PDA

View Full Version : Raptors players considering boycotting first game against Celtics

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 06:58 PM
After Giannis was announced as the DPOY award and interviewed a little bit by the resident clowns, Ernie asked the Bucks whether they had discussed doing anything regarding the latest police shooting since VanFleet had suggested that the Raptors could boycott their first game against Boston.

If Toronto boycotts, Boston will as well, leading to a no contest first game? Then what happens if the series goes 3-3?

Do other teams boycott current games, or wait for the first game of the second round? That would likely end up in at least one 3-3 series. If they boycott current first round games, then how does that work?

Shogon
08-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Yes, NBA players refusing to play and boycotting games is definitely going to force the social change they want for an incredibly nuanced issue that has been boiled down to "muh racism."

Haha, clueless.

Nashty
08-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Where was this for Ryan Whitaker and Daniel Shaver?

tpols
08-25-2020, 07:01 PM
It's amazing to me man... if some redneck criminal got shot while blatantly resisting warrant arrest for violent crime, I wouldn't even bat an eye.

NBA players are so ****ing stupid. I wish there was a sport I could watch where the players weren't all retarded. Maybe soccer, but that shit is boring.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:03 PM
It's amazing to me man... if some redneck criminal got shot while blatantly resisting warrant arrest for violent crime, I wouldn't even bat an eye.

NBA players are so ****ing stupid. I wish there was a sport I could watch where the players weren't all retarded. Maybe soccer, but that shit is boring.

It's not that they're retarded.

Look, man. If you were told from the moment that you were born that you were a victim because of the color of your skin, guess what you're going to grow up believing? And the media can play on those emotions until the end of time. Point blank period.

And I'm not saying that blacks haven't been unfairly targeted in the past or that it doesn't happen now... of course it used to be way worse, and it still happens. But most of the instances we see flare up in the news are from a black guy acting like a complete ****ing fool and the police maybe or maybe not doing something wrong... but in the public's eyes, they're always wrong.

Anyhow...

Stanley Kobrick
08-25-2020, 07:04 PM
it's good to make social awareness, very brave and wise of the Toronto Raptors

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Also, I'd like to add... that the problem with police shooting people is largely about men being control freaks because they are men and they are wired differently. They resist, they get shot. That's how it happens. Women don't resist and act a fool and don't present nearly as big of a threat because of the nature of physical differences, women don't get shot.

Notice how nobody ever talks about the fact that like 95% of police shootings are on men. Notice how that's not a narrative? Because men and women are different. And it's obvious.

Just like blacks largely act differently from whites. That's not racist, it's just a fact. Now, we can talk about the cause being socioeconomic issues that have led this to be the case, or whether it's evolution, or both, or whatever the **** else. But the issue isn't as simple as black people being shot because cops are so racist that they enjoy shooting black people. That is a narrative for sheep.

Kblaze8855
08-25-2020, 07:08 PM
It's not that they're retarded.

Look, man. If you were told from the moment that you were born that you were a victim because of the color of your skin, guess what you're going to grow up believing? And the media can play on those emotions until the end of time. Point blank period.

And I'm not saying that blacks haven't been unfairly targeted in the past or that it doesn't happen now... of course it used to be way worse, and it still happens. But most of the instances we see flare up in the news are from a black guy acting like a complete ****ing fool and the police maybe or maybe not doing something wrong... but in the public's eyes, they're always wrong.

Anyhow...

My ex(well...reserve) cop friend is going crazy online. He calls it bad policing. He has his reasons but they would sound hollow coming from me. Essentially....letting him get to the car when they outnumbered him is them being soft to begin with. His general opinion not mine.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:11 PM
My ex(well...reserve) cop friend is going crazy online. He calls it bad policing. He has his reasons but they would sound hollow coming from me. Essentially....letting him get to the car when they outnumbered him is them being soft to begin with. His general opinion not mine.

Right but if they had grabbed him and thrown him to the ground and pinned him they would have been called racist also. They're in a no win situation right now. That's obvious.

So is the solution to just let him drive away and arrest him later once things have calmed down so that the mob is appeased and justice is still served? Maybe, but I feel like that's a tad bit ridiculous. Is he going to resist later? Do we just let people do whatever they want?

Like, what?

If the guy was white, this would not be a national story. Period.

Nike D'Antoni
08-25-2020, 07:12 PM
Because Kyle Lowry is injured? And when Kyrie knew Brooklyn stood no chance, he wanted everyone to boycott the games.
Whenever someone feels like losing, lets boycott.

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 07:13 PM
If you want to see a riot, a REAL riot, the Celtics boycotting a game will do it.

Celtics fans gonna be burning the city down if this happens.

tpols
Obviously the cops should've body slammed his ass from the jump and held him down. But even if they did that... thats exactly what happened to george floyd. So it's a lose-lose situation.

Marchesk
Notice how nobody ever talks about the fact that like 95% of police shootings are on men. Notice how that's not a narrative? Because men and women are different. And it's obvious.

True. Most of my rare encounters with the police went okay, except for the traffic ticket I could never talk myself out of. But there were a couple times when I saw how one could get easily get shot. Once I went to get my insurance out of the glove compartment and the officer flinched. He was acting nervous from the get go for no good reason. Maybe he was a rookie. Another time late at night in a park, three officers approached me. They were real suspicious and were asking a bunch of questions. Then they wanted my lincense, so I reach into my pocket, and the female officer backs up with her hand on her holster. I was not carrying or anything like that. I gave them no reason to be suspicious other than being in a park late at night.

So I can imagine being high or having mental issues, or having an attitude with the police in those situations. Make the wrong movement and I can see how they might react. That's not an excuse for bad policing, just saying.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:15 PM

I have a little knowledge here and I'd agree with that assessment. It was absolutely awful for the cops to not control that situation when they should have...they let it escalate..and that part is on them.

However, once he is free and disobeying orders and reaching in the car, really no other way for it to go down than the way it did unfortunately. Just really sad.

Nashty
Why were people silent when police shot and killed a white man named Ryan Whitaker at his door step while he was trying to put down the gun? Where were all the socially wake people when a white man named Daniel Shaver was shot because he had a pellet gun in his hotel room?

