PDA

View Full Version : "Luka not white, he's European " - Stephen A

JohnMax
08-25-2020, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bINTyCpto&t=2m0s

I time stamped it but if it doesn't work, go to 2:00

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 01:22 PM
In Europe, you identify by your nationality or ethnicity first, and your skin color second.

Also, Eastern Europeans weren't considered "white" until recently. Irish, Italians and Jews weren't white before then. Originally, "white" pretty much meant English, then Germans and Northern Europeans got added in. And before that, race was based on the region you came from, not skin color.

It's all made up.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-25-2020, 01:43 PM
Oh I guess he's black then huh? Stephen a is an idiot. All it takes is a quick Google search on white people:

"White people is a racial classification and skin color specifier, used mostly and exclusively for people of European and Western Eurasian descent".

He's white. Who cares though really.

Trollsmasher
08-25-2020, 01:48 PM
SAS is reading my posts:pimp:

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Would "Bitch Ass Slavic Boy!" have received any attention? Or even just, "Bitch Ass Euro!"?

ArbitraryWater
08-25-2020, 02:06 PM
In Europe, you identify by your nationality or ethnicity first, and your skin color second.

Also, Eastern Europeans weren't considered "white" until recently. Irish, Italians and Jews weren't white before then. Originally, "white" pretty much meant English, then Germans and Northern Europeans got added in. And before that, race was based on the region you came from, not skin color.

It's all made up.

So?

SAS isnt in Europe.

Luka is obviously white, even if you identify by nationality first or whatever your point is.

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 02:30 PM
So?

SAS isnt in Europe.

Luka is obviously white, even if you identify by nationality first or whatever your point is.

My point is being "white" is a social construct that has changed over time. SAS's point was that Luka is not American, so the racial categories we use for Americans don't apply to him. He's not white in an American sense and all the baggage that comes with that. Eastern Europeans had nothing to do with the slave trade, Jim Crow or anything related to American racial issues. They no doubt have their own issues, but it's a different culture and history.

Luka is only "white" in the sense that whiteness got extended to all Europeans a few decades back.

ArbitraryWater
08-25-2020, 02:32 PM
My point is being "white" is a social construct that has changed over time. SAS's point was that Luka is not American, so the racial categories we use for Americans don't apply to him. He's not white in an American sense and all the baggage that comes with that.

That makes no sense.

They wouldn't apply to Europeans if it was a social construct, not Americans like SAS since SAS is from an American society.

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 02:44 PM
That makes no sense.

They wouldn't apply to Europeans if it was a social construct, not Americans like SAS since SAS is from an American society.

It is a social construct. Go look at the history of what it means to be "white" and who qualifies. It came about to justify slavery and evolved from there. Eastern Europeans didn't used to be considered white. Europeans didn't consider themselves to belong to one race. Nor did Africans or Asians. That's a recent categorization.

FireDavidKahn
08-25-2020, 02:50 PM
Most Europeans are white. They mean different things.

MaxPlayer
08-25-2020, 02:52 PM
I think he means that Luka doesn't benefit from the enormous privilege of having great, great, great, great grandparents who lived in America during a time when some American whites owned black slaves.

ArbitraryWater
08-25-2020, 02:53 PM
It is a social construct. Go look at the history of what it means to be "white" and who qualifies. It came about to justify slavery and evolved from there. Eastern Europeans didn't used to be considered white. Europeans didn't consider themselves to belong to one race. Nor did Africans or Asians. That's a recent categorization.

I know I was playing along your opinion.

If it was, then it wouldnt make any sense for SAS to call Luka not white since SAS is from a social construct where he does decipher in black, white, etc.

Dbrog
08-25-2020, 02:59 PM
I think he means that Luka doesn't benefit from the enormous privilege of having great, great, great, great grandparents who lived in America during a time when some American whites owned black slaves.

Except that people who make that naive argument should also carry through their logic to....Luka's race benefited from over a thousand years of White rulers in a Monarchy which had even more power than any slave owner had.

SamuraiSWISH
08-25-2020, 03:00 PM
What an idiot LOL that’s his nationality, but his race is very clearly and obviously white. Stephen a Smith clearly doesn’t know the differences between the two

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 03:05 PM

It's all made up.

^This

In the Balkans specifically, your religion is very important to ethnicity.

Every one of Marchesk's posts in this thread is spot on.

