PDA

View Full Version : Are Portland the most talented 8th seed of all time?

Manny98
08-15-2020, 05:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rFQ8RpW8/1046296274.jpg

Manny98
08-15-2020, 05:58 PM
You have Lillard who's playing at a MVP level right now

CJ who's an offensive star who can go off for 30 on any given night

Nurkic who can give you 20/10 with 2 blocks, basically all star center numbers

You have Carmelo Anthony in his best shape of his career since his Knicks days

Then you have Hassan Whiteside who's basically an all star coming off the bench

And then quality role players like Gary Trent who can contribute

I'm struggling to think of a 8th seed more loaded than these Blazers,

Stephonit
08-15-2020, 06:13 PM
They're going to get swept.

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 06:13 PM
den with melo/ai/kenyon/camby/jr

Manny98
08-15-2020, 06:22 PM
den with melo/ai/kenyon/camby/jr
Denver AI was nowhere near as good as current Lillard

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 06:23 PM
Denver AI was nowhere near as good as current Lillard

current cj is nowhere as good as den melo

Lebron23
08-15-2020, 06:25 PM
They made it to the western conference finals last season.

Manny98
08-15-2020, 06:29 PM
current cj is nowhere as good as den melo
Ok so if Dame/CJ = AI/Melo

Blazers still have Nurkic who's easily better on anyone on those Nuggets + Melo,Trent and Whiteside

+ as LeBron23 said a worse version of these Blazers went to the conference finals last season whilst the Nuggets go swept in the first round

tontoz
08-15-2020, 06:29 PM
They've had a lot of injuries otherwise they wouldnt be the 8th seed. They are still missing Ariza and Hood.

Nurkic has looked like an oaf at times, fumbling the ball and missing layups.

My vote would go to the 06/07 Warriors that beat the top seed Mavs.

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 06:37 PM

Blazers still have Nurkic who's easily better on anyone on those Nuggets + Melo,Trent and Whiteside

+ as LeBron23 said a worse version of these Blazers went to the conference finals last season whilst the Nuggets go swept in the first round

worse? hood's better than melo and they had better depth last year with guys like seth curry and aminu. We're talking about raw talent so a sweep doesnt matter. Camby was the best shot blocker in the league kenyon former all star and young jr had plenty of talent.

If you're talking about better teams not just raw talent than 2014 mavs have a good case, dont think blazers will nearly as competitive vs the lakers

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Definitely up there. Gotta be the best 8th seed Bron has faced, I think.

Good call on the '07 Dubs though. They were gritty and loaded with talent.

72-10
08-15-2020, 06:44 PM
They've had a lot of injuries otherwise they wouldnt be the 8th seed. They are still missing Ariza and Hood.

Nurkic has looked like an oaf at times, fumbling the ball and missing layups.

My vote would go to the 06/07 Warriors that beat the top seed Mavs.

Ariza's lanky frame is helpful for picking the passing lanes and picking up the odd steal on defense. Stephen Jackson lit it up. How could you overlook the 1999 New York Knicks. The 1994 Nuggets were great with Mutombo's defensive helmsmanship, and the 1997 Bullets had Webber, Juwan Howard and Muresan.

fourkicks44
08-15-2020, 06:51 PM
They JUST beat the Grizzlies in a do or die game.

Earlier this week, they JUST beat the Sixers, without Joel or Ben Simmons, in a game they had to win. JRich of all players lit them up for 34.

Sure they are talented and sure Dame has been on fire lately but they have some serious weaknesses right now.

I would not be surprised if the Lakers sweep or win in 5.

Believe it or not the Blazers have become the most overrated team in the bubble.

ImKobe
08-15-2020, 06:55 PM
2007 GSW with Baron Davis, S-Jax & J-Rich, beat 67-win Mavs
2008 Nuggets with AI/Melo/K-Mart/Camby/JR
2010 Thunder, took Lakers to 6 games, nearly went 7
2011 Grizzlies w/ Z-bo/Marc Gasol/Mike Conley/Tony Allen, beat the 61-win Spurs

Portland's definitely in the convo, need to at least make the 1st round exciting to have a legitimate claim as the best one though.