Shogon
True. Most of my rare encounters with the police went okay, except for the traffic ticket I could never talk myself out of. But there were a couple times when I saw how one could get easily get shot. Once I went to get my insurance out of the glove compartment and the officer flinched. He was acting nervous from the get go for no good reason. Maybe he was a rookie. Another time late at night in a park, three officers approached me. They were real suspicious and were asking a bunch of questions. Then they wanted my lincense, so I reach into my pocket, and the female officer backs up with her hand on her holster. I was not carrying or anything like that. I gave them no reason to be suspicious other than being in a park late at night.

So I can imagine being high or having mental issues, or having an attitude with the police in those situations. Make the wrong movement and I can see how they might react. That's not an excuse for bad policing, just saying.

And this is another reality... police are human beings... and they're policing the most heavily armed force on the ENTIRE PLANET.

The American public has like close to 400 million firearms. No other country's police force has to deal with that fact.

tpols
08-25-2020, 07:16 PM
Also, I'd like to add... that the problem with police shooting people is largely about men being control freaks because they are men and they are wired differently. They resist, they get shot. That's how it happens. Women don't resist and act a fool and don't present nearly as big of a threat because of the nature of physical differences, women don't get shot.

Just like blacks largely act differently from whites. That's not racist, it's just a fact. Now, we can talk about the cause being socioeconomic issues that have led this to be the case, or whether it's evolution, or both, or whatever the **** else. But the issue isn't as simple as black people being shot because cops are so racist that they enjoy shooting black people. That is a narrative for sheep.

Thats not even true. I used to love watching COPS. Women would regularly resist and be more hysteric than guys. It's moreso that the women dont carry guns and are much easier to physically subdue. George Floyd was like 6'7 240 lbs all muscle. He looked like an NFL defensive linemen. You're gonna have trouble getting that down compared to any female on earth.

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 07:17 PM
Right but if they had grabbed him and thrown him to the ground and pinned him they would have been called racist also. They're in a no win situation right now. That's obvious.

They shouldn't be pinning people on the ground longer than it takes to get them under control. A white dude died similar to the Floyd situation. It wasn't exactly a knee on the neck., but it was close enough for several minutes.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:17 PM
Thats not even true. It's moreso that the women dont carry guns and are much easier to physically subdue. George Floyd was like 6'7 230 all muscle. He looked like an NFL defensive linemen. You're gonna have trouble getting that down compared to any female on earth.

You don't think that generally speaking, men do more violent shit that causes cop interactions and that men resist more? Interesting. I think they do.

But yes, it is surely true that men present a far bigger threat for multiple reasons.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:19 PM
They shouldn't be pinning people on the ground longer than it takes to get them under control. A white dude died similar to the Floyd situation. It wasn't exactly a knee on the neck., but it was close enough for several minutes.

Man, when someone is high as ****, it's tough to know what to do. I guess they could just really really tie them up and walk away or something. The cops in the Floyd case were clearly stupid as ****, particularly Chauvin. What a clown, if not an intentional murderer. I mean, if you watch the entire thing, it's not quite that simple, but that guy still shouldn't have ever been a cop.

Someone here suggested getting EMS to sedate them with drugs, and that's fine, but what do you do in the mean time when someone is resisting and thrashing about?

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:21 PM
Thats not even true. I used to love watching COPS. Women would regularly resist and be more hysteric than guys. It's moreso that the women dont carry guns and are much easier to physically subdue. George Floyd was like 6'7 230 all muscle. He looked like an NFL defensive linemen. You're gonna have trouble getting that down compared to any female on earth.

True. In addition, women have way less interactions with police to begin with. They commit a little over 10% of violent crime and as such there aren't nearly as many women in jail as men are.

Not taking sides here, but that seems like a fair point to make. If a group of people commit a lot of crime...you are going to be the ones interacting with police a lot...and that is when these problems happen.

Athletes and celebrities mean well for the most part, but they are misinformed by the corrupt media in this country and it has brainwashed a lot of people into thinking things that are just objectively not true. Like I said earlier, this whole situation is really sad on multiple levels.

Kblaze8855
08-25-2020, 07:21 PM

So is the solution to just let him drive away and arrest him later once things have calmed down so that the mob is appeased and justice is still served? Maybe, but I feel like that's a tad bit ridiculous. Is he going to resist later? Do we just let people do whatever they want?

Like, what?

If they grabbed him and threw him down you never you would heard of it. Cops grab thousands of people a day. His position is that usually soft cops afraid to get physical are quick to taze and shoot. When the taser didn’t work they should have just brought him down to end it.

Apparently a bully cop will kick your ass but not kill you. A coward cop uses his weapons. I wouldn’t know. Just reporting what he said. He’s always quick to chime in on these things. Sometimes on the side of the cop.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:22 PM
Also, sometimes it can be hard as **** to load someone into a rear car door, even if you have multiple guys on scene. That may sound ridiculous.

So I asked my cop friend why they cant just roll up with a van and a big empty space in the back to throw someone in the back, and he said legally they have to ensure their safety and restrain them with a belt.

It's just... not as easy as... "restraining" someone who is ****ed up on drugs... maybe cops should start administering sedatives? But I think that's a terrible idea for obvious reasons, but it would be over quick at least.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:23 PM
If they grabbed him and threw him down you never you would heard of it. Cops grab thousands of people a day. His position is that usually soft cops afraid to get physical are quick to taze and shoot. When the taser didn’t work they should have just brought him down to end it.

Apparently a bully cop will kick your ass but not kill you. A coward cop uses his weapons. I wouldn’t know. Just reporting what he said. He’s always quick to chime in on these things. Sometimes on the side of the cop.

That's interesting. May very well be true. Sounds true, actually. So no scared cops... how do we do that? Further psychological testing I guess? I don't know.

I saw a chief of police in a very small florida town arrest some white guy by himself, cuffed him, then threw him to the ground and started kicking the shit out of his ribs for no apparent reason, lol.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:25 PM
That's interesting. May very well be true. Sounds true, actually. So no scared cops... how do we do that? Further psychological testing I guess? I don't know.

