PDA

View Full Version : Hornets broadcaster suspended for tweeting racial slur

bison
08-18-2020, 05:57 PM
The Charlotte Hornets suspended radio broadcaster John Focke indefinitely after he used a racial slur in a tweet about Monday's playoff game between the Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz.

Focke used the N-word instead of "Nuggets" in the tweet, which was later deleted. He apologized in a later tweet.

"Earlier today I made a horrific error while attempting to tweet about the Denver-Utah game," he wrote. "I don't know how I mistyped, I had (and have) no intention of ever using that word. I take full responsibility for my actions. I have been sick to my stomach about it ever since. I'm truly sorry that this happened and I apologize to those I offended."

Warning: n-bomb below

https://i.ibb.co/tzJkHxy/9-FFF89-AD-2-D8-D-48-CF-982-A-3-DD4-B434672-B.jpg

:roll: :roll:

How the **** do you even make that typo? Even with autocorrect ??

NBAGOAT
08-18-2020, 06:00 PM
u and t are by i and r on the keyboard so a typing mistake is what happened. there's no way this was autocorrect unless the dude is really racist and using the n word in every day convo :lol. Feel a little bad but this type of stupidity should be punished

freudian slip? intentional? the i is next to the u and the r is next to the t on the keyboard? who knows

Axe
08-18-2020, 06:06 PM
It was all michael jordan's fault for allowing such racist to broadcast for his team

warriorfan
08-18-2020, 06:28 PM
I don’t think you can even auto learn that on smart phones. If it was a auto correct issue he would of had to manually add it into his autocorrect dictionary... :biggums: :lol

Shogon
08-18-2020, 06:31 PM
I don’t think you can even auto learn that on smart phones. If it was a auto correct issue he would of had to manually add it into his autocorrect dictionary... :biggums: :lol

Bingo.

LOL.

ArbitraryWater
08-18-2020, 06:40 PM
Phone doesnt auto correct that by itself lol

And why is he sick to his stomach if it was an honest mistake? Lmao

Proctor
08-18-2020, 06:43 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fourkicks44
08-18-2020, 06:46 PM
https://youtu.be/uxLWctyLj8Y

Real Men Wear Green
08-18-2020, 06:52 PM
My guess is he was high in something. No one in his position would be stupid enough to do that sober.

highwhey
08-18-2020, 06:57 PM
Phone doesnt auto correct that by itself lol

And why is he sick to his stomach if it was an honest mistake? Lmao

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/gucci3.png

SouBeachTalents
08-18-2020, 07:21 PM
You can't just type that shit out in 2020 and have your career survive :lol You'd be finished if you did that for any organization, but the NBA :oldlol: It's unfortunate, but I still can't imagine how you accidentally send that out. Honestly makes me wonder if they'll be calls to change the name Nuggets after this. In our current political climate, nothing would surprise me

FourthTenor
08-18-2020, 07:57 PM
https://youtu.be/uxLWctyLj8Y

Came to make this exact reference :roll:

bigbrownschaub
08-18-2020, 08:03 PM
i mean he messed up. does he deserve to lose his JOB over it? what'er'we'dune here?

FourthTenor
08-18-2020, 08:03 PM
You can't just type that shit out in 2020 and have your career survive :lol You'd be finished if you did that for any organization, but the NBA :oldlol: It's unfortunate, but I still can't imagine how you accidentally send that out. Honestly makes me wonder if they'll be calls to change the name Nuggets after this. In our current political climate, nothing would surprise me

Given the similarity of the words and the proximity of the letters on the keyboard, plus the fact people make typos all the time typing quickly from their phone... this is actually not THAT unlikely. Like if you could do a simulation of someone typing Nuggets quickly on their phone a million times, it probably comes up ******s a good handful. Still weird that he wouldnt notice it, but again not impossible.

Hopefully he gets the benefit of the doubt and a “freak occurrence mulligan” but Im guessing he probably wont.

Wally450
08-18-2020, 08:21 PM
:roll::roll:

Whoah10115
08-18-2020, 11:38 PM
There's just no way he should get fired for this, as there's just no way this was anything beyond a typo.