PDA

View Full Version : NBA fires photographer for posting offensive meme about Kamala Harris

JohnMax
08-15-2020, 04:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Efaody3X0AAd_Ku?format=jpg&name=900x900

warriorfan
08-15-2020, 04:45 PM
:roll:

red1
08-15-2020, 04:49 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/bfb10ae2ef6b745b0a933ecf56cc8ff4/tenor.gif

Shogon
08-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Sheryl Swoopes wouldn't have given a ****ing shit if it was an offense Trump tweet.

****ing hypocritical pieces of shit everywhere. LUL.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 04:57 PM
Batshit TDS is the new religion for the masses. Simple as that.

But hey, at least this dude can start collecting unemployment, which is paying better these days than half the jobs Americans are workin :rockon:

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Yes.

Joe and the Hoe...so sensitive.

Lol. Larry Bird > LeBron James.

fourkicks44
08-15-2020, 05:11 PM
You can't disrespect women, any woman, like that in a public forum if you are a professional and expect to keep your job.

What a ****ing idiot.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 05:14 PM
You can't disrespect women, any woman, like that in a public forum if you are a professional and expect to keep your job.

What a ****ing idiot.

You mean you can't disrespect a female Democratic politician of color and expect your fake-woke corporate employer to keep you.

If Biden and Harris had different political affiliations, the NBA would probably paint "Joe and The Hoe" on the hardwood before games.

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 05:17 PM

What a ****ing idiot.

This is a libtard's take. Next you're gonna say it's not ok to refuse service to **** in a restaurant.

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 05:17 PM
You mean you can't disrespect a female Democratic politician of color and expect your fake-woke corporate employer to keep you.

If Biden and Harris had different political affiliations, the NBA would probably paint "Joe and The Hoe" on the hardwood before games.

if someone called nikki haley a hoe, you bet nba's firing them too. Political affiliation is a factor but you cant allow something so blatantly against the nba's values and not get push back for being hypocrites

Horatio33
08-15-2020, 05:18 PM
Adam Silver is close friends with Jared Kushner

NBAGOAT
This is a libtard's take. Next you're gonna say it's not ok to refuse service to **** in a restaurant.

why is it a libtard take to say a private company can fire someone?

34-24 Footwork

What a ****ing idiot.

This. Anyone that thinks this was smart, clever, or acceptable is a fvcking idiot.

34-24 Footwork
08-15-2020, 05:20 PM
why is it a libtard take to say a private company can fire someone?

He's saying that corporations are propagating "wokeness" politics by not accepting blatant sexism.

It's an incel perspective.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 05:28 PM
He's saying that corporations are propagating "wokeness" politics by not accepting blatant sexism.

It's an incel perspective.

What is sexist about calling a politician who is well documented as a sex-for-status purveyor a “hoe?”

Male politicians are constantly insulted in every way under the sun, and nobody ever claims it‘s an attack on #AllMen

Youve got the incel perspective. Shrieking feminazis tell you to believe whatever they say in order for you to have a chance at touching your first 300 lb vag, and you obediently go along with it for lack of other options.

:confusedshrug:

“But but sexist!” :roll:

Got any more buzzwords you obediently let unattractive women bully you into parroting??

fourkicks44
08-15-2020, 05:28 PM

He can say whatever the **** he wants.

There are consequences in real life professional settings.

The NBA has a right to fire him

Sponsors money is more important than some idiot photographer.

It has nothing to do with if you agree with his take or his right to post it.

He is gonna be working at Mickey Dee's for the rest of his life with no one to blame but him self.

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 05:32 PM

He is gonna be working at Mickey Dee's for the rest of his life with no one to blame but him self.

dude already apologized lol so yea trying to salvage his career

LoneyROY7
08-15-2020, 05:35 PM
Another stellar move by Silver and the NBA. :applause:

They just can't stop winning.

Lebron23
08-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Another stellar move by Silver and the NBA. :applause:

They just can't stop winning.

This. And it's very unproffesional to call a woman a hoe.

bison
08-15-2020, 05:43 PM
If you think it’s okay to call a woman a hoe, especially one that is educated and has a career, that says a lot about your character. We don’t accept racial bigotry or bigotry against gays, so sexism should get the same due. I would have fired his ass too.

34-24 Footwork
08-15-2020, 05:46 PM
What is sexist about calling a politician who is well documented as a sex-for-status purveyor a “hoe?”

Male politicians are constantly insulted in every way under the sun, and nobody ever claims it‘s an attack on #AllMen

Youve got the incel perspective. Shrieking feminazis tell you to believe whatever they say in order for you to have a chance at touching your first 300 lb vag, and you obediently go along with it for lack of other options.

Got any more buzzwords you obediently let unattractive women bully you into parroting??

https://media1.tenor.com/images/84c642d5e7d4af86ba02ead3dad00d2b/tenor.gif?itemid=13599325

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 05:47 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/84c642d5e7d4af86ba02ead3dad00d2b/tenor.gif?itemid=13599325

I agree. :cheers:

LoneyROY7
08-15-2020, 05:48 PM
Chris, how many alts do you have?

It's getting a bit sad. :(

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 05:53 PM
Chris, how many alts do you have?

It's getting a bit sad. :(

Is this... huh?

Youre signaling for my attention to ask me this? :lol

Not havin too much luck with ladies lately, are ya Roy...

Im sorry :(

LoneyROY7
08-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Is this... huh?

Youre signaling for my attention to ask me this? :lol

Not havin too much luck with ladies lately, are ya Roy...

Im sorry :(

Stop projecting, Chris.