NugzFan
08-15-2020, 07:29 PM

You mean nurkic is better than anyone else on the nuggets team right?

AlternativeAcc.
08-15-2020, 07:38 PM
Championship caliber roster.

Would likely be 2 or 3 seed without injuries.

Literally better than any team Jordan ever faced sans the 80s Celtics.

Insane

Manny98
08-15-2020, 07:41 PM
You mean nurkic is better than anyone else on the nuggets team right?
He is

He's currently putting up 20/10 with 5 assists and 2 blocks per 36, those are all star center numbers

Camby was a beast defensively but he's not half of the offensive force Nurkic is

AlternativeAcc.
08-15-2020, 07:44 PM
He is

He's currently putting up 20/10 with 5 assists and 2 blocks per 36, those are all star center numbers

Camby was a beast defensively but he's not half of the offensive force Nurkic is
Blazers have arguably the best big 3 in the league

Nurkic is BIG TIME

tpols
08-15-2020, 07:47 PM
He is

Marcus Camby was a DPOY... Nurkic is a bad defender and sub 20 ppg scorer. He's a nice little piece but nothing crazy. Teams would rather have prime kenyon martin and marcus camby over nurkic and alex collins.

Manny98
08-15-2020, 07:52 PM
Marcus Camby was a DPOY... Nurkic is a bad defender and sub 20 ppg scorer. He's a nice little piece but nothing crazy. Teams would rather have prime kenyon martin and marcus camby over nurkic and alex collins.
Except Kenyon Martin was past his best by 08 coming of knee surgery & Camby was approaching his mid 30s

Manny98
08-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Blazers have arguably the best big 3 in the league

Nurkic is BIG TIME

They're absolutely LOADED

They literally have the best shot blocker/rebounder in the NBA coming off the bench

ImKobe
08-15-2020, 07:58 PM

Insane

Literally better, but struggled to beat the Sixers, Mavs, Nets & Grizzlies with the season on the line. They couldn't even close out a game against the Clippers' 3rd stringers :kobe: That team minus Nurkic was going to miss the Playoffs. lol.

Axe
08-15-2020, 08:06 PM

Insane
Dafuq? :lol

NBAGOAT
08-15-2020, 08:10 PM

Nurks a good defender hasn’t shown it since he’s playing 40min a game in the bubble. I take him over camby or Martin when they were with den. Ops massively overrating whiteside and melo however

Tobio-Star
08-15-2020, 08:18 PM
If LeBron sweeps this sacked team with so little help, itll prove once and for all that he is the Greatest Of All Time

Roundball_Rock
08-15-2020, 08:20 PM
I think so. The 99' Knicks came to mind but they had no one comparable to Lillard and their top players>the 99' Knicks'. The Knicks had great defense and that would be the argument for them but in talent the two teams aren't close.

Tobio-Star
08-15-2020, 08:23 PM
I cant wait until after game 1 when LeBron blows them out and people say "but we never said they were a threat", "it was a one man show anyway", "Lillard is overrated", "CJ's back was hurt", "Melo is washed up"

Its gonna be sooo funny :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
08-15-2020, 08:30 PM
No excuses. Title or bust.

Axe
08-15-2020, 08:33 PM
I cant wait until after game 1 when LeBron blows them out and people say "but we never said they were a threat", "it was a one man show anyway", "Lillard is overrated", "CJ's back was hurt", "Melo is washed up"

Its gonna be sooo funny :oldlol:
Silly projections like this only make the lakers look more overrated. Give it up, kid. Just shut up ffs and watch the damn game once it starts.

Whoah10115
08-15-2020, 08:34 PM

Teams would not. Not Camby over Nurkic.

NugzFan
08-15-2020, 08:39 PM
He is

Just wanted to be sure I understood your point correctly

tpols
08-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Teams would not. Not Camby over Nurkic.

Depends what team, but sure many would. Jah wouldn't have eviscerated Marcus like he did Nurkic today. Camby was an incredibly impactful defensive player in a way Nurkic has never been. Also a better rebounder. Nurk has offense but he's a 15 ppg player right now, and offense is the only thing he can hang his hat on. You guys are hyping him like he's a 20-25 ppg player.

