PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins: "LeBron is 35! MJ didn't compete for Championships at 35!"

Drygon
08-21-2020, 03:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRBO-Lp8PAY&feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRBO-Lp8PAY&feature=youtu.be

Michael Jordan was 35 years old when he:

- Won MVP
- Won his 6th Championship & sealed a 2nd three peat.
- Won his 10th scoring title
- All-NBA 1st Team
- All-NBA 1st Defensive Team

Gray GOAT
08-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Jordan was only about, I'd say, 28, physically, due to playing in college and getting suspended for his gambling debts and getting his father killed. LeBron James is about, let's say 47, physically, due to playing non stop NBA basketball since he was 18. Of course, we can't forget the toll his back has taken after having to carry every team he's been on. Perkins is on the money.

LAmbruh
08-21-2020, 03:57 PM
He’s right

Ghost1
08-21-2020, 03:58 PM
https://streamable.com/tzpk64

amen :pimp::bowdown: on repeat :pimp:

tpols
08-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Perkins is a total clown.

tpols
08-21-2020, 04:10 PM
He turned 35 around the all-star break in 98'. Hence the discrepancy in narratives. If someone goes to BBR, MJ is listed as 34 for 98' because that was his age starting the season.

The bigger difference is mileage. 17 seasons versus 13, and two of those seasons for MJ were partial seasons for a combined 35 games.

That means he was exactly 35 when he won a championship... but somehow he wasn't competing for rings at 35.

STATUTORY
08-21-2020, 04:14 PM
first Ryan Hollins, now Big Perk

why do they love these former scrubs with asinine hot takes on ESPN?

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 04:14 PM
Who cares. He made a slight error because he went to BBR and Jordan is listed at 34 and LeBron 35 due to their ages at the start of the season. His basic point about longevity holds: this is LeBron's 17th season and he will be back for an 18th, presumably contending again.

His fault for being sloppy, though. The MJ police won't cut him any breaks. He has to know that.

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:16 PM
He turned 35 around the all-star break in 98'. Hence the discrepancy in narratives. If someone goes to BBR, MJ is listed as 34 for 98' because that was his age starting the season.

The bigger difference is mileage. 17 seasons versus 13, and two of those seasons for MJ were partial seasons for a combined 35 games and 241 playoff games for LeBron versus 179 for Jordan, a gap equivalent to 3/4 of a season.

MJ was well into his 35th year of life when he won the title...don't need to turn yourself into a pretzel, just admit Perkins effed up, it happens :oldlol:

BTW, me and you used to debate years ago about MJ vs LeBron GOAT. You assured me that Bron would end up with the same or more titles and MVPs than MJ...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSrd29NvqohTCY039MfjmZRzP9cbr0 raUQdoQ&usqp=CAU

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-21-2020, 04:17 PM
Who cares. He made a slight error because he went to BBR and Jordan is listed at 34 and LeBron 35 due to their ages at the start of the season. His basic point about longevity holds: this is LeBron's 17th season and he will be back for an 18th, presumably contending again.

Yeah, but it is a big deal when you're on TV and preachy about it. The lumbering OAF didn't know Mike played ~4 months of basketball at 35.

So he was deadass wrong.

The longevity point is true though, and is one aspect Bron has over Jordan. For sure.

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 04:20 PM
Yeah, but it is a big deal when you're on TV and preachy about it. The lumbering OAF didn't know Mike played ~4 months of basketball at 35.

Agreed. He has to be better. I suspect he looked it up on BBR on his phone before the segment or show. That isn't professional. They don't have any interns to help? :lol

You assured me that Bron would end up with the same or more titles and MVPs than MJ.

Team results are speculative. Getting from 3 to 6 is a leap. What I said was he was on track with MJ's pace at various ages. MVP's? Yeah--if you told anyone he would never win a MVP again after 2013 while still being a superstar into 2020 that would shock anyone. He needed one more to tie MJ and two to tie KAJ for the record.

What happened? I have LeBron 4th, Jordan 2nd all-time. LeBron's career didn't age as well as Jordan's did after 30-31, not in the longevity sense, but in the historically relevant accomplishments sense. 2016 was the last time to date he did anything that moved the needle significantly.

The LeBron challenge largely came and went, even if MJ stans are still insecure about LeBron. Let's see how Giannis or Luka do.

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:21 PM

So he was deadass wrong.

The longevity point is true though. And it is one aspect Bron has over Jordan for sure.
and to be honest, the only one...

L3/9ron gonna ride AD's coattails for more chips from here on out...KAJ style.

tpols

His fault for being sloppy, though. The MJ police won't cut him any breaks. He has to know that.

LMAO.

He was exactly 35 years old. Get that "but ackshully" stuff outta here.

deathawaitu
MJ won a chip at age 35
LeBron turned into AD’s Pippen at age 35

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 04:23 PM
and to be honest, the only one...

L3/9ron gonna ride AD's coattails for more chips from here on out...KAJ style.