We all know what kinda luck you're having, being on your 20th alt, unable to survive a day without ISH. :lol

BigtimeNBAFan
08-15-2020, 05:59 PM

You are kind of a weird dude, but I'll respond anyway. If a person calls someone a hoe in a very public position, pretty much every company in America would fire them. It has nothing to do with political affiliation. My boss is as Republican as it gets. He literally had one of those fake thank you letters from George W Bush for donating money to his campaign in his office. If I publicly called any liberal woman a hoe, he wouldn't hesitate to fire me immediately just as if I did so to a Republican or independent woman.

But hey I do look forward to you running a company where you encourage your employees to behave like that. It will be entertaining to watch.

Manny98
08-15-2020, 05:59 PM
But you can openly make fun of Trump all you want and absolutely nothing will happen to you :eek:

The democrats really run this shit

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 06:01 PM
Stop projecting, Chris.

We all know what kinda luck you're having, being on your 20th alt, unable to survive a day without ISH. :lol

Sounds like my posts in this thread struck your TDS nerve and have you in your feelings. And you gotta make sure Im “not gonna get away with it.”

:lol

Sorry brah.

Ill try to keep things less triggering for our, ehm.... “less masculine” posters :cheers:

BigtimeNBAFan
08-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Sheryl Swoopes wouldn't have given a ****ing shit if it was an offense Trump tweet.

****ing hypocritical pieces of shit everywhere. LUL.

She might not have, but the NBA certainly would have. He would have been fired regardless of who he said this about. It is almost like a lot of people on here don't have jobs. You can't just do whatever you want without consequence.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 06:06 PM
You are kind of a weird dude, but I'll respond anyway. If a person calls someone a hoe in a very public position, pretty much every company in America would fire them. It has nothing to do with political affiliation. My boss is as Republican as it gets. He literally had one of those fake thank you letters from George W Bush for donating money to his campaign in his office. If I publicly called any liberal woman a hoe, he wouldn't hesitate to fire me immediately just as if I did so to a Republican or independent woman.

But hey I do look forward to you running a company where you encourage your employees to behave like that. It will be entertaining to watch.

Bro you know some of these NBA players have ASSAULTED women and still are employed by the NBA, right?

This is all about optics, not about some kind of brave stance the league is taking on behalf of respect for women. Race and politics plays a huge part in it. If the tweeter was black, if Harris was white, if she were republican instead of democrat etc, it ALL plays into the reaction.

There is no uniform response to someone saying something like this nowadays. It all comes down to arbitrary “identity affiliations” of the people involved.

If you cant see that, you might be in a SEA of denial dude.

Or maybe Im just saying that cause youre a man :crazysam:

BigtimeNBAFan
08-15-2020, 06:07 PM

I swear the majority of these people on here either have never worked in their life or are trolling. Hey if people are fine with that behavior, good for you, but there are very few employers in America where you wouldn't get fired for that. It has nothing to do with politics. If he called Nikki Haley or Kristi Noem that, he would have been fired just as fast. Like you said there are consequences in professional settings for your behavior.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Bro you know some of these NBA players have ASSAULTED women and still are employed by the NBA, right?

This is all about optics, not about some kind of brave stance the league is taking on behalf of respect for women. Race and politics plays a huge part in it. If the tweeter was black, if Harris was white, if she were republican instead of democrat etcCl, it ALL plays into the reaction.

There is no uniform response to someone saying something like this nowadays. It all comes down to arbitrary “identity affiliations” of the people involved.

If you cant see that, you might be in a SEA of denial dude.

Or maybe Im just saying that cause youre a man :crazysam:

You are half right, but that is also about value to the league. A photographer would absolutely be fired if he said that about anyone regardless of political affiliation. It is a bad look for the league.

Where you are right, is there is certainly a different standard for players, but that is because players are the league. A star player especially can get away with a lot more because he is a valuable commodity to the league. You can't just replace Damian Lillard or James Harden Lebron James. You can replace all the photographers and then replace those photographers with no problem. I'm not saying that is right, but that is how it is.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 06:15 PM
You are half right, but that is also about value to the league. A photographer would absolutely be fired if he said that about anyone regardless of political affiliation. It is a bad look for the league.

Where you are right, is there is certainly a different standard for players, but that is because players are the league. A star player especially can get away with a lot more because he is a valuable commodity to the league. You can't just replace Damian Lillard or James Harden Lebron James. You can replace all the photographers and then replace those photographers with no problem. I'm not saying that is right, but that is how it is.

I disagree with your assumption a woke camera man would automatically be fired for making similar comments about, for instance, Sarah Palin.

Especially if the camera man was black and the players screamed racism at the idea of a black man losing his job over a joke about a republican.

The league is capitulating ENTIRELY to the woke mob. Has nothing to do with protecting any dignity of women or whatever. Has nothing to do with consistent standards. We agree it’s all corporate image related. But the NBA is concerned about its image with Woke Mob first and foremost.

The woke mob completely dictates league policy now. And the woke mob does not have consistent standards. They lynch whomever they wanna lynch and absolve whomever they wanna absolve.

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 06:16 PM
You all realize I was being sarcastic, no?

My my.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 06:17 PM

My my.

I did, but when he responded by attacking you in a rage I was like “wait, what am I missing here...?” :lol

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 06:18 PM

My my.

on this forum it can get that bad :lol

bobopenguin
08-15-2020, 08:26 PM
So when Steve Kerr calls trump racist, it's cool?

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 08:56 PM

Shut the **** up.

Don't be ignorant for the sake of it.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 08:57 PM
Shut the **** up.

Don't be ignorant for the sake of it.

Youre voting for Slow Joe and The Hoe aren't you?

