PDA

View Full Version : Can ball dominant and no defense stars ever have playoff success? (Harden/Luka)

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Ball dominant and no defense players don't work in playoffs.

Luka ball actually reminds me of Harden ball. Clones pretty much. Their ball dominant and passive defense style with the step back 3's? None of that shit works in playoffs for a consistent and extended time. Their teammates all feel frozen out on offense and they usually get torched on defense.

The rare times they actually win? Their teams go nuts with them OFF the court.

Mavs scored 66 points in 2nd half of game 2 with Luka playing a total of 10 minutes

And 2015 playoffs when Rockets played Clippers and a Josh Smith led bench unit dominated while Harden was on the bench.

Consistent trend: These type of players don't have playoff success. The rare times they do, they are on the bench and watching the 2nd unit take over.

StrongLurk
08-20-2020, 05:16 PM
The players with the most "success" are on the most stacked teams. This is almost law in the NBA.

SATAN
08-20-2020, 05:20 PM
I seen the argument happening in the other thread and you were right. Luka is out there playing hero ball. Dallas kick ass when he is on the bench. Not sure why anyone would have a hard time admitting it. The dude just looking at +/- is delusional.

imdaman99
08-20-2020, 08:48 PM
When was the last time you watched a Rockets game? I watched a few this year and Harden played some great defense in some of them. Does he play it all the time? No, but no one does any more. I've seen your boy Kawhi get lit up by everyone on the Mavs. Saw Trey Burke burn him a few times :lol

Mask the Embiid
08-20-2020, 08:51 PM
When is the last time harden got cooked?With him guarding the player the majority of the game.....dont worry i'll wait

The only time i ever saw him get killed was in the playoffs by Kevin Durant, one of the years when the series went to 7....thats it....one person in a decade and it was Kevin fking Durant

Gohan
08-20-2020, 09:52 PM
Harden is actually a decent defender now. Haters gonna hate

Smoke117
08-20-2020, 09:54 PM
Can Kawhit have success without being on stacked teams?

Spurs m8
08-20-2020, 10:03 PM

I mean, I hate the guy, but he literally won fmvp and a chip on a team of old cvnts and role players.

You aren't a bright spark, are you?

ZenMaster7210
08-20-2020, 10:14 PM
I mean, I hate the guy, but he literally won fmvp and a chip on a team of old cvnts and role players.

He is apparently from what I heard a drunkard.

NBAGOAT
08-20-2020, 10:14 PM

that same team is getting a bunch of picks to male the finals. this is hating.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 10:15 PM

What about midget boy Chris Paul, is he going to hurt his hamstring again when his team is 1 win away from the finals? Hahahah the 2nd option scorer load was too much for him I guess.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 10:17 PM
that same team is getting a bunch of picks to male the finals. this is hating.

Only an idiot would pick raptors to finals. Or a LeBron fan trying to insult Kawhi. Celtics with Tatum playing like this are going to sweep raptors.

Spurs m8
08-20-2020, 10:20 PM
What about midget boy Chris Paul, is he going to hurt his hamstring again when his team is 1 win away from the finals? Hahahah the 2nd option scorer load was too much for him I guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot smokes obsession with calling him the point god for a season or 2 hahahhhaha

Seattle
Point God

Failure just follows this guy around

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 10:23 PM
When was the last time you watched a Rockets game? I watched a few this year and Harden played some great defense in some of them. Does he play it all the time? No, but no one does any more. I've seen your boy Kawhi get lit up by everyone on the Mavs. Saw Trey Burke burn him a few times :lol

Kawhi led a top 5 defense this year. Playoffs have been tough vs the GOAT offense but the starters on mavs are all playing like shit in terms of their net rating. So you can't really say Kawhi's defense isn't having any impact.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-20-2020, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot smokes obsession with calling him the point god for a season or 2 hahahhhaha

Seattle
Point God

Failure just follows this guy around

Since we're on the subject of playoff success, we can give a shout out to Chris Paul:

2015 - Beat defending champs and hurt his hamstring in game 7

2018 - Up 3-2 on defending champs and hurt his hamstring.

Every time Chris Paul sniffs playoff success or the finals he chokes and says his hamstring hurts. That little midget was better off having a profession like Kevin Hart.

LoneyROY7
08-20-2020, 10:59 PM
Too bad Harden is playing legit big-time defense right now, champ.