PDA

View Full Version : Start a franchise: Kawhi Leonard or Stephen Curry

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 01:09 PM
who would you draft

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Give Kawhi the core of Klay/Dray/Iggy and you would win more rings. You wouldn't get the fancy 73 wins but you wouldn't be choking in 2016 either.

houston
08-18-2020, 01:50 PM
Curry he the better player and more marketable

Marchesk
08-18-2020, 02:03 PM
Curry, because he's either playing for you or actually hurt.

LAmbruh
08-18-2020, 02:04 PM
Imagine Kawhi standing in the corner sucking his thumb while Paul George guards the opposing teams best guard

That's Klay, nightly

Sulico
08-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Spurs and Warriors already answered that question.

Except Steph was drafted into joke of a franchise that won 29 games year before, and Kawhi was drafted into one of the best teams of all time that just won 61 games. And Steph still achieved better results.

Even if we ignore how much better Steph is, we can't forget the fact that he is probably Warriors lifer and Kawhi left his team the first chance he got and held them hostage for a year before that.

Axe
08-18-2020, 04:48 PM

Except Steph was drafted into joke of a franchise that won 29 games year before, and Kawhi was drafted into one of the best teams of all time that just won 61 games. And Steph still achieved better results.

Even if we ignore how much better Steph is, we can't forget the fact that he is probably Warriors lifer and Kawhi left his team the first chance he got and held them hostage for a year before that.
Lol the warriors haven't done a lot until steve kerr came to takeover the team six years ago

Drygon
08-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Kawhi easily.

He's much better playoff performer than any version of Curry.

Playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regular season.

TheCorporation
08-18-2020, 04:51 PM

+1

TheCorporation
08-18-2020, 04:51 PM
Kawhi easily.

He's much better playoff performer than any version of Curry.

Playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regular season.

:lol Oh yeah? Dare you to post their playoff career #s

Ready. Go!

Drygon
08-18-2020, 04:54 PM
:lol Oh yeah? Dare you to post their playoff career #s

Ready. Go!

Longevity is overrated. Curry never reached same level as 2017 & 2019 playoff Kawhi.

Do you also rate e.g. Karl Malone (who underachieved in playoffs) ahead of Kawhi with same logic?

TheCorporation
08-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Longevity is overrated. Curry never reached same level as 2017 & 2019 playoff Kawhi.

Do you also rate e.g. Karl Malone (who underachieved in playoffs) ahead of Kawhi with same logic?

Curry has 3 rings. Malone has...?

Bad example.

What is with all these new 2020 posters popping up that just started watching the NBA :facepalm

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 05:04 PM

Has nothing to do with longevity. Curry's per game numbers are better. And saying 2019 Kawhi was better than even 2019 Curry is hardly a given. 2017 Curry is clearly better if that's the case.

If the Warriors are healthy next year I'll take them over the Clippers.

Also are you insinuating that Curry underachieved in the playoffs after winning three rings in five straight finals appearances in the modern era? Name someone else who didn't play with Curry who has done that!

I guess if Curry hadn't underachieved, he'd be the best player in NBA history by now.

:roll:

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 05:09 PM
Kawhi has an iconic playoff winning buzzer beater vs 76ers last year. Stephen Curry has a couple 1st quarter buzzer beaters, nothing iconic however

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 05:12 PM
Kawhi has an iconic playoff winning buzzer beater vs 76ers last year. Stephen Curry has a couple 1st quarter buzzer beaters, nothing iconic however

Curry has records. Kawhi has a single shot. Kind of shows the gap.

Axe
08-18-2020, 05:13 PM
Curry has never won chips on a team outside klay and steve kerr while kawhi already did so in both conferences

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 05:17 PM
Curry has never won chips on a team outside klay and steve kerr while kawhi already did so in both conferences

Kawhi never transformed a perennial losing franchise into a perennial winner.

Axe
08-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Kawhi never transformed a perennial losing franchise into a perennial winner.
That's what actually made steve kerr a great coach. Btw, in the process of what I've said earlier, kawhi was also rewarded two fmvps.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 05:25 PM
That's what actually made steve kerr a great coach. Btw, in the process of what I've said earlier, kawhi was also rewarded two fmvps.

And the media that voted on that said Harden and CP3 would beat the Warriors without Kevin Durant and are scared to mention Curry in any way that remotely describes his true stature.

Axe
08-18-2020, 05:28 PM
And the media that voted on that said Harden and CP3 would beat the Warriors without Kevin Durant and are scared to mention Curry.
So? What does that imply on kerr's resume then? A kd-less warriors have defeated a rockets team already without a cp3 anyway.