Axe
08-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Lmao because steve kerr is a well-respected man unlike the potus

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 09:05 PM
Accusing someone who says racially divisive things of being a racist isn't the same as a man calling a woman a hoe.

Or did your Mother not raise you?

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Accusing someone who says racially divisive things of being a racist isn't the same as a man calling a woman a hoe.

Or did your Mother not raise you?

But she is a hoe.

Her career is predicated on sleeping with men who could move her up the ladder. Thats the definition of a hoe.

This isnt about her being a woman, it’s about her being a politician. This is what happens to politicians. They get scrutinized and ridiculed. Its been happening to men for centuries. It women are going to become prominent in politics, it will apply equally to them. You think we shouldnt apply the same public standards to women that we do to men? Are you some kind of sexist?

You sound like a 20 year old virgin trained in doublespeak by a marxist professor.

Lay off the kool aid lil guy.

oldtimer28
08-15-2020, 09:27 PM

What a ****ing idiot.

Free speech should prevail.

I think it's a dumb thing to do but respect freedom.

Swoopes saying fire him is so wrong. His job has nothing to do with this. At worst, delete. Apologise. Move on.

Sad crazy left want to undermine the world it seems. So dumb. Communism and censorship is not the answer.

AirBonner
08-15-2020, 09:43 PM
She had sex for money/further career. That is the definition of a prostitute. You can get fired for telling the truth

Axe
08-15-2020, 09:45 PM
She had sex for money/further career. That is the definition of a prostitute. You can get fired for telling the truth
🤫🤫🤫

fourkicks44
08-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Swoopes saying fire him is so wrong. His job has nothing to do with this. At worst, delete. Apologise. Move on.

Sad crazy left want to undermine the world it seems. So dumb. Communism and censorship is not the answer.

It's not censorship.

He has the right to say what he wants, when he wants in any public forum he wants.

But his employer has the right to fire him if it is detrimental to their business.

Sponsors have invested money into the league and then if his conduct is detrimental to their business and breaches contact they too have the right to with draw their support and money.

That is how business works, especially in a PR dependent business like the NBA.

Now he is apparently apologizing because he knows he has ****ed up.

I don't see him standing up for what he apparently believes in. He should be out there standing by his statement and his right to call women he has never met hoes.

He is obviously a spineless idiot.

And this is not a censorship issue.

It's about business and money.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 09:51 PM
It's not censorship.

He has the right to say what he wants, when he wants in any public forum he wants.

But his employer has the right to fire him if it is detrimental to their business.

Sponsors have invested money into the league and then if his conduct is detrimental to their business and breaches contact they too have the right to with draw their support and money.

That is how business works, especially in a PR dependent business like the NBA.

Now he is apparently apologizing because he knows he has ****ed up.

I don't see him standing up for what he apparently believes in. He should be out there standing by his statement and his right to call women he has never met hoes.

He is obviously a spineless idiot.

And this is not a censorship issue.

It's about business and money.

You seem to be in favor of the rights of business. I feel similarly.

Do you believe government laws regarding hiring discrimination are Constitutional? Or should businesses be able to hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want?

I'm expecting you'll have some dubious reasons why "thats different!" although perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions.

I also have a feeling you won't even address the question, but I guess we'll see.

Meticode
08-15-2020, 09:52 PM

Ummm. no. That's not how the real world works and never will work. LOL

Smoke117
08-15-2020, 09:55 PM
She is a dirty hoe. A dirty indian hoe.

fourkicks44
08-15-2020, 10:11 PM
You seem to be in favor of the rights of business. I feel similarly.

Do you believe government laws regarding hiring discrimination are Constitutional? Or should businesses be able to hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want?

I'm expecting you'll have some dubious reasons why "thats different!" although perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions.

I also have a feeling you won't even address the question, but I guess we'll see.

I have no issues within government agencies or the public sector with strict hiring discrimination laws.

I'm not a fan of the private sector being subjected to those same standards.

Yes they should be able to hire who they want.

SATAN
08-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Alt right incels melting down as predicted itt. ****ing idiots.

FourthTenor
08-15-2020, 10:26 PM
I have no issues within government agencies or the public sector with strict hiring discrimination laws.

I'm not a fan of the private sector being subjected to those same standards.

Yes they should be able to hire who they want.

Word.

I agree. Due process was intended as an application of government, not a private sector mandate. Federal laws about hiring discrimination for business are a perversion of basic American principles.

Whats weird is that they havent even achieved the results for blacks that their proponents said was worth the diminished freedom of others. Integration has largely been a disaster for blacks.

It’s almost like, wealthy interests want to exploit diverse labor, so therefore diversity is a virtue worth codifying into law. But free speech never benefits people in charge, so they wont pursue mandates for protecting that in the workplace.

Crazy how easy simpler minds are molded to believe virtue is whatever the people in control want it to be.

SATAN
08-15-2020, 10:35 PM
You're an idiot.

LAL
08-16-2020, 12:08 AM
You're an idiot.

You were obviously raised by a single mother.

SATAN
08-16-2020, 12:16 AM
Shit comment.

insight
08-16-2020, 01:22 AM
I disagree with your assumption a woke camera man would automatically be fired for making similar comments about, for instance, Sarah Palin.

Especially if the camera man was black and the players screamed racism at the idea of a black man losing his job over a joke about a republican.

The league is capitulating ENTIRELY to the woke mob. Has nothing to do with protecting any dignity of women or whatever. Has nothing to do with consistent standards. We agree it’s all corporate image related. But the NBA is concerned about its image with Woke Mob first and foremost.

The woke mob completely dictates league policy now. And the woke mob does not have consistent standards. They lynch whomever they wanna lynch and absolve whomever they wanna absolve.

