PDA

View Full Version : How does one get away with effort problem?

iamgine
08-19-2020, 01:25 AM
I see Whiteside tonight and it's obvious to me he's not putting out nearly the same valiant effort as his teammate Jusuf Nurkic. Boxscore watchers might see his 5 blocks and disagree but just watch the game. It's painfully obvious.

For example, Lillard is a bad defensive player but he did give effort on that end. Kobe took bad shots but you can see his effort. Harden used to not defend at all but he's a star so whatever.

Whiteside just look like he's walking around giving half assed care. This is a role player who should be giving his all like Dennis Rodman yet he plays like he's James Harden. How does his coach and teammates not chew him out every game?

warriorfan
08-19-2020, 01:28 AM
I see Whiteside tonight and it's obvious to me he's not putting out nearly the same valiant effort as his teammate Jusuf Nurkic. Boxscore watchers might see his 5 blocks and disagree but just watch the game. It's painfully obvious.

For example, Lillard is a bad defensive player but he did give effort on that end. Kobe took bad shots but you can see his effort. Harden used to not defend at all but he's a star so whatever.

Whiteside just look like he's walking around giving half assed care. This is a role player who should be giving his all like Dennis Rodman yet he plays like he's James Harden. How does his coach and teammates not chew him out every game?

He might have a shitty attitude and shuts down when they get on him. They have to just accept what he brings as any more pushing gets negative effects. Purely speculation though.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-19-2020, 01:38 AM
Whiteside anchored the paint tonight and blocked the shit out of LeBron on two different occasions, including one late 4th quarter.

Nurkic was watching LeBron get layups, almost as if he was a fan lol.

Whiteside is underrated I feel, he has just been on shitty teams. 2 time block leader, rebounding champ. When given the mins, he basically puts up prime Dwight Howard numbers.Whiteside just never played with offensive talent like Rashard/Hedo to carry him like Dwight did. That is until this season and look at the results blazers are getting.

Nurkic is a much better offensive player but he doesn't rim protect like Whiteside.

dreamshake
08-19-2020, 02:31 AM

Whiteside just doesn't care. He's the kind of guy that pouts when he doesn't get playing time. And when he does, he goes half ass which is a shame because if he played with a hustle, he'd be one of the top players in the league. There's a reason Rudy Gobert gets talked about. He actually cares and plays his ass off without the ego.

Sulico
08-19-2020, 02:54 AM
This is well-known issue. That's why Whiteside was out of NBA for a while. The Heat thought he grew up and matured and gave him that big ass contract, but turns out people don't really change.

He plays with an effort once in awhile, all fans can do is pray this happens this series.