PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Ben Simmons for Jamal Murray?

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 08:31 PM
Would you ask for MPJ as well if you're the Sixers?

Is Simmons a bad or good fit with Jokic?

NBAGOAT
08-25-2020, 08:35 PM
good fit for den but you can get a better guard than murray for simmons

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Would you ask for MPJ as well if you're the Sixers?

Is Simmons a bad or good fit with Jokic?

If Simmons and Embiid aren't an 'ideal' fit, Joker and Simmons would be a horrible fit.

RRR3
08-25-2020, 08:39 PM
good fit for den but you can get a better guard than murray for simmons
This is true but I think Murray will be an all star.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-25-2020, 08:43 PM
This would be great for both teams TBH

Denver has no problem scoring with or without Jamal

but their perimeter defense is ass and Gary Harris/Barton are getting older

Ben is the best perimeter defender in the league and is one of 3-4 players than can switch on every position 1-5.

Philly needs a pick and roll ball handler and shooter/scorer than Jamal provides

NuggetsFan
08-25-2020, 08:45 PM
No chance. Simmons is an awful fit with Jokic. Murray's a great fit. Murray's more valuable to Denver than other teams. He's inconsistent as ****, but with Jokic we can live with it. He's super clutch, great in the 2 man game, and more of a combo guard.

Jokic is basically our PG. We don't need Simmons. We need better shooting if anything.

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 08:45 PM
This would be great for both teams TBH

Denver has no problem scoring with or without Jamal

but their perimeter defense is ass and Gary Harris/Barton are getting older

Ben is the best perimeter defender in the league and is one of 3-4 players than can switch on every position 1-5.

Philly needs a pick and roll ball handler and shooter/scorer than Jamal provides

I definitely agree that it's good for Philly.
Main concern is if the court is not too small for Ben and Jokic to thrive together. If Ben and Embiid double on the same interior scoring than Jokic and Ben double on the same Point-Forward style of play.

Tbh I'm not sure who the perfect partner for a guy like Ben. Maybe a Super 3-D guy a la Khris Middleton or Klay Thompson?

NBAGOAT
08-25-2020, 08:47 PM
No chance. Simmons is an awful fit with Jokic. Murray's a great fit. Murray's more valuable to Denver than other teams. He's inconsistent as ****, but with Jokic we can live with it. He's super clutch, great in the 2 man game, and more of a combo guard.

Jokic is basically our PG. We don't need Simmons. We need better shooting if anything.

simmons does cut quite a bit. pnroll and handoffs still work decently well even with simmons shooting woes. you do need elite shootin at the other 3 positions but barton/porter/grant is pretty good

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Sure Simmons would be a defensive boost for the Nuggets but on the other end of the court he needs the ball to have any effect on the game.

You would have to take the ball out of Jokics hands and considering how important passing is to his dominance is that something you would want to do?

Sure it could work but it would be a huge adjustment for Jokic that I don't believe would be beneficial.

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 08:59 PM
Sure Simmons would be a defensive boost for the Nuggets but on the other end of the court he needs the ball to have any effect on the game.

You would have to take the ball out of Jokics hands and considering how important passing is to his dominance is that something you would want to do?

Sure it could work but it would be a huge adjustment for Jokic that I don't believe would be beneficial.

What do you think about these two trades?

A. Simmons for Beal (Not sure if the Wizards do that unless Beal asks out)
B. Embiid for Lavine, Markennan + Bulls 4th pick. (You're getting 50 cent on the dollar but that's a good way to start building around simmons. Lavine is knockdown from 3 and a good off-ball guy. Much more dangerous than any shooter Simmons ever played except for Reddick.)

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 09:09 PM
What do you think about these two trades?

A. Simmons for Beal (Not sure if the Wizards do that unless Beal asks out)
B. Embiid for Lavine, Markennan + Bulls 4th pick. (You're getting 50 cent on the dollar but that's a good way to start building around simmons. Lavine is knockdown from 3 and a good off-ball guy. Much more dangerous than any shooter Simmons ever played except for Reddick.)