Gray GOAT
08-18-2020, 05:32 PM

Kobe Bryant never won a title without Derek Fisher.

warriorfan
08-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Lebron has never won a championship without his mom getting boned by Delonte West.

scuzzy
08-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Kawhi vs Curry

reg seas: 10-6
playoffs: 8-5

give me Kawhi, he actually exists in the post season

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 05:34 PM
So? What does that imply on kerr's resume then? A kd-less warriors have defeated a rockets team already without a cp3 anyway.

I wasn't addressing Kerr but now that you mention it, his insistence on playing Ezeli and Varejao instead of going for a shorter lineup may have cost the Warriors in 2016 and his decision in 2019 to bench an incandescent Curry allowed the Clippers to come back and needlessly prolong their series and gave the opportunity for both Curry and Klay to get hurt.

tpols
08-18-2020, 05:35 PM
Curry. Much better dynasty engine and less likely to "load manage" or team hop. It's a no brainer from a single organization's perspective. If I was a GM I would draft Dirk over Shaq in hindsight, not only because he's better at basketball, but primarily because he's much less likely to bounce on me.

Axe
08-18-2020, 05:42 PM
I wasn't addressing Kerr but now that you mention it, his insistence on playing Ezeli and Varejao instead of going for a shorter lineup may have cost the Warriors in 2016 and his decision in 2019 to bench an incandescent Curry allowed the Clippers to come back and needlessly prolong their series and gave the opportunity for both Curry and Klay to get hurt.
So we're jumping to some strengths in excuses again about their past shortcomings? Don't forget the warriors are 3x champions while never ceasing to be the western champs for five straight years once you look at their recent dynasty. Last year, that limping team even swept the trailblazers in the wcf, which gave them around five more days of rest entering the finals over their dark horse rivals. If you think mark jackson was a better coach, then i think you're delusional.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Curry has 3 rings. Malone has...?

Bad example.

What is with all these new 2020 posters popping up that just started watching the NBA :facepalm

1 real ring. The other 2 were like if Karl Malone was on Jordan's team

Kawhi had Siakam as his sidekick and Curry had Durant. Wow that's real fair.

So if you boil it down too their comparable supporting casts? Its kawhi 2019 vs curry 2015 and Kawhi wins. Mr no finals MVPS hahahha

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Curry. Much better dynasty engine and less likely to "load manage" or team hop. It's a no brainer from a single organization's perspective. If I was a GM I would draft Dirk over Shaq in hindsight, not only because he's better at basketball, but primarily because he's much less likely to bounce on me.

Hope you're satisfied with 1 ring in 20 years.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Kawhi vs Curry

reg seas: 10-6
playoffs: 8-5

give me Kawhi, he actually exists in the post season

He also actually plays defense. Kawhi is anchoring elite offenses and defenses. While Curry isn't responsible for defense, that's Iggy/Dray.

Axe
08-18-2020, 05:59 PM

So if you boil it down too their comparable supporting casts? Its kawhi 2019 vs curry 2015 and Kawhi wins. Mr no finals MVPS hahahha
Siakam is going to be more potential in the future but rn, i don't think he has any case over kd yet.

Btw, you don't call kd a sidekick too, having been to a finals once before with the thunder and almost managed to strangle the warriors in the 2016 wcf until they lost which resulted in him succumbing to swallowing his very own pride.

tpols
08-18-2020, 05:59 PM

That's all Kawhi ever got the team that drafted him and he averaged 14 ppg across the playoff run. :lol Scrub numbers.

Meanwhile Chef anchored one of the best dynasties ever that was the envy of the league. (attracted team hoppers)

It's a no brainer mate.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:09 PM
That's all Kawhi ever got the team that drafted him and he averaged 14 ppg across the playoff run. :lol Scrub numbers.

Meanwhile Chef anchored one of the best dynasties ever that was the envy of the league. (attracted team hoppers)

It's a no brainer mate.

Kawhi in 7 years with spurs won the same amount as what Dirk did in 20 years?

And then in 1 year with raptors he won the same amount as Dirk in 20 years lol. Kawhi was also losing to superstar duos like Curry/Durant or Durant/Westbrook. While Dirk was losing to 1 man team 2006 Heat that put up a 101 offensive rating in finals. Go look up Wade's on/off in playoffs and you will have a big laugh. Terry gave Dirk 22 points on 55% TS and Dirk still lost to a 101 offensive rating team? Kawhi would never do that.

When it comes down to it, Curry's rings with Durant/Klay/Dray/Iggy have no more value then Kawhi's ring with Duncan/Manu/Parker.

