crunch time you need guys who can get shots in that mid range area. All that 3pt chucking and drive and dish doesn't work. There's a reason why Paul was the deadliest player in the clutch this season..he can get his money mid range shot off pretty much any time he wants. He did just that vs the Warriors 2 seasons to put them up 3-2 while Harden was doing his very best to shoot them out of the series with idiotic step back 3pters. Now they got Westbrook? Yeah, I don't sweat the Rockets one bit.

Ban bet Rockets v. OKC?

I mean your not sweating the Rockets at all.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Weak? They will buttfukk your team.

But your team will play the role of useless boner kill which will tire LAL out in the long run.

Just vermon. Filth of a team rejecting the 2-3 challenge.

Useless roadblock doing nothing but tire them out, prefering the old guard challenge rather than facing the team they would have to face anyway.

Thats what makes it so detesting.

They‘d need to go through both anyway but tampered with seeding instead.

Creating fake standings, and it will cost the Lakers.

Losers

I can smell your fear in every word. You wanna talk about weak mentalities? You have the weakest.

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 06:43 PM
When things get serious in crunch time you need guys who can get shots in that mid range area. All that 3pt chucking and drive and dish doesn't work. There's a reason why Paul was the deadliest player in the clutch this season..he can get his money mid range shot off pretty much any time he wants. He did just that vs the Warriors 2 seasons to put them up 3-2 while Harden was doing his very best to shoot them out of the series with idiotic step back 3pters. Now they got Westbrook? Yeah, I don't sweat the Rockets one bit.

True, that's why you want a Durant or a Kwahi on your team. Lebron and AD will take midrange when available. Thing is Harden could be an effective midrange shooter, but Houston does not want that. Only Westbrook deviates because he's Westbrook.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:44 PM
Be glorious if OKC beats these filthy losers

Russ‘ 4 TO‘s in a quarter last game were horrific enough.. no discipline, no focus.

tpols
this mfer is on a wild wild west meltdown everyday. :roll:

Never had this stress in the east huh buddy?

ArbitraryWater

I can smell your fear in every word. You wanna talk about weak mentalities? You have the weakest.

Fear?

Lets ban bet.

Houston is worthless filth just there to tire LAL out.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:45 PM
this mfer is on a wild wild west meltdown everyday. :roll:

Never had this stress in the east huh buddy?

Who wouldn‘t be upset when a #1 seed has to go through 4 Conference finals level and higher teams because teams and league conspired for it to happen?

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 06:45 PM

You're worried that Portland and Houston will make the Lakers fatigued against the Clippers?

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Fear?

Lets ban bet.

Why would I ban bet a match-up that hasn't occurred yet? :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 06:47 PM

It would be one thing if the Rockets were unique, but they're just the most extreme version of what almost every team does now. At least Westbrook and Harden are entertaining and great players. But the game needs some rebalancing. I'm fine when guys like Curry and Dame and Harden are chucking. But not when it's all ten players on the floor.

You’ll need some crazy rule change because the long 2 is never coming back the math doesn’t add up for anyone. Add on likely some rules favoring offensive players in the post but no one wants to bring back illegal defense rules.

Practically every young player will focus a lot on improving their shooting when they come into the league and tbf it’s more time efficient than mastering something else like post play.

It takes less time to shoot like klay than learn how to score in the post like al Jefferson. It’s also more +ev. A 5% increase in 3 pt shooting helps more than making 5% increase on hook shots.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:48 PM
Why would I ban bet a match-up that hasn't occurred yet? :oldlol:

Bahaha, cause why not?

🤡

Talking bout fear

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:49 PM
Bahaha, cause why not?

��

Talking bout fear

Uh, because there's a round of basketball to play first. I mean you're so scared of Portland, I wouldn't count your chickens yet.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:50 PM
You're worried that Portland and Houston will make the Lakers fatigued against the Clippers?

Duh yes?

The Lakers rely on a year 17 player and have no depth..

