PDA

View Full Version : Where is the famed Clippers defense?

Marchesk
08-22-2020, 12:38 AM
Good solid win tonight, but he Mavs did score 68 in the second, and third straight game of 110+ points. At least we saw the Lakers and Bucks defense show up last game.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 12:39 AM
It’s just hard to stop all the shooting and ball handling Dallas has.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 12:40 AM
This is with KP getting ejected for half of Game 1 and Luka getting hurt in Game 3.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:44 AM
One excuse is they almost never played together as a unit. But they are all back now. Harrell is just getting his legs back and he's a huge factor.

The talent is there OBVIOUSLY. It's just a matter of putting it together. Also, Beverly been out the last 2 games.

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 12:46 AM
I never liked the Reggie Jackson signing. We have enough shot creators on this team. I prefer Shamet because he's longer, better defender, better shooter and more athletic.

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Good solid win tonight, but he Mavs did score 68 in the second, and third straight game of 110+ points. At least we saw the Lakers and Bucks defense show up last game.

kind of hard playing defense when your not allowed touching anyone. Shit you cant even contest shots or fight through screens anymore. All things considered i thought there defense looked pretty good.

Plus mavs are a great offensive team. That with the era makes them tough to gaurd.

StrongLurk
08-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Mavs have the best offense in the league...

ClipperRevival
08-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Another factor is Kawhi almost never guards Doncic. If needed, Clips can make that switch and I bet things turn bad for Doncic real quick.

MrFonzworth
08-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Another factor is Kawhi almost never guards Doncic. If needed, Clips can make that switch and I bet things turn bad for Doncic real quick.

Kawhi can't guard Doncic. Let's be real here.

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Kawhi can't guard Doncic. Let's be real here.

Straight up he could. Everything is screens now so its pretty much impossible especially in this era.

Roundball_Rock
08-22-2020, 10:17 AM
kind of hard playing defense when your not allowed touching anyone. Shit you cant even contest shots or fight through screens anymore. All things considered i thought there defense looked pretty good.

Plus mavs are a great offensive team. That with the era makes them tough to gaurd.

They were hyped as a great defense until days ago--knowing the current rules. Defense is relative compared to 29 other teams playing under the same rules. Right now they are 12th of the 16 teams in playoff defense with a dRTG of 117--behind the Nets and ahead of Dallas.

Dallas has a great offense so let's see what they do in the next round to get a better idea but the Clippers are not slowing them down at all. They have the same oRTG they had in the RS--and this is with KP and Luka missing parts of games. No one excepts them to shut down an offense like this (that is rare--the 98' Bulls took the #1 offense and limited the Jazz to 80 PPG in the finals but that is an exception to the rule) but they should, in theory, be able to slow them down. They aren't.

Bronbron23
08-22-2020, 10:55 AM
They were hyped as a great defense until days ago--knowing the current rules. Defense is relative compared to 29 other teams playing under the same rules. Right now they are 12th of the 16 teams in playoff defense with a dRTG of 117--behind the Nets and ahead of Dallas.

Dallas has a great offense so let's see what they do in the next round to get a better idea but the Clippers are not slowing them down at all. They have the same oRTG they had in the RS--and this is with KP and Luka missing parts of games. No one excepts them to shut down an offense like this (that is rare--the 98' Bulls took the #1 offense and limited the Jazz to 80 PPG in the finals but that is an exception to the rule) but they should, in theory, be able to slow them down. They aren't.

I thought they'd be able to but that was based on nba allowing for more physical play come playoff time. So far thats not the case. They're still not allowing much physicality. Having a couple great perimeter defenders is great and all but with tge rules and style of play it becomes irrelevant at times. All mavs have to do is screen to force a switch against one of clippers worse defenders. In years past it wasnt that easy because defenders were aloud fighting through the screen. Now theres literally nothing you can do but except the switch or double the ball. Either way your screwed.