And then anybody not on crack knows Kawhi's 2019 playoff run is better then Curry's 2015 playoff run? So I don't see the argument for Curry besides regular season and bigger choker (game 7 2016 finals).

scuzzy
08-18-2020, 06:09 PM
He also actually plays defense. Kawhi is anchoring elite offenses and defenses. While Curry isn't responsible for defense, that's Iggy/Dray.
Yup, Kawhi can still affect the game in a magnitude of ways despite having a poor offensive night.

If Curry isn't hitting 3's he becomes a liability. Especially on an offense that solely revolves around setting 2-3 screens for him every possession

tpols
08-18-2020, 06:15 PM
Winning a ring with 14/7 averages doesn't count for anything. Those are Horace Grant numbers. You dont get a cookie for that.... the lid is shut.

If Curry team hopped to top seeds and playoff teams, he'd be winning chips too off the bat. Again... no cookie for that. Imagine he just jumped to the bucks or lakers or nuggets right now... it'd be an insta-ring and dynasty.

But that actually furthers the point more. You don't draft a team hopper because... they're gonna hop teams. And rings won on other teams won't count for your organization.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Yup, Kawhi can still affect the game in a magnitude of ways despite having a poor offensive night.

If Curry isn't hitting 3's he becomes a liability. Especially on an offense that solely revolves around setting 2-3 screens for him every possession

And Kawhi beat Curry/Dray with Klay playing majority of the series.

Curry beat LeBron with Matthew Dellavedova

Even finals performance was much more impressive. Plus Kawhi's east path beating super teams Embiid/Butler/Simmons and Giannis/Middleton/Brogdon

Much harder path for Kawhi and better numbers.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:19 PM
Winning a ring with 14/7 averages doesn't count for anything. Those are Horace Grant numbers. You dont get a cookie for that.... the lid is shut.

If Curry team hopped to top seeds and playoff teams, he'd be winning chips too off the bat. Again... no cookie for that. Imagine he just jumped to the bucks or lakers or nuggets right now... it'd be an insta-ring and dynasty.

But that actually furthers the point more. You don't draft a team hopper because... they're gonna hop teams. And rings won on other teams won't count for your organization.

Winning rings with a 4 time scoring champion and a top 3 shooter ever in Durant/Klay. Playing LeBron with Love as his sidekick, no Chris Paul for 2 elimination games, Aldridge Spurs. WOAT titles ok, so that argument doesn't work in Curry's favor.

When Curry had his own team in 2016, he wet himself. Its that simple. Not even outplayed by just LeBron but also Irving as well? That's like if Shaq played Jordan's bulls and was outplayed by Pippen.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 06:23 PM
When it comes down to it, Curry's rings with Durant/Klay/Dray/Iggy have no more value then Kawhi's ring with Duncan/Manu/Parker.

And then anybody not on crack knows Kawhi's 2019 playoff run is better then Curry's 2015 playoff run? So I don't see the argument for Curry besides regular season and bigger choker (game 7 2016 finals).

When Curry first won a ring with Klay/Dray/Iggy none of these guys had seen a conference finals. When Kawhi first won a ring Duncan/Manu/Parker had already won multiple times. While Kawhi lost to Durant/Westbrook, Curry won. I guess Kawhi choked badly in that series but we choose to ignore it because he simply wasn't important enough to pay attention to.

Also Curry's 2015 run is far superior to Kawhi's if one doesn't have selective memory and forget there is a regular season that most players actually play in.

Look Kawhi is great. But Curry is better.

tpols
08-18-2020, 06:27 PM
The funniest thing about these Kawhi stans man... bringing up 2016.

When Curry humiliated the team that sent Kawhi home packing. Even with their best shot, they lose. :lol

Chef literally sent the team that whooped Leonard's ass... home packing in dramatic style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyqMtoAGNG8

This discussion is a no contest.

NBAGOAT
08-18-2020, 06:31 PM
it's pure recency bias to take kawhi over curry. he wasnt even that much better last year. kawhi had a better team in the finals because of injuries.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:32 PM
When Curry first won a ring with Klay/Dray/Iggy none of them had seen a conference finals. When Kawhi first won a ring Duncan/Manu/Parker had already won multiple times. While Kawhi lost to Durant/Westbrook, Curry won. I guess Kawhi choked badly in that series but we choose to ignore it because he simply wasn't important enough to pay attention to.

Also Curry's 2015 run is far superior to Kawhi's if one doesn't have selective memory and forget there is a regular season that most players actually play in.

You are confusing my post.

Kawhi with Lowry Siakam has less help then Curry with Klay Dray.