Houston stupidly and needlessly pampering with seeding and teams tanking games to Portland will inadvertently **** the Lakers over after going 6 games the first 2 rounds with LeBron playing near 40 mpg in year 17.

Just because of filth like Houston changing the landscape

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Uh, because there's a round of basketball to play first. I mean you're so scared of Portland, I wouldn't count your chickens yet.

Well don‘t run from it once it happens mhmkay?

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Be glorious if OKC beats these filthy losers

Be careful what you wish for. Okcs bench is shit but their cp3/Dennis/shai/gallo/Adams lineup is one of the best in the league and the actual reason okc is so clutch. In the playoffs they will be playing together a lot more than they did during the Rs.

Kuzmas going get cooked trying to stay in front of one of those guards. Cp3 is one of the few guys as smart as bron too and reliable as hell as a go to guy when he needs to score.

LoneyROY7
Someone get a bucket for this dude's tears.

He's leaking all over the floor.

coastalmarker99
Bahaha, cause why not?

��

Talking bout fear

Dude i am not worried about the rockets as a Laker fan Okc will knock them out in 6 and the damage to Harden and Westbrook's legacies will be enormous as a result.

Adams is going to dominate in that series

Cp will outplay Russell

And Harden will choke as usual under the pressure

SGA will also tear up the rockets defence

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Dude i am not worried about the rockets Okc will knock them out in 6 and the damage to Harden and Westbrook's legacies will be enormous as a result.

Cp will outplay Russell

Harden will probably make the difference though.

If not, have it D‘Antoni you flash ****

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Okcs bench is shit but their cp3/Dennis/shai/gallo/Adams lineup is one of the best in the league and the actual reason okc is so clutch. In the playoffs they will be playing together a lot more than they did during the Rs.

Kuzmas going get cooked trying to stay in front of one of those guards. Cp3 is one of the few guys as smart as bron too and reliable as hell as a go to guy when he needs to score.

Lakers would take 5 gms at most for OKC tbf

Silver had a perfect playoff seeding before the bubble but wanted to fukk with it

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Dude i am not worried about the rockets as a Laker fan Okc will knock them out in 6 and the damage to Harden and Westbrook's legacies will be enormous as a result.

Cp will outplay Russell

Harden will choke as usual under the pressure

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The actual result will make you sad, unfortunately.

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 06:54 PM
You’ll need some crazy rule change because the long 2 is never coming back the math doesn’t add up for anyone. Add on likely some rules favoring offensive players in the post but no one wants to bring back illegal defense rules.

Practically every young player will focus a lot on improving their shooting when they come into the league and tbf it’s more time efficient than mastering something else like post play.

It takes less time to shoot like klay than learn how to score in the post like al Jefferson. It’s also more +ev. A 5% increase in 3 pt shooting helps more than making 5% increase on hook shots.

You're right, and Houston is pursuing the most efficient strategy, particularly for their team makeup. I can't imagine what it will look like in ten years. The league needs to move the line back and eliminate the corner three at some point, while allowing hand checking. Just enough to make the midrange a bit more attractive. But the league won't because fans love offense. Might as well just add four point circles so Lillard and Curry can have more reasons to fire away from way deep.

coastalmarker99
08-12-2020, 06:55 PM
Harden will probably make the difference though.

If not, have it D‘Antoni you flash ****

dude, it will be so funny if the Rockets get knocked out by Okc

Harden would get slandered by the media through Westbrook would get it alot more

Cp3 would take revenge on the Rockets lol as well.

tpols
08-12-2020, 07:02 PM
Who wouldn‘t be upset when a #1 seed has to go through 4 Conference finals level and higher teams because teams and league conspired for it to happen?

That's the gauntlet son.

Durant before he team hopped had to go through the champ spurs, 73 win dubs, and big 3 cleveland to have a chance at winning. That's how it is in the West. :confusedshrug: You have to go through a gauntlet to win.

Imagine if the best team LA faced with Bron & AD was Derozan and Lowry raptors.

:roll:

They'd have an easy coin flip at the ring instead of no chance.