Sidekick rings count--for some players. Kobe being the prime example. If he wins rings, I doubt he cares who gets the credit since long term for LeBron people will remember he has "X rings". Same as Kobe or Magic.

NBAGOAT
08-21-2020, 04:24 PM
get perkins off of these shows. Couldnt even wait a year to throw out this statement lol.

Manny98
08-21-2020, 04:25 PM
LeBron in his 17 season = dominating in the most stacked conference in NBA history and still the BITW

Jordan in his 17th season .....

https://i.postimg.cc/K8mt4V2H/saedx-blog-featured-70.jpg

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:27 PM
Sidekick rings count--for some players. Kobe being the prime example. If he wins rings, I doubt he cares who gets the credit since long term for LeBron people will remember he has "X rings". Same as Kobe or Magic.

Sidekick rings do matter but between casuals and diehards, we know the deal...

MJ on top of LeBron is already set in stone though.

Great career by LeBron tbh...but not the GOAT.

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:28 PM
LeBron in his 17 season = dominating in the most stacked conference in NBA history and still the BITW

https://i.postimg.cc/K8mt4V2H/saedx-blog-featured-70.jpg

Jordan had 6 by his 13th season...your boy still at half of that and still trying to cut into that...at his rate, he only needs 17 seasons more LMAO

LAL
08-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Kobe's 2001, 2002 with third option derek fisher in a western conference was just as impressive or more than lebron's Heatles rings in the East. Let alone the Pau Gasol rings.

Manny98
08-21-2020, 04:33 PM
Jordan had 6 by his 13th season...your boy still at half of that and still trying to cut into that...at his rate, he only needs 17 seasons more LMAO
Yh it's kinda difficult to win championships every season when your competition isn't a bunch of cupcakes

Roundball_Rock
08-21-2020, 04:35 PM
Sidekick rings do matter but between casuals and diehards, we know the deal...

MJ on top of LeBron is already set in stone though.

Great career by LeBron tbh...but not the GOAT.

They don't matter for some. You will see stuff like people arguing losing in the ECF as "#1">McHale winning rings as a #2. Insane but here we are.

Yeah, I don't see a realistic scenario for LeBron surpassing MJ at this point for majority support. He will have his 20-25% who consider him as GOAT (arguing longevity, cumulative stats, and that MJ played in a weak era--inaccurate on the last point but these are the common arguments the LeBron crowd puts forward) and then KAJ will have his smaller still GOAT crowd too but the consensus will remain MJ.

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Yh it's kinda difficult to win championships every season when your competition isn't a bunch of cupcakes

Your boy played in the worst EC ever, 9 cakewalks to the Finals. He tried stacking the deck multiple times in his career and had the worst Finals (2011) of any GOAT tier player ever...he lost many times with HCA, something MJ never did...I could keep going on but you get the idea.

You will ALWAYS be the decided minority who believes LBJ > MJ, get used to that.

I've said what I needed to say, have a good day, sir.

:cheers:

Hey Yo
08-21-2020, 04:49 PM
Jordan was only able to play 7 consecutive seasons before needing to quit and rest up for almost 2yrs.

Consecutive season rings >>>> I needed to rest rings

TheMan
08-21-2020, 04:59 PM
Jordan was only able to play 7 consecutive seasons before needing to quit and rest up for almost 2yrs.

Consecutive season rings >>>> I needed to rest ringshttps://www.google.com/search?q=mj+laughing+gif&oq=mj+lau&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3j69i65.4147j0j7&client=ms-android-americamovil-mx-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=5U677NVuIiWo6M&imgrc=hRoolqZkXhxU9M

Your argument is so dumb I won't even bother with it.

Hey Yo
08-21-2020, 05:14 PM
No other superstar / top 10 player in the history of the league took MJ's route. He said himself that he was physically and mentally spent even before the 1993 postseason was over. Already contemplating quitting before the season was even over.

You're fooling yourself if you dont think he benefited greatly from his time off.

LAmbruh
08-21-2020, 05:18 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/K8mt4V2H/saedx-blog-featured-70.jpg:roll:

Gohan
08-21-2020, 05:28 PM
Roundball rock sounds like he dislikes Jordan

Gohan
08-21-2020, 05:30 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=mj+laughing+gif&oq=mj+lau&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3j69i65.4147j0j7&client=ms-android-americamovil-mx-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=5U677NVuIiWo6M&imgrc=hRoolqZkXhxU9M

Your argument is so dumb I won't even bother with it.

:lol:roll:

Some of these Lebron fans seem borderline retarded. Not all of them of course.

SamuraiSWISH
08-21-2020, 05:48 PM
He won a chip at 35 in 1998. **** is he talking about.

