PDA

View Full Version : Has Gary Harris partially declined due to role, too many cooks kinda thing?

ArbitraryWater
08-25-2020, 08:06 PM
Very unusual to see such rapid decline from a good young guard who was on the up for 2-3 years.

He‘s not even taking NEARLY enough shots as someone of his caliber should.

Nuggets are so loaded at the guard position, that just like with Beasley, they might have to let Harris walk IMO.

Harris has more in him than this. Let them be their man and realize themselves somewhere else.

ArbitraryWater
08-25-2020, 08:22 PM
Its not normal / natural for players to „decline“ so obviously after a proven 2-3 year stretch, for 2+ years on... And so often its role related. Change of scenery could do good.

imdaman99
08-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Nuggets are not that loaded at the guard position. They need Harris because he is a 2-way player, they are lacking in that.

NBAGOAT
08-25-2020, 09:18 PM
injury was a factor too. lost his shooting touch since he came back. I think he needs a change of scenery too and den could trade for a more proven player

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:24 PM
His role is to play D and space the floor. That's not always going to show up in the stats. You can see the nuggets really miss him rn.

BarberSchool
08-25-2020, 11:35 PM
Question for OP:

Would you prefer:

1. Be a rotation player on a winning team

2. Average 19.9ppg on the 3rd worst team in the league while taking 21shots ?

Cause with Harris skill set, intelligence and size, those are the options.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:28 AM
Question for OP:

Would you prefer:

1. Be a rotation player on a winning team

2. Average 19.9ppg on the 3rd worst team in the league while taking 21shots ?

Cause with Harris skill set, intelligence and size, those are the options.

When you consider how good he was 2nd-3rd year, me as an individual, I wouldn't believe that those are the only options. I'd try to "realize" myself and be the best of what I can be, and that brings an unknown element to it.

No, I would not be fine with 1. since the winning isn't guaranteed in this case. I'd try to be something, first and foremost.

See where my ceiling is actually at.

And he can't do that currently in Denver.

iamgine
08-26-2020, 08:29 AM
Teams might be covering him differently as he and Nuggets got good and he couldn't adjust. You know Jeremy Lin would dominate for a while but then teams started paying attention to him and his numbers dropped significantly.