PDA

View Full Version : The 86 Bulls needed MJ to average 50ppg

AirBonner
08-13-2020, 08:29 PM
To win. Why couldn’t MJ do that?

3ball
08-13-2020, 08:35 PM
No because 2-star teams couldn't win in the 80's

MJ/Pippen wouldn't win either.. Maybe MJ and another star could win a couple if they were fully-developed and experienced playing together, but not 6.. they only won that many because the 90's was a 2-star fornat (better parity) and obviously, goat + anyone will dominate a 2-star format

It's funny because MJ just needed to wait until the 90's and he would've won with anybody - Pippen or John Starks.. IT WAS A TWO-STAR FORMAT

AirBonner
08-13-2020, 08:38 PM
No because 2-star teams couldn't win in the 80's

MJ/Pippen wouldn't win either.. Maybe MJ and another star could win a couple if they were fully-developed and experienced playing together, but not 6.. they only won that many because the 90's was a 2-star fornat (better parity) and obviously, goat + anyone will dominate a 2-star format

It's funny because MJ just needed to wait until the 90's and he would've won with anybody - Pippen or John Starks.. IT WAS A TWO-STAR FORMAT

But MJ just needed to score more

Roundball_Rock
08-13-2020, 08:44 PM
Just the other day 2ball was saying the Bulls would have won 2-3 rings in the 80's. :lol

It is interesting he mentioned John Starks. The Bulls would win "only" 1-2 rings with Starks as their second best player.

I get the OP: mocking 2ball's idiocy. :cheers:

3ball
08-13-2020, 08:50 PM
Just the other day 2ball was saying the Bulls would have won 2-3 rings in the 80's. :lol

It is interesting he mentioned John Starks. The Bulls would win "only" 1-2 rings with Starks as their second best player.

I get the OP: mocking 2ball's idiocy. :cheers:

My post exactly:

Maybe MJ and another star could win a couple if they were fully-developed and experienced playing together, but not 6.. they only won that many because the 90's was a 2-star fornat (better parity) and obviously, goat + anyone will dominate a 2-star format

3ball
08-13-2020, 08:54 PM
But MJ just needed to score more

No he just needed a team that matched the format at the time required to win (many HOF team)

for example, 14' lebron had a 4 HOF and Big 4 super-team defending champion, so he fit the super-team format required to win - whereas MJ's team was massive underdog and wasn't sufficient to match the standard of champion at that time.. 86' bulls were a 30-win lottery team, not 2-time defending champion with 4 HOF's

SouBeachTalents
08-13-2020, 09:17 PM
No he just needed a team that matched the format at the time required to win (many HOF team)

for example, 14' lebron had a 4 HOF and Big 4 super-team defending champion, so he fit the super-team format required to win - whereas MJ's team was massive underdog and wasn't sufficient to match the standard of champion at that time.. 86' bulls were a 30-win lottery team, not 2-time defending champion with 4 HOF's
Using 3balls favorite metric

2014 big 4 super team
Wade: 19 ppg
Bosh: 16 ppg
Allen: 10 ppg

1986 30 win lottery team
Wooldridge: 21 ppg
Gervin: 16 ppg
Green: 14 ppg

Lebron23
08-13-2020, 09:20 PM

2014 big 4 super team

1986 30 win lottery team

Lmao. And the celtics still swept his team in the playoffs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-13-2020, 09:22 PM

2014 big 4 super team

1986 30 win lottery team

3ball will jump thru a ring of fire trying to defend this.

3ball
08-13-2020, 09:32 PM
3ball will jump thru a ring of fire trying to defend this.