Tobio-Star
08-25-2020, 03:07 PM
Smh take this politics bs out of basketball please! Nobody cares about his skin color neither his ethnicity :facepalm

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 03:08 PM
I know I was playing along your opinion.

If it was, then it wouldnt make any sense for SAS to call Luka not white since SAS is from a social construct where he does decipher in black, white, etc.

Oh I see.

But SAS is woke, bro.

FireDavidKahn
08-25-2020, 03:08 PM
Using Stephen A's logic, the vast majority of black men in the USA shouldn't be called African Americans they are just American's. Only African's that have acquired citizenship here are true African-American's

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 03:11 PM
Using Stephen A's logic, the vast majority of black men in the USA shouldn't be called African Americans they are just American's. Only African's that have acquired citizenship here are true African-American's

Technically speaking, that's what the phrase should mean. There are Arab and European Africans born on that continent. Some in Northern African have been there for many generations, and Northern Africa has alwasy been a mixing of different groups migrating in and out. If they immigrated to American, WTF would we call them if not "African-Amercian"?

What do we call an Aborigine who immigrates? Are they, "Australian-American"? They're not of African descent! Some Southern Asians are very dark skinned. The whole thing is just dumb. We should listen to Morgan Freemen and stop talking about people as "white" or "black".

insight
08-25-2020, 03:41 PM

You could buy slaves in America 150 years ago. That's only great, great, grandparents, if you take in account black only gained full citizenship in 1964 these events did not take place that long ago.

insight
08-25-2020, 03:54 PM
Technically speaking, that's what the phrase should mean. There are Arab and European Africans born on that continent. Some in Northern African have been there for many generations, and Northern Africa has alwasy been a mixing of different groups migrating in and out. If they immigrated to American, WTF would we call them if not "African-Amercian"?

What do we call an Aborigine who immigrates? Are they, "Australian-American"? They're not of African descent! Some Southern Asians are very dark skinned. The whole thing is just dumb. We should listen to Morgan Freemen and stop talking about people as "white" or "black".

The racial classification system was intended to disenfranchise people based on color and deem some ethnic groups as superior. It was very important in America because most chattel slavery laws used the 1 drop rule, meaning if you had one drop of black blood you were considered black or negro and were excluded from citizenship. It has been proven by scientifically though modern DNA study the differences between races based on skin color is minuscule.
That is why the whole classification makes no sense, it mainly political.

Gohan
08-25-2020, 06:48 PM
Stephen a is an idiot luka is white as snow. Just like Mexicans are white people with a muphickin taco

Axe
08-25-2020, 06:55 PM
The most logical explanation for luka being called 'white' is because he's not 'black'.

You guys get that? End of story. :lol

HylianNightmare
08-25-2020, 07:30 PM
Wheres the lie, he is European, Kevin love is white

bobopenguin
08-25-2020, 07:37 PM
great, now i guess we can all go to Embiid now and tell him "b*tch @ss black man" cos embiid is not black, he's african"

SATAN
08-25-2020, 07:58 PM
who ****in' cares

FourthTenor
08-25-2020, 08:12 PM
What an idiot LOL that’s his nationality, but his race is very clearly and obviously white. Stephen a Smith clearly doesn’t know the differences between the two

Yup.

It's like when someone says "He's not white he's mexican" :lol

I mean sure it's obvious what they mean, but technically it makes no sense.

Axe
08-25-2020, 08:17 PM
Yup.

It's like when someone says "He's not white he's mexican" :lol

I mean sure it's obvious what they mean, but technically it makes no sense.
Should some hispanics not bright white but not too dark either be referred to as tanned/tans?

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:19 PM

In fairness, I've had many black people tell me they don't like the term "African American" because that just isn't the lineage of so many black Americans.

As usual with this stuff...the PC term "aftrican american" was offensive and just saying "black" was cool

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:41 PM
In fairness, I've had many black people tell me they don't like the term "African American" because that just isn't the lineage of so many black Americans.

As usual with this stuff...the PC term "aftrican american" was offensive and just saying "black" was cool

"African American" as a designation comes from discussing the impact of slavery. I don't think it was meant to be used in everyday vernacular. That's why it's been replaced in academic circles with "African Descendants of Slaves (ADoS), to be more specific.

Black is still cool to call people

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Should some hispanics not bright white but not too dark either be referred to as tanned/tans?

Aren't many Southern Europeans pretty tan?

