PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone confident in Giannis and the Bucks winning the title this year?

StrongLurk
08-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Seems like no one is really talking about the Bucks or Giannis that much. Only the LA teams.

Giannis set the single season PER record, Bucks have the best record in the league and a very good supporting cast, and Giannis will most likely be b2b MVP.

Giannis is basically this modern era's version of Wilt and no one seems to really be hyping up the fact that Giannis could have arguably the greatest season of all time if he gets the ring/FMVP? Isn't Giannis also in the race for DPOY?

Perhaps no one truly is confident in Giannis in the playoffs because of last year and the fact that he is still pretty raw with his offensive skillet?

Marchesk
08-14-2020, 02:49 PM
The defending champs haven't gotten much love either, until maybe a little recently. It's all the LA show. The Pelicans were even getting more play when Zion came back.

It's partly a marketing thing. Bucks and Raptors aren't that sexy, and they don't have superstars that have won chips yet.

SouBeachTalents
08-14-2020, 02:53 PM
The defending champs haven't gotten much love either, until maybe a little recently. It's all the LA show. The Pelicans were even getting more play when Zion came back.

It's partly a marketing thing. Bucks and Raptors aren't that sexy, and they don't have superstars that have won chips yet.
The Raps don't have anyone that's won a chip yet :lol

StrongLurk
08-14-2020, 02:57 PM

The Bucks should be a "sexy" pick though. They are a stacked team and in my opinion the second best team in the league behind the Clips. Shouldn't this be a MAJOR win or bust year for Giannis and big for his legacy?

A guy like Lebron was criticized constantly for losing with way less than Giannis has now even when he was younger than Giannis. I think it's fair to say that Giannis supporting cast these last two years have been better than anything Lebron had from 03-10 on the Cavs.

Marchesk
08-14-2020, 03:15 PM
The Raps don't have anyone that's won a chip yet :lol

Siakam and Lowry aren't superstars the sports media and fans obsess over like Kawhi and Lebron. They're regular stars that fly under the radar, like the rest of the Raptors. It's weird for the defending champs to go under the radar as much as they have with a 2nd best record in the East.

Stephonit
08-14-2020, 03:27 PM
Siakam and Lowry aren't superstars the sports media and fans obsess over like Kawhi and Lebron. They're regular stars that fly under the radar, like the rest of the Raptors. It's weird for the defending champs to go under the radar as much as they have with a 2nd best record in the East.

Based in Canada so only covered reluctantly by American media. I still remember last year being baffled by the consistent hyping of the Bucks when the Raptors had 4 players who could claim to be good enough to be the best player on a playoffs team and arguably the best bench in the league. Lowry and Gasol should be Hall of Fame bound.

coin24
08-14-2020, 03:53 PM
Bucks won't make it out of the east. Book it

AirBonner
08-14-2020, 04:00 PM
Bucks won't make it out of the east. Book it

Bingo. Bucks will get bottled up once defenses suffocate

Whoah10115
08-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Bucks win, I think.

NBAGOAT
08-14-2020, 05:51 PM
Not confident but I think they have the highest chance. Think people are overrating tor and bos as threats

HylianNightmare
08-14-2020, 06:27 PM
I still think I have more faith in Toronto then Milwaukee, I need to see giannis prove it

Bronbron23
08-14-2020, 06:33 PM
Seems like no one is really talking about the Bucks or Giannis that much. Only the LA teams.

Giannis set the single season PER record, Bucks have the best record in the league and a very good supporting cast, and Giannis will most likely be b2b MVP.

Giannis is basically this modern era's version of Wilt and no one seems to really be hyping up the fact that Giannis could have arguably the greatest season of all time if he gets the ring/FMVP? Isn't Giannis also in the race for DPOY?

Perhaps no one truly is confident in Giannis in the playoffs because of last year and the fact that he is still pretty raw with his offensive skillet?

No. Greek still needs a year or 2 to develop his mid range and post moves. Teams can still wall him up.

Axe
08-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Depends if coach bud doesn't let his team choke in the playoffs like he did in the ecf last year and 5 years ago.

Rudeboy3
08-15-2020, 02:43 AM
I still think I have more faith in Toronto then Milwaukee, I need to see giannis prove it

You need to see Giannis prove it but you think siakam and lowry are? lmao, you're mentally retarded

Rudeboy3
08-15-2020, 02:44 AM
i have 100% faith the bucks are going to make it to the finals, Giannis is by far the best player in the east. Once they make it to the finals, i really can't say if I'm all that confident in them winning it, the clippers just look too op rn

Gray GOAT
08-15-2020, 02:46 AM
The Raptors will win the east.

oldtimer28
08-15-2020, 03:46 AM
You never know.

