PDA

View Full Version : "PLAYOFF" P with 14 points on 4/17 shooting

STATUTORY
08-20-2020, 07:16 AM
they really need to rescind that nickname from paul george, it might give people the wrong idea that he's good in the postseason

E_Stamkos
08-20-2020, 08:48 AM
I mean, he has a decent track record in the post season so I don't think it's fair to write him off after a stinker.

The Clippers are still taking this.

LAL
08-20-2020, 08:52 AM
Internet's a strange place, a week ago most were saying he should be taking more shots than Kawhi and be the closer.

Ghost1
08-20-2020, 08:56 AM
thick rick targeting playoff p :lol

https://youtu.be/BbqVCG4oweA?t=315

coin24
08-20-2020, 09:27 AM
Playoff shrivelled small p

Gohan
08-20-2020, 10:22 AM
Clippers still gonna win

Doranku
08-20-2020, 01:37 PM
I mean, he has a decent track record in the post season so I don't think it's fair to write him off after a stinker.

The Clippers are still taking this.

:oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 01:44 PM
Clippers still gonna win

I hope so man. As long as Kawhi's teammates step up. 76.9 offensive rating with Kawhi off? I don't think a team has ever won a title like that.

Roundball_Rock
08-20-2020, 02:06 PM
I hope so man. As long as Kawhi's teammates step up. 76.9 offensive rating with Kawhi off? I don't think a team has ever won a title like that.

:biggums: How is that even possible for NBA players?

Gohan
08-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Clippers will figure it out. Gotta find a way to stop porzingiz. I’m not worried bout luka, they’re worse when he’s on the floor

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 11:52 PM
George bounces back with a 3 for 16 performance. 7 for 33 (21%) over the last two games.

warriorfan
08-21-2020, 11:54 PM
George bounces back with a 3 for 16 performance. 7 for 33 (21%) over the last two games.

Looks like a playoff Pippen statline

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Playoff peashooter

:oldlol:

When guy starts bricking he really lays it on thick. In all seriousness though, George did play good defense tonight.

Stanley Kobrick
08-21-2020, 11:57 PM
:cheers:

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 11:58 PM
Looks like a playoff Pippen statline

Yep. 1998 Game 1 vs Indiana he was 1-9

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 11:59 PM
They are struggling against a 7 seed. What happens when they face better teams? You can't cede 120+ every game.

warriorfan
08-22-2020, 12:08 AM
Yep. 1998 Game 1 vs Indiana he was 1-9

The original playoff p

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:11 AM
:sleeping

This message is hidden because warriorfan is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 12:32 AM
He was playmaking well today but scoring he just overthinks everything. Getting a little sad on George's part. George needs to offer his wife to Kawhi when the bubble allows guests, a thank you for the carry job. Stop overthinking every shot when you're playing a mediocre defense, what a geek so far. Morris has easily been clippers 2nd best player in the playoffs, he's actually tough and doesn't overthink every time he touches the ball.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:33 AM
He is getting good looks and just bricking.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 12:34 AM
They are struggling against a 7 seed. What happens when they face better teams? You can't cede 120+ every game.

Lou can score, harreell can score, Morris can score is the good news. And Kawhi is dropping 35 every night. Eventually George will hopefully get out of his slump. I rather him struggle vs mavs then in west finals, sometimes it's all about matchups.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 12:35 AM
He is getting good looks and just bricking.

He has only played like 8 games in 5 months. Not everybody is a machine like Kawhi. Hopefully by west finals he gets his act together, Morris/Lou/Harrell can pick up the slack in the meantime.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-22-2020, 12:36 AM
He was playmaking well today but scoring he just overthinks everything. Getting a little sad on George's part. George needs to offer his wife to Kawhi when the bubble allows guests, a thank you for the carry job. Stop overthinking every shot when you're playing a mediocre defense, what a geek so far. Morris has easily been clippers 2nd best player in the playoffs, he's actually tough and doesn't overthink every time he touches the ball.

George has been shut down by Joe Ingles, Al Farouq Aminu and now Dorian Finney Smith in the playoffs

Wild Wild West is just a different game

babyboi learned quick and said it himself post game

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:36 AM
They can and are scoring. The problem is they are giving up 120 on defense with Luka or KP out for a decent chunk of the series via ejection or injuries.

He has only played like 8 games in 5 months. Not everybody is a machine like Kawhi. Hopefully by west finals he gets his act together, Morris/Lou/Harrell can pick up the slack in the meantime.

He was playing well in the bubble before the PO lights came on, though. 26/5/4 in 33 MPG on 48% FG.

George has been shut down by Joe Ingles, Al Farouq Aminu and now Dorian Finney Smith in the playoffs

MJ stans were saying en masse he was an elite scorer 2-3 weeks ago. Now Joe Ingles and DFS can shut him down. What changed?

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 12:39 AM
They can and are scoring. The problem is they are giving up 120 on defense with Luka or KP out for a decent chunk of the series via ejection or injuries.

He was playing well in the bubble before the PO lights came on, though.

They were up 20 on Dallas in the game and in full control the entire time though. It never felt like Dallas had a chance. Luka's on/off was also atrocious today. Good news for clippers, Beverly will have about a week rest by game 4 and is most likely returning. That will help the D

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 12:40 AM

Wild Wild West is just a different game

babyboi learned quick and said it himself post game

He's putting up the same numbers as Lebron, so I'm not worried about it. Kawhi will baptize Anthony Davis in a duel.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:46 AM
He's putting up the same numbers as Lebron, so I'm not worried about it.

