PDA

View Full Version : If Embiid is Healthy---- I think the Sixers are going to upset Boston.

BigKAT
08-13-2020, 03:40 AM
I love Tatum and Brown as much as the next guy.
I think Smart is a top 5 defender in the guard position.

But...

I can't help but feel that the Celtics got the worst possible match-up.
Yes, no Simmons is a problem, but hear me out.

1. Al Horford knows the C's inside out. We saw with Rondo in 2017 that this can be a problem. (The bulls went up 2-0 on the 1st seeded celtics until Rondo got hurt.)
2. Embiid if healthy is just going to feast on Kanter and Theis.
3. Kemba Walker is not 100%
4. The pressure is on Boston.

If Embiid is himself (Playing 30+ minutes and not missing any games) I think the Sixers can win in 6.

Axe
08-13-2020, 03:53 AM
This is going to be another great series of a classic divisional rivalry. Too bad embiid is not 100% tho so the outcome this time is going to be more obvious unless philly produces a stunning upset. Also, don't forget that boston is on a four-game victory rn while their rivals remain rocky.

RoseCity07
08-13-2020, 03:54 AM
76ers are still pretty solid without Simmons but Boston is playing good team ball. I doubt it.

Smoke117
08-13-2020, 03:55 AM
You realize they have Hayward and Kemba, too, right? Celtics are going to rape the Sixers, baby boy.

BigKAT
08-13-2020, 04:04 AM
You realize they have Hayward and Kemba, too, right? Celtics are going to rape the Sixers, baby boy.

Celtics are the better team. No doubt.

But I think the match-up is bad.
Really bad.

If the C's lose Games 1 and 2 it could get ugly fast.

Stephonit
08-13-2020, 04:08 AM
They played in the playoffs previously and the Celtics won so there's evidence on their side that they can win. Of course Horford has switched teams now and it's unclear who is going to stop Embiid on the inside so who knows?

Axe
08-13-2020, 05:05 AM
Celtics are the better team. No doubt.

But I think the match-up is bad.
Really bad.

If the C's lose Games 1 and 2 it could get ugly fast.
Well, it would be more lopsided in favor of the Cs if only the hca would be here as usual but this time it is different for obvious reasons.

MrFonzworth
08-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Agreed 100% except for one thing: it wouldn't be an upset.

Mask the Embiid
08-13-2020, 05:51 AM
If i could pick any center in the eastern conference with a higher seed than us to go up against for big wiggle it would be theis.

Theis...Feast.....it rhymes....

Sixers in 4

BigKAT
08-13-2020, 06:02 AM
If i could pick any center in the eastern conference with a higher seed than us to go up against for big wiggle it would be theis.

Theis...Feast.....it rhymes....

Sixers in 4

And if you could pick a Back-up center I'm sure you would have chosen Kanter.

fourkicks44
08-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Good thread BigKAT :applause:

Joel is definitely gonna get HIS.

Real Men Wear Green
08-13-2020, 07:24 AM
What bad match up is Philly presenting other than Embiid? Because the Celtics are going to roll out 4 players capable of scoring 30.

BigKAT
08-13-2020, 08:08 AM
What bad match up is Philly presenting other than Embiid? Because the Celtics are going to roll out 4 players capable of scoring 30.

Yes,
That's true.

But Thybulle and Richardson will give Kemba fits, especially if he is not completly 100%. And if your point of attack is dulled, then suddenly your scoring punch loses its umph.

If Tatum can consistently collapse the d with the pick and roll or drives then the sixers are done. They don't have someone to guard him with Simmons out.

My bet is that Tatum is one year away from making them pay for it.

Wally450
08-13-2020, 10:37 AM
I respect the opinion, but Boston has Philly's number all day.

LAVAR BALL
08-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Even assuming Joel play 35 min and get is 30 per game, who else is scoring for Philly? their offense is average at best and that's when they have a good playmaker in Simmons. who will create for them? Shake?

J.Tatum was dunking on Lebron's head in East conf finals during his rookie year, not sure he really cares about pressure

Real Men Wear Green
08-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Yes,
That's true.

But Thybulle and Richardson will give Kemba fits, especially if he is not completly 100%. And if your point of attack is dulled, then suddenly your scoring punch loses its umph.

If Tatum can consistently collapse the d with the pick and roll or drives then the sixers are done. They don't have someone to guard him with Simmons out.

My bet is that Tatum is one year away from making them pay for it.

Tatum is a smart player and has started using the pass to beat defenses that attack him with multiple defenders. But it's a mistake ro think the celtics are all about Tatum. He was only 14th in shots per game and that's with Kemba Walker missing a lot of games. The Celtic offense is about having a lot of guys with the freedom to create. And Philly doesn't have the personnel to cover everyone. That was true before they lost Simmons. Without him their second best defensive wing is going to be tasked with covering a guy that averaged 20 (and should have made All-Star...but anyway). Gordon Hayward vs you'r teams 4th best defender. Walker may be limited to 30 minutes but for a lot of those minutes he will be defended by a rookie.

Embiid can be tough but I just don't see greatness on his team. Tobias Harris has ro be a better player than he's ever been and Shake Milton has to match an All-Star point guard. I'm not seeing this.

NBAGOAT
08-13-2020, 11:23 AM
I don’t see it but 3rd and 4th options just don’t traditionally score well in the playoffs. Your stars play more minutes in the playoffs so your other options have less minutes with bench guys. You default to more ISO’s and there’s little reason to ask your 4th best scorer run isolations. Stevens might be able to avoid that trend, he’s a good enough coach but idk.

AirBonner
08-13-2020, 11:37 AM
Ben Simmons is their best defender. Celtics in 5

Doranku
08-13-2020, 11:40 AM
Sixers are going to get steamrolled.

CelticBaller
08-13-2020, 11:57 AM
So am I supposed to believe that Embiid will outscore 4 20 ppg scorers with a bum ankle and already terrible conditioning?

Lol Celtics in 5

Stephonit
08-13-2020, 12:11 PM
So am I supposed to believe that Embiid will outscore 4 20 ppg scorers with a bum ankle and already terrible conditioning?

Lol Celtics in 5

It looks kind of grim for the Sixers right now, but I'll say this if Embiid somehow pulls out the win he's going to give Giannis an argument for who the best player in the East is. The Bucks beat the Celtics last year and if there is anyone in the East who can fill the role Giannis played in that series Embiid is it.

AirBonner
08-13-2020, 02:47 PM
It looks kind of grim for the Sixers right now, but I'll say this if Embiid somehow pulls out the win he's going to give Giannis an argument for who the best player in the East is. The Bucks beat the Celtics last year and if there is anyone in the East who can fill the role Giannis played in that series Embiid is it.

That was a Kyrie Celtics team. This team is hungry

fourkicks44
08-13-2020, 04:55 PM
This is gonna be an awesome series :cheers:

Axe
08-13-2020, 05:01 PM
The sixers are overrated tho. In the last 5 years, they haven't even gone to a single ecf appearance nor had the best record en route to the top seed in the east yet unlike the raptors, the bucks or the celtics. So idk why some people make it seem like they'll be the finalist this time, especially with a hampered embiid.

CelticBaller
08-13-2020, 05:53 PM

that a celtics team with Kyrie holding them back tho.

Lion's pride
08-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Boston in 3..