Kawhi also had to guard Giannis. They normally put Curry's defense on someone like Danny Green hahaha

Kawhi with Duncan/Manu/Parker had less help then Curry with Durant/Klay/Dray. Kawhi had to play with Duncan/Manu out of their prime. Durant/Klay were still in primes.

Smoke117
08-18-2020, 06:37 PM
Curry. It doesn't really matter who is better. What matters is the fact that Kawhi has no loyalty and will just leave at the first chance, so I'm definitely starting a franchise with Steph. Kawhi will always be a piece of garbage for the the way he did the Spurs (who developed him) dirty.

Gohan
08-18-2020, 06:38 PM

Yea but Kawhi shot just got a lucky bounce, I’m not impressed

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-18-2020, 06:39 PM
Curry. It doesn't really matter who is better. What matters is the fact that Kawhi has no loyalty and will just leave at the first chance, so I'm definitely starting a franchise with Steph.

Damn this alcoholic shitstain is tryna curse CP now like how he ended Gordon Haywards season

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:41 PM
it's pure recency bias to take kawhi over curry. he wasnt even that much better last year. kawhi had a better team in the finals because of injuries.

Kawhi was anchoring clippers offense this season at 118.4. That's like goat level and compares with what LeBron/Nash/Curry have done.

And then you think about Kawhi's defense gap over Curry? It starts becoming laughable for that little midget Curry.

You guys just watch highlights and not the actual games I guess. Like game 1 mavs/clippers for example, all the talk was on Luka. Clippers offensive rating in game 1 was 123.2 when Kawhi was ON and clippers defensive rating was 98.8 when Kawhi was ON.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Yea but Kawhi shot just got a lucky bounce, I’m not impressed

That shot wasn't lucky at all, kawhi had that planned the entire time. He did the same shot against blazers earlier in the season and it was a game winner!

https://youtu.be/5nBsXxeXm10

And kawhi also made the a 3 point game winner with 1 min left over Embiid in game 4

Axe
08-18-2020, 06:46 PM
The funniest thing about these Kawhi stans man... bringing up 2016.

When Curry humiliated the team that sent Kawhi home packing. Even with their best shot, they lose. :lol

Chef literally sent the team that whooped Leonard's ass... home packing in dramatic style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyqMtoAGNG8

This discussion is a no contest.
Lmao you're just being plain dumb.

None of that would have happened without steve kerr's tutelage. He transformed this average team into a formidable dynasty. And by average team, i mean that because there were other teams in the west that were more favored back then.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 06:49 PM
You are confusing my post.

Kawhi with Lowry Siakam has less help then Curry with Klay Dray.

Kawhi also had to guard Giannis. They normally put Curry's defense on someone like Danny Green hahaha

Kawhi with Duncan/Manu/Parker had less help then Curry with Durant/Klay/Dray. Kawhi had to play with Duncan/Manu out of their prime. Durant/Klay were still in primes.

You forgetting Gasol for some reason? Or Ibaka? Or Danny Green? Or the rest of the Toronto bench that was considered the best in the league?

You keep mentioning Durant for some reason, but Curry without Durant is more impressive than Kawhi. Kawhi guarded Giannis? Curry outgunned Harden and CP3.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 06:53 PM

None of that would have happened without steve kerr's tutelage. He transformed this average team into a formidable dynasty. And by average team, i mean that because there were other teams in the west that were more favored back then.

Uh we're comparing with Kawhi who was coached by Popovich. You heard of him?

Smoke117
08-18-2020, 06:54 PM
Kawhi was anchoring clippers offense this season at 118.4. That's like goat level and compares with what LeBron/Nash/Curry have done.

And then you think about Kawhi's defense gap over Curry? It starts becoming laughable for that little midget Curry.

You guys just watch highlights and not the actual games I guess. Like game 1 mavs/clippers for example, all the talk was on Luka. Clippers offensive rating in game 1 was 123.2 when Kawhi was ON and clippers defensive rating was 98.8 when Kawhi was ON.

Kawhi is a piece of trash who threw the team who developed him under the bus.

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 06:56 PM

that user tpols is not too bright. Kawhi already popped Stephen Curry's playoff cherry in 2013, then again in 2014 beating the team that beat the team that beat Stephen Curry, again. Kawhi also has a better heat to head playoff record vs Stephen Curry.

Gohan
08-18-2020, 06:57 PM
I’m taking curry but I can’t vote in the poll

HBK_Kliq_2
08-18-2020, 06:57 PM
You forgetting Gasol for some reason? Or Ibaka? Or Danny Green? Or the rest of the Toronto bench that was considered the best in the league?

