PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is the best in the world...accept it and move on.

ClipperRevival
08-21-2020, 11:58 PM
I'm talking playoff bball.

Ability to create your own shot in half court sets, mid-range game from all over the court, back to the basket game, ability to get to the rack and dunk over people and shoot the 3. And you add in his GOAT tier D, he's the best in the world.

Giannis? Please. Dude can't create a shot against a half court D to save his life. He can EASILY be contained.

Harden? Too ball dominant to foster a championship. Still not that good on D.

Bron is already done.

There really is no one else.

Playoff bball, Kawhi is clearly the best in the world.

Bronbron23
08-21-2020, 11:59 PM
Its still bron man.

francesco totti
08-22-2020, 12:00 AM
No.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Its still bron man.

Hope you're being sarcastic?

red1
08-22-2020, 12:01 AM
not unreasonable. definitely kawhi or bron

bron will get better as the playoffs go on just like kawhi. just watch.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 12:02 AM
kawhi with his injury doesnt play goat lvl D, dont think he's physically capable of that and he never did anyway. Giannis can play the best defense in the league. everyone knows he's not as good offensively as the other top 5 guys

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:03 AM
Let me tell you what i saw from Bron the last 2 games. I looked to see how many shots he created for himself in the half court and it was maybe 1 or 2. He lost a step. He can't get by guys anymore. He's either playing possum and getting others involved or he will have to defer to others in crunch going a lot more because he can't get by guys. You looks for subtle stuff like that first step, etc.

Sh*t, 36 yr old non-D playing Melo is keeping Bron in front of him, not to mention Trent doing a great job too.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:03 AM
Kawhi #2 behind Giannis.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:04 AM
Most people seriously ignore this but playoff bball is about half court scoring. As long as Giannis has ZERO half court game, meaning mid-range, triple threat, shake defenders with a live dribble, etc. he will need a ton of help to win a chip. He's a FLAWED player.

tpols
08-22-2020, 12:07 AM
He is. But the Rockets have KO power. Kawhi is like a dominant wrestler. He's going to win most of the time. But there is an off chance he gets clipped by a dominant striker. If Houston catches that blow on him.... he's done. Then again, that goes for anybody.

red1
08-22-2020, 12:08 AM
Let me tell you what i saw from Bron the last 2 games. I looked to see how many shots he created for himself in the half court and it was maybe 1 or 2. He lost a step. He can't get by guys anymore. He's either playing possum and getting others involved or he will have to defer to others in crunch going a lot more because he can't get by guys. You looks for subtle stuff like that first step, etc.

Sh*t, 36 yr old non-D playing Melo is keeping Bron in front of him, not to mention Trent doing a great job too.

he's old so of course he's slower. he has to work himself back into game shape and I guarantee he's going to look better as the games go on. he didnt really need to look for his shot in game 2 so there isn't too much to takeaway from there.

he will exploit the clippers and use the lakers size to their advantage by spoonfeeding mcgee and dwight and AD over and over and over again.

he can still use his body and IQ against kawhi on defense and make it harder for him than nearly any other player in the league.

the lakers will get a ton of open threes too because the clippers always double AD and lebron - if the lakers can shoot something respectable like even 30% then it will be a great series. I'm looking forward to it.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:08 AM
Giannis struggling in the playoffs--putting up 30/19/6 in 33 MPG. What a bum. :lol

tpols
08-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Kawhi #2 behind Giannis.

Joke.

We literally saw them H2H last year. Kawhi pulled the broom out.

Just a laughable take. :lol

red1
08-22-2020, 12:09 AM
He is. But the Rockets have KO power. Kawhi is like a dominant wrestler. He's going to win most of the time. But there is an off chance he gets clipped by a dominant striker. If Houston catches that blow on him.... he's done. Then again, that goes for anybody.

he's not playing the rockets... it would be the jazz or nuggets.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:10 AM
Giannis struggling in the playoffs--putting up 30/19/6 in 33 MPG. What a bum. :lol

I didn't say he was a bum. I'm just saying Kawhi is better in the playoffs. Giannis definitely gonna get his in a lot of games but ultimately, he is a FLAWED player for the reasons i mentioned and it will come back to bite him at some point.

tpols
08-22-2020, 12:11 AM
he's not playing the rockets... it would be the jazz or nuggets.

