PDA

View Full Version : Doncic drops highest scoring playoff debut in playoff history...

tpols
08-18-2020, 06:06 AM
and all he can talk about is his TO's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur6NEn5v1io

Against Kawhi and PG13 to boot. This guy is the real deal. Euro Larry Bird.

Peep the interview... guys speaks 3 languages giving interviews in english, spanish, and slovenian in a league where most players can barely speak one.

According to his family, Dončić first touched a basketball when he was seven months old, and by age one, he was frequently playing with a miniature hoop in his room. His opponents at the time were up to ten years old, as Dončić reflected: "I was always training and playing with older kids who had much more experience than me. Many of them were bigger and faster than me too, so I had to beat them with my brain." He admired Greek basketball player Vassilis Spanoulis from his early teenage years, stating that he was "enchanted" by him. He wore the number 7 at Real Madrid in honor of Spanoulis

ImKobe
08-18-2020, 06:26 AM
He was so ahead of everyone in Euroleague and he's ahead of any player in league history at his age skill/IQ-wise, knew he was the real deal about 3 years ago when people predicted he would bust in the NBA. He's going to be the first Euro to really be the face of the league. Dirk was a great, but not on a level like this.

Axe
08-18-2020, 06:35 AM
I'm not going to be surprised at all anymore if the mavs would somehow get to the finals years later and they win another ring, with luka being handed over the fmvp trophy. He would deserve it.

AlternativeAcc.
08-18-2020, 07:14 AM
2nd best player in the league after LeBron.

The next GOAT candidate

I think hes the best ever for his age. Basketball genius.

FireDavidKahn
08-18-2020, 07:23 AM
I tried to tell you guys before the draft...

Ghost1
08-18-2020, 07:23 AM
2nd best player in the league after LeBron.

The next GOAT candidate

I think hes the best ever for his age. Basketball genius.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Utc4ydj-ljHtounDnEcm1DPeloc=/0x0:4192x2836/1200x800/filters:focal(1875x542:2545x1212)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/65807931/usa_today_13738819.0.jpg
https://cdn140.picsart.com/285162543035211.png?type=webp&to=min&r=640

bobopenguin
08-18-2020, 07:34 AM
this is euroleague's shinning moment, where that toxic fker?

Bronbron23
08-18-2020, 07:34 AM
As good as he was offensively he was as bad defensively. You guys only see what you wanna see. He got absolutely used defensively. Plus 10 turnovers.

insight
08-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Luka is a great young player but he is the modern day version of Tony Kukoc with better passing ability in a league that is built for scoring. When Donovan Mitchell has the 3rd highest playoff point total in NBA history, TJ Warren are Dame are dropping 50 with little effort you know the rule changes have destroyed how to put these performances in historical context.
He is a top players in today's NBA but I would pump the breaks on all the All time great talk. It's all offense nobody cares about defense in this era.

tpols
08-18-2020, 11:17 AM
As good as he was offensively he was as bad defensively. You guys only see what you wanna see. He got absolutely used defensively. Plus 10 turnovers.

First game in the playoffs against a super defense he drops 40+ on elite efficiency and all we hear from you is hate? I just looked up the splits. Him and Porzingis had the best DRTG on the Mavs and were the only ones with positive splits. Everybody else sucked. Maxi Kleber put up one of the worst games ever... finney-smith and THJ weren't far behind him. Luka is already an MVP talent.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-18-2020, 11:41 AM

Your expectations are unrealistic.

I could understand the critique if Luka were a vet, or had another playoff run under his belt. That was his first playoff game though. And he broke a scoring record. So ya, by that measure you can absolutely overlook the lack of defense. Just like many did for Magic and Barkley or Nash and Dirk.

BigKobeFan
08-18-2020, 02:51 PM

Peep the interview... guys speaks 3 languages giving interviews in english, spanish, and slovenian in a league where most players can barely speak one.

