PDA

View Full Version : George Karl responds to Mark Jackson on the subject of Melo.

Kblaze8855
08-21-2020, 09:41 AM
Mark said Melos previous coaches should be held responsible for accepting his lack of defense since he at least shows effort now.

Karl responds:

I heard @MarkJackson13 is taking shots at my defensive coaching during tonight’s broadcast.

Remind me, how many all-star teams did you coach, Mark? How many DPOYs? How many Finals appearances? How many of my teams became dynasties right after I left?

FireDavidKahn
08-21-2020, 09:42 AM
Karl comes off petty here but he is absolutely right. Mark Jackson is a joke.

Real Men Wear Green
08-21-2020, 10:13 AM
Not a fan of karl but I disagree with blaming hin for Melo's poor defense. Most coaches aren't empowered to coach superstars hard. If you have an organization-wide mandate to keep a guy happy so that he won't leave as a free agent you can't just bench him for not guarding.

imdaman99
08-21-2020, 10:16 AM
That's on Melo. Especially once he became an 'established star'. He wasn't gonna listen to a coach preaching about defense. Mark Jackson got the Warriors going, instilled defense on their young guys. Once Kerr gets there he puts in an offensive system that becomes legendary.

guy
08-21-2020, 01:17 PM
George Karl has had beef with Mark Jackson ever since the 2013 playoffs when he accused the Warriors of already recruiting Iguodala, who was on the Nuggets at the time, and accused Iguodala of giving some of their game plan to Jackson.

BANE?
08-21-2020, 01:54 PM
Mark said Melos previous coaches should be held responsible for accepting his lack of defense since he at least shows effort now.

Karl responds:

I heard @MarkJackson13 is taking shots at my defensive coaching during tonight’s broadcast.

Remind me, how many all-star teams did you coach, Mark? How many DPOYs? How many Finals appearances? How many of my teams became dynasties right after I left?

Goddamn, Jackson has no comeback to this. That last line is 100% correct, Mark Jackson was holding the true potential of the warriors back. Even though players like him, he’s a trash coach

AirFederer
08-21-2020, 01:59 PM
Hand down man down
Mama there goes that man
Touché

ralph_i_el
08-21-2020, 05:53 PM
Jackson is a shit coach and human being in general. He's literally the type to be hardcore Christian, then go cheat on his wife with strippers. He tried to get John Stockton benched in Utah. Blegh

red1
08-21-2020, 06:55 PM
holy shit that was a savage response from george karl

even as an armchair analyst I can tell that must have been one of the most frustrating contenders to coach. melo when he was a superstar had so much hype and everyone was fawning over his scoring. of course he'd believe his own hype. the only reason melo plays defense now is because he learned the hard way that a pretty jumpshot isnt enough.

Reggie43
08-21-2020, 08:43 PM
Hard to believe anyone could have coached Melo into giving much better effort defensively. Thats not happening as long as he was the best player on the team in those years.

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 08:51 PM
George Karl has had beef with Mark Jackson ever since the 2013 playoffs when he accused the Warriors of already recruiting Iguodala, who was on the Nuggets at the time, and accused Iguodala of giving some of their game plan to Jackson.

Also Melo was more an offensive player. Not many players can be Kawhi, MJ, Kobe and play both ends at the same time for years as wings.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-22-2020, 12:22 AM
George Karl is a pretty good NBA coach who had success everywhere other than Sacramento, but who does there? Mark Jackson got fired and the team immediately won a title. Karl is a hall of fame coach, Jackson can't get another job despite tons of openings every year.

tpols
08-22-2020, 12:28 AM
Mark Jackson is so cringe worthy... I love how JVG always ethers him.

Smook A.
08-22-2020, 12:48 AM
George Karl has a point

Mark Jackson sucks

Reggie43
08-22-2020, 01:04 AM
George Karl was a decent/good coach but alienating stars was always his speacialty. Mark was in the wrong here but lets not act like George doesnt have his own demons to deal with.

coin24
08-22-2020, 01:13 AM
Bodybagged:lol

Obvious racism though, will LeTiny wear a mark Jackson hat next?

Lebron23
08-22-2020, 01:15 AM
George Karl was a decent/good coach but alienating stars was always his speacialty. Mark was in the wrong here but lets not act like George doesnt have his own demons to deal with.

That's actually true.