PDA

View Full Version : Dame is the best player Lebron has faced in a non-finals playoff series...

Magic 32
08-19-2020, 01:41 PM
...since Derek Rose in 2011.

SamuraiSWISH
08-19-2020, 07:49 PM
Agreed. Oddly both Adidas athletes, and PGs.

Only player comp equal or better was Curry, Leonard, and KD

Spurs m8
08-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Lucky he hid out East most of his career.

We all know what his finals record is lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-19-2020, 07:53 PM
What makes Dame better than 06 Gilbert Arenas?

Dame will get backdoor swept the same and u nikkas will start the excuses :oldlol:

SaltyMeatballs
08-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Roy Hibbert exists

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-19-2020, 08:00 PM
Dame is a better player than Rose.

And Portland is the best in-conference team he's faced since 09 Orlando. The Blazers might even be better.

In other words, Bron and LA got their hands full.

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 08:02 PM

And Portland is the best in-conference team he's faced since 09 Orlando. The Blazers might even be better.

What I'm trying to say is, Bron and LA got their hands full.

you think por is better than boston or even indiana. I disagree. if por had collins healthy and ariza then I could see it

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-19-2020, 08:06 PM
you think por is better than boston or even indiana. I disagree. if por had collins healthy and ariza then I could see it

Actually forgot about Boston in 2010. Good call. The Blazers are in that class depending on the rules though.

I'd take this Portland team over Indiana, and basically everyone else.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-19-2020, 08:13 PM
People forget, but Lebron had a big opportunity to go up 3-1 vs Boston in 10.

In Game 5, he inexplicably goes awol and then faltered the remaining games. That "Lelbowgate" shit was weird.

NBASTATMAN
08-19-2020, 08:20 PM
...since Derek Rose in 2011.

DAME IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME.. I SAID THAT WEEKS AGO.. He is just better than Lebron right now..

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 08:27 PM
Actually forgot about Boston in 2010. Good call. The Blazers are in that class depending on the rules though.

I'd take this Portland team over Indiana, and basically everyone else.

alright. indiana wasnt that noteworthy with talent but their defense was elite tbf. I think I might still be too low on melo though he played well yesterday, just see him a liability and not a starter on like 25/30 teams in the league

SamuraiSWISH
08-19-2020, 08:28 PM

In other words, Bron and LA got their hands full.

No. Both in terms of the comparison against Derrick Rose, and in conference competition. The 2011 Bulls were better than the 2009 Magic. It took LeBron, Wade, and Bosh to beat that team. Derrick well past his prime and other worldly physicality just dropped 50 a year or so ago in this soft ass, pace and space league.

tpols
08-19-2020, 08:31 PM
true... pretty crazy. a decade of joke conference competition.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-19-2020, 08:33 PM
No. Both in terms of the comparison against Derrick Rose, and in conference competition. The 2011 Bulls were better than the 2009 Magic. It took LeBron, Wade, and Bosh to beat that team. Derrick well past his prime and other worldly physicality just dropped 50 a year or so ago in this soft ass, pace and space league.

The 2011 Bulls were pretenders.

Good team in that conference, but outside of Derrick, they were garbage on O. That's backed by his On-Off / Net rating.

When Bron locked up the "MVP", Chicago went into their shell and never came back out.

tpols
08-19-2020, 08:33 PM
Roy Hibbert exists

You should be banned for this poast.

Mods?

ArbitraryWater
08-19-2020, 08:36 PM
This would go for most players.

Current Dame is arguably the best in the world.

He has been refered to my several media people.

He was also voted Bubble MVP.

He was the MVP of the last 10% of the RS, and had similar stretches throughout the year.

So this isn‘t saying anything.

ArbitraryWater
08-19-2020, 08:37 PM

11 Rose isn‘t even close to current Dame STFU

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 08:39 PM
dont want to retract from the east being weak this decade since it was but using best player is a lazy way to define teams. tatum and siakam are the best guys likely on bos and tor with neither being top 10 players; both teams are legitimate competition this year. Meanwhile philly on paper before the season had 2 top 15 stars and people will still pick simmons over tatum/siakam. Look at the good all that talent did them.

Reggie43
08-19-2020, 08:42 PM
Roy Hibbert exists

This

Pushed the Heatles to 7 games while doing his Jabbar impersonation.