After the rockets knock LA off, he will.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:13 AM
Based on last year sure but let's see how the 20' playoffs unfold. The 20' Clippers were supposed to be the 96' Bulls on defense, mainly because of PG and Kawhi, yet thus far are giving up 120 like it's nothing. That isn't sustainable. Dallas is a 7 seed. What happens against better teams?

ClipperRevival
he's old so of course he's slower. he has to work himself back into game shape and I guarantee he's going to look better as the games go on. he didnt really need to look for his shot in game 2 so there isn't too much to takeaway from there.

he will exploit the clippers and use the lakers size to their advantage by spoonfeeding mcgee and dwight and AD over and over and over again.

he can still use his body and IQ against kawhi on defense and make it harder for him than nearly any other player in the league.

the lakers will get a ton of open threes too because the clippers always double AD and lebron - if the lakers can shoot something respectable like even 30% then it will be a great series. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, we'll have to see. Personally, i don't think he's PURPOSELY not trying to get by guys just to get others involved. It's because he CAN'T. But Bron is great, not gonna close the coffin on him yet. I've got to see what he does going forward in terms of being able to get by guys and create some offense for himself. But so far, not looking good for him.

Carbine

It's against the Magic. Nobody gives a hoot about the numbers he puts up against the Magic.

He will prove himself in the series to come. If he still has his flaws from last year in the half court, it will be exposed at some point and unless the supporting cast is going wild, they will lose.

red1
08-22-2020, 12:15 AM
After the rockets knock LA off, he will.

clippers would handle the rockets easily IMO. I dont know about the rockets knocking off the lakers either. I'd say lakers have a pretty favorable matchup against them. can even match their style to an extent with AD at center.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:15 AM
It's against the Magic. Nobody gives a hoot about the numbers he puts up against the Magic.

He will prove himself in the series to come. If he still has his flaws from last year in the half court, it will be exposed at some point and unless the supporting cast is going wild, they will lose.

Bro, there is no "IF". He has NO half court game. None.

And therefore, he is FLAWED. Until he fixes this flaw and has a reliable mid-range game like Kawhi, Kobe, KD, MJ, etc, he'll always be contained by lesser teams.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:16 AM
Orlando has a top 10 defense.

Speaking of flaws, where is dat PG defense MJ fans were touting weeks ago (evidently, now PG sucks again, though--for purposes of diminishing the East when LeBron was there)? Dallas is feasting on offense. 120 points like it is a walk in the park. :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-22-2020, 12:17 AM
Its still bron man.

Bran isnt the best on our team babyboi

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-22-2020, 12:18 AM
Orlando has a top 10 defense.

Their defensive anchors Isaac, Gordon and MCW are all out babyboi

red1
08-22-2020, 12:30 AM
Yeah, we'll have to see. Personally, i don't think he's PURPOSELY not trying to get by guys just to get others involved. It's because he CAN'T. But Bron is great, not gonna close the coffin on him yet. I've got to see what he does going forward in terms of being able to get by guys and create some offense for himself. But so far, not looking good for him.

IMO you're looking too much into the bounce off the dribble. it wont play a big factor because he has one of mcgee dwight or AD setting picks and rolling and he knows how to use all of them. its going to be annoying watching how many dunks and layups those guys and bron get.

I think for the lakers its moreso going to come down to how they convert on their open threes when AD and lebron get doubled. we already know its going to happen very often. clippers did that every single game and they're obviously going to do it even more frequently in the playoffs.

again if the lakers shoot anything even remotely respectable on shots from passes out of the double-team then they'll win.

problem with this laker team is that they do go ice cold from the perimeter, and its often everyone going cold at the same time.

then again if playoff pee makes an appearance... that might just give the shooting advantage right back... :oldlol:

Vragrant
08-22-2020, 12:37 AM

Ability to create your own shot in half court sets, mid-range game from all over the court, back to the basket game, ability to get to the rack and dunk over people and shoot the 3. And you add in his GOAT tier D, he's the best in the world.

Giannis? Please. Dude can't create a shot against a half court D to save his life. He can EASILY be contained.

Bron is already done.

Yup, this pretty much covers it.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-22-2020, 01:19 AM
Its like kawhi's dad beat him with a belt every time he took a bad shot as a kid. Shot selection is scary good.