Tobio-Star
08-15-2020, 08:51 PM
I hope Lillard can shoot from near half-court above 50%, otherwise its gonna look very ugly. Portland wont even be able to approach the 3pt line when Lakers activate playoffs defense

Hey Yo
08-15-2020, 09:35 PM
I think so. The 99' Knicks came to mind but they had no one comparable to Lillard and their top players>the 99' Knicks'. The Knicks had great defense and that would be the argument for them but in talent the two teams aren't close.

Yeah... those Knicks were an Allan Houston missed floater in the last seconds to be sent home packing in the first round by Miami.

Never dreamed they'd get to the Finals which also puts another red mark on Reggie Miller's career. Getting knocked out (as the heavy favorites) by an 8 seed in the ECF.

Roundball_Rock
08-15-2020, 09:49 PM
Yeah... those Knicks were an Allan Houston missed floater in the last seconds to be sent home packing in the first round by Miami.

Never dreamed they'd get to the Finals which also puts another red mark on Reggie Miller's career. Getting knocked out (as the heavy favorites) by an 8 seed in the ECF.

Good points. Also a black mark on Zo and Hardaway, although they aren't high enough AT for it to really matter.

Miller gets hyped on ISH for allegedly being a great scorer but he was 16/4/2 in the ECF. Houston outplayed him at SG as did Sprewell, Camby, LJ. 98' and 99' were his best shots at chips and he didn't shows up for either ECF. Not only was it an 8 seed, it was an 8 seed that lost Ewing early in the series and Indiana still lost.

Carbine
08-15-2020, 10:06 PM
The Lakers won't have much issue with Portland.

You have to play defense to beat the Lakers. Portland plays none, relatively speaking.

HoopsNY
08-15-2020, 10:26 PM
The '89 Celtics come to mind. McHale-Parish-Lewis-Ainge-DJ were a pretty solid lineup.

My '99 Knicks!!! First 8th seed to make it the finals. I'll never forget that season. It was remarkable and had NYC jumpin. The downfall was Ewing getting hurt in the playoffs followed by the LJ injury. Otherwise, Ewing-Camby-LJ-Spreewell-Houston-Ward-Thomas-Childs were a great 8th seed.

The '08 Nuggets were a great 8th seed given the fact that they won 50 games and had AI-Melo-Camby-Martin-Smith.

Can't forget the '97 Bullets that had Webber-Howard-Strickland-Murray--Muresan.

NugzFan
08-15-2020, 11:37 PM
Depends what team, but sure many would. Jah wouldn't have eviscerated Marcus like he did Nurkic today. Camby was an incredibly impactful defensive player in a way Nurkic has never been. Also a better rebounder. Nurk has offense but he's a 15 ppg player right now, and offense is the only thing he can hang his hat on. You guys are hyping him like he's a 20-25 ppg player.

Imagine nurkic’s ppg if he was a #1 or 2 option? Or didn’t play with an amazing backcourt that makes his job so easy

BigtimeNBAFan
08-15-2020, 11:50 PM
99 Knicks basically had 4 all star level players all in their prime except for Ewing (Houston, Sprewell and Larry Johnson all made multiple all star games) and only were the 8 seed because it was a shortened season. They also made the finals which is two rounds further than any other 8 seed has ever gone. They are the best 8 seed ever and not only made the finals in 99, but made the conference finals the year before and the year after. They were a very good team.

As for second best ever, Portland is certainly in the running. Portland is a 50 win team this year if Nurk, Collins and Hood don't go down. Of course the Nuggets in 08 were actually a 50 win team and the 2014 Mavs were a 49 win team.

Bronbron23
08-16-2020, 09:10 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/rFQ8RpW8/1046296274.jpg

No they're gonna get crushed. They're led by 2 guys that cant defend and a big thats soft as baby shit. They'll be lucky to win one.

Stop trying to make excuses in case lakers lose dip shit. They'll be fine.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-16-2020, 06:12 PM
Lakers will win the series, but I don't think it will be a sweep. Lakers have glaring holes on their roster and have their own struggles defensively. It will be a series of high scoring games with Lillard dropping 50 and getting Portland a victory.