I saw a chief of police in a very small florida town arrest some white guy by himself, cuffed him, then threw him to the ground and started kicking the shit out of his ribs for no apparent reason, lol.

Start with making sure cops are in shape and know jiu jitsu. Might not need any psychological stuff if cops were in great shape and knew how to handle themselves in a physical situation.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:27 PM
Start with making sure cops are in shape and know jiu jitsu. Might not need any psychological stuff if cops were in great shape and knew how to handle themselves in a physical situation.

I agree with this. Cops shouldn't be allowed to get fat af. That presents multiple problems.

My friend that's a sergeant is fat af, but he's also never shot anyone.

3ball
08-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Yes, NBA players refusing to play and boycotting games is definitely going to force the social change they want for an incredibly nuanced issue that has been boiled down to "muh racism."

Haha, clueless.

It isn't that nuanced

Once blacks were freed from slavery, they were still at the bottom.. poverty is passed down like alcoholism - only 1 of 100 will defy the odds and make it out - coming from behind is the EXCEPTION, not the rule or expectation

Ultimately, slavery put blacks behind everyone else socioeconomically and also self perception.. so they commit more crimes and cops view them negatively... and treat them as such, often going overboard with rough treatment and over-arresting Blacks (arresting them 5 times more often for weed despite equal consumption as whites.. this is common for many petty crimes/citations)

So it isn't just the cops committing murders - that's the extreme - it's all the lesser mistreatment that leads to the occasional resisting arrest and subsequent murder

It's quite simple

HylianNightmare
08-25-2020, 07:28 PM

Haha, clueless.

Exactly these idiots

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Why were people silent when police shot and killed a white man named Ryan Whitaker at his door step while he was trying to put down the gun? Where were all the socially wake people when a white man named Daniel Shaver was shot because he had a pellet gun in his hotel room?

It's a legitimate question. But mostly people aside from families, lawyers and some advocates weren't doing anything until shit boiled over with George Floyd in the midsts of people being out of work from a pandemic. The BLM was already in place.

Coleman Hughes makes nuanced commentary, and he mentions Tony Tempo (a white guy who died being restrained) around 3:00 in this particular video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1kxRXKstBw

Coleman makes the point that white deaths at the hands of police don't go viral even when there are videos. He wants police reform to happen, but he disagrees with the media coverage and blaming racism for the problem.

Kblaze8855
08-25-2020, 07:30 PM

This is how he put it and left it alone because a lot of his non cop friends were calling him out over blaming the cops.....

All this time to go hands on. Stop being scared to do your job. Stop making excuses. Cowards. And for all you justifying this? Thank God your coward ass aren’t cops.

That was after a point by point video recap. It got heated a bit. He actually quit the force partly because of how much he was hated by other black peoples because of bad cops. I can’t speak on if he was a truly good cop or not. He’s damn sure a hypocrite in ways and more violent than I’d like a cop to be but....he never shot anyone.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:30 PM
It's a legitimate question. But mostly people aside from families, lawyers and some advocates weren't doing anything until shit boiled over with George Floyd in the midsts of people being out of work from a pandemic. The BLM was already in place.

Coleman Hughes makes nuanced commentary, and he mentions Tony Tempo (a white guy who died being restrained) around 3:00 in this particular video:

Coleman makes the point that white deaths at the hands of police don't go viral even when there are videos.

I like Coleman.

FYI...his name was Tony Timpa.

FourthTenor
08-25-2020, 07:31 PM
So a boycotted game would obviously produce a 0.0 TV rating.

Which means, bye bye ad revenue.

Which means, good luck at the collective bargaining table next time around :facepalm

Like... everyone is aware of the issues at this point. NBA players cannot possibly do anything that will make society "more aware" of the issues. The issues are front and center in every single piece of media in the country. Every. Single. Person. knows what the issues are and has their own opinion on them.

At this point, these players are basically shooting themselves in the foot by acting like impetuous, reactionary simpletons. They're not achieving a single thing except to take bread out of their own pockets.

It's not like they're sacrificing money because it's achieving x.

They're achieving nothing.

While pissing their money away.

:confusedshrug:

So... shoutout to his family.

tpols
08-25-2020, 07:32 PM
True. In addition, women have way less interactions with police to begin with. They commit a little over 10% of violent crime and as such there aren't nearly as many women in jail as men are.

Not taking sides here, but that seems like a fair point to make. If a group of people commit a lot of crime...you are going to be the ones interacting with police a lot...and that is when these problems happen.

Athletes and celebrities mean well for the most part, but they are misinformed by the corrupt media in this country and it has brainwashed a lot of people into thinking things that are just objectively not true. Like I said earlier, this whole situation is really sad on multiple levels.

Yup... with all of the millions of interactions per year, it's inevitable there's going to be a couple... .01% that end tragically given the amount of resists. It's getting to the point where we have to let any minority neighborhood just police itself... like what happens in Baltimore or Chicago. You get violently assaulted or raped like what happened here? Tough luck. There are no police to come to your aid. Take it up with the dude yourself. Because if the white boy cops step in and try to serve the warrant, everybody is going to blame them for everything if shit goes south.

3ball
08-25-2020, 07:33 PM
Yup... with all of the millions of interactions per year, it's inevitable there's going to be a couple... .01% that end tragically. It's getting to the point where we have to let any minority neighborhood just police itself... like what happens in Baltimore or Chicago. You get violently assaulted or raped like what happened here? Tough luck. There are no police to come to your aid. Take it up with the dude yourself. Because if the white boy cops step in and try to serve the warrant, everybody is going to blame them for everything if shit goes south.

slavery put blacks behind everyone else socioeconomically and also self perception.. so they commit more crimes and cops view them negatively... and treat them as such, often going overboard with rough treatment and over-arresting Blacks (arresting them 5 times more often for weed despite equal consumption as whites.. this is common for many petty crimes/citations)

So it isn't just the cops committing murders - that's the extreme - it's all the lesser mistreatment that leads to the occasional resisting arrest and subsequent murder

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 07:33 PM
And this is another reality... police are human beings... and they're policing the most heavily armed force on the ENTIRE PLANET.