It was great while it lasted lol

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 08:44 PM
dont want to retract from the east being weak this decade since it was but using best player is a lazy way to define teams. tatum and siakam are the best guys likely on bos and tor with neither being top 10 players; both teams are legitimate competition this year. Meanwhile philly on paper before the season had 2 top 15 stars and people will still pick simmons over tatum/siakam. Look at the good all that talent did them.

+1

How low can IQ get in this place?

Also

2018 Oladipo says hi
2018 Tatum says hi

That was just a year ago :lol

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 08:46 PM
+1

How low can IQ get in this place?

Also

2018 Oladipo says hi
2018 Tatum says hi

That was just a year ago :lol

those guys are worse than dame you moron :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-19-2020, 08:48 PM

Word.

I think all those teams were decent too. Chicago, Orlando and Indiana were elite relative to their competition.

999Guy
08 Garnett and 09 Dwight are easily better.

Lillard is really overrated for a couple months of hot shooting. This team only even got good because of Nurkic coming back, playing the high impact two-way style at a worse level than Garnett or Howard did.

Wally450
2011 Derrick Rose won game 1 too. What happened after that...

NBAGOAT
08-19-2020, 08:53 PM
Word.

I think all those teams were decent too. Chicago, Orlando and Indiana were elite relative to their competition.

yea the really trash years were 14 and 15 at least based on RS. think east was close to .500 vs the west in 2012 though less top end contenders. indiana fell off so hard in 14 and dallas went to 7 vs sa, some will argue the all 8 playoff teams in the west were better than indiana though i dont quote buy that. You can definitely do so for the top 5 in the west in 15. Butler/gasol werent that bad however

SamuraiSWISH
08-19-2020, 08:55 PM
The 2011 Bulls were pretenders.

Good team in that conference, but outside of Derrick, they were garbage on O. That's backed by his On-Off / Net rating.

When Bron locked up the "MVP", Chicago went into their shell and never came back out.
On offense. But defensive beasts. If they had just kept someone like Ben Gordon, or of Jimmy Butler came into the league how eventually ended up becoming. Lights out. Hell, Chicago had a legitimate chance to up end LeBitchhh and super friends in 2012, 2013 and 2015 with injured Rose or a shell of himself version of him that was a shell of himself. It took those three super friend cowards teaming up just to beat him. Not because of him, but youÂ’re shrugging them off as legit competition. They were his best competition. The Celtics had aged out and were done. And then we know the Eastern conference was trash from 2012 until 2019

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 09:24 PM
those guys are worse than dame you moron :lol

Closer than you think moron :lol

2018 Oladipo
23-5-4 on 47/37/80
Led the league in steals

Playoffs
23-8-6 on 42/40/73

2018 Dipo won 48 games

2020 Dame
On pace for 39 wins :lol

tpols
08-19-2020, 09:28 PM
If the 2011 Bulls had dame instead of rose, they could've beat the heat. Rose wasn't any catalyst for their defense... Noah, Deng, Bogans, Taj Gibson etc. were. Rose's biggest playoff fault was he couldn't hit the long jumper. Look up his %'s... he was ass. Meanwhile Dame is putting up UMVP Chef level 3 point avalanches. Shit... CJ was a better shooter and scorer than Derrick Rose. Better touch on all shots. Rose was a wild athlete that got hot for one regular season and everybody bought the small sample size. He is truly one of the most overrated players of all time.

Docs Orders
08-19-2020, 09:30 PM
2014 Paul George was better, so was 2012 Melo

Lebron23
08-19-2020, 09:35 PM
If the 2011 Bulls had dame instead of rose, they could've beat the heat. Rose wasn't any catalyst for their defense... Noah, Deng, Bogans, Taj Gibson etc. were. Rose's biggest playoff fault was he couldn't hit the long jumper. Look up his %'s... he was ass. Meanwhile Dame is putting up UMVP Chef level 3 point avalanches. Shit... CJ was a better shooter and scorer than Derrick Rose. Better touch on all shots. Rose was a wild athlete that got hot for one regular season and everybody bought the small sample size. He is truly one of the most overrated players of all time.

Nobody is going to beat a 27 years old lebron in a playoffs series. Heat were actually a great perimeter defensive team.

TheCorporation
08-19-2020, 09:42 PM
2014 Paul George was better, so was 2012 Melo

Bingo

Plus 2015 Butler and 2015 Rose

So pretty much every year :roll:

Next

Axe
08-19-2020, 10:37 PM
Lol if anything, portland just became the first western team he's facing in the first round of the postseason.