Man up.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:05 PM
That's the gauntlet son.

Durant before he team hopped had to go through the champ spurs, 73 win dubs, and big 3 cleveland to have a chance at winning. That's how it is in the West. :confusedshrug: You have to go through a gauntlet to win.

Imagine if the best team LA faced with Bron & AD was Derozan and Lowry raptors.

:roll:

They'd have an easy coin flip at the ring instead of no chance.

Man up.

That was the 16 West. A rare occurence, then he turned a 3 team conference into a 1 team conference..

16 West is the only conference coming close in terms of top 3.

But OKC was the 3rd seed.

And the conference was little of note after the top 5.

Lakerd are #1 and have a tougher road.

Stop acting like the conference is accustomed to this stackedness.

This is the strongest conference/season in NBA history.

95% other years LeBron would win a ring.

Now he will lose tired in the WCF.

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 07:08 PM
You're right, and Houston is pursuing the most efficient strategy, particularly for their team makeup. I can't imagine what it will look like in ten years. The league needs to move the line back and eliminate the corner three at some point, while allowing hand checking. Just enough to make the midrange a bit more attractive. But the league won't because fans love offense. Might as well just add four point circles so Lillard and Curry can have more reasons to fire away from way deep.

Moving the line back will just reward teams who focus on shooting more. One overlooked thing is teams are still willing to settle for “suboptimal” shots that aren’t layups or 3s.
Some will settle for midrange jumpers, floaters or post ups.

However other teams have decided they rather just bomb it from 3-5 ft behind the line as their bad shot. It opens up the floor even more and shooting 30% might be good enough. Dame and curry are stars who do it but you see it with guys like Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon last year too . One reason hou and mil lead the league in 3s last year.

Marchesk
08-12-2020, 07:12 PM
However other teams have decided they rather just bomb it from 3-5 ft behind the line as their bad shot. It opens up the floor even more and shooting 30% might be good enough. Dame and curry are stars who do it but you see it with guys like Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon last year too . One reason hou and mil lead the league in 3s last year.

See, I'm fine with Curry and Dame, because they're great players with absurd range. But I don't need to seek Brook Lopez shoot 30% five feet behind the line. I don't like seeing dudes pulling up on a fast break from three unless they're wide open. I don't like seeing some average player chuck a contested three early in the shot clock. Or watch another last possession out of bounds play down 1 or tied and the team goes for a heavily contested three.

*** all that noise.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Now he will lose tired in the WCF.

OP has already given up.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Just pathetic.

bobopenguin
08-12-2020, 07:16 PM
like i've always said, rockets fans only cares how much harden scores, how many 3 he chucked. thye dont care about W and ring.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:17 PM
OP has already given up.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Just pathetic.

You haven‘t but you‘re gonna lose anyway lol

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:17 PM
like i've always said, rockets fans only cares how much harden scores, how many 3 he chucked. thye dont care about W and ring.

PHUCK D‘ANTONI BITCHMADE MENTALITY

w

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 07:18 PM
See, I'm fine with Curry and Dame, because they're great players. But I don't need to seek Brook Lopez shoot 30% five feet behind the line. I don't like seeing dudes pulling up on a fast break from three unless they're wide open. I don't like seeing some average player chuck a contested three early in the shot clock.

Yea early in shot clock is tough to like. Brook and Gordon were 35% previous years tbf, not noteworthy but definitely great bailout offense. 30% is ugly but may still be good enough for those teams since you don’t expect your bailout offense to be efficient. Simplification but you love your star if he can make 45% from 10-18 ft.

I have a better time with it than you since one of my first pet peeves watching was jumpers 2ft in front of the 3pt line and I never liked guys pulling up from the free throw line in transition either. As annoying as transition 3s can be, the latter is worse.

imdaman99
08-12-2020, 07:20 PM
What the hell is up with all your threads lately dude? :biggums:

Does the 3rd seed having homecourt advantage over the 4th seed matter? :lol

tpols
08-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Stop acting like the conference is accustomed to this stackedness.