You keep mentioning Durant for some reason, but Curry without Durant is more impressive than Kawhi. Kawhi guarded Giannis? Curry outgunned Harden and CP3.

Klay > Siakam
Draymond > Lowry
Iggy > Gasol

Curry clearly has the better supporting cast.

Kawhi has eliminated Harden, Giannis, Embiid, Curry all on his own. Curry had that 2015 year but that single year isn't enough because Kawhi's 2019 beats it. On top of that, Kawhi has elimination of LeBron and led team in GmSc.

Kawhi has also outplayed and eliminated Curry pre primes and prime. 2013 and 2019 playoffs Kawhi outperformed him both series for overall play.

Axe
08-18-2020, 07:01 PM
Uh we're comparing with Kawhi who was coached by Popovich. You heard of him?
I know kawhi has been to stacked teams, you dummie. So what's your point?

tpols
08-18-2020, 07:04 PM

The last ditch effort.

Kawhi had POPOVICH. Steve Kerr aint shit compared to him.

Mods.... I think you're gonna have to close this thread. For their sake. Please.....

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-18-2020, 07:06 PM

The last ditch effort.

Mods.... I think you're gonna have to close this thread. For their sake. Please.....

Kerr beat Pop 4-1 in the playoffs without Steph:oldlol:

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 07:06 PM
so far the poll sits at 14-8. votes heavily favoring kawhi as the better choice

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 07:07 PM
Kerr beat Pop 4-1 in the playoffs without Steph:oldlol:
good point

Axe
08-18-2020, 07:08 PM

The last ditch effort.

Dafuq, did you even get my point? I was trying to point out how steve kerr was obviously more successful than his predecessors, you buffoon.

Axe
08-18-2020, 07:11 PM
that user tpols is not too bright. Kawhi already popped Stephen Curry's playoff cherry in 2013, then again in 2014 beating the team that beat the team that beat Stephen Curry, again. Kawhi also has a better heat to head playoff record vs Stephen Curry.
Yeah he's retarded. He's probably mad that kawhi and the spurs made the lakers without kobe go home during the 2013 wcfr. Now he's stanning curry like the other d-riders in this board, proving that he's a total bandwagon scum.

kawhileonard2
08-18-2020, 07:22 PM
Kawhi of course.

Stanley Kobrick
08-18-2020, 07:23 PM
Yeah he's retarded. He's probably mad that kawhi and the spurs made the lakers without kobe go home during the 2013 wcfr. Now he's stanning curry like the other d-riders in this board, proving that he's a total bandwagon scum.
i don't believe Kobe ever won a game vs Kawhi, so I can see why he's upset people are choosing Kawhi. high iq users are objective, not subjective

Roundball_Rock
08-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Kawhi is the better all-around player.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 07:47 PM
Kawhi is the better all-around player.

Chris Paul is a better all-around player than both. He's not better than either.

Gohan
08-18-2020, 07:48 PM
Chris Paul is a better all-around player than both. He's not better than either.

This

Axe
08-18-2020, 07:49 PM
Too bad paul hasn't been in the finals yet for his ongoing career but he's pretty solid tho

Roundball_Rock
08-18-2020, 07:50 PM

Paul isn't on the Kawhi/Curry level, though. It is only relevant (to me at least) for players who are close.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 07:52 PM

The last ditch effort.

Last ditch effort? These guys can go on forever. But do let them go on. It's nice to have a Curry thread in which to respond to stupidity at the ready.

Stephonit
08-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Paul isn't on the Kawhi/Curry level, though. It is only relevant (to me at least) for players who are close.

Next time Kawhi beats two top 10 players playing at the same time on the same team (this year's Lakers will suffice) as "the guy" on his own team we can begin the conversation.

Stephonit
08-19-2020, 10:09 AM
Judging from what we just saw the bar set for Kawhi will be fairly low.

Stanley Kobrick
08-28-2020, 12:28 AM
after 70 posts it seems 64% would take Kawhi over Stephen Curry. very interesting

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 12:30 AM
Curry he the better player and more marketable

He's neither. You would think he'd be more marketable but not sure he is. Kawhi's new balance shit sells out as fast as mj's shit. I dont think any of curry's shit does that

warriorfan
08-28-2020, 12:32 AM
Curry brought 3 rings to a franchise who drafted him when they were in the gutter.

Leonard won one title on an already elite team then dipped out.

The choice is yours.

warriorfan
08-28-2020, 12:33 AM
He's neither. You would think he'd be more marketable but not sure he is. Kawhi's new balance shit sells out as fast as mj's shit. I dont think any of curry's shit does that

Shit the f.uck up you white bitch.

