PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron need to average a triple double for the Lakers to have a chance?

Docs Orders
08-19-2020, 01:33 AM
He had one of the best triple doubles in playoff history tonight and the Lakers still lost. Does he need to average a triple double this series for them to have a chance?

bullettooth
08-19-2020, 01:34 AM
Nah. Dude clearly needs more help.

I mean AD needs more help.

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 01:42 AM
Imagine it,

No one has ever done a playoff 20/15/15 game and Bron does a 23/17/16 on 50% game

Greatest to ever do it

LAL
08-19-2020, 01:43 AM
Y'all chumps still want triple doubles? 34/6/7 would be more impressive.

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 01:44 AM

:roll:

No one has ever done a playoff 20/15/15 game and Bron does a 23/17/16 on 50% game

Please try again

LAL
08-19-2020, 01:47 AM
Amazing, playing like he has no scoring responsibility because of high assist numbers and rebounds.

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 02:00 AM
No responsibility with 23 :lol

Try again

KobesFinger
08-19-2020, 06:33 AM
No, everybody else needs to hit shots. Can't expect to win by putting up bricks

ImKobe
08-19-2020, 06:37 AM
He needs to close games for the Lakers to win. Not go 1/3 with 0/2 FT in the last 4:24..

Gileraracer
08-19-2020, 06:48 AM
Stats > winning

Lebron style since day one

Gohan
08-19-2020, 07:02 AM
He needs more points less triple double.

Lebron23
08-19-2020, 07:10 AM
He needs more points less triple double.

This

Spurs m8
08-19-2020, 07:14 AM
LeBrons empty stats have sent OP to bed crying more times than he can remember, and he STILL doesn't understand his stat padding is cancer.

Boy oh boy

HylianNightmare
08-19-2020, 07:17 AM

This. Maybe next game

LAmbruh
08-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Appreciate the 5*s

3ball
08-19-2020, 07:24 AM
33/6/6 with goat D and clutch would win title every year with any contending team

23/16/17 - I don't even know what that is.. not a stat line or brand that can win that's for sure.. maybe if he had the goat center as a teammate that stat line can win

Gohan
08-19-2020, 07:29 AM
Lmao wtf is a 23 points? Sounds like bron needs to step his scoring game up

3ball
08-19-2020, 07:37 AM
Appreciate the 5*s

Lmao wtf is a 23 points? Sounds like bron needs to step his scoring game up

It proves that rebounds and assists are overrated individual stat categories. Points, clutch points, and per possession efficiency are the most important stats that drive winning the most

k0kakw0rld
08-19-2020, 08:41 AM
He had one of the best triple doubles in playoff history tonight and the Lakers still lost. Does he need to average a triple double this series for them to have a chance?
Padding the stats isn't a formula to win championships.

How about scoring more points LeBron James? How about not passing the ball to Caruso in crunch time and take manner into your own hands?

BETA game tbh

Bronbron23
08-19-2020, 11:29 AM

No he just needs to score more which i expect him to do

clutchinho
08-19-2020, 11:31 AM
That triple double was Westbrookesque

STATUTORY
08-19-2020, 11:33 AM
he needs to average 35+ points

rebounds and assists are meaningless

clutchinho
08-19-2020, 11:39 AM

I think they need his assists, this Lakers team has no playmakers other than Lebron which is why his +/- is so good when AD is arguably the better player and has better stats all round.

Lebron is no go-to scorer though, not his game, bad FT shooter, shaky jumpshot and if you load up the paint in the half court you turn him into a passer. Kyrie was a perfect fit for Lebron but I think he just ended up getting tired of the bullshit that comes along with being Lebron's teammate.

Thankfully for Lebron I dont think AD is smart enough to realise that.

Bronbron23
08-19-2020, 11:45 AM

Wouldn't say there meaningless but he definitely needs to score more and be more aggressive on the offensive end. Blazers weren't worried about bron at all. They put melo on him.

FireDavidKahn
08-19-2020, 12:36 PM
I mean, look what LeBron is against.

https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/1296104180357009408

Max Kellerman: “Damian Lillard is like Steph Curry, but a Steph Curry who gets better in the biggest moments.”

A Wardell Curry on steroids, a Curry clone in CJ (no disrespect to CJ but Lillard is just better.), an elite center and a DEEP bench.

Toughest team that LeBron has ever faced and better competition then MJ ever faced.

LAmbruh
08-19-2020, 12:38 PM

A Wardell Curry on steroids, a Curry clone in CJ (no disrespect to CJ but Lillard is just better.), an elite center and a DEEP bench.

