PDA

View Full Version : The Houston experiment

oldtimer28
08-19-2020, 12:21 AM
How has small ball been? Anyone have stats before and after? Do houston struggle vs big teams now?

Think others try?

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 12:23 AM
I think they were 11-6 with small ball pre bubble. Dont want to put too much weight on bubble games since teams were resting. They absolutely torched okc today. adams got some easy post ups but it didnt matter. They can so easily switch every screen forced okc to settle for a lot of bad isolations

Stephonit
08-19-2020, 10:05 AM
This has the potential to be revolutionary. But it is too advanced a topic for the posters here.

Shogon
08-19-2020, 10:10 AM
This has the potential to be revolutionary. But it is too advanced a topic for the posters here.

It won't work if NBA teams pull their heads out of their asses and force their big men back into the post and start developing their post game rather than jacking 3s.

Believe me when I say, all it takes is a guy like Joel Embiid that stays strictly in the post with his team force feeding him, for the small ball concept to go by the wayside.

But nope... this bitch is out here shooting jumpers all game long. And when he does go into the post, his team is shitty at getting him the ball.

All of that is on the coach.

There is no reason for post play to have fallen off as hard as it has. NBA coaches are subject to the trend of the moment.

But yeah, if the coaches don't pull their heads out of their asses, you may be right.

Derka
08-19-2020, 10:12 AM
No team coached by Mike D'Antoni is ever going to win a title.

r0drig0lac
08-19-2020, 11:37 AM
It won't work if NBA teams pull their heads out of their asses and force their big men back into the post and start developing their post game rather than jacking 3s.

Believe me when I say, all it takes is a guy like Joel Embiid that stays strictly in the post with his team force feeding him, for the small ball concept to go by the wayside.

But nope... this bitch is out here shooting jumpers all game long. And when he does go into the post, his team is shitty at getting him the ball.

All of that is on the coach.

There is no reason for post play to have fallen off as hard as it has. NBA coaches are subject to the trend of the moment.

But yeah, if the coaches don't pull their heads out of their asses, you may be right.

agree