The American public has like close to 400 million firearms. No other country's police force has to deal with that fact.

That is definitely an important factor.

FourthTenor
08-25-2020, 07:34 PM
It isn't that nuanced

Once blacks were freed from slavery, they were still at the bottom.. poverty is passed down like alcoholism - only 1 of 100 will defy the odds and make it out - coming from behind is the EXCEPTION, not the rule or expectation

Ultimately, slavery put blacks behind everyone else socioeconomically and also self perception.. so they commit more crimes and cops view them negatively... and treat them as such, often going overboard with rough treatment and over-arresting Blacks (arresting them 5 times more often for weed despite equal consumption as whites.. this is common for many petty crimes/citations)

It's quite simple

Well it's put them ahead of most of the world, today. Black Americans are only behind a bunch of rich white people, which is like, what, 5% of the world?

They're actually ahead of everyone in Africa and most places elsewhere too.

Problem is the lack of perspective from living around rich white people and not understanding how fortunate they are themselves.

I also believe all people need something to work toward. Black Americans should really be striving to create stronger black communities in concentrated black areas, rather than keep up with white people in every city. Putting a focus on building something would give a lot of people purpose. And it would also create strength and protection. I still think there should be a significant effort for black in Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, etc. to repatriate the south east and create an entire region where blacks own businesses and run the courts etc. etc.

But it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:35 PM

Coleman makes the point that white deaths at the hands of police don't go viral even when there are videos. He wants police reform to happen, but he disagrees with the media coverage and blaming racism for the problem.

I think I'm in agreement with everything that guy just said. Very intelligent, well articulated, and grounded in reality. We need police reform because there is definitely corruption and cops misbehaving but the narrative of it being open season on blacks is false and nobody cares about it when it happens to a white guy even if it's caught on video. He even covers the media's role in it.

He also essentially said, and these are my words, that BLM is a largely peaceful movement that has been conflated with a bunch of misbehaving deceived people that are basically giving it a bad name.

The dude absolutely ****ing NAILED IT. Well done.

Well ****ing done.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:37 PM
Yup... with all of the millions of interactions per year, it's inevitable there's going to be a couple... .01% that end tragically. It's getting to the point where we have to let any minority neighborhood just police itself... like what happens in Baltimore or Chicago. You get violently assaulted or raped like what happened here? Tough luck. There are no police to come to your aid. Take it up with the dude yourself. Because if the white boy cops step in and try to serve the warrant, everybody is going to blame them for everything if shit goes south.

Well, I actually agree with what 3ball said.

Slavery, Jim Crow, Redlining, The War On Drugs...etc....have all screwed black people over in this country broadly. To the point where you tell me the zip code a person is born in...and you can, pretty accurately, predict how their life is going to go. That isn't right or fair. We, as a society, have to do something about evening the starting point in life or this shit will just get worse and worse.

Of course there are problems within the black community as well and those can't be ignored completely (like kids raised by only 1 parent and spending habits), but at the core of this issue is a country that never properly dealt with the aftermath of slavery in relation to the black members of our society.

Until those injustices are addressed...you are going to see the problems continue.

That is why I'm a proponent of UBI (Universal Basic Income) and some form of reparations, not individually, but through rebuilding communities in need. Hopefully we see some version of that in the next few years.

Nashty
08-25-2020, 07:37 PM
These black people really mean just BLM. When the same shit happened to Tony Timpa, Ryan Whitaker and Daniel Shaver they didn't care.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-25-2020, 07:38 PM
"It's the 2nd round and Kawhi isn't here to average 41PPG in 3/4 wins, lets boycott the entire round"

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:39 PM
slavery put blacks behind everyone else socioeconomically and also self perception.. so they commit more crimes and cops view them negatively... and treat them as such, often going overboard with rough treatment and over-arresting Blacks (arresting them 5 times more often for weed despite equal consumption as whites.. this is common for many petty crimes/citations)

Ok, let's say everything you said is 100% accurate and it's all a result of slavery's impact.

What's the resolution?

SouBeachTalents
08-25-2020, 07:39 PM
Where was this for Ryan Whitaker and Daniel Shaver?
What's crazy is those don't get even 1/10th the publicity of the shootings of blacks. I didn't even hear about Ryan Whitaker until I saw your post while George Floyd was literally headline news for weeks. The Daniel Shaver shooting happened back in 2016 and I only heard about it this year, and that one is legit the most fcked up police shooting I've ever seen. I can't even fathom the blowback if he had been black

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:40 PM
Ok, let's say everything you said is 100% accurate and it's all a result of slavery's impact.

What's the resolution?

I don't think it is either or, but my take is UBI plus reparations in the form of rebuilding communities in need.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Well, I actually agree with what 3ball said.

Slavery, Jim Crow, Redlining, The War On Drugs...etc....have all screwed black people over in this country broadly. To the point where you tell me the zip code a person is born in...and you can, pretty accurately, predict how their life is going to go. That isn't right or fair. We, as a society, have to do something about evening the starting point in life or this shit will just get worse and worse.

Of course there are problems within the black community as well and those can't be ignored completely (like kids raised by only 1 parent and spending habits), but at the core of this issue is a country that never properly dealt with the aftermath of slavery in relation to the black members of our society.

Until those injustices are addressed...you are going to see the problems continue.

That is why I'm a proponent of UBI (Universal Basic Income) and some form of reparations, not individually, but through rebuilding communities in need. Hopefully we see some version of that in the next few years.

They've been freed... they were freed long ago. What do you specifically suggest be done to undo the post slavery impact? Because I can tell you giving them a bunch of money isn't going to do a DAMN thing.

edit: I see the post above mine, ok, so you think UBI... and reparations.

I don't think that fixes the matter of the heart and fixes where their communities are at. I think that just puts a bandaid on a worse problem.

The first and foremost thing we need to figure out is how to get the fathers back in the homes, in my opinion, and then proceed from there.