I'm not for trading either right now but I will entertain it hypothetically.

Beal would be great but defenisvley without any other moves it would be disastrous.

We just saw the Celtics get shots at will in the 1st round. Without Ben they are pretty lost in that regard. It was different when they had Covington. Thybulle is too raw and foul prone to fill that role yet.

I think if they traded Embiid they need more picks in any deal. Simmons has more longevity in this league with Joel now entering his prime. So tearing it down and building around Simmons has a longer championship window.

I'm high on Markenin but you would be asking for more protected firsts and 2nd rounders in that situation.

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm not for trading either right now but I will entertain it hypothetically.

Beal would be great but defenisvley without any other moves it would be disastrous.

We just saw the Celtics get shots at will in the 1st round. Without Ben they are pretty lost in that regard. It was different when they had Covington. Thybulle is too raw and foul prone to fill that role yet.

I think if they traded Embiid they need more picks in any deal. Simmons has more longevity in this league with Joel now entering his prime. So tearing it down and building around Simmons has a longer championship window.

I'm high on Markenin but you would be asking for more protected firsts and 2nd rounders in that situation.

We had Covington for a while.
Amazing defender. Feast or famine when it comes to his shot. If you're relying on him to be your only 3 and D guy you're going to get disappointed.
That's why he is thriving in Houston now. He's one of 5 shooters, not one of 3 shooters. (In Philly with Simmons, Saric, Embiid and Reddick, he was basically their 2nd best shooter in most lineups which probably wasn't what you want his role to be.)

I think you guys should try Embiid and Simmons for one more year. Doesn't hurt to see if a coach can figure it out.
Both Harris and Horford are a little more tradeble a year from now imo.

But if it comes to it, I'm parting ways with Embiid, not Simmons.

Gohan
08-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Shid I’ll take Murray

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 09:19 PM
We had Covington for a while.
Amazing defender. Feast or famine when it comes to his shot. If you're relying on him to be your only 3 and D guy you're going to get disappointed.
That's why he is thriving in Houston now. He's one of 5 shooters, not one of 3 shooters. (In Philly with Simmons, Saric, Embiid and Reddick, he was basically their 2nd best shooter in most lineups which probably wasn't what you want his role to be.)

I think you guys should try Embiid and Simmons for one more year. Doesn't hurt to see if a coach can figure it out.
Both Harris and Horford are a little more tradeble a year from now imo.

But if it comes to it, I'm parting ways with Embiid, not Simmons.

It comes down to if they want to 'try' build a team to contend straight away you build around Joel.

If they want to be patient and have a longer term plan then they need to build around Ben.

That is if they have to choose.

ralph_i_el
08-25-2020, 09:21 PM
If I have Murray, I'm keeping him over Simmons.

Simmons needs a team set up like Giannis' to succeed. 4 shooters on the floor around him. Probably looking for a star combo guard like Beal or Lavine and an elite stretch big (Porzingis would be perfect imo).

bobopenguin
08-25-2020, 09:25 PM
i dunno, can simmons shoot 3s?

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 09:29 PM
How bout this one BigKAT,

Simmons and Richardson for Russ and Covington.

Who says no and what else do they want to sweeten the deal?

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 10:21 PM
How bout this one BigKAT,

Simmons and Richardson for Russ and Covington.

Who says no and what else do they want to sweeten the deal?

The Houston Rockets say no.
Simmons would be great in their system but the ceiling of their team does not go up.

Westbrook is basically a shorter Simmons with better shooting and worse defense. Does not make sense.

And to be honest you don't want Russell, I think.

But hypothetically, if you wanted to go there, I think Houston would want some shooting to go back their way.
Maybe they ask you for Harris instead of Richardson. Though I doubt they want to pay him that kind of money.

Would the salaries even work on a Simmons & Harris deal?

fourkicks44
08-25-2020, 11:06 PM
The Houston Rockets say no.
Simmons would be great in their system but the ceiling of their team does not go up.

Westbrook is basically a shorter Simmons with better shooting and worse defense. Does not make sense.

And to be honest you don't want Russell, I think.