Axe
08-16-2020, 07:19 PM
No they're gonna get crushed. They're led by 2 guys that cant defend and a big thats soft as baby shit. They'll be lucky to win one.

Stop trying to make excuses in case lakers lose dip shit. They'll be fine.
Ariza could help them somehow in defense if he's playing but unfortunately, he won't be available this time.

kawhileonard2
08-16-2020, 08:51 PM
1998 Rockets with Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 09:04 PM
Healthy blazers are a top 50 all-time team

Dame, CJ, and Nurk at their peaks.

Dams is a rich man's curry who is proven cold blooded clutch.

This is an absolute nightmare matchup for the Lakers

Can't believe LeBron is once again facing ridiculously tough comp in the playoffs from the onset

****!!

HBK_Kliq_2
08-16-2020, 09:22 PM
Mavs are the best 7th seed of all time by offensive rating and point differential as well. Blazers are up there for 8th seed. CJ bragging about scoring on a rookie point guard is pretty lame though, makes you not want to cheer for them.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-16-2020, 09:25 PM

Can't believe LeBron is once again facing ridiculously tough comp in the playoffs from the onset

****!!

Top 50 team ever? Now you're going too far. Lillard is the king of sweeps. When lillard loses, he doesn't just lose but he gets his ass handed to him. Rich man's curry? He just got destroyed by Curry last year.

Bronbron23
08-16-2020, 09:45 PM

****!!

Top 50 all time? Wtf you smoking bruh:facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2020, 09:59 PM
Definitely up there. Gotta be the best 8th seed Bron has faced, I think.

Good call on the '07 Dubs though. They were gritty and loaded with talent.
I bet you can’t wait, like the rest of us, to see clown ass LeTeam Hopper get treated like Westbrick did by Dame Dolla in the first round. :oldlol:

Bronbron23
08-16-2020, 10:20 PM
How insecure are bron stans that they feel the need to prop up a weak 8th seed team in case their guy loses.

LAmbruh
08-16-2020, 10:35 PM
Basically a better version of the WCF Blazers from last year

Nick Wright was 100% on point when he said this chip is worth 2 if Lakers pull it off

WOO! Lets GO :banana:

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Top 50 team ever? Now you're going too far. Lillard is the king of sweeps. When lillard loses, he doesn't just lose but he gets his ass handed to him. Rich man's curry? He just got destroyed by Curry last year.

Lillard has better career numbers than curry despite being on much worse rosters. If you put Lillard in place of curry from 2015 on theyd have won 5 straight without KD

Lillard has several iconic playoff moments to currys zero. Remember, curry has played on all time stacked teams but still has no great playoff moments... that is so absurdly sad its not even funny.

The comparison isn't close to me. Dame is just so much better.

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 10:56 PM
Top 50 all time? Wtf you smoking bruh:facepalm
Rich mans steph... superstar SG... BIG DICK NURK... all star Whiteside

Name a team with two star guards and two star bigs... in history

Name them. Please name them off.

Dame averages 30/8/4 and is absolutely cold blooded.

He's surrounded by stars and great role players.

Name 50 better teams

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2020, 11:02 PM
How insecure are bron stans that they feel the need to prop up a weak 8th seed team in case their guy loses.

I mean LeBron is a loser. 3 for 9. LeLottery without AD last year. His fans that support that loser are even bigger losers. Constantly making excuses.

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Blazers have 4 all star caliber players to Lakers 2

Blazers have better role players to boot

This series isn't close on paper

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-16-2020, 11:07 PM
I bet you can’t wait, like the rest of us, to see clown ass LeTeam Hopper get treated like Westbrick did by Dame Dolla in the first round. :oldlol:

Not on your rag today? :oldlol:

I just wanna see a good series, wherever the chips fall. The matchup most of us look forward to is the Clippers/Lakers. Bron and Kawhi. Some might say THAT is the finals.

I mean LeBron is a loser. 3 for 9. LeLottery without AD last year. His fans that support that loser are even bigger losers. Constantly making excuses.

Isn't Bron like #2 on your all time list? You flip-flop a ton so maybe that changed.

