PDA

View Full Version : Sixers ripped Horford away from Celtics to beat them. Ironically they’re still losing

dreamshake
08-22-2020, 04:41 PM
Rewind back to the summer of 2019 when the Sixers front office desperately recruited Horford because he always took Embiid’s lunch money every time they matched up. It was a smart move then. Take away your best player’s most feared opponent and add him to your own team so you don’t have to face him 1v1 anymore.

But then the season happened and both Embiid and Horford didn’t work together. Now the Sixers are still getting spanked by the Celtics. Goes to show you that when you’re scared of something just man up and try to beat them instead of recruiting them to your team to form a super team and take the easy way out. Psychology matters a lot in basketball.

Smoke117
08-22-2020, 04:43 PM
Horford wasn't close to being worth what he wanted and the Sixers gave him. If he had actually signed for his actual worth the Celtics could have kept him and they'd be finals favorites. The Center position is the main weakness. I can't blame him, though. I'd have taken that big paycheck, too.

fourkicks44
08-22-2020, 04:46 PM
Rewind back to the summer of 2019 when the Sixers front office desperately recruited Horford because he always took Embiid’s lunch money every time they matched up. It was a smart move then. Take away your best player’s most feared opponent and add him to your own team so you don’t have to face him 1v1 anymore.

But then the season happened and both Embiid and Horford didn’t work together. Now the Sixers are still getting spanked by the Celtics. Goes to show you that when you’re scared of something just man up and try to beat them instead of recruiting them to your team to form a super team and take the easy way out. Psychology matters a lot in basketball.

What the actual f"ck is this?

You sound like an idiot.

For your own good, shut up.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 04:49 PM
horford and okc pick for hield. harris and thybulle for cp3. that fixes philly

Real Men Wear Green
08-22-2020, 05:21 PM

Bad trades for OKC and Sacramento. The reason Horford is a Sixer is that they offered him a deal no other front office could fathom. After he retires he will be joking on TV about the deal Philly gave him.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 05:26 PM
Bad trades for OKC and Sacramento. The reason Horford is a Sixer is that they offered him a deal no other front office could fathom. After he retires he will be joking on TV about the deal Philly gave him.

throw in a future pick for okc they consider it. Sac with a gm switch might be looking to take on bad contracts and can throw in zhaire smith for them

Real Men Wear Green
08-22-2020, 05:34 PM
throw in a future pick for okc they consider it. Sac with a gm switch might be looking to take on bad contracts and can throw in zhaire smith for them

Philly still has Simmons and Embiid. They are going to stay out of the lottery for the foreseeable future so their future first isn't much of an asset.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Philly still has Simmons and Embiid. They are going to stay out of the lottery for the foreseeable future so their future first isn't much of an asset.

it still could be enough. okc is fine with taking a flier on someone and get off cp3 if gallo leaves. especially with how strong the west is okc might just look for shai to develop the next few years and accumulate assets

GOBB
08-22-2020, 05:39 PM

Fixes what???

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 05:40 PM
Fixes what???

well that's not a favorite but they're likely a contender again.

GOBB
08-22-2020, 05:51 PM
well that's not a favorite but they're likely a contender again.

No, just no.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 05:51 PM
No, just no.

agree to disagree then

GOBB
08-22-2020, 05:54 PM
agree to disagree then

Give me a fix that has Brett Brown GONE before any personnel move is made. Period

dreamshake
08-22-2020, 05:55 PM
What the actual f"ck is this?

You sound like an idiot.

For your own good, shut up.

No. The truth shall set you free son.

NBAGOAT
08-22-2020, 05:56 PM
Give me a fix that has Brett Brown GONE before any personnel move is made. Period

oh you just want to see how another coach does with the roster. Alright that makes sense, these trades dont have to be during the offseason. Who do you want? retread like atkinson or dantoni or some promising assistant

Gohan
08-22-2020, 06:07 PM
Sixers problem is they lost jimmy buckets

Real Men Wear Green
08-22-2020, 06:16 PM
oh you just want to see how another coach does with the roster. Alright that makes sense, these trades dont have to be during the offseason. Who do you want? retread like atkinson or dantoni or some promising assistant
D'Antoni coaching Embiid and Simmons should happen if for no other reason than it would be a great basketball experiment.

GOBB
08-22-2020, 06:18 PM

Actually wouldn't be mad at Atkinson. Jason Kidd, Sam Cassell, Stan Van Gundy, Ty Lue. And yes I'd like to see what a new coach could do with this roster. Altho I'm not against the Horford trade. If Sixers could find a guard who can create and get buckets it would go a long way. How they get that? Beats me. Draft is a long shot altho I like Tyrell from Stanford. Other than that which isn't even a lock slim pickins. But its evident a scoring guard ala CJ Mccollum, Booker, Beal, Mitchell or even a Lavine etc is needed. Yet in order to get such a talent you need to draft high or have a valuable asset.

Sam Hinkie should be here. NBA ruined the process.