Gray GOAT
08-22-2020, 01:26 AM
He's lucky not to be down 3-0 by now.

LAL
08-22-2020, 01:40 AM
Everyone agrees except the bronsexuals. As expected

LAL
08-22-2020, 01:42 AM
Its like kawhi's dad beat him with a belt every time he took a bad shot as a kid. Shot selection is scary good.

:lol Agree

LoneyROY7
08-22-2020, 01:46 AM

Bron is already done.

Harden is a legit good defender now. Watch the games and look at the stats. It's undeniable.

This narrative really needs to die b/c it's so corny.

FromDowntown
08-22-2020, 02:08 AM
Joke.

We literally saw them H2H last year. Kawhi pulled the broom out.

Just a laughable take. :lol

Kawhi joined a 60-win, top 75 SRS team And added Gasol and Green.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 03:14 AM
Another thing that Kawhi does that MJ did is he can jump off 2 feet in a full sprint. This gives him better balance, which in turn better allows him to play through contact. Most people jump off 1 feet when running towards the rim. Don't know if he purposely studied MJ or just realized the in-game advantage of doing this but that's what he can do just like MJ did.

Perfect example was tonight's game. He had like 3 such examples with dunks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JCSEnaL3uos

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 03:28 AM
Harden is a legit good defender now. Watch the games and look at the stats. It's undeniable.

This narrative really needs to die b/c it's so corny.

Big difference between solid defender vs GOAT tier. Not to mention, Harden has no off ball game, no midrange game and dominates the ball too much. If you were going into a playoff series and had to pick Harden or Kawhi, you seriously going to take Harden over Kawhi?

Kawhi has the complete offensive arsenal and doesn't need to DOMINATE the ball like Harden. He makes quick, decisive moves, ala MJ. He just plays a far superior brand of bball offensively to get better flow going within the offense. With Harden, 4 guys just stand and watch. That's not how the game of bball should be played. There should be flow, ball and body movement, etc. Honestly, i think Harden's style of play is disgusting. He's no doubt skilled and talented but dominating the ball like that? Cringe.

imdaman99
08-22-2020, 03:44 AM
I agree but I also know OP is a loser MJ stan and this was just an excuse of a thread to bring his name up.

HURR DURR HE PLAYS LIKE MJ SO THAT MAKES HIM DA BEZT.

Just be happy Phil and Scottie came along and developed to save MJ's career of being a playoff loser. Or actually wait out the Celtics and Pistons getting old.

LAL
08-22-2020, 03:58 AM
I agree but I also know OP is a loser MJ stan and this was just an excuse of a thread to bring his name up.

HURR DURR HE PLAYS LIKE MJ SO THAT MAKES HIM DA BEZT.

Just be happy Phil and Scottie came along and developed to save MJ's career of being a playoff loser. Or actually wait out the Celtics and Pistons getting old.
Jezus bronsexual. Atleast you admit kawhi's better than lebron.

imdaman99
08-22-2020, 04:06 AM
Jezus bronsexual. Atleast you admit kawhi's better than lebron.

I'm not a Lebron stan you dumbass. Is that your reply to everything?

HURR DURR LEBRON STAN I DONT LIKE LEBRON EVEN THOUGH HES THE ONLY PURSON I TALKZ ABOUT EVEN ALL NIGHT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT HURR DURR

BTW have some respect, if you're a Lakers fan. Lebron might be the only reason the Lakers ever win a playoff game again :banana:

LAL
08-22-2020, 04:16 AM

HURR DURR LEBRON STAN I DONT LIKE LEBRON EVEN THOUGH HES THE ONLY PURSON I TALKZ ABOUT EVEN ALL NIGHT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT HURR DURR

BTW have some respect, if you're a Lakers fan. Lebron might be the only reason the Lakers ever win a playoff game again :banana:
It's saturday morning here. Drinking coffee. Lol no lebron absolutely not the only reason.. wtf bronsexual.

FourthTenor
08-22-2020, 04:23 AM

Was thinking this exact thing recently. A lot of teams in the league right now are explosive but inconsistent, Clippers are the best example of the opposite.

coin24
08-22-2020, 05:11 AM

No, that would be because of AD..

Bran couldn't even sniff the playoffs last season:lol

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-22-2020, 07:24 AM
Durant > Kawhi > Everyone Else

Luka,Harden,Curry,Dame,L36ron and Giannis aren't on their level due to the deficiencies in their game along with a few other things.