Max spot on with that

5*

Gohan
08-19-2020, 12:43 PM
Wouldn't say there meaningless but he definitely needs to score more and be more aggressive on the offensive end. Blazers weren't worried about bron at all. They put melo on him.

Melo did a damn good job at that

ImKobe
08-19-2020, 12:45 PM

Toughest team that LeBron has ever faced and better competition then MJ ever faced.

Absolute bullshit. Curry's 10 - 0 against Lillard in the Playoffs. Came back from knee injury and dropped 40/9/8 on him first game back to win in OT in 2016 (17 points in that overtime alone). Swept him in the WCF last year (no KD, Iguodala injured), averaging 37/8/7 on 66%TS to Lillard's 22/5/9 on 55%TS. It's not close.

HoopsNY
08-19-2020, 12:51 PM

Not necessarily. He needs to play better defensively and takeover 4th quarters as opposed to focusing on assists if his team is struggling offensively. I'm sure he can do it, he just needs to do it.

When the offense is rolling, sure, stack up them assists. But last night wasn't one of those nights.

HoopsNY
08-19-2020, 12:54 PM
33/6/6 with goat D and clutch would win title every year with any contending team

23/16/17 - I don't even know what that is.. not a stat line or brand that can win that's for sure.. maybe if he had the goat center as a teammate that stat line can win

Stop hating. He had a remarkable game and was clearly the best player on the court for L.A. But his problem is when his team needed elite scoring in the 4th quarter, he didn't provide it.

FireDavidKahn
08-19-2020, 01:02 PM
The biggest thing is that AD is being a cancer and refusing to play center.

LAmbruh
08-19-2020, 01:12 PM
Lakersground and /r/Lakers tearing into AD and KCP hard rn

Honestly feel bad but dudes gotta step up, no hate

Indian guy
08-19-2020, 01:16 PM
23 points on 20 shots on a team that struggles to shoot and lacks other reliable creators simply won't cut it. LeBron needs to be an elite scorer out there. Someone who can consistently create high % offensive plays merely by trying harder ala other superstars. Problem is, he just doesn't possess that ability anymore. And barring a 2 week stretch prior to the pandemic, he hasn't displayed that ability all year. And I talked about it ad nauseum. Over and over I said LA's championship hopes are a pipe dream with this LeBron. He's old.

His scoring metrics this season are all career lows since his rookie year. The eye test clearly backs this up too - he lacks explosiveness to get past the first line of defense and he struggles finishing in the half-court. I mean, that's his whole game - explosive speed and finishing. And he's 35 with unprecedented mileage, so there's no shame in that. But people need to accept reality on who he is.

STATUTORY
08-19-2020, 01:33 PM
23 points on 20 shots on a team that struggles to shoot and lacks other reliable creators simply won't cut it. LeBron needs to be an elite scorer out there. Someone who can consistently create high % offensive plays merely by trying harder ala other superstars. Problem is, he just doesn't possess that ability anymore. And barring a 2 week stretch prior to the pandemic, he hasn't displayed that ability all year. And I talked about it ad nauseum. Over and over I said LA's championship hopes are a pipe dream with this LeBron. He's old.

His scoring metrics this season are all career lows since his rookie year. The eye test clearly backs this up too - he lacks explosiveness to get past the first line of defense and he struggles finishing in the half-court. I mean, that's his whole game - explosive speed and finishing. And he's 35 with unprecedented mileage, so there's no shame in that. But people need to accept reality on who he is.

a Bran stan who's not afraid to tell the truth. respect

these 20 point + some meaningless rebounds/assists might make for a pretty statline but they won't win games this series. the team needs Lebron to be a GO TO scorer

can he do it?

Nashty
08-19-2020, 01:39 PM
He needs to score more, especially in the 4th. Davis is not a closer, and role players like KCP and Kuzma can't hit big shots.

PP34Deuce
08-19-2020, 01:40 PM
The sky is falling! lol this is hilarious. Lakers lost a game they should have won and they choked it. That's simple. Defensively they were not bad. They outrebounded. They missed free throws and Lebron was a big part of that.

Bronbron23
08-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Melo did a damn good job at that

yeah he did. I dont know how much of that was him or just bron just not being as aggressive as he could or should of been. I think if bron had of been aggressive and attacking theres not much melo could do.

goozeman
08-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Team assists > individual assists. Lakers had more assists than Portland, but Portland is the worst assisting team in the league so that's not saying much. Lakers were still below league average last night. Despite James' gaudy numbers, they were nothing special as a whole moving the ball. Lakers still win in six. Portland proved once again last night that you never go against hot team coming into a tournament.

Gohan
08-19-2020, 02:35 PM
True used to drive past melo every time, but melo did play good defense though regardless