LAmbruh
08-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Blazers have 4 all star caliber players to Lakers 2

Blazers have better role players to boot

This series isn't close on paper

I'm honestly shook to face the Blazers

Our hardest WCF competition last time we were relevant was Carmelo, now he's the 5th option threat in the first round :biggums:

AlternativeAcc.
08-16-2020, 11:15 PM
I'm honestly shook to face the Blazers

Our hardest WCF competition last time we were relevant was Carmelo, now he's the 5th option threat in the first round :biggums:
Lakers will essentially have to face 3 championship caliber teams just to make the finals

That's never happened before in league history

This is the toughest road ever, and they have no home court advantage even though they earned it.

Unbelievable

SamuraiSWISH
08-16-2020, 11:19 PM
Not on your rag today? :oldlol:

I just wanna see a good series, wherever the chips fall. The matchup most of us look forward to is the Clippers/Lakers. Bron and Kawhi. Some might say THAT is the finals.

Isn't Bron like #2 on your all time list? You flip-flop a ton so maybe that changed.
Rag?

:oldlol:

Coming from you? You’ve been in full blown kuntniva LeBron dick sucking mode for weeks.

I had him at that but it was always in flux and his career was still playing out. And I waffled at the idea but that was pre more team hopping, lottery 2019 season, and needing to manipulate to get AD to LA to save him and that franchise.

AD is the reason for the massive turn around.

And just thinking about the context of his career and “accomplishments” ... top ten, yes. But nah number 2 is a stretch. Bill Russell. He won.

But in all sincerity none of it matters. Mike is number one easily with a bullet, and everyone else is arguing for second place, TBH.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-16-2020, 11:36 PM
Rag?

:oldlol:

Coming from you? You’ve been in full blown kuntniva LeBron dick sucking mode for weeks.

I had him at that but it was always in flux and his career was still playing out. And I waffled at the idea but that was pre more team hopping, lottery 2019 season, and needing to manipulate to get AD to LA to save him and that franchise.

AD is the reason for the massive turn around.

And just thinking about the context of his career and “accomplishments” ... top ten, yes. But nah number 2 is a stretch. Bill Russell. He won.

But in all sincerity none of it matters. Mike is number one easily with a bullet, and everyone else is arguing for second place, TBH.

lol

I talk hoops while you stay making weird innuendos about genitalia. Not judging you, but I don't swing that way man.

Mike is number one and by your own admission everyone else is #2. Including Bron arguably. Dude is 35 now and had one of the best seasons ever for his age. Your "loser" talk doesn't make sense and sounds irrational.

Shooter
08-17-2020, 12:20 AM
Basically a better version of the WCF Blazers from last year

Nick Wright was 100% on point when he said this chip is worth 2 if Lakers pull it off

WOO! Lets GO :banana:

We did it again! :hammertime:

FireDavidKahn
08-17-2020, 12:39 AM
Blazers are now HEAVY favorites. Only LeKing could get the Lakers past the Blazers

Manny98
08-17-2020, 03:26 AM
Name a more talented 8th seed then and I'll prove how Portland are more stacked.

Spurs m8
08-17-2020, 04:22 AM
LeExcuses have already begun, why am I not surprised

Its no wonder this loser breeds loser stans

Spurs m8
08-17-2020, 04:22 AM
Blazers are now HEAVY favorites. Only LeKing could get the Lakers past the Blazers

You are pathetic

LAmbruh
08-17-2020, 04:33 AM
Appreciate the 5* btw

Spurs m8
08-17-2020, 05:09 AM
Appreciate the 5* btw

You forgot to switch alts, wheels.

Lebron23
08-17-2020, 07:07 AM
LeExcuses have already begun, why am I not surprised

Its no wonder this loser breeds loser stans

Just shut up cashew 2.0

Spurs m8
08-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Just shut up cashew 2.0

Cringe

Everything about your profile is cringe

LAmbruh
08-17-2020, 08:03 AM
Just shut up cashew 2.0

:roll:

AlternativeAcc.
08-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Just shut up cashew 2.0

:roll::lol

FireDavidKahn
08-17-2020, 08:10 AM
You are pathetic

????

This is what OP is saying.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 08:35 AM
Name a more talented 8th seed then and I'll prove how Portland are more stacked.