:biggums:

That's literally how it's been for the past two decades. A landslide statistically in favor of the West.

And we told your ignant ass years ago that it's draining to have to beat 2, 3 or 4 contenders in a row as compared to just one.

Your meltdowns here are indicative of past ignorance and deafness. You're now experiencing reality.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 07:24 PM
You haven‘t but you‘re gonna lose anyway lol

I haven't because I'm not a p*ssy like you. :lol

Giving up before the games have been played and whining over countless threads about matchups.

tpols
08-12-2020, 07:27 PM
The 2016 warriors had to go through the same Harden led Rockets. The same Dame led Blazers. Super stacked Durant led Thunder. and then similarly stacked Lebron led Cavs.

Imagine if they could've just saved their load for one heavy hitter matchup.

Arby feeling the fear of the gauntlet right now. :lol

MrFonzworth
08-12-2020, 07:29 PM
The 2016 warriors had to go through the same Harden led Rockets. The same Dame led Blazers. Super stacked Durant led Thunder. and then similarly stacked Lebron led Cavs.

This. Welcome to the west.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Normally I‘d question a poster‘s sanity at this point, acting as if those teams are anything remotely close to their current counterparts...

But you also said the Clippers and Lakers are equal beyond the top 2, lol.

West never had 3 contenders at 8-4-2 ever before

Keep living in tpols county.

West stacked 1-12 every season bro

Wild wild west

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:32 PM
What the hell is up with all your threads lately dude? :biggums:

Does the 3rd seed having homecourt advantage over the 4th seed matter? :lol

Errr what?

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 07:33 PM
Meh nurk wasn’t on those blazers teams and hou was a mess with no Westbrook. There are great examples but not this one and only reason gs didn’t sweep either team was Curry was out. Conference was great but clips got injured so warriors missed out facing a strong team in 2nd rd.

Yea it doesn’t look great when klay/dray could beat those teams kimd of comfortably and Curry’s impact was huge too. Now something like last years warriors or 2015, those were tough paths

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Meh nurk wasn’t on those blazers teams and hou was a mess with no Westbrook. There are great examples but not this one and only reason gs didn’t sweep either team was Curry was out. Conference was great but clips got injured so warriors missed out facing a strong team in 2nd rd.

Yea it doesn’t look great when klay/dray could beat those teams kimd of comfortably and Curry’s impact was huge too. Now something like last years warriors or 2015, those were tough paths

Basically.

Not just was Nurk not there, Lillard wasn‘t half the player he is now. Well half, maybe.

I remember in 15 and 16 AND 17 Cavs actually went trough better records than GDW did.

West was a joke after LAC was depleted all the time.

Nothing wild. Just softness.

dreamshake
08-12-2020, 07:38 PM
OP is the biggest pussyy on ISH. Been crying all week about Blazers and the Rockets. This is like the 20th thread of his meltdown. LeBron stans don't like competition. They always want the easiest path. It's been that way their whole life. Quit pretending like you want to earn it. Nothing's given in the wild wild west.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2020, 07:40 PM
OP is the biggest pussyy on ISH. Been crying all week about Blazers and the Rockets. This is like the 20th thread of his meltdown. LeBron stans don't like competition. They always want the easiest path. It's been that way their whole life. Quit pretending like you want to earn it. Nothing's given in the wild wild west.

You‘ve been praying they draw Portland and Houston dummie, its not about comp for you but LeBron.

Now get back on your old account

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-12-2020, 07:59 PM
OP getting flashbacks of that Turk or what? ;)

The Lakers are still going to win, but as mentioned, The West has predominately been the tougher conference. And a gauntlet different playoff runs. The "more energy expended" stuff was argued for YEARS by Kobe and Curry fans.

AlternativeAcc.
08-12-2020, 08:00 PM
ArbWater catching bodies out here :applause:

Looks like LeBron is gonna have to go through yet another historically unfavorable blood bath in route to an impossible ring... this time at age 35 with the burden of Kobe's death, and COVID19 on his shoulders...