You sound clueless! Owners, and high level executives run the NBA and 99% are white. They make decisions which are in their own interest, your living in a fantasy world of victimization. Let me show you what a real victim of lynching looks like, they were all black people and nobody cared whether they were democrat or republican.

https://www.blackpast.org/wp-content/uploads/prodimages/files/Charred_corpse_of_Will_Brown_Omaha_Courthouse_Sept ember_28_1919.jpg

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 12:59 PM

:applause:

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 01:00 PM

:bowdown:

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 01:08 PM
https://www.blackpast.org/wp-content/uploads/prodimages/files/Charred_corpse_of_Will_Brown_Omaha_Courthouse_Sept ember_28_1919.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/x8ZG7v30/Who-did-it.jpg

insight
08-16-2020, 01:49 PM

Da_Realist, people from both parties demean women calling them hoes and bitc** just like lynching and racial inequality was embraced by both parties in the past. From a historical perspective most blacks belonged to the republican party before the 1960's but both parties were deeply racist. The majority of churches were segregated and taught racism was acceptable which is why interracial marriage was illegal. Most Ivy league schools and institutions of higher learning taught pseudosciences like Eugenics and Phrenology which were racist. I don't understand why you can't see that both parties are controlled by lobbyist and dark money interest. Even with all the negative aspects of Americas past it's a great country. Progress and change has been slow and ugly but progress has been made. More progress needs to be made and it will be "the people" not a political party to that insures those changes happen.

FourthTenor
08-16-2020, 02:28 PM
You sound clueless! Owners, and high level executives run the NBA and 99% are white. They make decisions which are in their own interest, your living in a fantasy world of victimization. Let me show you what a real victim of lynching looks like, they were all black people and nobody cared whether they were democrat or republican.

Umm...

Thats a horrific picture.

But it’s not relevant to anything I said. So Im not sure where youre goin with it. Other than youre a May 2020 account and probably an alt/gimmick looking for reactions.

insight
08-16-2020, 02:55 PM
Umm...

Thats a horrific picture.

But itÂ’s not relevant to anything I said. So Im not sure where youre goin with it. Other than youre a May 2020 account and probably an alt/gimmick looking for reactions.

You said I quote " The woke mob completely dictates league policy now. And the woke mob does not have consistent standards. They lynch whomever they wanna lynch and absolve whomever they wanna absolve."

Lynching was horrific and that's why the term should not be thrown around loosely to describe someone you disagree a with politically. You are entitled to disagree with the woke mob as you call them or disagree with a company who fires an employee for calling a women a hoe on social media but using the word lynching to describe there actions is what I responded to. Thousands of black people were tortured and brutally murdered by racist mobs that's completely different from someone getting fired for making controversial statements on social media.

FourthTenor
08-16-2020, 03:03 PM
You said I quote " The woke mob completely dictates league policy now. And the woke mob does not have consistent standards. They lynch whomever they wanna lynch and absolve whomever they wanna absolve."

Lynching was horrific and that's why the term should not be thrown around loosely to describe someone you disagree a with politically. You are entitled to disagree with the woke mob as you call them or disagree with a company who fires an employee for calling a women a hoe on social media but using the word lynching to describe there actions is what I responded to. Thousands of black people were tortured and brutally murdered by racist mobs that's completely different from someone getting fired for making controversial statements on social media.

Lynching was meant figurative altho if you wanna be technical, the woke mob has lynched effigies of guys like Trump and Bush, and in fact the secret service recently had to put a cap in a LeftNazi trying to murder the president. Many in the woke mob would gladly lynch people on the other side if they could do it and get away with it.

Moreover, lynching existed long before America itself. Despite what you may have heard, no group has a monopoly on victimhood to slavery, lynching, discrimination or any such atrocities.

Your ‘insight’ gimmick is not very insightful.

Kblaze8855
08-16-2020, 03:17 PM

People really are going to pretend that most if not all of the old-school southern Democrats wouldnt be Republicans now?

If you remove references to segregation George Wallace deliverEd speeches that were nearly identical to Donald Trump material right down to hating the news media, needing to bring protesters in line by force, socialist liberals, and being proud to be a conservative.

The D next to their name did not make old school democrats....especially southern ones....liberals.

In the words of one of the many many converts:

"You basically had liberal Democrats, middle-of-the-road Democrats and conservative Democrats, which probably should have been Republicans," Greer said of his early political career.

He was not alone.

"If you were going to get elected, you had to run as a Democrat,"

"It was all white, the Senate was all male and I think there was one female in the House," he said about his first term.

In 1984, he changed parties.

"I was always a conservative person, so it was an easy change for me," Waggoner said. "I think the letter by my name changed. I don't think my politics have changed."

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 04:34 PM
People really are going to pretend that most if not all of the old-school southern Democrats wouldnt be Republicans now?

If you remove references to segregation George Wallace deliverEd speeches that were nearly identical to Donald Trump material right down to hating the news media, needing to bring protesters in line by force, socialist liberals, and being proud to be a conservative.

The D next to their name did not make old school democrats....especially southern ones....liberals.

In the words of one of the many many converts:

Maybe some of the old school Democrats would be Republican today but only because today's Democrats have gone batshit crazy to the left. I would imagine even they would find the positions pushed by AOC and Kamala Harris unrecognizable to what they believed in. But not the ones that supported the measures in that list.

Show me someone(s) that remained slavery advocates that switched over to the Republican Party. Or someone(s) that supported Jim Crow throughout his/her life. Or any that steadfastly supported the lynching of blacks. The Republican Party was the abolitionist party. Why would someone pro-slavery feel comfortable supporting a platform that was antithetical to what he believed in?