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_pictrure_780x520_/public/articles/2020/06/04/ym-nadal-040620.jpg

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 09:47 PM
Is there really any difference in skin tone between a Spaniard and many North Africans?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NH_OCBtspaU/sddefault.jpg

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:48 PM
Is there really any difference in skin tone between a Spaniard and many North Africans?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NH_OCBtspaU/sddefault.jpg

There's a difference between a Catalan and an Andalusian just inside of Spain.

Axe
08-25-2020, 11:31 PM
Aren't many Southern Europeans pretty tan?

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_pictrure_780x520_/public/articles/2020/06/04/ym-nadal-040620.jpg
Hmm I'm not an expert yet when it comes to ethnicity lol so that's why i asked that question earlier

GimmeThat
08-25-2020, 11:36 PM
so, SAS can't handle a trans-racial bathroom it seems

julizaver
08-26-2020, 09:38 AM
I am Eastern European and I am white also. I can further say to what Marcesk said - if you called Luka white boy it is almost nothing to him, but if you call him b*tch a* Slovenian boy than he could feel offended more as you mention his nationality and he could feel it personal. About the tan - the South Europeans (Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy are more dark skinned (or tanned) than their neighbors and yes a lot of people are like Nadal the tennis player).

Bronbron23
08-26-2020, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bINTyCpto&t=2m0s

I time stamped it but if it doesn't work, go to 2:00

Its probably one of the dumbest things he's ever said

Euroleague
08-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Luka is white under any definition anywhere in the world. It's classed as a race, not an ethnicity.

Anyone saying Luka isn't white has the IQ of an amoeba.

Euroleague
08-26-2020, 10:40 AM
^This

In the Balkans specifically, your religion is very important to ethnicity.

Every one of Marchesk's posts in this thread is spot on.

Race and ethnicity are two different things genius.

Bronbron23
08-26-2020, 10:59 AM
Luka is white under any definition anywhere in the world. It's classed as a race, not an ethnicity.

Anyone saying Luka isn't white has the IQ of an amoeba.

this

ralph_i_el
08-26-2020, 11:08 AM
Race and ethnicity are two different things genius.

Would you ever consider a Catholic to be ethnically Serbian? Or an Orthodox to be a Croat? I'm saying that in my time visiting the Balkans, and reading about the region, religion was basically inextricable from ethnicity for people that cared about either of those things.

LeCola
08-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Dudes, people you call

-blacks came to USA from Africa
-asians from Asia
-whites from Europe

So why can't you call white to an European?

Do you think USA is the only country that multiple races exist?

Euroleague
08-26-2020, 11:37 AM

You are a moron.

Euroleague
08-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Would you ever consider a Catholic to be ethnically Serbian? Or an Orthodox to be a Croat? I'm saying that in my time visiting the Balkans, and reading about the region, religion was basically inextricable from ethnicity for people that cared about either of those things.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with a person's race.

CelticBaller
08-26-2020, 11:41 AM

It's all made up.

The only place race really "matters" is the US lol. I come from an immigrant family and my uncles and aunts all come in different colors and they rep their nationality over their skin color.

I mean shit tell an african immigrant he's "black" and he will curse you out lol

Gohan
08-26-2020, 11:50 AM
Euroleague is on point with his posts

LeCola
08-26-2020, 12:00 PM

Lets consider you are right, "white" is about slavery, not about genes.

Do you really think slavery existed only in America? Really?

Edit:

According to wikipedia, slavery started in 3500 BC, America is discovered in 1492. Can you explain it?

Euroleague
08-27-2020, 09:03 AM
Other sites deleted threads on this.......

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Yn5nCc2zpvzWvmUsri/giphy.gif

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 09:10 AM
You are a moron.

Go learn some history. Race is made up. And it's not scientific. Your skin color does not make for a real racial category.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 09:12 AM
Lets consider you are right, "white" is about slavery, not about genes.

Do you really think slavery existed only in America? Really?

Edit:

According to wikipedia, slavery started in 3500 BC, America is discovered in 1492. Can you explain it?

I never said slavery only existed in America. I said "white" and "black" came into existence to justify slavery there. And many Europeans were excluded from being considered "white" until later. The idea that all of Europe was one race based on skin color is recent. Before then, they were different races of English, Irish, Italians, Germans, Slavs, etc.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 09:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI38GtWFihY

DoctorP
08-27-2020, 01:39 PM
what a great mind that SAS. totally worth his salary that the suits at disney and nike provide for him.