3ball
08-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Actually it put them well ahead of most of the world, economically. Black Americans are only behind some rich white people, which is like 5% of the world.

They're actually ahead of everyone in Africa and most places elsewhere too.
But in this country, it put blacks at the bottom, which leads to everything else I said

Who cares about 3rd world countries? The poor people of a 1st world country will always have more money than most people in a 3rd world country

What matters is this country, where slavery put blacks at the bottom... The worst neighborhood, schools, segregation, etc.. any race would suffer for centuries after a situation like that...

I always assumed that when slaves were being packed into ships like sardines for the journey to America, the best spot would be on top of the pile... That way you piss and shit on everyone below you, while not getting shitted on yourself.. that's the kind of inhumanity we're talking about

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:42 PM
They've been freed... they were freed long ago. What do you specifically suggest be done to undo the post slavery impact? Because I can tell you giving them a bunch of money isn't going to do a DAMN thing.

I disagree. I think it would do a lot. In fact, there is a lot of evidence giving money to people helps them tremendously. In addition, I think rebuilding communities in need would also help. And, yep, there are things internal to the black community that need to be addressed as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnFAOwFVsAAXxIH?format=jpg&name=medium

Smoke117
08-25-2020, 07:44 PM
lol I'm completely done with the NBA if some bullshit like this happens.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:44 PM
But in this country, it put blacks at the bottom, which leads to everything else I said

Who cares about 3rd world countries? The poor people of a 1st world country will always have more money than most people in a 3rd world country

What matters is this country, where slavery put blacks at the bottom... The worst neighborhood, schools, segregation, etc.. any race would suffer for centuries after a situation like that...

I always assumed that when slaves were being packed into ships like sardines for the journey to America, the best spot would be on top of the pile... That way you piss and shit on everyone below you, while not getting shitted on yourself.. that's the kind of inhumanity we're talking about

Bro you do realize that only like 5% of slaves back then ended up in America? It wasn't the American white man driving the slave trade.

It was, largely but not exclusively, very wealthy jews and the black africans enslaving themselves. Look it up.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:45 PM
I disagree. I think it would do a lot. In fact, there is a lot of evidence giving money to people helps them tremendously. In addition, I think rebuilding communities in need would also help. And, yep, there are things internal to the black community that need to be addressed as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnFAOwFVsAAXxIH?format=jpg&name=medium

Does this get the fathers back in the home? Because I honestly I think that's what needs to be figured out as step 1.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:47 PM
Also, UBI is probably going to be needed as robots and AI eliminate more and more jobs, but I digress.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 07:48 PM
Does this get the fathers back in the home? Because I honestly I think that's what needs to be figured out as step 1.

I actually think it would help because it would reduce welfare as this UBI would be with no strings attached. So it would help to align incentives for society at large...whereas now some are better off proving they can't work or need help than actually trying to make it.

And I totally agree about the epidemic of single parent families in our country...it impacts the black community the most, but it is also a real problem for whites as well.

tpols
08-25-2020, 07:49 PM
slavery put blacks behind everyone else socioeconomically and also self perception..

Did you know the term "slavery" came from slav?

Eastern Europeans were slaves to muslim moors from spain and ottomans from the east. They were slaves to Africans that conquered southern Europe and muslims from the middle east. They weren't even considered white people, just sub humans. Thats Jokic and Luka bloodlines.

So you have to stop blaming everything on slavery. Eastern Europe went through some of the bloodiest wars and genocides ever in the 1990s when the Bulls were winning rings. And these guys emerged. Sabonis Divac Kukoc etc. You have to stop blaming everything on slavery. There are tons of ethnic groups that were enslaved throughout history. Eventually they all progressed. BLM is a devolution. Opposite.

3ball
08-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Bro you do realize that only like 5% of slaves back then ended up in America? It wasn't the American white man driving the slave trade.

It was, largely but not exclusively, very wealthy jews and the black africans enslaving themselves. Look it up.

Most blacks in this country and the Carribean are decendants of slaves.. and slavery was the law of USA for centuries - all whites in government enforcing it

So I don't know what your point is.. slavery is why blacks are at the bottom socioeconomically - it's easily the biggest reason (the only reason because everything stems from that)

Shogon
08-25-2020, 07:58 PM
Most blacks in this country and the Carribean are decendants of slaves.. and slavery was the law of USA for centuries - all whites in government enforcing it

So I don't know what your point is.. slavery is why blacks are at the bottom socioeconomically - it's easily the biggest reason (the only reason because everything stems from that)

I don't know that's the only reason. I'm not entirely sure that's true. I know it's a factor, particularly the mentality about it if for no other reason.

However, it's observable fact that the races have different IQs. If you believe in evolution, you must arrive at the conclusion that the races aren't in the same spot on the evolutionary scale. How could they be, if evolution is a thing?

3ball
08-25-2020, 08:02 PM
Did you know the term "slavery" came from slav?

Eastern Europeans were slaves to muslim moors from spain and ottomans from the east. They were slaves to Africans that conquered southern Europe and muslims from the middle east. They weren't even considered white people, just sub humans. Thats Jokic and Luka bloodlines.

So you have to stop blaming everything on slavery. Eastern Europe went through some of the bloodiest wars and genocides ever in the 1990s when the Bulls were winning rings. And these guys emerged. Sabonis Divac Kukoc etc. You have to stop blaming everything on slavery. There are tons of ethnic groups that were enslaved throughout history. Eventually they all progressed. BLM is a devolution. Opposite.

Slavery is the reason - and all the inequity and racism that existed after the civil war

Blacks couldn't vote, get good education, get home loan equally, drink at the same fountain until the 60's

That's going to have a big effect

I know you want to say "Blacks are just lazy - that's why they're low socioeconomically"

But that's horseshit.. no race is lazier than another.. circumstances cause an apathy or sheer ignorance about what's possible.. if you grow up in some neighborhoods, the idea of going to college is perceived like winning American Idol or something, aka not in the realm of possibility.. not considered or thought about... The families in neighborhoods like that have passed down a horrible upbringing since slavery.. kids literally have no chance unless they're blessed with hops

Shogon
08-25-2020, 08:06 PM
Also, I'm no historian, so someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember hearing anything about the black community being off the chain dangerous and crazy back in the day. It feels like that's a more modern thing (past 30 years or so) which doesn't line up with the timeline of it being a slavery exclusive thing.