Believing in smaller government, protection of life in the womb, not trusting severe liberal bias in the media, having respect for the American flag, loving the country enough to show that respect and being a proponent of a secure border that only allows legal immigration does not mean that someone is a racist. And it certainly doesn't mean they would have supported the atrocities in that list.

Eventually, the Old South also transitioned into the GOP camp. But this was not until the late 1970's and through the 1980's, in response to Reaganite appeal to free-market capitalism, patriotism, protection of the unborn, school prayer and family values. These economic and social issues were far more central to Reagan's message than race, and they struck a chord beyond - no less than within - the South.

Reagan's success, however, was made possible by the sharp leftward move by the Democratic Party, starting with the nomination of George McGovern in 1972 and continuing through the 1970's. This swing to the left, especially on social and cultural issues like school prayer, pornography, recreational drugs and abortion, receives virtually no mention by progressive scholars because it disrupts their thesis that the trend in the South to the GOP was motivated primarily by race.

Survey data show that racism declined dramatically throughout the second half of the twentieth century, and precisely during this period the South moved steadily into the GOP camp. Thus as the South became less racist, it became more Republican.

Death of a Nation (https://www.amazon.com/Death-Nation-Plantation-Politics-Democratic/dp/1250163773/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?cv_ct_cx=death+of+a+nation&dchild=1&keywords=death+of+a+nation&pd_rd_i=1250163773&pd_rd_r=cd5c4319-9d68-432d-9fdd-a17db7ae0b85&pd_rd_w=gdqsB&pd_rd_wg=Uf9QC&pf_rd_p=13bf9bc7-d68d-44c3-9d2e-647020f56802&pf_rd_r=DDFHQ36GWARS30AK4AQ0&psc=1&qid=1597610254&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f)
Dinesh D'Souza
Chapter 8 "Civil Rights and Wrongs: LBJ, Nixon and the Myth of the Southern Strategy"
page 209-210

insight
08-16-2020, 04:58 PM
Lynching was meant figurative altho if you wanna be technical, the woke mob has lynched effigies of guys like Trump and Bush, and in fact the secret service recently had to put a cap in a LeftNazi trying to murder the president. Many in the woke mob would gladly lynch people on the other side if they could do it and get away with it.

Moreover, lynching existed long before America itself. Despite what you may have heard, no group has a monopoly on victimhood to slavery, lynching, discrimination or any such atrocities.

Your ‘insight’ gimmick is not very insightful.

the woke mob has lynched effigies Are you seriously comparing taking down statues to murdering human beings? Listen to your shelf, "Left Nazi "what does that even mean? The Nazi's believed blonde blue eyed people from the caucus mountains were the superior race. Your hide behind terms like woke mob, left Nazi and lynchings to hide your affinity for those who promote hate and racism. You can believe what ever you want but just know that won't change the facts.

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 05:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2VsZPplug

The Big Lie: Republicans and Democrats Switched Sides on Race (https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/The-Big-Lie-Republicans-and-Democrats-Switched-Policies-on-Race)

insight
08-16-2020, 05:19 PM
Maybe some of the old school Democrats would be Republican today but only because today's Democrats have gone batshit crazy to the left. I would imagine even they would find the positions pushed by AOC and Kamala Harris unrecognizable to what they believed in. But not the ones that supported the measures in that list.

Show me someone(s) that remained slavery advocates that switched over to the Republican Party. Or someone(s) that supported Jim Crow throughout his/her life. Or any that steadfastly supported the lynching of blacks. The Republican Party was the abolitionist party. Why would someone pro-slavery feel comfortable supporting a platform that was antithetical to what he believed in?

Believing in smaller government, protection of life in the womb, not trusting severe liberal bias in the media, having respect for the American flag, loving the country enough to show that respect and being a proponent of a secure border that only allows legal immigration does not mean that someone is a racist. And it certainly doesn't mean they would have supported the atrocities in that list.

Eventually, the Old South also transitioned into the GOP camp. But this was not until the late 1970's and through the 1980's, in response to Reaganite appeal to free-market capitalism, patriotism, protection of the unborn, school prayer and family values. These economic and social issues were far more central to Reagan's message than race, and they struck a chord beyond - no less than within - the South.

Reagan's success, however, was made possible by the sharp leftward move by the Democratic Party, starting with the nomination of George McGovern in 1972 and continuing through the 1970's. This swing to the left, especially on social and cultural issues like school prayer, pornography, recreational drugs and abortion, receives virtually no mention by progressive scholars because it disrupts their thesis that the trend in the South to the GOP was motivated primarily by race.

Survey data show that racism declined dramatically throughout the second half of the twentieth century, and precisely during this period the South moved steadily into the GOP camp. Thus as the South became less racist, it became more Republican.

Death of a Nation (https://www.amazon.com/Death-Nation-Plantation-Politics-Democratic/dp/1250163773/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?cv_ct_cx=death+of+a+nation&dchild=1&keywords=death+of+a+nation&pd_rd_i=1250163773&pd_rd_r=cd5c4319-9d68-432d-9fdd-a17db7ae0b85&pd_rd_w=gdqsB&pd_rd_wg=Uf9QC&pf_rd_p=13bf9bc7-d68d-44c3-9d2e-647020f56802&pf_rd_r=DDFHQ36GWARS30AK4AQ0&psc=1&qid=1597610254&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f)
Dinesh D'Souza
Chapter 8 "Civil Rights and Wrongs: LBJ, Nixon and the Myth of the Southern Strategy"
page 209-210
No singular party is responsible for slavery and racism both parties were complicit. Racial change occurred because whites people acknowledged how black people were being treated was an injustice and actively participated in changing the country. Black people did not defeat the KKK, white people realized hatred based on race was not serving the country and would lead to another civil war. It's not simple as republican or democrat take Herbert Hoover for example who lead the FBI, he was a republican and he called Martin Luther King the most dangerous man in American. The secretly wire tapped him and wrote false news articles to discredit him. Like MLK said people should be judged by the content of their character not the political party they are affiliated with.

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 05:40 PM
I thought it was cool to be a hoe these days?

WAP by Cardi B is getting praised by the liberal community because it showcases African American woman being proud of their bodies and sexuality.

That post was progressive.. am I missing something?

Kblaze8855
08-16-2020, 05:43 PM
Democrats didn’t switch to the Republican Party in the slavery days. It was in the last days of segregation and later as the southen democrats(virtually all of which would be republicans now as are the places they repped) found the national party too liberal. It’s never been r or d. It’s conservative and liberal or progressive or whatever you wanna call it. It’s the traditionalists generally on the wrong side of history in a position to make people ashamed of them. That was democrats and now it’s republicans. The side against whoever wants equal treatment and rights....the side pushing back on social issues the people at that time would call liberal. Whatever you call them they were generally conservative and in the south would run as democrats while openly hating liberals and claiming to be conservatives.

Read the speeches these people gave. They were not “liberals” they were conservatives. Southern democrats(exactly the people in question on most of those issues posted) would absolutely not be democrats now and that’s just how it is. Even then they didn’t claim the national party. They are did exactly what I showed you them saying themselves.

They were Alabama democrats. Mississippi democrats. Democrat is what you called yourself to get into the primary vote for the party sure to win elections in the south. You might be a liberal, moderate, or conservative....but you had a D by your name.

Calling all those people democrats as if reflects anything modern is just meme bullshit to mislead people on Facebook. Nobody in the ****ing klan in 1918 Alabama is voting for Biden in this election vs Trump. Get real.

All the kinds of people in question would be republicans today. Those were not progressive types. When they died out is a matter of speculation but most of them would never have a D in 2020. They would socially be more conservative than republicans are now and flat out hate what they would perceive modern democrats to be.

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Nobody in the ****ing klan in 1918 Alabama is voting for Biden in this election vs Trump. Get real.

It depends on whether they are focused on the perception or the reality.

Biden:
https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/trump-not-biden-has-helped-make-black-lives-better/

https://i.postimg.cc/5yrYgQHc/Biden-and-Blacks.png

Trump:
https://www.newsmax.com/jackbrewer/trump-obama-hbcu-food-stamps/2019/07/12/id/924217/
https://godfatherpolitics.com/black-unemployment-is-at-its-lowest-level-ever-in-age-of-trump/

https://i.postimg.cc/y8MG5fqx/Trump-and-blacks-New-York-Post.png

https://i.postimg.cc/gJVb4CnG/Trump-and-blacks-GFP.png

Certainly voting for Trump would not coincide with what a Klansman would want. Unless the Klansman decided to play chess and strive to dirty Trump by association and feed into a racist narrative the media has been promoting. But there's nothing a Klansman would have in common with Trump or the vast majority of people that vote for Trump.

Kblaze8855
08-16-2020, 06:51 PM
A klansman would likely be a southern white male who considered himself very Christian. He’s not voting democrat even if we set aside the rest of his activity.

By the way....you know who else claimed to be incredibly pro black and hated the liberal media for their portrayal of people like him as racist?

George Wallace. The ultra conservative Alabama democrat.

You can’t talk about law and order unless they want to call you a racist. I tell you that’s not true and I resent it and they gonna have to pay attention!

He and all the other southern democrats who passed and supported all the shitty laws the north had to take out would be republican. These things were republican or Democrat. They were North vs south. Go read the voting on the civil rights act. And before you come back and tell me the percentages read where the voters were from.

The entire opposition to it were southern democrats. And in the south the republicans didn’t vote for it either. Only one senator from a state that was in the confederacy voted for it. Only 8 in the house.

The people against it were conservatives in southern states. It was led by Strom Thurmond(changed to republican) and Richard Russell who actually founded the Conservative coalition.

Just stop with the bullshit and listen to these people’s speeches. Southern democrats were absolutely conservatives no matter what title you wanna put on them. They would have been pissed to be called liberal which is why they would openly campaign as southern democrats or Dixiecrats.

Practically every one of them would be a republican today. They went on and on about liberals, big government, and traditional values. These were conservatives with a D by their names and I already showed you one of them explaining why.

The word democrat was required to win an election in the south....till national democrats pushed for civil rights starting in the 48 convention. Dixiecrats are republicans today and anyone honest can see it. I’m in South Carolina. I’m from a very serious voting family. I came up on Strom Thurmond. My great grandmother was a republican when she began voting(born in 1902...she was in the first generation of female voters). Guess when she changed parties?

The same time the national change happened. It wasn’t all at once...but the shit happened.

insight
08-16-2020, 07:45 PM
It depends on whether they are focused on the perception or the reality.

Biden:
https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/trump-not-biden-has-helped-make-black-lives-better/

https://i.postimg.cc/5yrYgQHc/Biden-and-Blacks.png

Trump:
https://www.newsmax.com/jackbrewer/trump-obama-hbcu-food-stamps/2019/07/12/id/924217/
https://godfatherpolitics.com/black-unemployment-is-at-its-lowest-level-ever-in-age-of-trump/

https://i.postimg.cc/y8MG5fqx/Trump-and-blacks-New-York-Post.png

https://i.postimg.cc/gJVb4CnG/Trump-and-blacks-GFP.png

Certainly voting for Trump would not coincide with what a Klansman would want. Unless the Klansman decided to play chess and strive to dirty Trump by association and feed into a racist narrative the media has been promoting. But there's nothing a Klansman would have in common with Trump or the vast majority of people that vote for Trump.

There are Klan leaders who have already supported Trump. This is well documented, but people can choose who they want to support but don't distort facts.
https://thegrio.com/2020/07/09/david-duke-endorses-trump/

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 08:01 PM
A klansman would likely be a southern white male who considered himself very Christian. He’s not voting democrat even if we set aside the rest of his activity.

By the way....you know who else claimed to be incredibly pro black and hated the liberal media for their portrayal of people like him as racist?

George Wallace. The ultra conservative Alabama democrat.

He and all the other southern democrats who passed and supported all the shitty laws the north had to take out would be republican. These things were republican or Democrat. They were North vs south. Go read the voting on the civil rights act. And before you come back and tell me the percentages read where the voters were from.

The entire opposition to it were southern democrats. And in the south the republicans didn’t vote for it either. Only one senator from a state that was in the confederacy voted for it. Only 8 in the house.

The people against it were conservatives in southern states. It was led by Strom Thurmond(changed to republican) and Richard Russell who actually founded the Conservative coalition.

Just stop with the bullshit and listen to these people’s speeches. Southern democrats were absolutely conservatives no matter what title you wanna put on them. They would have been pissed to be called liberal which is why they would openly campaign as southern democrats or Dixiecrats.

Practically every one of them would be a republican today. They went on and on about liberals, big government, and traditional values. These were conservatives with a D by their names and I already showed you one of them explaining why.

The word democrat was required to win an election in the south....till national democrats pushed for civil rights starting in the 48 convention. Dixiecrats are republicans today and anyone honest can see it. I’m in South Carolina. I’m from a very serious voting family. I came up on Strom Thurmond. My great grandmother was a republican when she began voting(born in 1902...she was in the first generation of female voters). Guess when she changed parties?

The same time the national change happened. It wasn’t all at once...but the shit happened.

This is why I doubt that Dixiecrats would be Republicans today: There are deeper levels of agreement with the Democrat Party.

Pro-choice (Slavery then vs Abortion today)

Here we see the resemblance (of slavery) to the Democrats' contemporary position on abortion. Both are efforts to take something that destroys the life and liberty of another, and make it into a political good. Both embrace the high ground of freedom or "choice" in order to cancel out the choices of others. Both use the language of democracy to deny the fundamental equality of others who are somehow placed outside the orbit of humanity.

Yes, Lincoln said, democracy involves the right to choose, but the right to choose cannot be defended without considering what is being chosen. Pro-choice, in other words, depends for its validity on the content of the choice. How, Lincoln asked, can Douglass Democrats invoke "choice" to deprive black people of their right to choose? Can popular consent legitimately take away other people's right to consent? Lincoln insisted that it could not. Hillary's America (https://www.amazon.com/Hillarys-America-Secret-History-Democratic/dp/1621573478/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=hillary%27s+america&qid=1597621966&sr=8-5), page 79-80.

Job Competition (Slavery then vs Illegal immigration today)

Slavery, Lincoln knew, hurt the value of people's work because it placed them in competition with slaves who worked for nothing. Today's Republicans make a similar point about illegal immigrant labor. Illegal immigrants don't have to pay taxes. For this and other reasons, they can price their labor markedly below that of citizens. Consequently, illegal immigration harms the upward mobility of American workers. Hillary's America, page 83

The underlying premise that justified slavery and the dehumanization of blacks is the same premise that justifies abortion and the dehumanization of unborn babies today. The underlying premise that justifies slavery and the devaluation of a man's work is the same premise that justifies allowing 11 million immigrants to jump the line and freely come into the country to compete with Americans for jobs. I also believe that Dixiecrats would feel more at home, even if they were conservative, in a Party that uses identity politics to keep Americans separated and distrustful of each other (modern segregation), uses political correctness to shut down opposing views and labels anyone that disagrees as evil. I think these connections would hold more sway to Dixiecrats than mere conservatism if they were transported to today.

Da_Realist
08-16-2020, 08:05 PM
There are Klan leaders who have already supported Trump. This is well documented, but people can choose who they want to support but don't distort facts.
https://thegrio.com/2020/07/09/david-duke-endorses-trump/

Hillary Clinton Praises ‘Friend and Mentor’ Robert Byrd (a KKK Recruiter) (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2016/08/25/hillary-clinton-friend-mentor-robert-byrd-kkk/)

Joe Biden Eulogized the KKK Kleagle at His Funeral (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/update-joe-biden-biden-eulogized-the-kkk-kleagle-at-his-funeral-then-compares-president-trump-to-the-kkk/)

Hillary Clinton praises racist Margaret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood (https://saynsumthn.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/hillary-clinton-praises-racist-margaret-sanger-founder-of-planned-parenthood/#:~:text=Hillary%20Clinton%20praises%20racist%20Ma rgaret%20Sanger%20founder%20of,by%20the%20Klan%20t o%20give%20them%20a%20speech.)

“I admire Margaret Sanger enormously. Her courage, her tenacity, her vision.”

“When I think about what [Sanger] did all those years ago in Brooklyn,” Clinton gushed. “I am really in awe of her. And there are a lot of lessons we that can learn from her life and the cause she launched and fought for and sacrificed so greatly.”

LAmbruh
08-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Thought this Jordan stan Da Realist offed himself after the final Last Dance episode aired, dude went from 100 posts daily to 0 overnight

Finally something to bring his ilk back around these parts :oldlol: Anyone seen coach?