-No Jumpshot (mid-range)
-Bad Defense
-No Post Game
-Flopping
-Stat Padding

Kblaze8855
08-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Bro, there is no "IF". He has NO half court game. None.

And therefore, he is FLAWED. Until he fixes this flaw and has a reliable mid-range game like Kawhi, Kobe, KD, MJ, etc, he'll always be contained by lesser teams.

Giannis scored about 18 and 25 points in the half court the last two games depending on what exactly you wish to count. Every shot is easily available to review. I don’t know why people can’t make honest arguments especially when it’s so easily verified these days. Giannis averages 8 transition points a game but 30 points a night....

Giannis is obviously not one of the all time scorers like you mentioned. He’s also obviously capable of scoring in the half court. His non transition scoring is more than some all star level scorers scored period. Do people play off him because he’s always one dribble from the basket? Yes. Did people play off most unstoppable drivers? Yes. That’s basketball.

Any way you look at it he does in fact have a half court scoring game. He just looks people in the eye and blows by all the time.

Pick whoever you want as best player....but be halfway real about it.

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 08:46 AM

no and i like kawhi alot i just cant give it to him yet. Last year was an asterisk for a few reasons but if he wins this year ill say he is the best. And Until i see bron finally decline i just cant put anyone over him. Its looking like this may be the year but its early still.

LAL
08-22-2020, 08:53 AM

no and i like kawhi alot i just cant give it to him yet. Last year was an asterisk for a few reasons but if he wins this year ill say he is the best. And Until i see bron finally decline i just cant put anyone over him. Its looking like this may be the year but its early still.

Hey Clipperrev, forgive my man BronBron.. i think he's still being sarcastic.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 09:33 AM
Giannis scored about 18 and 25 points in the half court the last two games depending on what exactly you wish to count. Every shot is easily available to review. I don’t know why people can’t make honest arguments especially when it’s so easily verified these days. Giannis averages 8 transition points a game but 30 points a night....

Giannis is obviously not one of the all time scorers like you mentioned. He’s also obviously capable of scoring in the half court. His non transition scoring is more than some all star level scorers scored period. Do people play off him because he’s always one dribble from the basket? Yes. Did people play off most unstoppable drivers? Yes. That’s basketball.

Any way you look at it he does in fact have a half court scoring game. He just looks people in the eye and blows by all the time.

Pick whoever you want as best player....but be halfway real about it.

Bro, I am not being LITERAL in that he can't score buckets in the half court. Duh!. Most points come that way. What I am discussing is HOW he scores them. Using pure athleticism to blow by guys only gets you so far. Having a semi-head of steam and overwhelming a smaller defender doesn't count.

I am talking about the ability to break down a set defense in the half court with bball skill. Giannis is sorely lacking in that department. He's got a hell of a Euro step but that requires a semi head of steam too. What go to move does he have in a half court setting with no head of steam? NOTHING. No midrange. No back to the basket game. He relies mostly on overwhelming size/athleticism. Once you close off his path to the rim, what does he have?

The guy is still super young. He has time to work on his game ala Kawhi. Just needs to develop a few DEVASTATING go to moves. Maybe a jab step, pull up jumper. Maybe a pull up off a live dribble. Maybe a 1 dribble pull up off the TT. Maybe a hook shot. A fadeaway. A drop step. Just ANYTHING he can execute in-game that he can rely on to get a bucket against set defenses.

Until he can do that, he will be somewhat easy to game plan against. What point is all those stats if you are "the man" on your team but can't get a damn bucket when your team needs one? That is what a superstar is supposed to do. That's why you make the big bucks. Your job is to close the deal, not defer to a lesser player.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 09:39 AM

Luka,Harden,Curry,Dame,L36ron and Giannis aren't on their level due to the deficiencies in their game along with a few other things.

-No Jumpshot (mid-range)
-Bad Defense
-No Post Game
-Flopping
-Stat Padding

Completely forgot about KD. If he's 85% of what he was, he might be right there with Kawhi too come playoff time. People forget how great KD is. How EASILY he freaken scores. Dudes like a legit 7 footer and has the touch of a Ray Allen. Almost unfair. Not to mention, his handles.