But hypothetically, if you wanted to go there, I think Houston would want some shooting to go back their way.
Maybe they ask you for Harris instead of Richardson. Though I doubt they want to pay him that kind of money.

Would the salaries even work on a Simmons & Harris deal?

Harris is on waaay too much money:oldlol:

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Harris is on waaay too much money:oldlol:

Man Harris is the sole reason Elton Brand should be fired imo.

Jimmy butler was a great idea. Didn't work out but no one can blame him for trying. (You guys were legitimately a few bounces away from a possible finals apprentice. )

That the Clips Front office turned Blake Griffin into Gallo and Harris and then into Kawahi and PG is just a master stroke.

GimmeThat
08-25-2020, 11:26 PM
cheaper to get shooters in the FA than serviceable bigs though

BigKAT
08-25-2020, 11:43 PM
cheaper to get shooters in the FA than serviceable bigs though

Don't know about that.

Shooters

Dany Green $14,634,147
JJ Redick $13,486,300
Solomon Hill $$13,290,395
Allen Crabbe $17,818,456

Serviceable Bigs
Javale Mcgee - $4,000,000
Dwight Howard $5,600,000
Jusuf Nurkic - $12,000,000
Aron Baynes - $5,400,000
Brook Lopez (Big and shooter) $12,000,000

It seems like you can find some good bigs under 10 million.
Not so sure about shooters.

Only cheap ones right now are Bertans and Harris and they are in for a massive pay-raise.

GimmeThat
08-26-2020, 12:19 AM
Don't know about that.

Shooters

Dany Green $14,634,147
JJ Redick $13,486,300
Solomon Hill $$13,290,395
Allen Crabbe $17,818,456

Serviceable Bigs
Javale Mcgee - $4,000,000
Dwight Howard $5,600,000
Jusuf Nurkic - $12,000,000
Aron Baynes - $5,400,000
Brook Lopez (Big and shooter) $12,000,000

It seems like you can find some good bigs under 10 million.
Not so sure about shooters.

Only cheap ones right now are Bertans and Harris and they are in for a massive pay-raise.

it also seems that many older shooters are out of the league, and youngers bigs have been injury prone, leading to the lower price range

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 12:35 AM

Simmons needs a team set up like Giannis' to succeed. 4 shooters on the floor around him. Probably looking for a star combo guard like Beal or Lavine and an elite stretch big (Porzingis would be perfect imo).

This.

Denver hangs up.

iamgine
08-26-2020, 01:29 AM
Simmons - Jokic combo could have an early 00s Kings vibe to them.

highwhey
08-26-2020, 01:48 AM

Suns.

Booker next to Simmons is a good fit. Booker is at his best off ball, and he can shoot. Simmons is at his best distributing the ball to a shooter while playing elite defense (something Booker can't do).

BigKAT
08-26-2020, 02:35 AM
Suns.

Booker next to Simmons is a good fit. Booker is at his best off ball, and he can shoot. Simmons is at his best distributing the ball to a shooter while playing elite defense (something Booker can't do).

What are the Sixers getting in return?

ralph_i_el
08-26-2020, 11:11 AM
Simmons - Jokic combo could have an early 00s Kings vibe to them.

With Simmons as an extra big Doug Christie? :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
08-26-2020, 11:27 AM
I would want Simmons most if I had a garbage team with a depressed fanbase where you toss him out there and run every play through him. You would never get a Championship this way but you could win 50 games and he could get a Westbrook-style MVP. This isn't exactly acompliment but it's not a knock either. The list of players you could do this kind of thing is very short. I'm just not sure it makes a guy more valuable than someone that can't just carry a bad team but can easily be fit into a good one and enhance it. Very much would depend on what a team needs.

STATUTORY
08-26-2020, 11:29 AM
is Simmons a good fit alongside any other star player?

Stephonit
08-26-2020, 12:02 PM
Simmons can do this right?

https://streamable.com/isvgl8

CelticBaller
08-26-2020, 12:15 PM
How would Jokic and Simmons fit? Simmons is useless without the ball