What are the odds from gamblers?

I always find that so hard as injuries can change everything.

I just hope the playoffs are relatively injury and controversial foul out free

FromDowntown
08-15-2020, 03:55 AM
You need to see Giannis prove it but you think siakam and lowry are? lmao, you're mentally retarded

?.?

So you basically missed all of the 2019 Playoffs? The part where Lowry and Siakam sonned the Bucks and eliminated them?

The 2019 ECF where Lowry did 19-5-5 on 51 fg%, 47% 3p, 85% ft :lol

Rudeboy3
08-15-2020, 04:50 AM
?.?

So you basically missed all of the 2019 Playoffs? The part where Lowry and Siakam sonned the Bucks and eliminated them?

ecf? where lowry was a second/third option, very easy to do that shit when you aren't the focal point for the defence. We've seen what happens to lowry when he is, he tenses up like a mfer, and that's what's going to happen again. Plus siakam played like shit in the playoffs, especially during the sixers and bucks series. Raptors have zero offence to beat the celtics in a 7 game series let alone the bucks, foh

Axe
08-15-2020, 05:24 AM
?.?

Had to omit kawhi there, i see.

Rudeboy3
08-15-2020, 05:31 AM
Had to omit kawhi there, i see.

cause he's a scared little bitch, with no kawhi to take the focus of lowry and siakam, lowry is going to go back to how he usually places in the playoffs, like trash. We've seen multiple playoffs runs where he's sucked, if anything last year was an outlier, thanks to kawhi

Axe
08-15-2020, 05:54 AM
cause he's a scared little bitch, with no kawhi to take the focus of lowry and siakam, lowry is going to go back to how he usually places in the playoffs, like trash. We've seen multiple playoffs runs where he's sucked, if anything last year was an outlier, thanks to kawhi
Not sure about that. Maybe nick nurse has something up his sleeve, prolly a battle plan for this postseason now that his team have gone klawless and that many of their key bench players have already improved as a result alongside winning some games against top seeds so i still wouldn't dare to underestimate the raptors in that case.

Rudeboy3
08-15-2020, 08:23 AM
Not sure about that. Maybe nick nurse has something up his sleeve, prolly a battle plan for this postseason now that his team have gone klawless and that many of their key bench players have already improved as a result alongside winning some games against top seeds so i still wouldn't dare to underestimate the raptors in that case.

miss me with this nick nurse bs, this is the nba superstars win you games and championships, a coach can only do so much, the raptors don't have the talent or fire power to make it past the second round. Nick nurse has become so overrated, this shit is bringing me back to 2018 when brad stevens was getting his dick sucked so hard, ESPN was out here creating polls whether you'd rather have Brad stevens or Lebron.

Axe
08-15-2020, 09:01 AM
miss me with this nick nurse bs, this is the nba superstars win you games and championships, a coach can only do so much, the raptors don't have the talent or fire power to make it past the second round. Nick nurse has become so overrated, this shit is bringing me back to 2018 when brad stevens was getting his dick sucked so hard, ESPN was out here creating polls whether you'd rather have Brad stevens or Lebron.
I'm just saying lmao don't get so harsh or too defensive about it. Besides, it was a gamble made by ujiri back 2 years ago after the raptors had the top seed in the east but got swept by bran's cavs in the ecsf wc was totally embarrassing.

First he fired hc dwane casey right after that disappointment then promoted ac nick nurse to that position and 2 months later, would conduct an ultimate trade with the spurs sending derozan and poetl in exchange for leonard, as well as green.

And you already know that #2 was bound to become fa the following year, which he ultimately decided to go with the clippers after his second chip and messing with the media for months.

My point is, there are reasons why nick nurse got credit in his rookie year. Remember, last year was the finals debut for the raptors and they didn't come up short of winning the title, despite being the underdogs to the most recent dynasty in the league.

Lastly, if anything for raps pres. ujiri, his decision to gamble on this matter was very worth it. I'm not sure if the raptors can defend their title this year tho.

E_Stamkos
08-15-2020, 09:58 AM

And being shrouded under the radar is exactly how we like it :)

Roundball_Rock
08-15-2020, 03:07 PM
They have a legit shot because they have the best player/MVP and a solid overall roster but the LA teams are much more likely to win than they are. Middleton isn't Davis or George and superstars ultimately win chips.

StrongLurk
08-25-2020, 08:50 PM
Bump.

Again, Giannis is confirmed DPOY and probably back-to-back MVP.