StrongLurk
08-22-2020, 09:44 AM
It was KD last year until the injury. If I had to choose someone, I would choose Kawhi this year. This has been his peak year so far for regular season and his playoff performance has been excellent so far.

I do think Harden has a chance to prove himself as best this year. I'm still not sold on Giannis.

Lebron is too old and declined.

Ghost1
08-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Completely forgot about KD. If he's 85% of what he was, he might be right there with Kawhi too come playoff time. People forget how great KD is. How EASILY he freaken scores. Dudes like a legit 7 footer and has the touch of a Ray Allen. Almost unfair. Not to mention, his handles.

my favourite KD handle, SICK :pimp::bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcEC5dHKTl4

Kblaze8855
08-22-2020, 10:05 AM
Bro, I am not being LITERAL in that he can't score buckets in the half court. Duh!. Most points come that way. What I am discussing is HOW he scores them. Using pure athleticism to blow by guys only gets you so far. Having a semi-head of steam and overwhelming a smaller defender doesn't count.

I am talking about the ability to break down a set defense in the half court with bball skill. Giannis is sorely lacking in that department. He's got a hell of a Euro step but that requires a semi head of steam too. What go to move does he have in a half court setting with no head of steam? NOTHING. No midrange. No back to the basket game. He relies mostly on overwhelming size/athleticism. Once you close off his path to the rim, what does he have?

The guy is still super young. He has time to work on his game ala Kawhi. Just needs to develop a few DEVASTATING go to moves. Maybe a jab step, pull up jumper. Maybe a pull up off a live dribble. Maybe a 1 dribble pull up off the TT. Maybe a hook shot. A fadeaway. A drop step. Just ANYTHING he can execute in-game that he can rely on to get a bucket against set defenses.

Until he can do that, he will be somewhat easy to game plan against. What point is all those stats if you are "the man" on your team but can't get a damn bucket when your team needs one? That is what a superstar is supposed to do. That's why you make the big bucks. Your job is to close the deal, not defer to a lesser player.

If you aren’t saying he has no halfcourt game don’t say he has no halfcourt game then reiterate it when it’s questioned.

He does in fact score a lot in the halfcourt. He isn’t the players you mentioned but with all of them spending the vast majority of their careers losing in the playoffs being such a player obviously isn’t what makes their teams win or lose.

Fans just have such a simple view of the sports world they can do little but see who won....then shape the reasons to fit who it happened to be. Leonard would be no worse if KD and Klay had not gone down he would just have a lesser career. Kobe was insanely polished. Didn’t keep him from being destroyed and scoring like 20 points in game 7 vs the suns. Dirk is a goat tier halfcourt shot maker. Didn’t keep him from going 2-11 guarded by wings getting eliminated in the first round with a 67 win team. Kyrie is as skilled on offense as maybe anyone ever. And yet it halfway seems his teams don’t need him. Giannis does the same things bet your life it’s said to be because he lacks the polish and skill of 40 people who did the same thing for other manufactured reasons.

Giannis scores as well or better and wins as much or more in the playoffs as some of the most revered skilled players in history. What did Steve Nash accomplish Giannis didn’t? Play with Amare, Marion and Joe Johnson all together for....what(Granted Jj was hurt by the end). Play on a team where he’s one of two prime MVPs with 3 all stars behind them to lose in the first round.

What....not skilled enough?

What has Chris Pauls immense skill brought his teams Giannis has not brought his?

I miss Mark Prices finals run? McGrady win something? Barkley?

People don’t tend to lose because of the reason surface level glance fans say.

Players lose because there are a dozen legends at a time and only one can win.

We just assign the reason for the loss to whatever we need to hate later when the main reason is inevitability.

Skilled guys have been not coming through when it counted since the dawn of sports. Go build the perfect player....he’s still gonna lose 12 times and all 12 there will be something he could have done better. And the 4 times he does win? 2 times someone will be hurt on the way to make it easier.

All but one of Leonard, Harden, Luka, Giannis, Lebron, and Lillard will lose. None of them will be because they lack any particular ability. If you think so....take a moment to think about why the people who don’t lack that skill lose every year too.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Kawhi joined a 60-win, top 75 SRS team And added Gasol and Green.

Yeah, a team that is a contender without Kawhi. It is dumb to compare the Raptors and Bucks as if they were equal teams. Put Giannis on the Raptors and Kawhi on the Bucks and the fictional "head to head" match up reverses.

