PDA

View Full Version : Do yall actually believe blazers have a chance?

Bronbron23
08-19-2020, 11:43 AM
its game 1. Theres lot of ball to be played. Lebron was trying to get others involved and it didn't work. They got good looks alot of the time shots just weren't falling. Look for lebron to come out super aggressive looking for his shot next game. No way lakers lose this series

clutchinho
08-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Blazers have no chance the talent gap is just too big, 2 stars always beat 1 in the NBA (2011 the exception).

Lakers won't shoot that badly again, but Portland did show they can hang when the game gets slowed down and physical which is how the Lakers want to play. Lakers win but will be a tough series.

Turbo Slayer
08-19-2020, 11:47 AM
Yes.

imdaman99
08-19-2020, 11:56 AM
There's a chance, especially now that they willed through the first win. But i say Lakers in 6. Initially i thought it was gonna be in 5 but blazers will steal another. Lakers will win games 2 and 3 to get the momentum back.

Turbo Slayer
08-19-2020, 11:57 AM
Blazers are fxcking scary. Nurkic is a huge factor. The Blazers with Nurkic were 30-12 last season. That's roughly a 59 win pace.

STATUTORY
08-19-2020, 12:00 PM
they definitely can based on basketball reasons alone, but the real question is whether refs will allow it to happen

Turbo Slayer
08-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Lakers this season were on a 60 win pace. I expect the series to be competitive and go 6-7 games.

coin24
08-19-2020, 12:01 PM
Offensively I never had any doubts. Didn't realise they could actually play defense, this changes everything

Bronbron23
08-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Offensively I never had any doubts. Didn't realise they could actually play defense, this changes everything

yeah i thought the same. Outside of Whiteside i Still don't think they can defend. Lakers missed alot of easy ones and lebron wasnt aggressive at all. I still think lakers win. Might have change from 5 games to 6 though.

RoseCity07
08-19-2020, 05:59 PM
The problem here is reffing. Nurkic got called for the most garbage backcourt illegal screen. One of the cheesiest calls I've seen in a playoff game. Then I think Danny Green hacked the shit outta him and they let it go. The refs would not let Portland build a lead.

Blazers are good enough but not if the refs foul out all our players. We had 4 players with 5 fouls. Absurd.

MrFonzworth
08-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Yeah. Lakers shooters are hit or miss. They also have their own twin towers to match up against LA. I'm taking the Lakers over any other team though.

talkingconch
08-19-2020, 06:22 PM
there not winning. it'll probably go 6 or 7 games. Davis won't be awful in the first couple quarters like he was last game, and Portland had the 3 ball go there way late last game.

any great player wouldn't allow this (Lebron, AD). In the end, talent alone will get the lakers the win.

Spurs m8
08-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Adam Silver will be the biggest hurdle for the Blazers.

tpols
08-19-2020, 06:26 PM
The variance of the 3 pt shot makes anything possible. Although I dont expect them to shoot 5-32 from 3 again... they aren't a great jumpshooting team. AD has an old school face up game that isnt built for 3's, Lebron was laying bricks, and even KCP and Danny green went 2-13 on open looks. Dead ass I think I could've made some of these shots over them.

Either way, Silver is going to protect his cash cow and golden boy matchup ~ Clippers Lakers. Expect a big FT disparity in game 2.

tpols
08-19-2020, 06:30 PM
yeah i thought the same. Outside of Whiteside i Still don't think they can defend. Lakers missed alot of easy ones and lebron wasnt aggressive at all. I still think lakers win. Might have change from 5 games to 6 though.

LMAO if you think Lakers sweep the next 4 games.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-19-2020, 06:32 PM
No one does

Portland is at +2500 to win the series

You could make hella.money if you think they winning but cowards won't put money up

tpols
08-19-2020, 06:38 PM
No one does

Portland is at +2500 to win the series

You could make hella.money if you think they winning but cowards won't put money up

Nobody is going to bet on a rigged outcome. The Blazers will have to shoot like 60% from 3 to keep up with the Lakers once Silver puts in the fix. Blocking fouls galore, all AD and Lebron will have to do is bowl to the rim and theyre going to get a shit ton of calls and they know this going forward.

talkingconch
08-19-2020, 06:43 PM
Nobody is going to bet on a rigged outcome. The Blazers will have to shoot like 60% from 3 to keep up with the Lakers once Silver puts in the fix. Blocking fouls galore, all AD and Lebron will have to do is bowl to the rim and theyre going to get a shit ton of calls and they know this going forward.

pretty much this. I don't expect AD to play like this for 3 more games. And expect a monster game point-wise from Lebron too. Lakers will be fine.

However, if they lose this next game. Then thats when you start to worry a bit.