That perception is because 35 year old LeBron is held to so much of a higher standard than peak PG. LeBron is 17/12/12 on 42%. George is 17/7/4 on 31%. George is taking more shots to score the same while not coming close on the glass and in assists. The argument in theory would be defense--but Dallas is averaging about 120 PPG so that doesn't fly.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 01:05 AM
That perception is because 35 year old LeBron is held to so much of a higher standard than peak PG. LeBron is 17/12/12 on 42%. George is 17/7/4 on 31%. George is taking more shots to score the same while not coming close on the glass and in assists. The argument in theory would be defense--but Dallas is averaging about 120 PPG so that doesn't fly.

But Lakers don't really have a Harrell or Lou or Morris as backup for when their stars are struggling. Kawhi is playing like black Jesus right now, so it really doesn't matter to be honest with you.

Mavs game 1 luka led them to a 98 offensive rating

Game 2 luka sat out all 2nd half besides 9 minutes

Game 3 clippers were up 15-20 points when luka was on the court

Its looking really bad for mavs right now. Curry/Hardaway dominating for spurts is cute but your stars have to win you series and Luka isn't doing that.

Marchesk
08-22-2020, 01:26 AM
Pandemic P is trending on r/nba.

LoneyROY7
08-22-2020, 02:11 AM
This man Playoff P literally just said in his postgame presser that he's not a scorer.

"I'm no James Harden - that's not my knack to just shoot or score the ball."

:oldlol: :oldlol:

FromDowntown
08-22-2020, 02:18 AM
This man Playoff P literally just said in his postgame presser that he's not a scorer.

"I'm no James Harden - that's not my knack to just shoot or score the ball."

:oldlol: :oldlol:

:lol

That dude is pathetic. #2 option, dropped 28 a game last year, taking MORE shots than Kawhi this series, "Not a scorer doe"

coin24
08-22-2020, 02:56 AM
Missing P...

pg sucking ass, you dont say:oldlol:

Gray GOAT
08-22-2020, 03:00 AM
Pandemic P.

Kblaze8855
08-22-2020, 06:28 AM
"I'm no James Harden (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3992/james-harden)," George said of how he tries to impact the game on both ends of the floor. "That's not my knack ... to just shoot the ball, score the ball. I can and I pride myself on being effective on both ends. But there's going to be nights like this where I just can't make a shot, and I can't allow that to affect my game."
"Shot-making ... scoring the ball is not what I [only] do," he added. "I try to do everything, I try to play the game the right way and just get lost in the game and try to pass the ball and make plays defensively, rebound. Just a little bit of everything. I am going through a tough time, but good thing about it, we are up 2-1 in this series and I haven't shot the ball well."

He is fundamentally right. Fans have a huge obsession with the 15 seconds of shots he missed and not the 38 minutes of basketball because fans largely seem to think shooting percentage is basketball.

If you win and have bad stats the appropriate response is:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessSourBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

id say. **** the stat sheet.

That said....if he dropped 45 he’d probably have a different opinion at the moment.

Gohan
08-22-2020, 06:35 PM
This kind of reminded me of Iverson except Iverson was facing the roughest defenses ive ever seen one man face. Definitely for a 6 foot guard

Doranku
08-22-2020, 07:36 PM
He is fundamentally right. Fans have a huge obsession with the 15 seconds of shots he missed and not the 38 minutes of basketball because fans largely seem to think shooting percentage is basketball.

If you win and have bad stats the appropriate response is:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessSourBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

id say. **** the stat sheet.

That said....if he dropped 45 he’d probably have a different opinion at the moment.

Yeah, that's how you don't improve as a player.

Roundball_Rock
08-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Dallas' MVP is Luka but PG deserves an honorable mention for being second. :oldlol:

ImKobe
08-23-2020, 06:45 PM
Made a huge go-ahead shot in OT, shame Doc Rivers is the worst situational coach of all-time. Reggie Jackson got burnt on so many possessions and he was still out there on the last one in OT :kobe:

Roundball_Rock
08-23-2020, 06:46 PM
Yeah and missed a lay up on the next possession. PG is the reason there was an OT. If he gave them anything with what Williams and Kawhi did it would have been over.

colts19
08-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Clippers will figure it out. Gotta find a way to stop porzingiz. I’m not worried bout luka, they’re worse when he’s on the floor

Are you worried yet?

ImKobe
08-23-2020, 06:48 PM
Yeah and missed a lay up on the next possession. PG is the reason there was an OT. If he gave them anything with what Williams and Kawhi did it would have been over.

Not really, Lou Williams missed a FT that would have won it. I thought it was bad when WB chucked it and didn't let PG touch the ball, the Clippers' offense is doing him even worse.

SouBeachTalents
08-23-2020, 07:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/M5Y83OH.gif

LoneyROY7
08-23-2020, 07:01 PM
Made a huge go-ahead shot in OT, shame Doc Rivers is the worst situational coach of all-time. Reggie Jackson got burnt on so many possessions and he was still out there on the last one in OT :kobe:

Imagine still defending Playoff P right now. :oldlol:

He's shooting 29 percent for the series. Let that sink in.

RRR3
08-23-2020, 07:03 PM
Lmao I’m just imagining how bad you’d be shitting on grandpa LeBron if he had the exact same game. Your double standards are hilarious.

Roundball_Rock
08-23-2020, 07:06 PM
Lmao I’m just imagining how bad you’d be shitting on grandpa LeBron if he had the exact same game. Your double standards are hilarious.

Especially after he spent 45 pages recently touting how great a scorer PG is. Now it is, hey, he made one basket, doe! :lol

ImKobe
08-23-2020, 07:10 PM
Especially after he spent 45 pages recently touting how great a scorer PG is. Now it is, hey, he made one basket, doe! :lol

Keep that same energy for the rest of the Playoffs.

LAmbruh
08-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Poor ImKobrick

BEGGING for Playoff P to sign with Lakers, had him in his avatar all last year

YIKES! :roll: :roll: