PDA

View Full Version : Who is more important in the Sixers future, Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid?

insidehoops
08-23-2020, 01:48 PM
If you ran the Sixers and were only going to keep one of these players and trade the other one, who would you keep, Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid?

Ghost1
08-23-2020, 02:28 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/kgbVfFM1/3rf32f-re3f.png

Lion's pride
08-23-2020, 02:31 PM
One can't shoot a freakin jump shot.. The other can't p[lay any MODERN DAY defense.. and whines all day...

Doomed either way.. But gun to my head I keep Simmons..

iamgine
08-23-2020, 02:52 PM
Trade Embiid for Zach Lavine and Coby White

And replace the coach

Shogon
08-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Simmons.

I reserve the right to change this opinion if Joel gets his ass in the post under a different coach but if he likes the jumpers, and it seems he does... Simmons.

Kblaze8855
08-23-2020, 03:19 PM
Simmons.

I reserve the right to change this opinion if Joel gets his ass in the post under a different coach but if he likes the jumpers, and it seems he does... Simmons.

What modern coach is gonna put him in the post?

Shogon
08-23-2020, 03:50 PM

Probably none of them... and they’re all wrong.

Every last one. You put his ass in the post and you surround him with four shooters and teach him how to consistently pass out of the double and your overall PPG are going up and you’re going to wear the other team down chasing your team around the court.

You know the Magic led the league in scoring with this formula under Shaq and perimeter defense was more difficult to score against at that time AND the Magic’s shooters were barely as as good from 3 compared to today’s league average in 2020 soooo... yeah, they’re all wrong.

The Magic shot 37% from 3 which would barely scrape the top 10 today.

Embiid is no Shaq but damn compared to the rest of the league he should be.

HylianNightmare
08-23-2020, 05:05 PM
Benny

imdaman99
08-23-2020, 05:07 PM

Exactly. The guy is injury prone and players get beat up in the post a lot. They are just doing what they can to extend his career.

I think they should build around Simmons... assuming he also isn't injury prone :lol

Axe
08-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Oh goodie.

The so-called warriors of the east bid goodbye to this pandemic season after suffering an inevitable sweep from their perennial division rivals.