Would be GOAT sports accomplishment if he wins a ring, topping his own feat in 2016

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7aD81HMTbjH1fvRS/giphy.gif

NBAGOAT
08-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Russ might be out part of the playoffs. Now I’m rooting for okc to get hou. Rooting for nuggets to somehow steal the 2 because Dallas is more of a threat than Utah. They can be competitive vs den while with lac-dal and den-Utah, neither might not be too close

ArbitraryWater
08-13-2020, 04:56 AM
OP getting flashbacks of that Turk or what? ;)

The Lakers are still going to win, but as mentioned, The West has predominately been the tougher conference. And a gauntlet different playoff runs. The "more energy expended" stuff was argued for YEARS by Kobe and Curry fans.

It may have been argued but that was a myth that never applied.

LeBron Cavs as mentioned went through better record teams than Curry did, and the LeBron Heat expanded more energy / lost more games than their West counterpart in 2012 and 2013.

So thats bullshit.

And yet they won the finals.

There was NO discreperancy in talent there.

knicksman
08-13-2020, 05:43 AM
it goes both ways. Players know that kawhi is legit. He has that jordan/kobe skill. They fear him whereas you only fear lebron coz of the refs thats why they would rather face the lakers than clippers.

ImKobe
08-13-2020, 05:49 AM

LeBron Cavs as mentioned went through better record teams than Curry did, and the LeBron Heat expanded more energy / lost more games than their West counterpart in 2012 and 2013.

So thats bullshit.

There was NO discreperancy in talent there.

Record doesn't = how good a team truly is in a lot of cases, 2016 Thunder were a lot better than the 2016 Raptors. Not only did Curry injure his knee and miss 4 weeks, he also had to go all out to bring his team back from down 1 - 3 in the WCF while Lebron's Cavs only played one 50-win team in the Conference (DeRozan raptors lol) and had an easy 12 - 2 run through the East.

2013 was truly a tough year for Lebron when he didn't face a single 50-win team, that must have sucked. A lot of energy to beat sub .500 teams in the first round and teams with mediocre offenses with no superstars going up against him. Wow, he had a tough time against "Playoff P" :kobe: . Please.

2013 opponents

38-44 Bucks (22nd ORTG)
45-37 Bulls (23rd ORTG), no Deng
49-32 Pacers (20th ORTG) led by a 23 y.o Playoff P

Now we're finally going to see what Lebron's really made of. Every round's a challenge. He had 5 months of rest too.

ArbitraryWater
08-13-2020, 07:03 AM
Record doesn't = how good a team truly is in a lot of cases, 2016 Thunder were a lot better than the 2016 Raptors. Not only did Curry injure his knee and miss 4 weeks, he also had to go all out to bring his team back from down 1 - 3 in the WCF while Lebron's Cavs only played one 50-win team in the Conference (DeRozan raptors lol) and had an easy 12 - 2 run through the East.

2013 was truly a tough year for Lebron when he didn't face a single 50-win team, that must have sucked. A lot of energy to beat sub .500 teams in the first round and teams with mediocre offenses with no superstars going up against him. Wow, he had a tough time against "Playoff P" :kobe: . Please.

2013 opponents

38-44 Bucks (22nd ORTG)
45-37 Bulls (23rd ORTG), no Deng
49-32 Pacers (20th ORTG) led by a 23 y.o Playoff P

Now we're finally going to see what Lebron's really made of. Every round's a challenge. He had 5 months of rest too.

Pacers were a 50-win team but played a game less due to Boston bombing.

Their road wasn't as strong but, none the less they exerted more energy and played longer series' than the Spurs.

Its obvious that freaky Kobe fans wouldnt acknowledge the unprecedentedness of this run in terms of its competition and how loaded it is, but act like its the usual West custom everyone fought through..

Ha-haa!

Dat IQ

ImKobe
08-13-2020, 07:23 AM
Pacers were a 50-win team but played a game less due to Boston bombing.

Their road wasn't as strong but, none the less they exerted more energy and played longer series' than the Spurs.