Shooter
08-22-2020, 10:30 AM
Yeah, a team that is a contender without Kawhi. It is dumb to compare the Raptors and Bucks as if they were equal teams. Put Giannis on the Raptors and Kawhi on the Bucks and the fictional "head to head" match up reverses.

100%

2019 Bucks and Raptors swap Kawhi & Giannis and Giannis Raptors probably sweep Kawhi.

Euroleague
08-22-2020, 10:30 AM
Kawhi is still getting credited as being this great defender, but he hasn't been that good on defense lately.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 10:50 AM
100%

2019 Bucks and Raptors swap Kawhi & Giannis and Giannis Raptors probably sweep Kawhi.

Yeah but simpletons like tpols can't understand context, nuance that is inherent to a team sport. He thinks basketball is a 1-on-1 sport.

The Raptors are out there looking better than arguably anyone in the NBA right now and people are still sleeping on them. I doubt they make the finals but it is realistic (I have them going to the ECF, though). The Bucks would be lucky to be the 8 seed without Giannis.

Rudeboy3
08-22-2020, 11:35 AM

Bron is already done.

are u mentally retarded? giannis scores the majority of his point in the half court, he creates the vast majority of his shots himself, he isn't being assisted. Then you bring in the insane rebounding and defense. GTfo, kawhi is trash compared to giannis

Rudeboy3
08-22-2020, 11:38 AM

the magic are playing better defence than the clippers, let giannis play against the mavs he'd be averaging 35, foh

Rudeboy3
08-22-2020, 11:45 AM
If you aren’t saying he has no halfcourt game don’t say he has no halfcourt game then reiterate it when it’s questioned.

He does in fact score a lot in the halfcourt. He isn’t the players you mentioned but with all of them spending the vast majority of their careers losing in the playoffs being such a player obviously isn’t what makes their teams win or lose.

Fans just have such a simple view of the sports world they can do little but see who won....then shape the reasons to fit who it happened to be. Leonard would be no worse if KD and Klay had not gone down he would just have a lesser career. Kobe was insanely polished. Didn’t keep him from being destroyed and scoring like 20 points in game 7 vs the suns. Dirk is a goat tier halfcourt shot maker. Didn’t keep him from going 2-11 guarded by wings getting eliminated in the first round with a 67 win team. Kyrie is as skilled on offense as maybe anyone ever. And yet it halfway seems his teams don’t need him. Giannis does the same things bet your life it’s said to be because he lacks the polish and skill of 40 people who did the same thing for other manufactured reasons.

Giannis scores as well or better and wins as much or more in the playoffs as some of the most revered skilled players in history. What did Steve Nash accomplish Giannis didn’t? Play with Amare, Marion and Joe Johnson all together for....what(Granted Jj was hurt by the end). Play on a team where he’s one of two prime MVPs with 3 all stars behind them to lose in the first round.

What....not skilled enough?

What has Chris Pauls immense skill brought his teams Giannis has not brought his?

I miss Mark Prices finals run? McGrady win something? Barkley?

People don’t tend to lose because of the reason surface level glance fans say.

Players lose because there are a dozen legends at a time and only one can win.

We just assign the reason for the loss to whatever we need to hate later when the main reason is inevitability.

Skilled guys have been not coming through when it counted since the dawn of sports. Go build the perfect player....he’s still gonna lose 12 times and all 12 there will be something he could have done better. And the 4 times he does win? 2 times someone will be hurt on the way to make it easier.

All but one of Leonard, Harden, Luka, Giannis, Lebron, and Lillard will lose. None of them will be because they lack any particular ability. If you think so....take a moment to think about why the people who don’t lack that skill lose every year too.

This is why i consider you the most elite poster on this forum. You ethered that boy so hard with facts and logic :applause::bowdown:

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 11:52 AM

Yeah but put greek on the clippers and they're not better. Greek couldn't put the team on his shoulders offensively like kawhi did last night. He can still be walled up. You cant wall up kawhi. Outside of lebron and a healthy kd theres nobody better

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:13 PM
the magic are playing better defence than the clippers, let giannis play against the mavs he'd be averaging 35, foh

The Magic have a top 10 defense. They have no offense but they aren't a trash defense just because they are an 8 seed.