What else has happened? What laws were passed?

I think Candace Owens said that welfare encourages single motherhood, which obviously has started a self perpetuating loop cycle, if that's true.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:08 PM
Also, I'm no historian, so someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember hearing anything about the black community being off the chain dangerous and crazy back in the day. It feels like that's a more modern thing (past 30 years or so) which doesn't line up with the timeline of it being a slavery exclusive thing.

What else has happened? What laws were passed?

I think Candace Owens said that welfare encourages single motherhood, which obviously has started a self perpetuating loop cycle, if that's true.

Slavery is at the core, but there have of course been other things.

The war on drugs has also had a huge impact.

Blacks being unable to buy homes after the great depression in decent neighborhoods (where the phrase "there goes the neighborhood" stems from) because banks froze them out of loans...is also a huge factor as well.

NBAGOAT
08-25-2020, 08:15 PM

Blacks being unable to buy homes after the great depression in decent neighborhoods (where the phrase "there goes the neighborhood" stems from) because banks froze them out of loans...is also a huge factor as well.

tulsa race riot should be taught in us history classes.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:17 PM
tulsa race riot should be taught in us history classes.

Yep, really sad how ignorant I was about that until recently.

Never even a peep about that in any history class I ever took. Didn't learn about it until watching the new Watchmen series on HBO last year.

3ball
08-25-2020, 08:18 PM
I don't know that's the only reason. I'm not entirely sure that's true. I know it's a factor, particularly the mentality about it if for no other reason.

However, it's observable fact that the races have different IQs. If you believe in evolution, you must arrive at the conclusion that the races aren't in the same spot on the evolutionary scale. How could they be, if evolution is a thing?

Over time (in the long run) all races have equal IQ

But in the short-run, some races will show an edge over others because of the circumstances prevalent at the time.. Some races and countries will have periods where they do really well, and others get enslaved or something.. or they get wiped out on a war and have to start all over.. these macro factors affect IQ

But in the long run, all races steal/copy each other's best inventions or creations and end up with the same knowledge and capacity for intelligence.. But in the short-term (several hundred years or a thousand), it ebbs and flows... this rising and falling of races/civilizations has been happening since the beginning of time

NBAGOAT
08-25-2020, 08:18 PM
Yep, really sad how ignorant I was about that until recently.

Never even a peep about that in any history class I ever took. Didn't learn about it until watching the new Watchmen series on HBO last year.

same for me. heard it mentioned on reddit.

tpols
08-25-2020, 08:19 PM
Slavery is the reason - and all the inequity and racism that existed after the civil war

Blacks couldn't vote, get good education, get home loan equally, drink at the same fountain until the 60's

That's going to have a big effect

I know you want to say "Blacks are just lazy - that's why they're low socioeconomically"

But that's horseshit.. no race is lazier than another.. circumstances cause an apathy or sheer ignorance about what's possible.. if you grow up in some neighborhoods, the idea of going to college is perceived like winning American Idol or something, aka not in the realm of possibility.. not considered or thought about... The families in neighborhoods like that have passed down a horrible upbringing since slavery.. kids literally have no chance unless they're blessed with hops

How do you explain africa then.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/ebola-DRC-2017/articles/Ebola-coordination-7-630px.jpg

Meanwhile, below... this country got NUKED. And this pictured city firebombed to hell.

75 years later today?

https://mymodernmet.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/ludwig-favre-tokyo-1.jpg

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:21 PM
same for me. heard it mentioned on reddit.

Crazy.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 08:21 PM

So basically they were set up to fail from the beginning, then, when they turned to drugs, they were burned even more because they were impacted disproportionately and somewhere along the way, before or after the war on drugs, welfare laws were passed which also disproportionately impacted their communities, given the previous aforementioned things.

Damn, that's ****ed up if that's exclusively the entire story.

I don't even begin to know how to address that.

FourthTenor
08-25-2020, 08:22 PM
I don't think it is either or, but my take is UBI plus reparations in the form of rebuilding communities in need.

Id support reparations in the form of community investment, but IMO it would only work if it was conditional and incentive based.

Like, if you can get x amount of black folks to move to this area, and you can get the employment rate to a certain point, and you can get enough black cops and judges and attorneys to keep a basic legal system in place... then the community receives a whole bunch of money to invest in whatever it feels is best.

But just random payouts to every TiQuan and Khyreek in America? Will achieve absolutely nothing, it'll end up back in the hands of white shareholders within literally hours.

3ball
08-25-2020, 08:24 PM

Why did banks freeze them out?

aka why did banks and people in general feel negatively about blacks?

It's a product of slavery... Whites didn't wake up one day and say "uh oh, i think I'm really leery about blacks"... that was the STANDARD since slavery... Slaves were freed but people still didn't like em'.... to this DAY

Shogon
08-25-2020, 08:26 PM
Id support reparations in the form of community investment, but IMO it would only work if it was conditional and incentive based.

Like, if you can get x amount of black folks to move to this area, and you can get the employment rate to a certain point, and you can get enough black cops and judges and attorneys to keep a basic legal system in place... then the community receives a whole bunch of money to invest in whatever it feels is best.

But just random payouts to every TiQuan and Khyreek in America? Will achieve absolutely nothing, it'll end up back in the hands of white shareholders within literally hours.

I have to say I agree with this although I think your name examples are a bit racist, lol.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:28 PM

I agree.

The UBI would be universal, so no social stigma, and unconditional...but I am absolutely in favor of communities having skin in the game in order to receive community funding. Could not agree more. Especially because the backbone of the community development will be business creation and schooling...and you can't have either at a quality level unless you check the boxes you listed.

DMAVS41
08-25-2020, 08:29 PM
Why did banks freeze them out?

aka why did banks and people in general feel negatively about blacks?