90sgoat
08-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Go learn some history. Race is made up. And it's not scientific. Your skin color does not make for a real racial category.

Don't be an idiot.

Race is real and correlates to the 4 major human groups that developed independently of each other for ten of thousands of years: Europoid, Negroid, Mongoloid and Australoid.

DoctorP
08-27-2020, 02:25 PM
melanin is of little relevance to race

plus most people are mixed race whether they know it or not

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Don't be an idiot.

Race is real and correlates to the 4 major human groups that developed independently of each other for ten of thousands of years: Europoid, Negroid, Mongoloid and Australoid.

"More than 100 years ago, American sociologist W.E.B. Du Bois was concerned that race was being used as a biological explanation for what he understood to be social and cultural differences between different populations of people. He spoke out against the idea of "white" and "black" as discrete groups, claiming that these distinctions ignored the scope of human diversity.

Science would favor Du Bois. Today, the mainstream belief among scientists is that race is a social construct without biological meaning."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue//

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 02:31 PM
Europoid, Negroid, Mongoloid and Australoid.

Indians are the same race as Chinese? Turks are the same race as Norwegians? Mayans are the same races as Philippinos? Hawaiians are the same race as Aboriginees? Manute Bols tribe is the same race as some short tribe from Madagascar?

baudkarma
08-27-2020, 03:54 PM

It's all made up.

And you apparently believe that SAS is somehow aware of this deep history and made a cutting intelligent remark. Instead of making a stupid, ignorant mistake like he has all those other times.

DoctorP
08-27-2020, 03:55 PM
And you apparently believe that SAS is somehow aware of this deep history and made a cutting intelligent remark. Instead of making a stupid, ignorant mistake like he has all those other times.

hes defending SAS the same way Trumptards defend Trump

Smoke117
08-27-2020, 04:04 PM
I see what he's saying but it's a strawman argument at best. Do negros not realize that the only one who owned slaves was the very rich? Confederate soldiers weren't fighting because they wanted nigs enslaved...they were fighting out of a sense of pride and honor for their they lived. They were mostly poor dirt farmers. The percentage of whettos that owned slaves was like 5%. Also, there has been a lot of white immigrants since slavery, so it's kind of nonsense how he's trying to differentiate Luka as a european than whites in America. A lot of the gringos here immigrated much later. Also, the irish were discriminated against just as much back then...so why don't we hear about that? Oh they have white privilege. Didn't seem to do much for them back then, eh?

ralph_i_el
08-27-2020, 06:05 PM
I see what he's saying but it's a strawman argument at best. Do negros not realize that the only one who owned slaves was the very rich? Confederate soldiers weren't fighting because they wanted nigs enslaved...they were fighting out of a sense of pride and honor for their they lived. They were mostly poor dirt farmers. The percentage of whettos that owned slaves was like 5%. Also, there has been a lot of white immigrants since slavery, so it's kind of nonsense how he's trying to differentiate Luka as a european than whites in America. A lot of the gringos here immigrated much later. Also, the irish were discriminated against just as much back then...so why don't we hear about that? Oh they have white privilege. Didn't seem to do much for them back then, eh?

Lots of people who didn't own slaves still supported slavery, because they worked for slave owners. The fear was that they would lose their easier/high status jobs if they were forced to compete with free blacks. They realized that they benefited from the slave class even if they didn't own any. The economy of the south was based on resource extraction by captive labor. Most of the rest of the region's industry was connected to that. This is the idea of the relation between primary, secondary, and tertiary sectors of an economy.

Say I'm a clerk in the pre-civil war south. I don't own slaves, and I work for my wage. However, whoever is cutting me checks either owns slaves, or provides a service to the people who do. I might think slavery is wrong, but as long as it's around I get to keep my cushy corner of society.

90sgoat
08-27-2020, 06:19 PM
Indians are the same race as Chinese? Turks are the same race as Norwegians? Mayans are the same races as Philippinos? Hawaiians are the same race as Aboriginees? Manute Bols tribe is the same race as some short tribe from Madagascar?

Indians are a mixture of Europoid and Australoid. Northern more Europoid, southern more Astraloid. Turks are almost exclusively europoid with a small hint of mongoloid. Mayans are a mix of mongoloid, who mixed with australoids. Hawaiians are malay who are a mongoloid people mixed with australoids.

Every group is a combination of these 4 primal races.