Lebron23
08-16-2020, 09:09 PM
Same reasons why Nick Cannon and Paulie Malignalli were both fired they were both unproffesional.

Kblaze8855
08-16-2020, 09:16 PM
This is why I doubt that Dixiecrats would be Republicans today: There are deeper levels of agreement with the Democrat Party.

Pro-choice (Slavery then vs Abortion today)

Here we see the resemblance (of slavery) to the Democrats' contemporary position on abortion. Both are efforts to take something that destroys the life and liberty of another, and make it into a political good. Both embrace the high ground of freedom or "choice" in order to cancel out the choices of others. Both use the language of democracy to deny the fundamental equality of others who are somehow placed outside the orbit of humanity.

Yes, Lincoln said, democracy involves the right to choose, but the right to choose cannot be defended without considering what is being chosen. Pro-choice, in other words, depends for its validity on the content of the choice. How, Lincoln asked, can Douglass Democrats invoke "choice" to deprive black people of their right to choose? Can popular consent legitimately take away other people's right to consent? Lincoln insisted that it could not. Hillary's America (https://www.amazon.com/Hillarys-America-Secret-History-Democratic/dp/1621573478/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=hillary%27s+america&qid=1597621966&sr=8-5), page 79-80.

Job Competition (Slavery then vs Illegal immigration today)

Slavery, Lincoln knew, hurt the value of people's work because it placed them in competition with slaves who worked for nothing. Today's Republicans make a similar point about illegal immigrant labor. Illegal immigrants don't have to pay taxes. For this and other reasons, they can price their labor markedly below that of citizens. Consequently, illegal immigration harms the upward mobility of American workers. Hillary's America, page 83

The underlying premise that justified slavery and the dehumanization of blacks is the same premise that justifies abortion and the dehumanization of unborn babies today. The underlying premise that justifies slavery and the devaluation of a man's work is the same premise that justifies allowing 11 million immigrants to jump the line and freely come into the country to compete with Americans for jobs. I also believe that Dixiecrats would feel more at home, even if they were conservative, in a Party that uses identity politics to keep Americans separated and distrustful of each other (modern segregation), uses political correctness to shut down opposing views and labels anyone that disagrees as evil. I think these connections would hold more sway to Dixiecrats than mere conservatism if they were transported to today.

You are stretching to the ends of the earth on this bs. They were a bunch of southern, conservative, Christian, white males. Any combo of 3 of those makes you a likely red voter and they were almost universally all 5.

Even the ones who didn’t do the paperwork were obviously modern conservatives. Here’s one who came to hate national democrats explaining why:

"Have you ever seen a 72-year-old man flip-flop?" he demanded. It is the national party that has changed, he insists, by veering left and abandoning its once-loyal conservative southern constituency

They weren’t shy about explaining it. The only people who don’t seem to know what happened are people pretending to be stupid on the internet to connect modern democrats and policies of conservative southern white men of the 1920s.

kabacho
08-16-2020, 09:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DDN5jsK/1597617622921.jpg (https://ibb.co/DDN5jsK)

bobopenguin
08-16-2020, 09:38 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/e9f459c14b9bfd163c11ebbaf36b7f76/tenor.gif

fsvr54
08-16-2020, 09:53 PM

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

baudkarma
08-16-2020, 11:00 PM
Many times when a person is fired from their job, it's because of an accumulation of things, not just a single action. This guy might have been on thin ice already, and this was just the last straw.

jbryan1984
08-17-2020, 05:37 PM
The world is just too serious

ralph_i_el
08-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Kamala did get her first job in politics by being the sidepiece for the Mayor of SF. This is not a joke.

https://mediadc.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/b468f1d/2147483647/strip/true/crop/455x257+0+0/resize/455x257!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2Fbe% 2F27%2Fd438102242b4995f7f0b6926ad7d%2Fimg-0289.jpg

ralph_i_el
08-17-2020, 07:39 PM
If you're citing Dinesh D'Souza, you are very misguided. I don't have time to explain why. Read this
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/12/who-are-the-real-nazis

Smoke117
08-17-2020, 09:47 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Whoah10115
08-17-2020, 10:15 PM
Man...it's pretty remarkable that you have someone going on and on in an effort to refrain from acknowledging the other being right.

Instead of telling everyone that Democrats are bad -which is irrelevant because this isn't a political thread- how about you take ownership of the fact that your idea of what a Democrat is, is far from what it was before. It isn't about anyone went crazy. Democrats went left and Republicans right.

What your little picture showed, regarding all the evil perpetuated by Democrats, is the antithesis of what you wanna say. Because those Democrats aren't Democrats anymore. So whatever point you think you're making, you are NOT making. So stop coming back with responses. If you genuinely believe in what you're saying, don't try and make everything you say, right.

Not that I would have posted anything like that about Republicans. See, people can disagree. People can be at odds in particular times. But no decent person arguing on merit, or arguing with decency, posts something that calls out entire groups of people with GENERAL positions and accuses them of being murderers.

That's not what people do.

Also, that Kamala Harris pic there could be funny on a message board, but it's also pretty bad if you don't understand the general issue here. But hey, make a single mom joke..preferably to the face of a child of a single mom.

Lebowski
08-18-2020, 02:48 AM
And it's very unproffesional to call a woman a hoe.

I am surprised it only took 19 posts for someone to post this. Especially on this message board.

GimmeThat
08-18-2020, 03:19 AM
reminder: Monica Lewinsky was an intern. This is just about as much as I can do on saving George Washington from replacing Kamala Harris on the meme.

Rudeboy3
08-18-2020, 03:30 AM
I'm not even american, why do i know who this thot is
https://i.imgur.com/vbctvls.gif