PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is going up against weak defenders

Walk on Water
08-23-2020, 08:06 AM
He shouldn't be scoring easy. He's lost his first step and doesn't have much of an outside jumper. One thing that I'll give him credit is that it appears he has become an average or close to average post up player. He never could post up before, even against guys like JJ Bareau. But maybe now the defense is just weak.

Imagine Lebron playing in the 90s against a team with prime Shaq guarding him at the rim. Or Hakeem or David Robinson. Those guys would eat Lebron alive. He probably wouldn't even get to the rim because of the lack of spacing. He would be called for fouls trying to bulldoze his way to the hoop. Gary Payton would have locked Lebron up. Even Mugsee Bogues would make it very difficult for Lebron. Right now the league doesn't play defense and so he still scores a lot just because he has the ball.

Oh try putting Scottie or Rodman on Lebron. They'd eat him alive. Or Shawn Kemp. There is no way Lebron could score so easy in the 90s. At times I don't think Lebron is even looking like a basketball player, more like a football player. He was so gassed that he didn't even run down the floor to play defense.

Lebron23
08-23-2020, 08:44 AM
This ain't the 1990's.

Bronbron23
08-23-2020, 09:12 AM
He shouldn't be scoring easy. He's lost his first step and doesn't have much of an outside jumper. One thing that I'll give him credit is that it appears he has become an average or close to average post up player. He never could post up before, even against guys like JJ Bareau. But maybe now the defense is just weak.

Imagine Lebron playing in the 90s against a team with prime Shaq guarding him at the rim. Or Hakeem or David Robinson. Those guys would eat Lebron alive. He probably wouldn't even get to the rim because of the lack of spacing. He would be called for fouls trying to bulldoze his way to the hoop. Gary Payton would have locked Lebron up. Even Mugsee Bogues would make it very difficult for Lebron. Right now the league doesn't play defense and so he still scores a lot just because he has the ball.

Oh try putting Scottie or Rodman on Lebron. They'd eat him alive. Or Shawn Kemp. There is no way Lebron could score so easy in the 90s. At times I don't think Lebron is even looking like a basketball player, more like a football player. He was so gassed that he didn't even run down the floor to play defense.

I dont know bruh hes still pretty athletic and probably more skilled than hes ever been. He'd still be tough to stop. He wouldn't put up the crazy numbers hes putting up now, nobody would. Hed still be dominant though and easily the second best player in the world after mj.

TheCorporation
08-23-2020, 09:42 AM
This ain't the 1990's.

Gottem :lol

Gohan
08-23-2020, 12:25 PM
What’s up with this best player in the world ish? They have 10 players up north better than lebron

Roundball_Rock
08-23-2020, 02:29 PM
MJ stans: "LeBron benefits from a weak defensive era--his stats would be lower in the tough 90's!"
MJ stans: "Pippen would be worse if he played today!"

:lol

FromDowntown
08-23-2020, 04:28 PM
This ain't the 1990's.

Wrekt :lol