Within these major races, there are of course also differences, however no one is in doubt which of the main races someone belongs to.

ralph_i_el
08-27-2020, 06:34 PM
^(none of that is based on modern studies of genetics)

90sgoat
08-27-2020, 08:41 PM
^(none of that is based on modern studies of genetics)

Of course it is.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-966b9864d82683e19aa8c2e7fb4f847e.webp

MaxPlayer
08-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Of course it is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/QC7UQbxq89MnL9r6AN/giphy.gif

insight
08-27-2020, 09:44 PM
Of course it is.

Modern science shows that everyone on earth is a descendent of an African woman they call Mitochondrial Eve. The entire human genome has been mapped and shows there is a 0.1% difference between races. The old science of 5 races African Asian, European, Native American and Oceanian is not supported by modern human genetics study.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

bobopenguin
08-27-2020, 10:52 PM
so can someone clear this for me.
is BLM only refers to those black who been through unfair treatment and struggle like blacks in usa, like slavery, police brutality, racism etc, and does not apply to those recent african immigrants? like embiid or ibaka or Giannis?

should embiid feel anything at all cos he never been through racism struggle or slavery cos.. it's mostly black fighting blacks back in Cameroon, or one may argue that almost entire african continent was colonized by european, so they should feel just as strong as african amercans.

but then, howcome blm protester only held usa accountable? why not hollad, england, german, france, spain black start the serious riot, complain about slavery and struggle back in colonial period?

Gabe Ball
08-27-2020, 11:33 PM
Of course it is.

wtf are these specks on my computer screen

insight
08-27-2020, 11:38 PM
is BLM only refers to those black who been through unfair treatment and struggle like blacks in usa, like slavery, police brutality, racism etc, and does not apply to those recent african immigrants? like embiid or ibaka or Giannis?

should embiid feel anything at all cos he never been through racism struggle or slavery cos.. it's mostly black fighting blacks back in Cameroon, or one may argue that almost entire african continent was colonized by european, so they should feel just as strong as african amercans.

but then, howcome blm protester only held usa accountable? why not hollad, england, german, france, spain black start the serious riot, complain about slavery and struggle back in colonial period?
It's really not complicated. Police officers are profiling, brutalizing and killing African Americans in the US based on skin color. The police officers were able to do this with impunity which is what people are protesting.

bobopenguin
08-27-2020, 11:48 PM
It's really not complicated. Police officers are profiling and brutalizing and killing African Americans in the US based on skin color. The police officers were able to do this with impunity which is what people are protesting.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Thursday defended the Chicago Police Department’s ban on protests on her Logan Square block, citing a significant number of threats against her, her wife and 12-year-old daughter amid anti-police brutality protests that have turned violent.

“I’m not going to make any excuses for the fact, that given the threats that I have personally received, given the threats to my home and my family, I’m going to do everything I can to ensure that they are protected,” Lightfoot said at an unrelated news conference. “I make no apologies whatsoever for that.”

“I have a right to make sure my home is secure,” Lightfoot said. “We have a right in our home to live in peace.”

so she want to reform police, then ask police to protect her family, so who gonna protect normal civilian's family?

insight
08-28-2020, 12:07 AM
Mayor Lori Lightfoot on Thursday defended the Chicago Police Department’s ban on protests on her Logan Square block, citing a significant number of threats against her, her wife and 12-year-old daughter amid anti-police brutality protests that have turned violent.

“I’m not going to make any excuses for the fact, that given the threats that I have personally received, given the threats to my home and my family, I’m going to do everything I can to ensure that they are protected,” Lightfoot said at an unrelated news conference. “I make no apologies whatsoever for that.”

“I have a right to make sure my home is secure,” Lightfoot said. “We have a right in our home to live in peace.”

so she want to reform police, then ask police to protect her family, so who gonna protect normal civilian's family?

It's not complicated, there is a difference between protestors and rioters. Protestors are fighting for everyone to be protected equally, rioters are there to cause trouble.
Have you watched the videos of the riots, the majority of the rioters are young and white. Grouping them together allows some who do not want to deal with the real issue deflect and point out unlawful behavior by rioters.
The did the same think to MLK in the 60s, that's why they justified sicking dogs and water hoses on them.

bobopenguin
08-28-2020, 12:20 AM
It's not complicated, there is a difference between protestors and rioters. Protestors are fighting for everyone to be protected equally, rioters are there to cause trouble.
Have you watched the videos of the riots, the majority of the rioters are young and white. Grouping them together allows some who do not want to deal with the real issue deflect and point out unlawful behavior by rioters.
The did the same think to MLK in the 60s, that's why they justified sicking dogs and water hoses on them.

so, joseph rosenbauml the dude got shot by Kyle Rittenhouse, a registered sexual predator, domestic abuser, marching with blm protesters, shouting black live matters, taunting kyle and chase him down, is he a protesters or rioters.