Offensively? Theres probably not many. There is this thing called defense though which is kind of important and they're probably one of the worst 8th seeds ever defensively. Add that all up and they're no better than alot of 8th seeds. Sure than score but they can't defend for shit. Lillard, cj, melo and nurk. Are you flicking serious? A college team could go out and score a 100 on that squad:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
08-17-2020, 08:41 AM
Offensively? Theres probably not many. There is this thing called defense though which is kind of important and they're probably one of the worst 8th seeds ever defensively. Add that all up and they're no better than alot of 8th seeds. Sure than score but they can't defend for shit. Lillard, cj, melo and nurk. Are you flicking serious? A college team could go out and score a 100 on that squad:facepalm

Offensively, defensively, whatever, they're the best 8th seed ever and its not even close.

They're a WCF team which got better....

go figure.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Rich mans steph... superstar SG... BIG DICK NURK... all star Whiteside

Name a team with two star guards and two star bigs... in history

Name them. Please name them off.

Dame averages 30/8/4 and is absolutely cold blooded.

He's surrounded by stars and great role players.

Name 50 better teams

Dude theres 200 plus better teams so take your pick. You guys dont know shit about basketball. Yeah they're are talented offensively but they rely way to much on insanely tough shots from dame.

And what about the other half of the game bruh are you serious? They're one of the worst defensive teams ive ever seen make the playoffs. Who in the hell are dame, cj, nurk and melo gonna gaurd lol. Lakers are gonna have a field day. Blazers will be lucky to win 1.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 08:50 AM
Offensively, defensively, whatever, they're the best 8th seed ever and its not even close.

They're a WCF team which got better....

go figure.

Its not whatever dude defense matters and they are absolute trash defensively. Yall insecure bron stans can prop them up all you want to protect your king and your fragile little selves in case they lose but they're just not that good and yall can chill because its gonna be easy work.

Gray GOAT
08-17-2020, 08:50 AM
Appreciate the 5* btw

:cheers:

E_Stamkos
08-17-2020, 09:17 AM
If you turds exerted as much energy as you do in your real lives as you do spinning these pathetic narratives, you wouldn't be looked upon in embarrassment by each of your mother's.

Manny98
08-17-2020, 09:41 AM
Name a better 8th seed then.

Manny98
08-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Dallas who are statistically the greatest offensive team in NBA history are the seventh seed in the West

A team consisting of Lillard, Nurkic,Melo & McCollum who went to the conference finals last year are the 8th seed this year

This is EASILY the most stacked conference in NBA history. Just making it out of the West would be equivalent to a championship itself

+ The fact there is no homecourt advantage this year putting high seeds at a disadvantage

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Name a better 8th seed then. i dont need to theres so many i shouldn't have to. Once again, portland cant defend. They are one of the worst defensive teams to ever make the playoffs. If you know the game thats all you should need to know. Lakers are going to absolutely destroy them.

Derka
08-17-2020, 11:09 AM
I'm excited for this series and not because I want the Lakers to lose, as every Celtics fan should. I just love the matchup. Dame's the best player in the bubble by a mile. Lebron's a top 5 ever. No 1-8 series has any business being this interesting.

Manny98
08-17-2020, 11:31 AM
i dont need to theres so many i shouldn't have to. Once again, portland cant defend. They are one of the worst defensive teams to ever make the playoffs. If you know the game thats all you should need to know. Lakers are going to absolutely destroy them.
Why are you ducking the question? :lol

Name one that's better than these Blazers

insidious301
08-17-2020, 11:48 AM
i dont need to theres so many i shouldn't have to. Once again, portland cant defend. They are one of the worst defensive teams to ever make the playoffs. If you know the game thats all you should need to know. Lakers are going to absolutely destroy them.

Who are the better 8 seeds all time?

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 11:49 AM
Why are you ducking the question? :lol

Name one that's better than these Blazers

Im not ducking it, its just a pointless question. Blazers are terrible defensively. That has a huge impact in a game. All your gonna do is talk about how good they are offensively and we have no way to determine the difference so really neither one of us knows. All i know is that there problems defensively makes it dumb to claim them as the best 8th seed ever.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 12:00 PM
Who are the better 8 seeds all time?

2007 denver for sure and 2009 okc for sure. Denver were close to as good offensively but much better defensively. 2009 okc were young but they were insanely talented offensively and they were a top 10 defense. Im sure there are plenty of other teams but its hard to determine how much impact those teams better defense accounts for. All i know is defense is half the game and portland is probably one of the worst teams defensively ever to make the playoffs. You guys are only thinking about half of the game when you talk about this portland team

insidious301
08-17-2020, 12:07 PM
2007 denver for sure and 2009 okc for sure. Denver were close to as good offensively but much better defensively. 2009 okc were young but they were insanely talented offensively and they were a top 10 defense. Im sure there are plenty of other teams but its hard to determine how much impact those teams better defense accounts for. All i know is defense is half the game and portland is probably one of the worst teams defensively ever to make the playoffs. You guys are only thinking about half of the game when you talk about this portland team

I never made a claim either way. You denounced Portland so I wanted to know who you actually thought was better. Denver wasn't an 8th seed in 2007 and the Thunder didn't make the playoffs in 2009. Not sure what you are talking about.

Manny98
08-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Portland are not that bad defensively they have Nurkic & Whiteside who combine for 5 blocks per game and Trent is a solid perimeter defender

Talent wise you're taking Lillard alone over anyone on those Nuggets & you throw in CJ & McCollum who are playing at a all star level, you're taking those Blazers anyday

tpols
08-17-2020, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the '86 Bulls. 44 ppg MJ and 20 ppg Wooldridge... charles oakley too. I'm easily taking that "Big 3" over dame, CJ and nurk.

Phoenix
08-17-2020, 12:16 PM
Dallas who are statistically the greatest offensive team in NBA history are the seventh seed in the West

A team consisting of Lillard, Nurkic,Melo & McCollum who went to the conference finals last year are the 8th seed this year

This is EASILY the most stacked conference in NBA history. Just making it out of the West would be equivalent to a championship itself

+ The fact there is no homecourt advantage this year putting high seeds at a disadvantage

Are you concerned?

nineiron
08-17-2020, 12:17 PM
LMFAO @ all these bransexuals

OP made this thread to protect his boyfriend, lechoke.

if they lose, "this is the most stacked 8th seed in the history of life"
if they win, "lebron had to contend with the best 8th seed in the history of life"

truth is, they are an 8th seed for a reason. they've never gone deep in the playoffs, and we shouldn't expect anything different this year.

Lillard, as good as he is, is a choker. it showed in that Memphis game.

for Portland to win, Lillard will have to set his ego aside and let CJ or someone else attempt to close out games. like he did in that Memphis game.

but i hope i'm wrong, would love to see Portland take out the Fakers

Manny98
08-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Are you concerned?
About what?

Phoenix
08-17-2020, 12:27 PM
About what?

I don't know, I'm asking you. You made the thread.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 12:35 PM
I never made a claim either way. You denounced Portland so I wanted to know who you actually thought was better. Denver wasn't an 8th seed in 2007 and the Thunder didn't make the playoffs in 2009. Not sure what you are talking about.

My mistake i ment the 2007-08 denver and 2009-10 okc. And im not denouncing them i actually like them alot. They just cant defend to save their lives and thats a pretty huge part especially when your talking playoffs. To just claim them as the best 8th seed ever and a top 50 playoff team all time while ignoring that there one of the worst defensive teams ever to make the playoffs is just idiotic imo.

And i dont mean you. Im talking whoever made these claims

SamuraiSWISH
08-17-2020, 12:53 PM
I don't know, I'm asking you. You made the thread.

The pathetic pre-emptive, proactive, LeBron failure excuse machine by the Three 6 Mafia has already begun.

Up next, is the patented under rating of his roster and coach. His next best player (actually the Lakers best current player, as evidence by the massive turn around in record and defensive capabilities)

It’s a continuous cycle for them. They have PTSD from all the failed expectations and finals losses

insidious301
08-17-2020, 01:15 PM
My mistake i ment the 2007-08 denver and 2009-10 okc. And im not denouncing them i actually like them alot. They just cant defend to save their lives and thats a pretty huge part especially when your talking playoffs. To just claim them as the best 8th seed ever and a top 50 playoff team all time while ignoring that there one of the worst defensive teams ever to make the playoffs is just idiotic imo.

And i dont mean you. Im talking whoever made these claims

Got you. You did criticize Portland for their defense however. Claiming there were "a lot" of better 8 seeds. Denver in 08 is mentioned often but their chemistry was awful. Kobe had his way with them just like LeBron would. The OKC team is a good referral however. Have not seen them mentioned in this thread. I remember the older Laker guards having their hands full with Westbrook. Overall, I think Portland's on the level of any #8 until proven otherwise. If somehow they beat LA it will be one of the best upsets ever. Warriors-Mavericks level you would have to think.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Got you. You did criticize Portland for their defense however. Claiming there were "a lot" of better 8 seeds. Denver in 08 is mentioned often but their chemistry was awful. Kobe had his way with them just like LeBron would. The OKC team is a good referral however. Have not seen them mentioned in this thread. I remember the older Laker guards having their hands full with Westbrook. Overall, I think Portland's on the level of any #8 until proven otherwise. If somehow they beat LA it will be one of the best upsets ever. Warriors-Mavericks level you would have to think.

Yeah if they do. I just dont see it at all. Offensively they rely heavily on dame who can be streaky in the playoffs and takes the toughest shots ive ever seen. Its just hard to be consistent with how he scores. Defensively they really are pretty bad. Ad is gonna average an easy efficient 30 and bron will probably just be a point or 2 behind that. Portland will have to decide wether to let davis and bron kill them or try to double and end up giving up open threes. Either way they're screwed. I dont see any scenario other than dame dropping 50 a game where Portland even have a chance.

AlternativeAcc.
08-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Blazer are heavy favorites due to having 4 all-star caliber players to Lakers 2.

Better role players.

They are statistically in the upper half on defense despite their best defenders being injured most of the season. (Saying portland is garbage at D is another lie used by LeBron haters in order to downplay how historically good the Blazers are)

Best 8 seed of all time by a huge margin. This is a championship level series. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know basketball.

AlternativeAcc.
08-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Yeah if they do. I just dont see it at all. Offensively they rely heavily on dame who can be streaky in the playoffs and takes the toughest shots ive ever seen. Its just hard to be consistent with how he scores. Defensively they really are pretty bad. Ad is gonna average an easy efficient 30 and bron will probably just be a point or 2 behind that. Portland will have to decide wether to let davis and bron kill them or try to double and end up giving up open threes. Either way they're screwed. I dont see any scenario other than dame dropping 50 a game where Portland even have a chance.

I like how this little guy keeps spouting random lies even though he's never been right about anything.

Let's trust this guys 'eye test' and 'gut feeling' analysis :oldlol:

Yikes

Gougou
08-17-2020, 06:23 PM
They are... Dame, the MVP so far, CJ, Melo, and Nurkic/Whiteside. That is actually freaking insanely stacked.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 06:27 PM
I like how this little guy keeps spouting random lies even though he's never been right about anything.

Yikes

bruh ive been right about alot shit on here. I even tried to help some of yall with some bets. Check my record bish

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 06:31 PM

Yikes

And who and the f*ck are the 4 all stars? Gotta love bron stans hypocrisy. When it fits their narrative guys who arnt all stars are like the blazers. When it dosnt fit their narrative like 2016 guys who are actually all stars aren't. You guys are amazing:facepalm

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 06:33 PM
They are... Dame, the MVP so far, CJ, Melo, and Nurkic/Whiteside. That is actually freaking insanely stacked.

They aint all stars. Not even close

FromDowntown
08-17-2020, 10:43 PM
Always Takes the Hardest Path

:bowdown:

AlternativeAcc.
08-19-2020, 12:17 AM
bruh ive been right about alot shit on here. I even tried to help some of yall with some bets. Check my record bish

Your record sucks and your 'gut instinct' takes are always wrong

I pay attention.

Gohan
08-19-2020, 12:20 AM
08 Denver would’ve been a far better team if they had nene back instead of marcus Camby. Which is why I don’t see why people tried to prop up Billups over Iverson because Camby was the worse man to man big man defender I’ve ever seen in my life