Its obvious that freaky Kobe fans wouldnt acknowledge the unprecedentedness of this run in terms of its competition and how loaded it is, but act like its the usual West custom everyone fought through..

Ha-haa!

Dat IQ

They weren't a 50-win team, that game's not a guaranteed win. Even if it was, it's still rather weak competition, considering none of the teams had even an average offense or a superstar-level player, 2013 George was all-star and showed some flashes, but obviously he wasn't close to his prime self as a scorer yet. All 3 rounds were against bottom-tier offenses.

How is this unreal competition? Lakers are likely going to face a sub .500 Portland team that has a below average defense and Melo as it's 3rd option, 2nd round is either OKC or Houston, and neither team is really that great, especially if Westbrook's quad injury doesn't heal and he's limited. Clippers are a legitimate contender so that's one great team they are likely to face. That's not the toughest road to the Finals ever like some trolls here are claiming.

It's a typical road to the Finals for a WC team, 2015 Warriors are like the only exception when it comes to facing mediocre teams en route to the Finals for a WC team this past decade, and even then they played against teams that had superstars.

The only thing that's unprecedented this season is the fact that guys had a full off-season's worth of rest prior to the Playoffs, usually teams would grind out 82 games and go straight to the Playoffs. There are less distractions with no fans and no traveling as well.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-13-2020, 09:07 AM

So thats bullshit.

There was NO discreperancy in talent there

You couldn’t have picked a worse year than 2013. Miami faced 3 teams who won a combined average of 44 games. Including Milwaukee who went 38-44. Their “West counterpart” beat a Grizzly team that won 7 more games than Indiana, Miami’s best opponent.

Might want to look up what a “myth” is. The word does not support your argument.

ArbitraryWater
08-17-2020, 08:11 AM
You couldn’t have picked a worse year than 2013. Miami faced 3 teams who won a combined average of 44 games. Including Milwaukee who went 38-44. Their “West counterpart” beat a Grizzly team that won 7 more games than Indiana, Miami’s best opponent.

Might want to look up what a “myth” is. The word does not support your argument.

Your awareness is lacking again...

You mentioned energy spent before the finals, I refered to you to 2012-13, to which you said I couldn't have found a worse year.

Do you even know the initial point you made?

It was about energy spent before the finals.

The Heat spent more energy than their Western counterpart going into the finals, those years.

E_Stamkos
08-17-2020, 09:13 AM
It's taken this kid over a decade to recognize that a pre-finals series can actually be somewhat competitive.

lololol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Your awareness is lacking again...

You mentioned energy spent before the finals, I refered to you to 2012-13, to which you said I couldn't have found a worse year.

Do you even know the initial point you made?

It was about energy spent before the finals.

The Heat spent more energy than their Western counterpart going into the finals, those years.

You laughed about a players injury and are talking about awareness lacking.

Good one, clown.

Of course I know what the initial point is. Which is why I debunked your moronic claim and brought up Miami's playoff route.

RRR3
08-17-2020, 09:30 AM
As a LeBron, I’m just gonna say Arby is a coward and doesn't speak for us.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-17-2020, 09:45 AM
As a LeBron, I’m just gonna say Arby is a coward and doesn't speak for us.

Probably bumped this thread to check if I'd still talk with him :oldlol: Not gonna entertain that clown.

RRR3
08-17-2020, 09:48 AM
I meant “as a LeBron fan” btw obviously lmao.

Derka
08-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Mike D'Antoni holds a special place in my heart.

2011 Playoffs, he was still coaching the Knicks and they're playing the Celtics in the 1st round. The game's on one of the national networks and he's doing a 30-second "start of the 3rd quarter" interview with the sideline reporter. The Knicks were down a bunch and he gets a question about what defensive strategies NY might try to close the gap.

His reply, hand to God, was "Well...we're just gonna have to hope they miss some shots."

Haven't taken a D'Antoni team seriously since then. Don't plan to. Haven't been wrong to do so yet. Dude's a well-paid joke.