90sgoat
08-28-2020, 12:23 AM
wtf are these specks on my computer screen

It shows human ethnicities plotted with their genetic distance to each other.

90sgoat
08-28-2020, 12:24 AM
Modern science shows that everyone on earth is a descendent of an African woman they call Mitochondrial Eve. The entire human genome has been mapped and shows there is a 0.1% difference between races. The old science of 5 races African Asian, European, Native American and Oceanian is not supported by modern human genetics study.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

This is wrong by the simple fact that all non-africans have Neanderthal genetics of 2-4%.

insight
08-28-2020, 12:35 AM
so, joseph rosenbauml the dude got shot by Kyle Rittenhouse, a registered sexual predator, domestic abuser, marching with blm protesters, shouting black live matters, taunting kyle and chase him down, is he a protesters or rioters.

I don't know who your talking or the incident you are referring to but generally speaking protesters are peaceful rioters are not.

Nashty
08-28-2020, 12:37 AM
It's really not complicated. Police officers are profiling, brutalizing and killing African Americans in the US based on skin color. The police officers were able to do this with impunity which is what people are protesting.

Classic black victimhood. Show some facts or proofs of these claims. You want to say that police in case of Jacob Blake (and other black people that they killed) was just driving around in their car, and saw a black man and said hey look at this guy he's black let's get out of the car and kill him because he is black. Gtfo with this bullshit victimhood already.

Let's talk facts and numbers. Let's talk how black people commit 53% of all the murders even tho they are only 13% of US population. Let's talk how cops killed 52% white men last year compared to 25% black people. Let's talk how 19 white unarmed men were killed compared to 9 black unarmed men.

Nashty
08-28-2020, 12:42 AM
To add to that only 3% of all black people murdered last year was by the cops, and only 0.1% of them unarmed. So, when the cops hate you so much, and you are so afraid of them, and they hunt you down on the streets like animals just because you are black, and they are your biggest enemy who the **** kills these other 97% of black people? Is it the white people? Because you seem to hate them too.

insight
08-28-2020, 12:58 AM
This is wrong by the simple fact that all non-africans have Neanderthal genetics of 2-4%.

There was interbreeding but between Homosapien and Neanderthal and Home erectus, but most suggest it was very limited if you believe in the replacement theory. However there has been huge breakthroughs in human genome study and most of the information I have read suggest we are more closely related than previously thought. Any additional information would be welcome.

Nashty
08-28-2020, 01:15 AM
Let's compare white and black murders in 2018.

There were 6088 total of white people murdered in 2018. 399 of those people were murdered by the police which is 6.55%.

There were 7407 total of black people murdered in 2018. 209 of those people were murdered were by the police which is 2.8%.

B-b-but all cops are racists and they are killing us because we are black :facepalm you seriously need to stop with this bullshit for your own good.

insight
08-28-2020, 01:21 AM
Let's compare white and black murders in 2018.

There were 6088 total of white people murdered in 2018. 399 of those people were murdered by the police which is 6.55%.

There were 7407 total of black people murdered in 2018. 209 of those people were murdered were by the police which is 2.8%.

B-b-but all cops are racists and they are killing us because we are black :facepalm you seriously need to stop with this bullshit for your own good.

You need to use total population for your numbers to mean anything. What you are proving using total people murdered is O X O = O.

bluechox2
08-28-2020, 01:31 AM
That was racist if sas

Nashty
08-28-2020, 01:32 AM
You need to use total population for your numbers to mean anything. What you are proving using total people murdered is O X O = O.

You are either a troll or retarded. What total population has to do with this when black population who are only 13% of whole US population are responsible for 53% of the murders. Can you understand this or are you stupid? There is 234 million white people compared to 40 million black people, that's almost 6 times less black people, and somehow black people still commit 53% of the total murders compared to 44% of those murders being commited by white people.

insight
08-28-2020, 01:44 AM
You are either a troll or retarted. What total population has to do with this when black population who are only 13% of whole US population are responsible for 53% of the murders. Can you understand this or are you stupid? There is 234 million white people compared to 40 million black people, that's almost 6 times less black people, and somehow black people still commit 53% of the total murders compared to 44% of those murders being commited by white people.