It's a product of slavery... Whites didn't wake up one day and say "uh oh, i think I'm really leery about blacks"... that was the STANDARD since slavery... Slaves were freed but people still didn't like em'.... to this DAY

I'm not disagreeing with you. My first line in that post is "slavery is at the core"

3ball
08-25-2020, 08:34 PM
Government policy, known as redlining.

It's basically like, "you might be free, but we'll still shit on you and you won't be shit.. stay in your ghetto and don't come out"

And people in poor neighborhoods don't leave... When I was in grad school, i lived in on-campus apartments for 1 year and my roommate was an undergrad from Richmond, CA.. the day I met him was his first day outside the bay area.. He was from a poor neighborhood and went to a nearby community college - never went past San Fran for 24 years.. this is standard in poor communities

3ball
08-25-2020, 08:57 PM
How do you explain africa then.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/ebola-DRC-2017/articles/Ebola-coordination-7-630px.jpg

Meanwhile, below... this country got NUKED. And this pictured city firebombed to hell.

75 years later today?

https://mymodernmet.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/ludwig-favre-tokyo-1.jpg

You've got an early lead in the poker game and are celebrating.. way too early bro.. you're just running good.. relax

This game of evolution never ends... Blacks had the advantage for a while... then whites discovered guns first, so that has allowed them to excel.. but it will come back around again.. we're talking a few hundred years.. that's nothing on the grand scheme of things

And countries have their own unique circumstance.. only 2 cities on Japan were bombed.. they worked hard to reach the top but they have a different circumstances than Africa... And so do we - we have more natural resources than any country

And just because some areas of Africa have huts, doesn't mean those people aren't intelligent, or don't have the capacity for "our" kind of intelligence, aka technology

They choose to live that way and it's not like it's any easier living without technology.. it's actually much harder...

Btw, Nigeria is one of the fastest growing economies. I guarantee that if you ever meet a Nigerian living in the US, they will invariably be among the smartest people you've known

Most of the world's great inventions in the next few hundred years won't be by white people.. their brains reached capacity through complacency and it's the brown folks, aka Indians and Africans that will take white people's ideas and their own to another level

Again, the rising and falling of civilizations has happened since the beginning of time.. so o wouldn't celebrate early... In the long run (thousands of years), all races have equal capacity for intelligence

Vino24
08-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Nba teams should donate these boycotting player’s salaries to charity since they are basically walking off the job. See how the mood will swing then

Nashty
08-25-2020, 09:15 PM
Nba teams should donate these boycotting player’s salaries to charity since they are basically walking off the job. See how the mood will swing then

We already saw their social awareness in a China Hong Kong situation when they were about to lose money from China.

Nashty
08-25-2020, 09:15 PM
I only want to ask these idiot hypocrite players and all idiots who are talking about equality why they were not so socially woke when Ryan Whitaker was killed 2 weeks ago in Phoenix?

3ball
08-25-2020, 09:48 PM
I only want to ask these idiot hypocrite players and all idiots who are talking about equality why they were not so socially woke when Ryan Whitaker was killed 2 weeks ago in Phoenix?

an honest mistake that couldn't be explained by race

Otoh, the stats can be explained by race... You pointed out 1 example compared to tons for blacks, even though whites outnumber blacks 8 to 1

Also most shootings of blacks are UNARMED black people.. what excuse is there to shoot an unarmed person?.. look at Rashard Brooks - he was sprinting away from the cop - he shot the taser but it didn't hit the cop, yet the cop still shot

The cop was angry because he'd gotten his ass whooped and his own taser fired at him

"Officer, did the taser hit you when Brooks shot it?

"It missed"

"So even though the taser missed and Brooks was sprinting away, you still shot him?"

Case closed

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:49 PM
They would probably not consider this unless the Celtics players join them.

Marchesk
08-25-2020, 09:50 PM
They would probably not consider this unless the Celtics players join them.

Maybe Giannis can pick which team he wants to advance after the series ends at 3-3.

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:52 PM

Like, what?

There was no reason to arrest the guy in the first place? They came up when he was breaking up a fight, and he decided to leave because the cops were being overbearing. Cops need a reason to detain you. Cops aren't supposed to just shot you for ignoring them.

RRR3
08-25-2020, 09:53 PM
There was no reason to arrest the guy in the first place? They came up when he was breaking up a fight, and he decided to leave because the cops were being overbearing. Cops need a reason to detain you. Cops aren't supposed to just shot you for ignoring them.
You’re talking to a guy who said we should solve illegal immigration by pulling them out of their houses and shooting them.

Rudeboy3
08-25-2020, 09:54 PM
nba players boycotting a game to defend a criminal who had a warrant out for his arrest, as a record of beating his gf, sexual abuse and pointing guns at people in a public area. NBA players really know how to pick the right people to martyr

Nashty
08-25-2020, 09:56 PM

an honest mistake that couldn't be explained by race

Otoh, the stats can be explained by race... You pointed out 1 example compared to tons for blacks, even though whites outnumber blacks 8 to 1

Also most shootings of blacks are UNARMED black people.. what excuse is there to shoot an unarmed person?.. look at Rashard Brooks - he was sprinting away from the cop - he shot the taser but it didn't hit the cop, yet the cop still shot

The cop was angry because he'd gotten his ass whooped and his own taser fired at him

"Officer, did the taser hit you when Brooks shot it?

"It missed"

"So even though the taser missed and Brooks was sprinting away, you still shot him?"

Case closed

Ryan Whitaker, Daniel Shaver, Tony Timpa, and who knows how many more that is not being talked in the media because they were not black. Also, I think Jacob Blake was armed with a knife.

Rudeboy3
08-25-2020, 09:56 PM

>breaking up a fight

looool, if you seriously believe that bs i got bridge to sell you, plus there was a warrant out for his arrest due to domestic violence abuse. If that is the kind of scumbag hill you want to die on, be my guest

imdaman99
08-25-2020, 10:00 PM
You’re talking to a guy who said we should solve illegal immigration by pulling them out of their houses and shooting them.

