PDA

View Full Version : The Shot: How come Ben Simmons never got any slack?

PeroAntic
08-23-2020, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75iExVNvrWw

The guy literally starts walking and watching the second Embiid comes over. Imagine if both swarmed him and contested the shot. Kawhi doesn't have a passing option. He is guaranteed to miss. Philly likely wins the title. History is so much different, if only Ben continues to follow and contest Kawhi together with embiid. Incredible display of laziness and carelessness that nobody seems to mention.

fourkicks44
08-23-2020, 01:31 PM
And Kawhi travelled

imdaman99
08-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Embiid got in his way. He was the wrong guy to come and double. You know when you're on the court and some slow guy comes to double you, you use that guy to pick the better defender off and get an easier shot than you would have if you were single covered.

I remember some slow dude on the Suns or some team come to double Kobe and he just went around him and dunked in crunch time. I don't remember the exact play but it was like that.

PeroAntic
08-23-2020, 07:33 PM
Embiid got in his way. He was the wrong guy to come and double. You know when you're on the court and some slow guy comes to double you, you use that guy to pick the better defender off and get an easier shot than you would have if you were single covered.

I remember some slow dude on the Suns or some team come to double Kobe and he just went around him and dunked in crunch time. I don't remember the exact play but it was like that.

Simmons quit on the action. Theres no excuse. If he only stayed with his man and had another body on him, Kawhi misses. Simmons is a bum.