Shouldn't he be under the most pressure in the NBA to win right now? Feels like Giannis who is at his peak right now isn't even held to the standard of old Lebron, who will be 36 in 4 months.

Giannis actually has a very good team around him unlike Lebron's first stint on the Cavs.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Bump.

Again, Giannis is confirmed DPOY and probably back-to-back MVP.

Shouldn't he be under the most pressure in the NBA to win right now? Feels like Giannis who is at his peak right now isn't even held to the standard of old Lebron, who will be 36 in 4 months.

Giannis actually has a very good team around him unlike Lebron's first stint on the Cavs.

Giannis will easily make it out of the East

problem is we have AD and Bran

Giannis and Middleton as his "star" and hes a Mo Williams level player at best and horrible in the playoffs

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 09:00 PM
OP are you saying Spanakopita > taco?

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 12:53 AM
like i've said previously in this thread, there's no doubt in my mind the bucks will make it out the east, they're simply too talented for any team in the east to realistically beat 4 out of 7 times. Winning the chip, idk

Roundball_Rock
08-26-2020, 04:31 AM
The issue with the chip is the biggest contenders in the West have two MVP caliber superstars, whether it is the Lakers, Clippers, or Rockets. If you have Giannis a teammate of that caliber the Bucks would be the favorite but having Middleton instead of Davis, George, or Westbrook is a material difference.

AussieSteve
08-26-2020, 04:59 AM
Giannis will easily make it out of the East

problem is we have AD and Bran

Giannis and Middleton as his "star" and hes a Mo Williams level player at best and horrible in the playoffs

Middleton is a massive upgrade on Mo Williams. He's definitely no WB, AD or PG but he's a legit all star. Well in the east he's a legit all star.

Also the the Bucks have a way better cast outside of the top 2 than the Lakers and Rockets.

GimmeThat
08-26-2020, 05:54 AM
I think this will go down as one of those "peaking, peaked, not yet peaked" argument.

the only adjustment that could be made for them is just about adding some high post passing, and get Wesley Mathews some buckets in the paint in order to open up Robin Lopez. Robin favor more the strong side/weak side swinging the ball offense where as Brook is more focused on the painted area.

the outcome from this, is they let the other team take the 3s while they gain the rebounding edge, only if they do face the Lakers in the finals, they are a team discipline enough where playing the passing lane doesn't garner much reward.

ImKobe
08-26-2020, 07:33 AM
The issue with the chip is the biggest contenders in the West have two MVP caliber superstars, whether it is the Lakers, Clippers, or Rockets. If you have Giannis a teammate of that caliber the Bucks would be the favorite but having Middleton instead of Davis, George, or Westbrook is a material difference.

Oh, Paul George is MVP-caliber now? Didn't you just trash him for weeks?

AussieSteve
08-26-2020, 08:23 AM

If a player averaged 28ppg, was All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st and 3rd in MVP voting last season, what would u call him?

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 09:12 AM

Youre right, he shouldve went with Lou instead

Roundball_Rock
08-26-2020, 10:05 AM
If a player averaged 28ppg, was All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st and 3rd in MVP voting last season, what would u call him?

Exactly. It is common sense.

ImKobe
08-26-2020, 10:16 AM

Well, he's the one who's been acting as if PG was not close to the MVP-level superstar that Pippen apparently was, but now he is all of a sudden? You Lebronsexuals can never stay consistent, can you? I'm not the one trashing PG in every thread and then switching my take when it seems fit.

Roundball_Rock
08-26-2020, 10:19 AM
More lies, just like his hero 3ball. Lies come second nature to them.

I have always said PG is MVP caliber and a superstar. Even when critical of him, I refer to him as a superstar--but hold him to superstar standards and results (I don't only criticize 2 players in the entire history of the NBA). I am merely saying, like the rest of the world, that he isn't equal to a top 20-30 all-time player. There are levels to greatness. MVP caliber? He clearly is above that threshold. Better than Jimmy Butler? Sure. Top 30 all-time? :roll:

It isn't surprising you are having trouble processing someone actually having beliefs, principles, and consistency across players. I can't take multiple positions on waht being 3rd in MVP means based on who it is--like you. :oldlol:

ImKobe
08-26-2020, 12:47 PM
What lies? Ok, so Paul George is MVP-caliber and a superstar, but apparently it's insulting to compare him to or take him over Pippen as a player (not talking accolades).

You're still struggling with this, never did I say that Paul George's career is on Pippen's level, I was merely comparing their peaks and that I'd take 2019 PG over any version of Pippen. Why is that so hard to grasp?