I already defended it

An all-time team with many HOF's was required to win the 80's East - a 2-star team like MJ/Woolridge or MJ/Pippen couldn't win, which is why MJ didn't start winning until the 90's, when 2-star contenders were standard (better parity)..

the goat wins with nearly ANYONE in a 2-star fornat like the 90's - aka MJ didn't need Pippen, he just needed the 90's

I do think that MJ with another star that he had time to grow with could win a couple rings in the 80's, but not 6.. MJ needed the 90's to win that many with slop like Pippen or Woolridge

Btw - unlike the 86' bulls (who didn't match the format required to win at the time, aka amany HOF team), the 14' Heat had the required super-team.. and they lost by more than the 86' bulls lottery team

NBAGOAT
08-13-2020, 09:46 PM
I already defended it

An all-time team with many HOF's was required to win the 80's East - a 2-star team like MJ/Woolridge or MJ/Pippen couldn't win, which is why MJ didn't start winning until the 90's, when 2-star contenders were standard (better parity)..

the goat wins with nearly ANYONE in a 2-star fornat like the 90's - aka MJ didn't need Pippen, he just needed the 90's

I do think that MJ with another star that he had time to grow with could win a couple rings in the 80's, but not 6.. MJ needed the 90's to win that many with slop like Pippen or Woolridge

Btw - unlike the 86' bulls (who didn't match the format required to win at the time, aka amany HOF team), the 14' Heat had the required super-team.. and they lost by more than the 86' bulls lottery team

but gervin is a hof so how is he not a star. I would love to see the gymnastics you pull trying to argue gervin at 16ppg isnt a star but allen at 10ppg is :lol

Marchesk
08-13-2020, 09:55 PM
Because MJ wasn't playing with 2020 offenses and rules.

3ball
08-13-2020, 10:14 PM
but gervin is a hof so how is he not a star. I would love to see the gymnastics you pull trying to argue gervin at 16ppg isnt a star but allen at 10ppg is :lol

Neither gervin or allen were stars, but Allen was a factor in the playoffs, while Gervin didn't play at all (2 minutes total)

Regardless, Bosh and Wade were stars, while the team was defending champs - they matched the super-team format required to win at the time, while the 86' bulls were a 30-win lottery team.. MJ was basically a rookie

It's funny because you guys only have like 3 years outside MJ's rookie year to knock him before he started winning and was untouchable.. so you're comparing peak lebron to rookie Jordan, and still losing... :yaohappy:

NBAGOAT
08-13-2020, 10:17 PM
Neither gervin or allen were stars, but Allen was a factor in the playoffs, while Gervin didn't play at all (2 minutes total)

Regardless, Bosh and Wade were stars, while the team was defending champs - they matched the super-team format required to win at the time, while the 86' bulls were a 30-win lottery team.. MJ was basically a rookie

It's funny because you guys only have like 3 years outside MJ's rookie year to knock him before he started winning and was untouchable.. so you're comparing peak lebron to rookie Jordan, and still losing... :yaohappy:

we're not doing this to knock jordan, we're knocking your terrible and inconsistent talking points. Okay you admitted allen wasnt a star good. Hopefully you dont reuse that point then

3ball
08-13-2020, 10:20 PM
we're not doing this to knock jordan, we're knocking your terrible and inconsistent talking points. Okay you admitted allen wasnt a star good. Hopefully you dont reuse that point then

Great, we fixed the allen issue, so the rest of my post stands:

However, I do think that MJ could've won a couple in the 80's with just 1 other star if he had time to grow with that star, but not 6.. MJ needed the 90's to win that many with slop like Pippen or Woolridge

NBAGOAT
08-13-2020, 10:21 PM
Great, we fixed the allen issue, so the rest of my post stands:

However, I do think that MJ could've won a couple in the 80's with just 1 other star if he had time to grow with that star, but not 6.. MJ needed the 90's to win that many with slop like Pippen or Woolridge

comparing woolridge to pippen is just wrong. All that I need to say

3ball
08-13-2020, 10:24 PM
comparing woolridge to pippen is just wrong. All that I need to say

Woolridge didn't have time to develop with mj and a good system like Pippen did

Otherwise, he could've won with MJ like Pippen did... but only in the 90's, when 2-star teams could win

Again, I do think that MJ could've won a couple in the 80's with just 1 other star if he had time to grow with that star, but not 6.. MJ needed the 90's to win that many with slop like Pippen or Woolridge

AirBonner
08-13-2020, 11:14 PM
86 bulls had 6 players average double figures in points. 86 Celtics only had 5 players average double figures. Why couldn’t MJ win?

Roundball_Rock
08-13-2020, 11:35 PM

2014 big 4 super team

1986 30 win lottery team

:roll:

2ball has to be the biggest joke in posting history.