Because 95% of the NBA listens to mumble rap and the remaining 5% gets chastised for being an uncle tom.

imdaman99
08-18-2020, 03:02 PM
His team bailed him out once he stepped out of the game down 15 in the 1st quarter with his injury. He came back in the game and it was tied :oldlol: after that his nerves calmed down and he was back to spamming the same plays over and over. I love when players game the system :rockon:

AnaheimLakers24
08-18-2020, 03:04 PM
in a league where most players can barely speak one.

:roll:

fsvr54
08-18-2020, 03:05 PM
this is euroleague's shinning moment, where that toxic fker?

I was just thinking about him :oldlol:

Smoke117
08-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Nah. Larry Bird played defense.

tpols
08-18-2020, 03:27 PM
Nah. Larry Bird played defense.

Doncic has the best DRTG on the Mavs outside Zingis. You guys are running with a stereotype. For reference I just looked up Steve Nash's DRTG in his MVP years with the suns. By far the worst DRTG on the team, shawn marion the best. So it lines up with reality most of the time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-18-2020, 03:50 PM
Doncic has the best DRTG on the Mavs outside Zingis. You guys are running with a stereotype. For reference I just looked up Steve Nash's DRTG in his MVP years with the suns. By far the worst DRTG on the team, shawn marion the best. So it lines up with reality most of the time.

Not saying a lot when Dallas gave up 118 points. :oldlol:

Having the best DRTG on his team just means Luka wasn't the worst defender. Not good by any stretch, but clearly not the worst either.

tpols
08-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Not saying a lot when Dallas gave up 118 points. :oldlol:

Having the best DRTG on his team just means Luka wasn't the worst defender. Not good by any stretch, but clearly not the worst either.

Thats all I'm saying. People are making threads and saying he's a "horrible defender"... like he's some Nash liability but it doesn't hold up. He's an average defender, not a bad one.

dirkdiggler41
08-18-2020, 04:16 PM
He had some bad defence at times, but it is hard for anyone to guard PG or Kawhi alone on the perimeter and at the same time drop 42. He also had some good defence on Kawhi and Morris, but they still scored.
I expected Luka to be totally shut down for the first after watching the first minutes of the game. What a awesome player.

Gohan
08-18-2020, 06:41 PM

Am I the only one not impressed? Looks like he was stat padding at the end. Looks like he got a bunch of super easy layups at the end

SATAN
08-18-2020, 07:21 PM
Clippers were basically letting him get to the rim for whatever reason. I don't think he was really stat padding but it makes the 42 less impressive (imo). When Luka sat no the bench at least twice Dallas where able to catch up to the Clippers again hmm...

Dbrog
08-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Strange part for me is no one is talking about how he was clearly hobbled out there. I watched the whole game and especially after he slipped on that wet spot, it seemed to re-aggravate his injury as seen by his constant grimacing and limping. This should be known as "the one-leg game"

AlternativeAcc.
08-18-2020, 08:22 PM
Luka being horrible on defense in a myth. He played better on D than both Kawhit and George despite having to carry his entire team on the other end.

Notice the only people hating on Luka are uneducated racist blacks

Cant stand to see a white dominate the sport, the racism of the league is at all time highs.

Gohan
08-18-2020, 08:26 PM
Luka being horrible on defense in a myth. He played better on D than both Kawhit and George despite having to carry his entire team on the other end.

Notice the only people hating on Luka are uneducated racist blacks

Cant stand to see a white dominate the sport, the racism of the league is at all time highs.

Weak ass troll

AlternativeAcc.
08-18-2020, 08:30 PM
Weak ass troll

Literally not trolling

His defense is solid. His IQ his high and he's mobile for a forward.. hes not out there just giving out buckets. Its the opposite

The weak defense thing is a myth. Watch the games instead of listening to racists

Spurs m8
08-18-2020, 10:03 PM
Mask the embiid on suicide watch

Gileraracer
08-19-2020, 06:54 AM

Lebron style for 17 years, so?

CeltsGarlic
08-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Because 95% of the NBA listens to mumble rap and the remaining 5% gets chastised for being an uncle tom.

If theyd listen to conscious rap theyd be 200iq like u right?

Gohan
08-19-2020, 07:12 AM
Does ballad of a dead soldier count as conscious rap?