PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong about the Celtics. A healthy Embiid is not enough.

BigKAT
08-21-2020, 09:43 PM
Hats off to Brand Stevens and the C's.

No Hayward. No Star Center. No problem.

Beautiful basketball.

I do wonder what is the next step for the Sixers though.

CelticBaller
08-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Of course you were wrong, everybody and their mothers saw this coming

Shogon
08-21-2020, 09:47 PM
The Sixers are a disaster. Elton Brand absolutely decimated their future.

If they have any brains, they will unload Harris & Horford and also trade Embiid and get as much as they can.

Of course, they won't do that... c'est la vie.

As good as they are as individuals, Embiid and Simmons flat out do not fit together on the floor at the same time unless they have 3 sharpshooters with them at all times, and even then I'm not sure. Disappointing.

Shogon
08-21-2020, 09:52 PM
I'd also just like to say, once again, Sam Hinkie is a genius.

That guy was going to set the 76ers up to dominate for a decade. Instead, they're now mediocre trash. lol. Unbelievable how much stupid people can **** shit up in such a short time.

Of course, there were other factors at play here... the league basically blacklisted him because his mathematical strategy of acquiring talent and beating the odds went against the spirit of their ability to maintain a competitive product across the board, and thus we will never see that type of thing again I don't think.

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn.

fourkicks44
08-21-2020, 09:56 PM
I'd also just like to say, once again, Sam Hinkie is a genius.

That guy was going to set the 76ers up to dominate for a decade. Instead, they're now mediocre trash. lol. Unbelievable how much stupid people can **** shit up in such a short time.

Of course, there were other factors at play here... the league basically blacklisted him because his mathematical strategy of acquiring talent and beating the odds went against the spirit of their ability to maintain a competitive product across the board, and thus we will never see that type of thing again I don't think.

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn.

Amen

Wally450
08-21-2020, 10:07 PM
The thing I'm most butthurt about despite being up 3-0 is that Brad Stevens gets 0 votes for COTY. He was a huge part of why we won games 1 and 3.

ELITEpower23
08-21-2020, 10:08 PM
The thing I'm most butthurt about despite being up 3-0 is that Brad Stevens gets 0 votes for COTY. He was a huge part of why we won games 1 and 3.

Brad Stevens is legit no two ways about it, he has proven that year after year :cheers:

coin24
08-21-2020, 11:39 PM
I would definitely be moving embiid for whatever they can get, the guy should be like prime shaq down low but he's a fkn beta..
Dump Harris (lol good luck) and horford and build around Simmons at pg.. maybe follow the rockets style, small and fast focus on the 3..

Stanley Kobrick
08-21-2020, 11:40 PM
brand stans doing hand stands

ArbitraryWater
08-22-2020, 05:12 AM
No shit.

It was a very low IQ take.