PDA

View Full Version : how is Luka Doncic not the consensus best player in the league right now?

STATUTORY
08-20-2020, 09:03 AM
why the hesitation to crown this man? :confusedshrug:

nineiron
08-20-2020, 09:14 AM

racism

LAL
08-20-2020, 09:15 AM

How about we wait untill he finishes his first playoff series? The young and unproven superstars are trying to get to that kd/curry/kawhi/lebron level first, winning = bigger status, then you have the older superstars who haven't won but played on a high level for years, they are closer to that level.

Lebron23
08-20-2020, 09:24 AM
How about we wait untill he finishes his first playoff series? The young and unproven superstars are trying to get to that kd/curry/kawhi/lebron level first, winning = bigger status, then you have the older superstars who haven't won but played on a high level for years, they are closer to that level.

First time i agree with your posts. By the way plenty of Filipinos are going to play in the nba decade in this decade. Remy Martin, Kai Sotto, and Potential top 3 pick Jalen Green.

LAL
08-20-2020, 09:44 AM
First time i agree with your posts. By the way plenty of Filipinos are going to play in the nba decade in this decade. Remy Martin, Kai Sotto, and Potential top 3 pick Jalen Green.

i'm.. happy for the philippines ?

Lebron23
08-20-2020, 09:48 AM
i'm.. happy for the philippines ?

You're a filipino

LAL
08-20-2020, 09:50 AM
You're a filipino

No weirdo. Let's just hope lebron comes out scoring tonight, less rajon rondo.

coin24
08-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Make America white again

Gohan
08-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Lol because his team does better with him off the court

Marchesk
08-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Europeans aren't white, they're German, Irish, Slovenian ...

Marchesk
08-20-2020, 10:21 AM

So Luka should win MVP?

ralph_i_el
08-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Defense and consistency still count. I'm a huge Luka guy and was on the train when he was still at Real Madrid, but he's not the best player right now. I'd still rather have Kawhi or LeBron or Harden atm. Going forward though, once Doncic gets his deep shooting more efficient he'll clearly be the best offensive player.

Harden has a similar style of play, but is a significantly better shooter right now.

Bronbron23
08-20-2020, 11:00 AM

Need more than a 2 game sample but he looks the best so far.

Gohan
08-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Yea he looks the best if you didn’t watch the games

SATAN
08-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Lol because his team does better with him off the court

This.

FourthTenor
08-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Guards get the numbers but that doesn't mean they have the most impact. Luka is great but he's not as irreplaceable as a Lebron or even a KD, Kawhi or Giannis.

Just like Harden, Curry, Westbrick and all those narrative-MVP boys. Luka can be a better version of any of them (especially in the playoffs where those guys are chokers) but it's gonna be hard to be the true best player as a guard in this era. It's no more Jeff Hornaceks to go against. You got 6'9 forwards these days who can drive, post, AND drain shots from 32 feet, plus defend multiple positions. Those are the real impact players.

Guards get the glory.

SIZE wins the game.

kkb_12
08-20-2020, 06:44 PM
2-3 more years on this level, and some deep playoff runs and he will get there,

ralph_i_el
08-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Guards get the numbers but that doesn't mean they have the most impact. Luka is great but he's not as irreplaceable as a Lebron or even a KD, Kawhi or Giannis.

Just like Harden, Curry, Westbrick and all those narrative-MVP boys. Luka can be a better version of any of them (especially in the playoffs where those guys are chokers) but it's gonna be hard to be the true best player as a guard in this era. It's no more Jeff Hornaceks to go against. You got 6'9 forwards these days who can drive, post, AND drain shots from 32 feet, plus defend multiple positions. Those are the real impact players.

Guards get the glory.

SIZE wins the game.

The kid is like 230 and strong...

Axe
08-20-2020, 07:00 PM
So Luka should win MVP?
He has great potential to be a better player than stephen curry in the future

k0kakw0rld
08-20-2020, 07:04 PM
You are correct we should crown him early without a ring just like his idol LBJ 15 years ago.

FourthTenor
08-20-2020, 07:06 PM
The kid is like 230 and strong...

He obviously has some girth, and I'll be the first to agree GIRTH is very important.

But you still need length.

https://images.eurohoops.net/2019/11/70c67835-lebron-james-luka-doncic-625x375.jpg

Lebron's shoulders START a good 2-3 inches above Luka's, then he has longer arms on top of it. So he has a wider lateral reach and a much higher standing reach. Kawhi and Giannis also have this advantage. Length is a HUGE factor defensively. Not to mention in reducing turnovers on drive and kick, because you can get your pass over defenders more easily.

I mean it is what it is. If Blake Griffin had a longer wingspan he might be a Top 5 player all time. But he dont. And Luka will be great, but he wont be as great as the Chosen One.

tontoz
08-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Too young and hasn't proven enough to be considered the best player. Amazing season though.