PDA

View Full Version : Who’s the best playoff scorer in NBA history?

Docs Orders
08-17-2020, 02:47 AM
Anyone know?

Marchesk
08-17-2020, 02:52 AM
Carmelo Anthony?

Gray GOAT
08-17-2020, 03:01 AM
It's hard to say, really, but I do feel that per game numbers are quite overrated. I mean, it's much easier to average higher numbers in only four games, than to do so in a long playoff where one would play, say, 20 games. That also alludes to the point that, if the former hypothetical player was a better scorer, why was his run so short to begin with? Furthermore, the amount of times someone has been in the playoffs is also a factor. For example, someone who has been to the playoffs 8 times will no doubt have better numbers than someone who has been there 5 times. If two players were tied at, let's say 13 playoff appearances, no doubt the player with more points would be universally seen as the better scorer. I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with that.

AlternativeAcc.
08-17-2020, 03:17 AM
Middle name Raymone, Dick the size of Rome

Brought a ring to Ohio, the place he calls his home

He does it like he's destined, and really likes to shine

the undisputed king of sports, the greatest of all time

HBK_Kliq_2
08-17-2020, 03:33 AM
After this year when Kawhi scores 700+ points on back to back title runs. Has anybody ever done that besides GOAT Leonard?

Gray GOAT
08-17-2020, 04:09 AM
Did you guys know Kawhi Leonard (29 years old) barely has more career points than Andrew Wiggins (25) who is deemed a bust?

Spurs m8
08-17-2020, 07:47 AM
The one with the highest average....

Like, unless you're an autistic cvnt, there's no other answer.

ImKobe
08-17-2020, 07:53 AM
The guy who has the highest average and who led the Playoffs in ppg 10x...

Akeem34TheDream
08-17-2020, 08:15 AM
Allen Iverson

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 09:19 AM
Anyone know?

Is this really even a question?

Highest points per game for playoffs: mj

Most 60 point games: mj

Most 50 point games: mj

Most 40 point games: mj

Most points for one game: mj

There are 9 times where players averaged 40 points or more in a playoff series and mj was 5 of those.

Theres probably way more im missing but its mj and its not close.

Docs Orders
08-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Is this really even a question?

Highest points per game for playoffs: mj

Most 60 point games: mj

Most 50 point games: mj

Most 40 point games: mj

Most points for one game: mj

There are 9 times where players averaged 40 points or more in a playoff series and mj was 5 of those.

Theres probably way more im missing but its mj and its not close.

Most playoff points: LeBron (6,900)

Most 40+ games in a playoff run: Lebron (9)

Jordan scored less playoff points than LeBron in the same total playoff runs, so he couldn’t possibly be the better scorer

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 10:57 AM
Most playoff points: LeBron (6,900)

Most 40+ games in a playoff run: Lebron (9)

Jordan scored less playoff points than LeBron in the same total playoff runs, so he couldn’t possibly be the better scorer

Thats all you could come back with lol? Mj averaged 40 plus points for a whole finals dude and did 5 other times.

And most total points is a great achievement but ppg is the better measurement. According to to you tony parker is the 10th best scorer ever. Hes a better scorer than kd, bird, wilt, wade, dirk and hakeem.

Once again its mj and its not close

StrongLurk
08-17-2020, 11:00 AM
MJ, Lebron, KD come to mind first for the modern era.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Probably Karl Malone. He dropped 51 against the Sonics in the year 2000 in a playoff game.

insidious301
08-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Thats all you could come back with lol? Mj averaged 40 plus points for a whole finals dude and did 5 other times.

And most total points is a great achievement but ppg is the better measurement. According to to you tony parker is the 10th best scorer ever. Hes a better scorer than kd, bird, wilt, wade, dirk and hakeem.

Once again its mj and its not close

I agree that Jordan might be the best playoff scorer. But ppg can have outliers too. Are Iverson and West better scorers than Durant, LeBron & Kobe? Are Jabbar and Shaq worse scorers than Westbrook and Wilkins? According to points per game, they are.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 12:20 PM
I agree that Jordan might be the best playoff scorer. But ppg can have outliers too. Are Iverson and West better scorers than Durant, LeBron & Kobe? Are Jabbar and Shaq worse scorers than Westbrook and Wilkins? According to points per game, they are.