AlternativeAcc.
08-21-2020, 06:55 PM
When you factor in stacked teams, weak era, and quitting to rest... jordan has an equivalent of 1.5 rings.. half of LeBrons

LeBron is facing a tougher team in the 1st round at age 35 than Jordan did in the finals... beating the Blazers is more impressive than beating the 98 Jizz

Context is important... Lebron has 8 or 9 rings total when factoring in context.. jordan 1.5

Gohan
08-21-2020, 07:03 PM
Why do you hold Jordan accountable because he played weak teams? He has to play whatever they put in front of him. I bet lebrons cavs couldn’t have beaten Jordan’s bulls

SATAN
08-21-2020, 07:19 PM
Those sports programs are more toxic than this forum. Sheep like watching people pretend to argue. The results are all over this board. It's pathetic.

You're allowed to have your own opinions and be comfortable with them.

Vino24
08-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Why do you hold Jordan accountable because he played weak teams? He has to play whatever they put in front of him. I bet lebrons cavs couldn’t have beaten Jordan’s bulls

The thing is we saw him vs strong teams (pistons, Celtics) it wasn’t pretty

Norcaliblunt
08-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Delonte West ****ed Lebrons mom.

Bronbron23
08-21-2020, 08:02 PM

nah bruh he was just dead wrong.

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 08:47 PM
When you factor in stacked teams, weak era, and quitting to rest... jordan has an equivalent of 1.5 rings.. half of LeBrons

LeBron is facing a tougher team in the 1st round at age 35 than Jordan did in the finals... beating the Blazers is more impressive than beating the 98 Jizz

Context is important... Lebron has 8 or 9 rings total when factoring in context.. jordan 1.5

Lebron just lost a game against a team below .500. If Portland was that good they shouldn't be below .500. Jordan never lost a game in the playoffs against a team below .500.

Lebron was also losing to Dwight Howard in the playoffs a career loser and bringing home bronze medals for the U.S in basketball.

ImKobe
08-21-2020, 09:26 PM
Perkins is a Dray n Klay alt.

FromDowntown
08-21-2020, 09:42 PM
Lebron just lost a game against a team below .500. If Portland was that good they shouldn't be below .500. Jordan never lost a game in the playoffs against a team below .500.

Lebron was also losing to Dwight Howard in the playoffs a career loser and bringing home bronze medals for the U.S in basketball.

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 10:33 PM

876. He has the most career wise in that as well. Is that good?

2567. He has the most career wise in that as well. Is that good?

568 Tim Duncan has the most of those, was he the best for that?

FromDowntown
08-21-2020, 10:52 PM
876. He has the most career wise in that as well. Is that good?

2567. He has the most career wise in that as well. Is that good?

568 Tim Duncan has the most of those, was he the best for that?

POINTS baby

Lebron is the GOAT. Sorry nothing more to say about it. Until someone can dethrone his 6,944

kawhileonard2
08-21-2020, 10:54 PM
Until someone gets more than 876 Turnovers and 2576 missed FG Lebron is the WOAT.

ClipperRevival
08-21-2020, 11:25 PM
True story. Everytime i tune into The Jump and see Perk there, i just switch the channel.

Him and Ryan Hollins are the 2 worst ever.

Kiddlovesnets
08-27-2020, 09:36 PM
MJ was born in February 1963 so he was definitely over 35 by the time he lifted the trophy in 1998?
:confusedshrug:

hold this L
08-27-2020, 09:53 PM
Jordan was only about, I'd say, 28, physically, due to playing in college and getting suspended for his gambling debts and getting his father killed. LeBron James is about, let's say 47, physically, due to playing non stop NBA basketball since he was 18. Of course, we can't forget the toll his back has taken after having to carry every team he's been on. Perkins is on the money.
This is not how biology works Simon, you absolute imbecile :lol

julizaver
08-28-2020, 04:45 AM

So he was deadass wrong.

The longevity point is true though, and is one aspect Bron has over Jordan. For sure.

If longevity is the case KAJ is the all-time GOAT (goat HS player, goat NCAA player).
Yes, I am about to agree to some extent, but hey MJ has his longevity - he is 10x time scoring champion and it could have been 12 in a row if not first retirement. And I say it could because we would never now. The same as Bulls probably could match Celtics and won 8 in a row, but we would never know, and Rockets and Hakeem fans will be the first to jump and say that their Rockets beat Bulls in the regular season. For me personally 1994 Bulls with MJ in the team will beat both Knicks and Rockets. In 1993 MJ was at absolute peak of his game - and I am the one who thinks that his almost 2 year absence from basketball had detremental effects on his play, evidently from his return games. He needed to work the whole summer in order to get in some shape near the one in 1993, but he was bulkier and less explosive, and although the stats will shows that his TS % as at his 1993 level he was not the same player by the eye test.

With all that said I am not arguing Lebrons's GOAT longevity in terms of consistency, number of seasons, games played. Props to the man for keeping himself in shape.

Overdrive
08-28-2020, 05:37 AM

Lebron's toughest opponent in the East was a Paul George led Pacers team. Lebron's team won 18 games in 9 finals. No matter who the opponent is winning two finals games on average if you're the supposed GOAT is pathetic.