Stanley Kobrick
08-28-2020, 12:37 AM
high iq user

warriorfan
08-28-2020, 12:40 AM
high iq user

TheCorporation
08-28-2020, 12:53 AM
Has nothing to do with longevity. Curry's per game numbers are better. And saying 2019 Kawhi was better than even 2019 Curry is hardly a given. 2017 Curry is clearly better if that's the case.

If the Warriors are healthy next year I'll take them over the Clippers.

Also are you insinuating that Curry underachieved in the playoffs after winning three rings in five straight finals appearances in the modern era? Name someone else who didn't play with Curry who has done that!

I guess if Curry hadn't underachieved, he'd be the best player in NBA history by now.

Bingo. Let's keep educating the 2020 noobs

TheCorporation
08-28-2020, 12:56 AM

I mean, Kawhi won an Iggy FMVP in 2014 on like 14 ppg? *slow golf clap*

Lebron has never won a championship without his mom getting boned by Delonte West.

This lil 3rd world ashy "The Playboy" shoebox welfare recipient is so hurt :lol

Thread is about Curry vs Kawhi and his tears keep streaming :lol

hold this L
08-28-2020, 01:01 AM
Klay > Siakam
Draymond > Lowry
Iggy > Gasol

Curry clearly has the better supporting cast.

Kawhi has eliminated Harden, Giannis, Embiid, Curry all on his own. Curry had that 2015 year but that single year isn't enough because Kawhi's 2019 beats it. On top of that, Kawhi has elimination of LeBron and led team in GmSc.

Kawhi has also outplayed and eliminated Curry pre primes and prime. 2013 and 2019 playoffs Kawhi outperformed him both series for overall play.

Who is this clown? 2000 posts in a couple of months, another alter ego of Simon? In what planet is a broken down injured Iggy better than Gasol last season? Also why wouldn't you compare a guard with another guard, and a forward with another forward, unless you have some agenda? Siakam was significantly better than Draymond in the finals.

4/6 top players from the Warriors either were injured or played injured and broken during that finals series. I can't complain, Warriors have had luck with injuries as well to their run of 3 ships. Lets not act like the Raps didn't beat down a completely broken team. This shows more than anything, the physicality (and good enhancing drugs) Bron has to be fit while playing so much year in, year out. Warriors by the 5th season of constantly playing so many games broke down and because of it, deservedly lost.

Axe
08-28-2020, 07:38 AM
after 70 posts it seems 64% would take Kawhi over Stephen Curry. very interesting
Because curry hasn't won anything yet without klay nor steve kerr

Gohan
08-28-2020, 10:31 AM
Curry, he actually plays in the regular season. No load management

Kiddlovesnets
08-28-2020, 12:13 PM
Curry is more likely to stick with the franchise even if its a small market with mediocre GM, but Kawhi gives you much better chance to win championships. This is a tough choice, it will depend on what the team's expectation is. A team like OKC Thunder would take Curry in a heartbeat, but LA Lakers would want Kawhi instead 'cause winning titles is the top priority, especially considering they are in LA and dont fear players leaving for bigger market.

Stanley Kobrick
09-14-2020, 09:37 PM
after one month Kawhi is a still leading in votes for the most favorable choice over stephen curry

Gohan
09-14-2020, 09:41 PM
I imagine curry puts more people in the seats, he is tons more fun to watch, and is an all around better offensive player than Kawhi. Got to take curry though Kawhi is a good choice if you talk defense

MaxPlayer
09-14-2020, 10:01 PM
It's close but Curry stans are more annoying so I vote Kawhi

Shooter
09-14-2020, 10:12 PM

Give Dirk Goatbe and give Shaq Steve Nash (whups already saw that)

Stanley Kobrick
09-22-2020, 12:59 AM
20 votes for Kawhi. 13 for stephen curry

GimmeThat
09-22-2020, 01:42 AM
the guy who controls the shot clock instead of controlling the pace, since Curry's lack of size is disturbing.

wouldn't be surprised if Curry is trying to file some type of lawsuit against his former teammates/coaches/owners about his lack of masculinity, and say he was forced to play those games out of his will for the betterment of mankind.

he's probably already suffering signs of alzheimers and is forced to relocate in different scenarios to keep him under control from all the "I told you so"

Stanley Kobrick is trying to bring back Memento, only he may be underestimating the effects of black-outs to the bad.