Yes of course ppg can have outlier also but all things being close to equal ppg is a much better measurement for whos a better scorer.

And west and iverson can score with the best of them. I never saw west play but going by his stats and what ive heard and read he's in the conversation with everyone offensively.

Manny98
08-17-2020, 12:22 PM
Let's see....

https://i.postimg.cc/k5ctVyfG/5ae724dd19ee865a008b4698.jpg

Looks like Lebron to me :confusedshrug:

insidious301
08-17-2020, 01:02 PM
Yes of course ppg can have outlier also but all things being close to equal ppg is a much better measurement for whos a better scorer.

And west and iverson can score with the best of them. I never saw west play but going by his stats and what ive heard and read he's in the conversation with everyone offensively.

All that is fair. Wilkins and Westbrook aren't on Shaq and Jabbar's level on scoring. That's a huge anomaly. The abberation in point total might not equal ppg, but it is still telling. Playoff runs, scoring streaks, scoring titles and how they fared vs tough defense should all be accounted for. Basically the best way to measure scoring is to include everything. Consistency and efficiency are also important. With all of that, I think Jordan probably has the best case too.

Docs Orders
08-17-2020, 01:03 PM

So Iverson is a better playoff scorer than LeBron?

HylianNightmare
08-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Not lebum

SamuraiSWISH
08-17-2020, 01:14 PM
Well ... The GOAT

1) M. Jordan 33.45 ppg

No “might be” about it. It’s obvious.

Then the rest:

2) A. Iverson 29.73 ppg
3) J. West 29.13 ppg
4) K. Durant 29.09 ppg
5) L. James 28.92 ppg

All of that is insanely accurate.

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 01:43 PM
All that is fair. Wilkins and Westbrook aren't on Shaq and Jabbar's level on scoring. That's a huge anomaly. The abberation in point total might not equal ppg, but it is still telling. Playoff runs, scoring streaks, scoring titles and how they fared vs tough defense should all be accounted for. Basically the best way to measure scoring is to include everything. Consistency and efficiency are also important. With all of that, I think Jordan probably has the best case too.

yeah and its not like scoring is all that matters. Bron was a better passer and slightly better rebounder. Defense is a tough one. I think the numbers and accolade favor mj but bron at his best is right there.

Docs Orders
08-17-2020, 01:46 PM
So Iverson is a better playoff scorer than LeBron?

Bronbrons too scared to answer this

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 01:52 PM

Not at all i didnt see it. No of course he isnt but i said all things close to equal. Iverson is nowhere near mj and bron efficiency wise or longevity wise

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 01:55 PM

And iverson and lebron are a whole lot closer scoring wise than tony parker and kd are. Is tony parker anywhere close to as good as kd as a scorer?

Axe
08-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Having been to 9 different trips in the finals would boost so much a player's total playoff points

SamuraiSWISH
08-17-2020, 05:55 PM
yeah and its not like scoring is all that matters. Bron was a better passer and slightly better rebounder. Defense is a tough one. I think the numbers and accolade favor mj but bron at his best is right there.
But consistency says that’s not the case at all. LeBron wasn’t even close to the defender Mike was. From 88 even to 2003 the consistency and effort didn’t dip off. LeBron was a quality defender (and even then not as great as Jordan) in only 2011, 2012, and 2013. Everything else he was mediocre to trash defensively.

Gougou
08-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Let's see....

https://i.postimg.cc/k5ctVyfG/5ae724dd19ee865a008b4698.jpg

Looks like Lebron to me :confusedshrug:

6 ring > 3 rings, and Jordan did it in less games, he also missed 2 seasons...

Bronbron23
08-17-2020, 06:39 PM
But consistency says that’s not the case at all. LeBron wasn’t even close to the defender Mike was. From 88 even to 2003 the consistency and effort didn’t dip off. LeBron was a quality defender (and even then not as great as Jordan) in only 2011, 2012, and 2013. Everything else he was mediocre to trash defensively.

mj is the better defender but lebron at his best was close. He was pretty consistent before his second cavs stint and hes been very goid this year.

Marchesk
08-17-2020, 06:47 PM
Donovan Mitchell