PDA

View Full Version : How far would a team of headcases go in the modern nba?

Reggie43
08-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Pg: Allen Iverson
Sg: Latrell Sprewell
Sf: Ron Artest
Pf: Dennis Rodman
C: Rasheed Wallace

Bench: Jason Williams, Vernon Maxwell, Stephen Jackson, Lamar Odom, Demarcus Cousins

You pick the coach. How far would this team go and who emerges as its leader? Which players in nba history deserve a place in this team?

Bronbron23
08-13-2020, 09:58 PM
all in there primes? Pretty far. That be one physical team. Wouldn't benefit them in the weak ass regular season but deep in the playoffs where more physical play is allowed theyd be tough.

Lebron23
08-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Pg: Allen Iverson
Sg: Latrell Sprewell
Sf: Ron Artest
Pf: Dennis Rodman
C: Rasheed Wallace

Bench: Jason Williams, Vernon Maxwell, Stephen Jackson, Lamar Odom, Demarcus Cousins

You pick the coach. How far would this team go and who emerges as its leader? Which players in nba history deserve a place in this team?

Nick Nurse might win a championship with that roster.

Manny98
08-13-2020, 10:06 PM
Not very with the lack of shooting & the locker room imploding midway through the season

They would make the playoffs off their sheer talent but would probably lose in the first round

Axe
08-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Nick Nurse might win a championship with that roster.
Or tom thibodeau. Their offense might need some working on tho.

Lion's pride
08-13-2020, 10:28 PM
Or tom thibodeau. Their offense might need some working on tho.

LOL they would revolt after one practice with Thibs..

Chuck Daly or Phil Jackson..

Xiao Yao You
08-13-2020, 10:43 PM
Lakers have plenty right now

FireDavidKahn
08-13-2020, 10:57 PM
Half the team would get ejected every game.

MrFonzworth
08-13-2020, 11:17 PM
Jason Kidd head coach:applause:

That's a title in any era.

Axe
08-13-2020, 11:23 PM
LOL they would revolt after one practice with Thibs..

Chuck Daly or Phil Jackson..
Okay, changed it to pat riley then.

imdaman99
08-13-2020, 11:40 PM
Cousins is not meant to make the playoffs. Once they get rid of him, it should be a championship with decent coaching.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-13-2020, 11:43 PM
We saw a pretty good one in 2005 Pacers but the brawl happened lol

Reggie43
08-14-2020, 03:36 AM
We saw a pretty good one in 2005 Pacers but the brawl happened lol

I remember them being called the "JailBlazers East" back then. Having Jermaine, Artest, Tinsley and Harrington/Jackson as your main guys while having Isiah Thomas as your coach before being replaced by Carlisle is insane. I remember reading or watching an interview wherein Miller was talking about his experiences with that group and that one of the few guys that was willing to listen to him was James Jones lol.

AlternativeAcc.
08-14-2020, 03:45 AM
I mean, almost every player on that list was an all-star at one point

They'd win a championship together on some Coach Carter type shit. Doc Rivers?

FourthTenor
08-14-2020, 03:55 AM
Not very with the lack of shooting & the locker room imploding midway through the season

They would make the playoffs off their sheer talent but would probably lose in the first round

Besides the worm nobody is really a BAD shooter in that lineup. I guess the bench shooting depth isnt great altho it’s not non existent either.

I agree in the big picture they would underachieve, since thats the defining characteristic of most of those guys to begin with :lol

Some nights they would look like the greatest team ever, but theyd lack the discipline to be consistent.

I guess theyd be an upper middle class mans version of those Melo Nuggets teams. One conference finals run and a bunch of coming up short. Maybe theyd do a little better depending on conference and era but I have a hard time seeing them winning chips.

Genaro
08-14-2020, 04:02 AM
I think you can put prime Gilbert Arenas in there. For trouble and for shooting (no pun intended)

Akeem34TheDream
08-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Kyrie would be a nice addition to that team. I would watch them every night they would be very entertaining.

Wally450
08-14-2020, 10:57 AM
I mean, almost every player on that list was an all-star at one point

They'd win a championship together on some Coach Carter type shit. Doc Rivers?

My first thought was Doc as well. Hearing the stories about how intense those practices during the 2008 season with the Celtics were, I'd bargain with Doc keeping these guys in check..... somewhat lol.