Yeah but put greek on the clippers and they're not better

Maybe but the Clippers probably would be good without Kawhi with PG, Wlliams, Harrell, Beverly, and Morris. That is probably still be top 4-5 team in the West. If you throw Giannis on top of that core they would be contending like they are with Kawhi.

Carbine
08-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Did you not see the post where 3 of their best defenders are not in this series?

Rudeboy3
08-22-2020, 12:39 PM
The Magic have a top 10 defense. They have no offense but they aren't a trash defense just because they are an 8 seed.

Maybe but the Clippers probably would be good without Kawhi with PG, Wlliams, Harrell, Beverly, and Morris. That is probably still be top 4-5 team in the West. If you throw Giannis on top of that core they would be contending like they are with Kawhi.

if giannis was on the clippers they'd be the one seed. Giannis with pg as a second option plus that low will giannis pick and roll would be deadly. Trade montrez for someone who isn't in giannis way, easy chip

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:46 PM
if giannis was on the clippers they'd be the one seed. Giannis with pg as a second option plus that low will giannis pick and roll would be deadly. Trade montrez for someone who isn't in giannis way, easy chip

Agreed. Let's see how the "wall" fares today. :oldlol:

Nashty
08-22-2020, 01:19 PM
He is, until Durant comes back. If he comes back as his old self I should say.

Shooter
08-22-2020, 01:25 PM
He is, until Durant comes back. If he comes back as his old self I should say.

Another year older, time away from the game, and a serious injury to heal from.

KD cannot possibly come back as the same dude he once was and that's a damn shame. KD was greatness.

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 02:58 PM

yeah they'd still be good for sure.

Axe
08-23-2020, 05:40 AM

-No Jumpshot (mid-range)
-Bad Defense
-No Post Game
-Flopping
-Stat Padding
That is surely quite sad for his loyal stans.

LAmbruh
08-23-2020, 07:28 PM
getting his shit pushed in by 20yo bitch ass white boi :oldlol:

BigShotBob
08-23-2020, 07:30 PM
getting his shit pushed in by 20yo bitch ass white boi :oldlol:

Kawhi locked him down when he guarded him

LAmbruh
08-23-2020, 07:32 PM
2019 Clips won 2 playoff games vs Warriors just last season

Can Kawhi and his new superteam with George/Morris even snag 2 against a 7th seed?

yikes :yaohappy:

outplayed by Lou Will off the bench

yikes :yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
08-23-2020, 07:33 PM
If Clippers lose, OP and all his backers are done here as a poster.

Giannis or LeBron would NEVER.

Manny98
08-23-2020, 07:35 PM
Kawho?

https://media.giphy.com/media/BfasEMIbVPuw9srL6D/giphy.gif

PeroAntic
08-23-2020, 08:04 PM
Kawhi locked him down when he guarded him

this. lecollusion stans are projecting their insecurities as usual

Nashty
08-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Kawhi scared to guard Luka last possesion. White boy got him shook.

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Another year older, time away from the game, and a serious injury to heal from.

KD cannot possibly come back as the same dude he once was and that's a damn shame. KD was greatness.

KD's game isn't predicated on athleticsm

ArbitraryWater
08-23-2020, 08:41 PM
KD's game isn't predicated on athleticsm

It is on height

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-23-2020, 08:49 PM
It is on height :whatever:I hope you aren't saying he's great only great because of that

FKAri
08-23-2020, 09:40 PM
:whatever:I hope you aren't saying he's great only great because of that

If he was 5'8'' he'd be working at Kwik-e-mart.

ClipperRevival
08-25-2020, 11:35 PM
I still take Kawhi over anyone in a 7 game series as "the man". Being the beat isn't about an explosive game or two, it's about consistent greatness.

He's a fun guy!

BigShotBob
08-26-2020, 12:07 AM
Still the best

Smoke117
08-26-2020, 12:10 AM
HBK = Clipperrevival? He's created that new stupid account to not so transparently be choking on Jordan's load?

Im so nba'd out
08-26-2020, 12:13 AM
He's not better than lebron @ anything outside of making contested mid ranges

Shooter
08-26-2020, 12:13 AM
HBK = Clipperrevival? He's created that new stupid account to not so transparently be choking on Jordan's load?

Yes, which is also 3ball

He thinks he is slick but he is not