FromDowntown
08-20-2020, 11:21 PM
iS dAmE dA bEsS LeBroN EvEr fAcEd?

Who? That old 2018 Oladipo Western Fella?

Nah :pimp:

FKAri
08-20-2020, 11:30 PM
By the end of the month The Blazers will be looked at just like that Pacers team that Lebron banished.

LAmbruh
08-20-2020, 11:35 PM
jeff teague looking like a bigger threat than dame lillard tbh

FromDowntown
08-20-2020, 11:37 PM
jeff teague looking like a bigger threat than dame lillard tbh

Them 2015 5-all star Hawks were loaded. Much stronger than this Blazers squad.

miggyme1
08-21-2020, 03:32 AM
Nah...a young lebron faced a prime gilbert arenas in the first round a few times...this was a gilbert arenas that was lighting everybody up and was dubbed “kobe of the east”. I like dame but a prime gilbert was a little bit better. Dame is a hell of a player but gilbert was essentially what james harden is now and i think we all can agree harden is better than dame.

Gudo
08-21-2020, 01:43 PM
I just hope the injury does not slow him down by a lot

Gougou
08-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Maybe Arenas, Rose and Pacers George, Pacers George was something.

But yeah Lillard is crazy good aswell.

I also think Gilbert would perform even better in today's game.

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 02:17 PM

Elite defense but no offense outside of D Rose in 11' (#1 defense but #11 on offense). Boozer was signed to be the second option and he was a disappointment in Chicago--especially in the 11' playoffs (part of what made "shutting down" Rose so lethal--no one was there to pick up the slack).

12' was the year the Bulls had a legit chance. #2 defense with the #5 offense and that was with Rose missing 40% of the season.

The OP talks about since 11' and within conference. Lillard, Carmelo, 15' Butler, George, Gasol, pre-injury IT would be the best players during that time frame. 12' Boston probably the best team.

If you talk about his entire career (as some responses are) then it is MVP Rose, Howard, and 08' KG (he was a MVP candidate in 08') at the top with the guys listed previously joined by prime Pierce, prime Allen, Billups, and Arenas in tiers behind them.

Vino24
08-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Thread peaked too soon

RRR3
08-21-2020, 03:13 PM
Giannis and Joel Embiid are both better than Lillard and it’s supposedly LeBron’s fault those two couldn’t go far enough to face him in the playoffs lol.

Also Lillard isn’t necessarily better than Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 03:33 PM
Also Lillard isn’t necessarily better than Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

There were people talking about how great and flawless (no critiques of PG across 45 pages) PG was for dozens of pages--suddeny silent in this thread now that it is convenient to diminish PG to denigrate the East. :lol

red1
08-21-2020, 03:54 PM
There were people talking about how great and flawless (no critiques of PG across 45 pages) PG was for dozens of pages--suddeny silent in this thread now that it is convenient to diminish PG to denigrate the East. :lol

:roll:

I pray that playoff piss and shitmelo chuck their respective teams out of the series one more time - for old times sake :roll:

Hey Yo
08-21-2020, 08:45 PM
People forget, but Lebron had a big opportunity to go up 3-1 vs Boston in 10.

In Game 5, he inexplicably goes awol and then faltered the remaining games. That "Lelbowgate" shit was weird.

27-19-10 in a must win game 6 is considered faltering?

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 09:06 PM
Elite defense but no offense outside of D Rose in 11' (#1 defense but #11 on offense). Boozer was signed to be the second option and he was a disappointment in Chicago--especially in the 11' playoffs (part of what made "shutting down" Rose so lethal--no one was there to pick up the slack).

12' was the year the Bulls had a legit chance. #2 defense with the #5 offense and that was with Rose missing 40% of the season.

The OP talks about since 11' and within conference. Lillard, Carmelo, 15' Butler, George, Gasol, pre-injury IT would be the best players during that time frame. 12' Boston probably the best team.

If you talk about his entire career (as some responses are) then it is MVP Rose, Howard, and 08' KG (he was a MVP candidate in 08') at the top with the guys listed previously joined by prime Pierce, prime Allen, Billups, and Arenas in tiers behind them.

Too bad Rose got hurt that changed Lebron's fortune. Bulls would have been the team coming out in 2012 and probably 2014.