You were suggesting police murdered more white people than black based on percentage. Your words not mine. "6088 total of white people murdered in 2018. 399 of those people were murdered by the police which is 6.55%.
We both know your stats are bogus, because the real numbers " total white population proves the exact opposite of what you were claiming.
Call me names and change the subject but O X O =O

Nashty
08-28-2020, 02:15 AM
I don't even know what are you saying. I am not suggesting anything, these are real numbers here. Explain me how is it possible that 40 million blacks committed 6380 murders compared to 234 million whites who commited 5280 murders, and yet somehow the police killed more white people than black people. And then you want to use total population like that matters in this situation when very small number of total white population is gun violent compared to total population of black people. It makes no sense, you basically want to punish most white people for not being violent thugs by comparing them to black people by total population who have way more violent thugs per capita.

Axe
08-28-2020, 02:27 AM
What you are proving using total people murdered is O X O = O.
Since you typed this, i was suddenly reminded of tic tac toe and two classic buttons from the usual playstation controller.

julizaver
08-28-2020, 04:08 AM
I think this thread went too far outside bball and should be closed. SAS is making so much noise (vocally during his shows and disputes with his bold statements), but this is how he earns his money - and the more controversy he create and the more fights with players/colleagues - all increase his popularity and add to his paycheck.

insight
08-28-2020, 06:22 AM
Since you typed this, i was suddenly reminded of tic tac toe and two classic buttons from the usual playstation controller.

Hahaha!

tpols
08-28-2020, 06:57 AM
You are either a troll or retarded. What total population has to do with this when black population who are only 13% of whole US population are responsible for 53% of the murders. Can you understand this or are you stupid? There is 234 million white people compared to 40 million black people, that's almost 6 times less black people, and somehow black people still commit 53% of the total murders compared to 44% of those murders being commited by white people.

yup... and murder isn't something you can plant. this isn't a chapelle show skit "sprinkle some crack on them"..

dn41
08-28-2020, 07:04 AM
Classic black victimhood.

are you black?

Axe
08-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Hahaha!
:cheers:

ralph_i_el
08-28-2020, 01:13 PM
yup... and murder isn't something you can plant. this isn't a chapelle show skit "sprinkle some crack on them"..

Almost half of murders aren't solved, so these numbers are bullshit anyways.

Nashty
08-28-2020, 01:35 PM
Almost half of murders aren't solved, so these numbers are bullshit anyways.

Yeah, yeah all numbers lie, this is all just a conspiracy against all these innocent black people like Jacob Blake who wouldn't hurt a fly, gtfo with these bullshit.

bigbrownschaub
08-28-2020, 03:54 PM
looks white to me. y'blogbusser.

kav23
08-29-2020, 04:36 PM

My point is being "white" is a social construct that has changed over time. SAS's point was that Luka is not American, so the racial categories we use for Americans don't apply to him. He's not white in an American sense and all the baggage that comes with that. Eastern Europeans had nothing to do with the slave trade, Jim Crow or anything related to American racial issues. They no doubt have their own issues, but it's a different culture and history.

Luka is only "white" in the sense that whiteness got extended to all Europeans a few decades back.

In the context of NBA players, White usually means White American.

White in the context of White American is to me someone that is 4 or more generations removed from their ancestral European homeland(s). They are born in the USA and so are both of their parents and all four of their grandparents; the immigrant ancestor(s) would be great grandparent(s) or earlier.

Kids use the slang term spicy white to mean a white person 3 generations or less removed from their ancestral European homeland(s). https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spicy%20Whites

Definition 2 - A White person that has culture, ex. Balkan.
"Is Luka Doncic white?"
"Yes, but he is spicy white."
"Where is he from?"
"Slovenia."

Definition 5 - A Caucasian person whose origin is not of America, but of Europe. Likely to be of Eastern European descent.
"Luka Doncic isn't White White, he's like... Spicy White."

Euroleague
08-29-2020, 05:34 PM

Giannis and Ibaka immigrated from Europe, not Africa.

BurningHammer
08-29-2020, 09:31 PM
How Black Americans classify afro folks from Africa, Carribean or South America?