PDA

View Full Version : Luka (3ball) is proving to be better than Kawhi (2ball)

AirBonner
08-24-2020, 12:26 PM
3ball style of play is proving to be better in these playoffs than the archaic 2ball style

LAL
08-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Already?

ImKobe
08-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Clippers are winning the series.

AirBonner
08-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Already?

Yup. The 90’s gold standard was always 50% mid range shooting. Today’s game we have many players shooting 40% from 3 that’s the equivalent of 60% from midrange

Marchesk
08-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Could also have something to do with Luka's teammates playing better than Kawhi's, *cough* Pandemic P *cough*.

Kawhi is also shooting poorly from three this series at 26.9%. It's probably best that he doesn't do what he did second half of this last game and start launching a bunch of threes.

AirBonner
08-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Could also have something to do with Luka's teammates playing better than Kawhi's, *cough* Pandemic P *cough*.

Kawhi is also shooting poorly from three this series at 26.9%. It's probably best that he doesn't do what he did second half of last game and start launching a bunch of threes.
Could be that Kawhi has maybe said two words to his teammates all season. That’s what you get when you have a recluse as a leader. I use the term leader in the loosest terms lol

LAL
08-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Yup. The 90’s gold standard was always 50% mid range shooting. Today’s game we have many players shooting 40% from 3 that’s the equivalent of 60% from midrange

If you're a bronstan trying to prove a point.. let me just say he's definitly not doing any of those things.

dbugz
08-24-2020, 01:28 PM
op is dumb

3ball
08-24-2020, 02:30 PM
I like Luka because I recognize greatness when I see it

But the Mavs are dead

They will lose in 6

Clippers can still go up a notch, and the Mavs are already playing over their skis

It was a nice effort by Luka.. but we've seen this before.... his team will get handled and he will look more human.. the "Luka Rules" about to go into effect

Bet against the Mavs.. thank me later

Gray GOAT
08-24-2020, 02:35 PM
I like Luka because I recognize greatness when I see it

But the Mavs are dead

They will lose in 6

Clippers can still go up a notch, and the Mavs are already playing over their skis

It was a nice effort by Luka.. but we've seen this before.... his team will get handled and he will look more human.. the "Luka Rules" about to go into effect

Bet against the Mavs.. thank me later

Bet against the 7 seed, in favour of the 2 seed. Really went out on a limb there. What is your next great prediction... bet on the Bucks against the Magic?

Thank me later.

3ball
08-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Bet against the 7 seed, in favour of the 2 seed. Really went out on a limb there. What is your next great prediction... bet on the Bucks?

In 89', a lot of people thought the 6-seeded Bulls would beat the Pistons after MJ had back-to-back 40 point games and hit the game winner over Rodman to get a 2-1 lead... So Luka must learn the lesson like all greats do - 1-man teams don't win

Gray GOAT
08-24-2020, 02:40 PM
In 89', a lot of people thought the 6-seeded Bulls would beat the Pistons after MJ had back-to-back 40 point games and hit the game winner over Rodman to get a 2-1 lead... So Luka must learn the lesson like all greats do - 1-man teams don't win

So DK couldn't get it done despite being deemed the favorite by the masses? Oof, big oof.

3ball
08-24-2020, 02:51 PM
So DK couldn't get it done despite being deemed the favorite by the masses? Oof, big oof.

Bulls were massive underdogs, but after mj looked like god in games 2 and 3, people thought the bulls could win just like some people think the Mavs can win

RRR3
08-24-2020, 02:56 PM
If you're a bronstan trying to prove a point.. let me just say he's definitly not doing any of those things.
LeBron has literally shot over 40% from 3 before, you don’t know basketball.

Gray GOAT
08-24-2020, 02:58 PM
Bulls were massive underdogs, but after mj looked like god in games 2 and 3, people thought the bulls could win just like some people think the Mavs can win

Seems, per your own words, they were deemed the favorites by the people. Already backtracking to some because you realised the hole you just dug yourself.

LAL
08-24-2020, 03:29 PM
LeBron has literally shot over 40% from 3 before, you don’t know basketball.

I was talking about recent lebron and just because he did once in 17 years, doesn't mean he's a 3 point or midrange threat. Doesn't even them attempt threes like a luka even though he's not a 40% guy himself. What op said is foolish for now. You have a whole lot of attitude, but you really shouldn't buddy.

ArbitraryWater
08-24-2020, 04:22 PM
People aren‘t ready yet to accept Luka > Kawhi NOW already, but he is.

Trollsmasher
08-24-2020, 04:29 PM

Kawhi is also shooting poorly from three this series at 26.9%. It's probably best that he doesn't do what he did second half of this last game and start launching a bunch of threes.

Almost like Luka can run an offense and Kawhi can't.

ArbitraryWater
08-24-2020, 04:33 PM

Do you actually think thats the case?

As said, Luka can actually run an offense.

Kawhi doesn‘t / can‘t.

If both would swap teams, Clippers would have swept last night.

tontoz
08-24-2020, 04:48 PM
the 3ball is Luka's weakness on offense. He does the most damage inside the arc.

It is true that Kawhi can't direct an offense like Luka but that doesn't mean Luka is the better player. Kawhi is an elite defender and a great iso scorer.

Only time will tell if Luka becomes a better player than Kawhi.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2020, 06:00 PM
I think the Clippers will still win.

Lebron23
08-24-2020, 06:24 PM
I think the Clippers will still win.
Pg 13 needs to show up.

Roundball_Rock
08-24-2020, 09:42 PM
In 89', a lot of people thought the 6-seeded Bulls would beat the Pistons after MJ had back-to-back 40 point games and hit the game winner over Rodman to get a 2-1 lead

Yet another lie. MJ's point totals by game in the 89' ECF: 32, 27, 46, 23, 18, 32. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989#all_pgl_basic_playoffs

Seems, per your own words, they were deemed the favorites by the people. Already backtracking to some because you realised the hole you just dug yourself.

Shooter
08-24-2020, 10:06 PM
Could be that Kawhi has maybe said two words to his teammates all season. That’s what you get when you have a recluse as a leader. I use the term leader in the loosest terms lol

+1

Bingo

Shooter
08-24-2020, 10:07 PM
Yet another lie. MJ's point totals by game in the 89' ECF: 32, 27, 46, 23, 18, 32. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989#all_pgl_basic_playoffs

:roll:

Too much ether

1-9ball

The lying

This guy needs a ban. What a psycho