Stanley Kobrick
09-22-2020, 05:45 AM
the guy who controls the shot clock instead of controlling the pace, since Curry's lack of size is disturbing.

wouldn't be surprised if Curry is trying to file some type of lawsuit against his former teammates/coaches/owners about his lack of masculinity, and say he was forced to play those games out of his will for the betterment of mankind.

he's probably already suffering signs of alzheimers and is forced to relocate in different scenarios to keep him under control from all the "I told you so"

Stanley Kobrick is trying to bring back Memento, only he may be underestimating the effects of black-outs to the bad.
i agree with you gimmethat

Stephonit
09-22-2020, 09:23 AM
The guy who got to the finals 5 straight times going through the West.

Axe
10-05-2020, 03:25 AM
Kawhi is 18-11 in head to head vs. curry, including being 8-5 in the postseason.

rawimpact
10-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Curry

He spreads the floor like no other player -- He would allow for another star to thrive/emerge.

Smoke117
10-05-2020, 08:36 AM
Stephanie, obviously. Even she's less pathetic than Kawhit Leotard.

Axe
09-12-2021, 04:21 AM
Kawhi leonard is now 20-12 vs. stephen curry in their h2h meetings. The gap just got wider lol.

SouBeachTalents
09-12-2021, 04:40 AM
Curry's certainly no iron man, but Kawhi's WAY too injury prone, and has virtually no leadership skills or intangibles, for me to pick him over similarly talented players to start a franchise. Kawhi's stock has taken a big hit the last 2 years, first with the colossal choke against the Nuggets, then costing the Clippers what would have been, at least imo, a probable championship by missing half of last years playoffs.

Phoenix
09-12-2021, 07:28 AM
With Kawhi's history of load management and team-hopping? Say what you want about Steph's lack of FMVPs or whatever, dude has 2 MVPs and spearheaded a 73 win team. Kawhit hasn't played that many games in a season in 5 years, likely won't ever again, and acts like a prima donna.

The cache on the 2019 chip( won against a Warriors squad that lost KD and Klay as the series went on) is pretty much up. Chokes against the Nuggets last year, then gets injured during this last playoffs and watches PG13 still lead the team to conference finals. I honestly think if PG13 went down and left Kawhi they lose against Utah. Not because of who's the better player, but Kawhi couldn't galvanize the troops if his life depended on it.

Jasper
09-12-2021, 11:02 AM
If lenard could talk and be healthy - I would of picked him / but glass ankles Curry has resolved his health issues and playing like a seasoned vet
Curry for me now.

Honor Boost
09-12-2021, 01:39 PM
Give Kawhi the core of Klay/Dray/Iggy and you would win more rings. You wouldn't get the fancy 73 wins but you wouldn't be choking in 2016 either.

This. The defense gets a majorly upgraded position and the offense stays about the same with Dray being the point-forward.

ralph_i_el
09-12-2021, 02:20 PM
As a young player? Or from this point on?

Phoenix
09-12-2021, 03:49 PM
This. The defense gets a majorly upgraded position and the offense stays about the same with Dray being the point-forward.

The offense doesn't stay remotely the same. Steph's gravity can't be replicated/duplicated and because he's always on the go he pulls the defensive attention with him, which opens the floor for everyone else. Dray without Steph on the floor is horrible if last year is anything to go off. They'd still be a good offense with Kawhi but it would be a far more predictable offense with more isolation-ball and less motion ( like what happened when Steph was out and the offense ran through Durant). The teams record was worse in that situation as well.......interesting.

j3lademaster
09-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Steph easily. Golden State was 2-7 without steph last year while the Raptors in 2019 were 17-5 without Kawhi. 21 Golden State wouldn't survive Kawhi's load managing, with Steph they were a game away from the playoffs. Golden state was 25th in D-rating in 2020 and 5th in D-rating in 2021 where Steph played the majority of the season. Steph is far from the defensive player Kawhi is, but Steph impacts his team's defense more. And lol at Draymond playing point-forward without stacked superstars. Did you not see the disaster he was without Steph and Klay? Just because he's a good passer and brings the ball up sometimes doesn't mean he can handle pg duties.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Obviously Kawhi.

Curry has never even averaged 30PPG in the playoffs and kawhi has 5X better defense

HBK_Kliq_2
09-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Steph easily. Golden State was 2-7 without steph last year while the Raptors in 2019 were 17-5 without Kawhi. 21 Golden State wouldn't survive Kawhi's load managing, with Steph they were a game away from the playoffs. Golden state was 25th in D-rating in 2020 and 5th in D-rating in 2021 where Steph played the majority of the season. Steph is far from the defensive player Kawhi is, but Steph impacts his team's defense more. And lol at Draymond playing point-forward without stacked superstars. Did you not see the disaster he was without Steph and Klay? Just because he's a good passer and brings the ball up sometimes doesn't mean he can handle pg duties.