:biggums: when did he say this? He says a lot of shit tongue in cheek, doubt he was serious. I have cousins that pay taxes and work that have stayed past their visas and have never committed a crime except parking tickets. They do not deserve to be shot.

tpols
08-25-2020, 10:05 PM
nba players boycotting a game to defend a criminal who had a warrant out for his arrest, as a record of beating his gf, sexually abuse, and pointing guns at people in a public area. NBA players really know how to pick the right people to martyr

What about george floyd and his armed robbery conviction where he pointed a gun at a pregnant woman's belly?

Cities are being destroyed by these animals over this stuff.

Eventually... gov is going to have to come to some hard conclusions.

RealSkipBayless
08-25-2020, 10:05 PM
If we’re honest with ourselves, we’ll admit that during the course of 50 years, there were times when some of us, claiming to push for change, lost our way. The anguish of assassinations set off self-defeating riots.
Legitimate grievances against police brutality tipped into excuse-making for criminal behavior. Racial politics could cut both ways as the transformative message of unity and brotherhood was drowned out by the language of recrimination. And what had once been a call for equality of opportunity, the chance for all Americans to work hard and get ahead was too often framed as a mere desire for government support, as if we had no agency in our own liberation, as if poverty was an excuse for not raising your child and the bigotry of others was reason to give up on yourself. All of that history is how progress stalled. That’s how hope was diverted. It’s how our country remained divided. ~ Barrack Obama

red1
08-25-2020, 10:06 PM
wont happen. Im sure it was a brief consideration. :oldlol:

Rudeboy3
08-25-2020, 10:07 PM

i guess you missed the part where they tackled him, tased him but he wrestled out of hit and was able to reach the car. It wasn't bad policing, the guy was just an idiot. Pretty amazing to me black people in America choose to ****ing martyr, how many black people get killed a week from self-hating black people murdering them? A shit ton but they get ignored but a criminal scum bag like this dude gets turned into a household name because he got (justifiably) shot by the police. Worst part is this stupid line of think is starting to trickle down into the UK, now you have wierdos out here asking me if i'm scared of the police in the UK cause i'm black, foh.

Lebron23
08-25-2020, 10:11 PM
Because Kyle Lowry is injured? And when Kyrie knew Brooklyn stood no chance, he wanted everyone to boycott the games.
Whenever someone feels like losing, lets boycott.

That's the best posts you posted in this forum.

bobopenguin
08-25-2020, 10:20 PM
black group A: want peaceful life, quaity, fairness, no worry getting shot,

black group B: want same wealth as others, want money, want house, want air jordan, want free food, and i will take them in the name of black group A.

black Group C: "wtf is going? i aint oppressed? why are there black homies and white homies saying i am oppressed"

white group A: feel strongly for black group A, wanna fight for their right, but keep silent about any human right issue in china.

white group B: doesnt know the different between black group A or black group B, just wanna tag along and post stuff on IG.

white group C: "if i see any black group B ppl, i will fk them up"

asian group A: let's follow the path of preacher jeremy Lin.

asian group B: "fight fight fight, but dont ruin my store"

asian group C: "I am given instruction from my supreme leader chairman XI to secrectly support black group B"

GimmeThat
08-25-2020, 10:31 PM
an alternative approach would be to ask the league/ownership to donate the proceeds towards a charity.

so far, it doesn't seem the organizations of BLM as a whole had been effective.

I think the charity should go towards funding a bubble environment. this actually reminds me of a small parallel line to the movie "the pursuit of happiness" about the homeless shelter. I think the environment the charity should be responsible for, is simple: no politics involved, no racial biases involved, etc. those who enter the bubble, and acts weird given these conditions will be asked to leave by those who help funded the foundation. As for the application process, it is also up to the foundation whether or not they allow an initial grace period, which in all likelihood, would decrease the violent behaviors of the subject if they were asked to leave.

this might change their mind about boycotting, as it's sad to say, I've seen worse.

Overdrive
08-26-2020, 03:43 AM

In the OT I remarked several times that the 2nd amendment makes policing in the US extremely tough. Everytime a suspect tries to grap something cops have to be alert. Could be a gun.
It's the biggest issue, not skin colour.

3ball
08-26-2020, 09:01 AM
In the OT I remarked several times that the 2nd amendment makes policing in the US extremely tough. Everytime a suspect tries to grap something cops have to be alert. Could be a gun.
It's the biggest issue, not skin colour.

You guys are falling for the group think

Being a cop isn't dangerous... there are tons of jobs that have much higher mortality rates

I watch cops stroll around town with nothing to do except look for petty crimes like jaywalking and trespassing because those are the only crimes they catch in the act.. only the petty shit.. otherwise, for real crimes, the cops get there after the fact 99% of the time... So there's no reason for so many cop cars to be on the street.. traditionally, we've always put more and more cops on the street to stop crime - it doesn't work - police departments already take up half the city's budget - what is giving them MORE money going to do? That approach doesn't work - the South side of Chicago is teeming with cops, yet there's tons of crime going on... There were 20 murders in Chicago last weekend and how many caught in the act? I rest my case

throwing MORE cops at the problem does nothing but screw up the economy without reducing crime in the long run.. city budgets are hampered and people's discretionary income is reduced by the fines.. and the cops take jobs from the private sector - many police functions can be privatized

3ball
08-26-2020, 09:17 AM
What about george floyd and his armed robbery conviction where he pointed a gun at a pregnant woman's belly?

Cities are being destroyed by these animals over this stuff.

Eventually... gov is going to have to come to some hard conclusions.

For cops, it's just a lot easier shooting a black guy then a white guy... White people out number blacks 8 to 1, and I'm sure plenty of meth heads or trailer trash are resisting arrest and wrestling with cops.. but you never hear about it because cops aren't murdering them in retaliation... And that's all it is - "this black dude just whooped me and fired my own taser at me??.. I ain't no punk, I'll shoot this dude".... Otoh, Dylan Roof can murder 12 black people in a church, and the cops take him to Burger King on the way to jail!!!.. People in general, especially cops, think differently when it comes to blacks.. period.. it's engrained in their psyche... And yes, slavery is the root cause