Where you're mistaken is comparing a team that didn't even make the playoffs (2021 warriors) to a team that won a championship (2019 raptors).

kawhileonard2
06-05-2022, 12:08 AM
Kawhi no doubt

SouBeachTalents
06-05-2022, 01:20 AM
Hard to believe a thread could look so ridiculous less than 2 years later :lol

Phoenix
06-05-2022, 06:31 AM
Hard to believe a thread could look so ridiculous less than 2 years later :lol

Aged like milk in the desert.

Bronbron23
06-05-2022, 08:28 AM
Aged like milk in the desert.

This could flip around a year from now though. Obviously curry is the easy answer now with hindsight but what if warriors lose the finals and it's kawhi here next year instead?

Kawhi Not?
06-05-2022, 09:21 PM
Curry is a one of a kind player but I go with Kawhi. Kawhi is best two way player in the NBA

Axe
06-05-2022, 10:44 PM
Curry is a one of a kind player but I go with Kawhi. Kawhi is best two way player in the NBA
:cheers:

Btw, i hope you are not hbk dimwit. ;)

rmt
06-06-2022, 12:16 AM
Curry, because he's either playing for you or actually hurt.

This. And Curry will be a lifer while Kawhi is long gone (after Spurs developed him).

Spurs m8
06-06-2022, 02:46 AM
Is Kawhi even playing next season?lol

Any word?

Sulico
06-06-2022, 03:23 AM
This could flip around a year from now though. Obviously curry is the easy answer now with hindsight but what if warriors lose the finals and it's kawhi here next year instead?

It can't flip.

Kawhi not getting any more rings for the team that drafted him, since he left.

Stephonit
06-06-2022, 05:13 AM
Another common benchmark to consider: Kawhi and the Clippers taken to 7 games twice by Luka. Curry and the Warriors dismissed the Mavericks in 5.

Hoopexpert
06-06-2022, 05:18 AM
Bruh.

Does kawhi even play basketball anymore?

Spurs m8
06-06-2022, 05:45 AM
Bruh.

Does kawhi even play basketball anymore?

I heard he just plays with Uncle Denis's balls...has since late 2017

Phoenix
06-06-2022, 08:35 AM

The question is who are you starting a franchise with, Steph or Kawhi? Both Kawhi and Steph have been in the league over 10 years. Regardless of what happens in the future, you have to look at what they've been over what are now pretty lengthy careers. For one, Kawhi clearly isn't a lock to stay with your team. He's mercurial and prima donna in nature, and simply not as reliable. Steph always has been clearly the better franchise anchor.

But just on the basis of, where is each guy gonna be in a year? Well I think we've seen the best of Steph, at 34 this is the end of his prime but someone with his level of shooting will always space out the court and allow others to thrive in the Warriors machine. Kahwi ain't far behind though, he's 32 in a month and seems to have an injury that is going to prevent a healthy season+ playoff run. So at best you're getting 55-60 games, which caps the team as far as maximizing your record, and you're crossing your fingers that he makes it through a complete run.

Ultimately though, the Clippers best chance was in 2020 when they arguably had the best roster in the league with Kawhi hot off his Raptors run, and they squandered that. Then Kawhi got injured during the 2021 playoffs. In that period Phoenix has risen, Dallas is getting better and better, the Warriors are back, Denver will have Murray back to go with Joker at the peak of his powers, and so on. The Clippers window IMHO has already closed without major additions and an unlikely return to 2019 form for Kawhi. Even if he gets out of the west, Boston isn't going anywhere. The Bucks have a peak Giannis and with Middleton returning will always be a threat. This isn't 2019 Giannis on the come-up that the Raptors beat, he's figured it out since then.

Phoenix
06-06-2022, 08:37 AM
Another common benchmark to consider: Kawhi and the Clippers taken to 7 games twice by Luka. Curry and the Warriors dismissed the Mavericks in 5.

Not to forget that both the Mavs and Luka were less experienced in the years they took the Clippers to 7. I don't think the 2020 and 2021 Clippers beat this years Mavs.

Nb1
06-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Curry and it's not even debatable. Kawhi is by far the better player but whats the point being amazing if you can never count on him. I prefer having an average player than no player at all.

Axe
06-06-2022, 05:38 PM
With or without klay and iggy?

Stephonit
06-06-2022, 09:57 PM
With or without klay and iggy?

Klay coming back from ACL and achilles injury and ancient Iguodala or prime Paul George?

Shooter
06-06-2022, 10:03 PM

How could it change in a year you dolt? :lol

Nike D'Antoni
12-08-2022, 07:15 PM
Injuries to Kawhi tilt it to Curry. Altho, Curry early in his career was having injury troubles too.