PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi has developed consistently offensive fouling on drives

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:19 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/570acdfcb86a1efab5a4fa04adc8905e.gif

that's 3 offensive fouls / elbows in one play, and the defender was penalized.

It was already the 2nd of the 1st quarter, and like 10th of the series.

SATAN
08-26-2020, 04:28 AM
Started typing out how glad I am that the refs are letting some physicality back into the playoffs but the more I see it... that gif is ****ed up. What kind of unskilled shit is that? Way worse than the shit people criticize LeBron for.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again :yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:29 AM
Started typing out how glad I am that the refs are letting some physicality back into the playoffs but the more I see it... that gif is ****ed up. What kind of unskilled shit is that? Way worse than the shit people criticize LeBron for.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again :yaohappy:

he lacks foot speed and so he often resorts to stiff arming on drives.

I haven't seen the refs call it once yet.

GimmeThat
08-26-2020, 04:45 AM
Kidd-Gilchrist, was in the inside circle and did indeed jump towards the defender on the field goal attempt. as for the bump prior to forcing Kidd-Gilchrist into the circle, I'm guessing it wasn't called due to the fact it was in the motion of him picking up the ball.

seems he was also beat on the 1st step, Hardaway Jr. should have helped on the play

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:52 AM
Kidd-Gilchrist, was in the inside circle and did indeed jump towards the defender on the field goal attempt. as for the bump prior to forcing Kidd-Gilchrist into the circle, I'm guessing it wasn't called due to the fact it was in the motion of him picking up the ball.

seems he was also beat on the 1st step, Hardaway Jr. should have helped on the play

MKG does not foul him at all, don't be silly.

Kawhi stiff arms him three times.

ZenMaster
08-26-2020, 05:25 AM

No way you help one pass away when the player with the ball hasn't beat his main defender pass his chest, that's tactical suicide.

It's weird basketball when the offensive player gets to push the defender away like that and you call the foul on the defender for getting back into the play.

MrFonzworth
08-26-2020, 05:26 AM

This. OP is being a virgin per usual.

GimmeThat
08-26-2020, 06:00 AM
No way you help one pass away when the player with the ball hasn't beat his main defender pass his chest, that's tactical suicide.

It's weird basketball when the offensive player gets to push the defender away like that and you call the foul on the defender for getting back into the play.

so you're saying when you have a runner on 2nd, and it's a ground ball, you don't try to stop the runner to advance further first because the tactical advantage play is to get the batter out first

am I right

Reggie43
08-26-2020, 06:09 AM
Really hate it when this happens on pickup games especially if the offensive player proceeds to call a soft foul. Happens on rec league games too because they always give the benefit of the doubt to the more agressive offensive player.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:14 AM
Really hate it when this happens on pickup games especially if the offensive player proceeds to call a soft foul. Happens on rec league games too because they always give the benefit of the doubt to the more agressive offensive player.

yeah, like dude can't get by, fouls you three times, and then when you try to get back they call the whistle?

And look in this very thread, people legit think this is how basketball is fairly played.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:15 AM
Luka was yelling after this play too, howling kinda, cause he knew it was so bs..

that damn ref was so tempted to T him up too, saw it how he stared down luka.

Reggie43
08-26-2020, 06:24 AM
I remember back in the day how Anthony Mason used to do this shit all the time and almost never got called for it. I once read in a magazine wherein they said that Mason was the only guy that could dislodge/postup Shaq out of position and he had to use this move to do it.

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 06:37 AM
One more reason why it's so hard to play good defense in the NBA. The league really does love offense.

Overdrive
08-26-2020, 06:49 AM
3rd bump was 50/50. You are allowed to use your off arm to protect the ball, especially when the defender initiates contact. Hard to call in rt, but Kawhi def was early in the replay. The first 2 bumps were blatant offense fouls though.

It's just ironic coming from you. You never called out certain players for stiff arming or shoulder bumping.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 07:05 AM
3rd bump was 50/50. You are allowed to use your off arm to protect the ball, especially when the defender initiates contact. Hard to call in rt, but Kawhi def was early in the replay. The first 2 bumps were blatant offense fouls though.

It's just ironic coming from you. You never called out certain players for stiff arming or shoulder bumping.

I'm just noticing a trend with Kawhi this season.

I don't see LeBron stiff arming anyone right now, and when he was, enough people said so.

Whats the problem?

ImKobe
08-26-2020, 07:25 AM
He's got away with it for the past 2 seasons, but that's expected when it comes to superstars in the NBA, Lebron won 3 titles off that stiff-arm.

r0drig0lac
08-26-2020, 07:40 AM
like Lebron, Lula, Harden, etc...

Akeem34TheDream
08-26-2020, 07:42 AM
Superstar calls. Yeah bs but whatever.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 07:43 AM
like Lebron, Lula, Harden, etc...

Not like them.

You will see Kawhi make it a consistent theme of his offense and rim drives of late.

He literally shoves his defenders away.

r0drig0lac
08-26-2020, 07:46 AM
Not like them.

You will see Kawhi make it a consistent theme of his offense and rim drives of late.

He literally shoves his defenders away.

he is wrong, it should never be allowed, like all illegal screens that occur in every game, but here we are.

knicksman
08-26-2020, 08:14 AM
if you want to be tough OP then stop bitching or you wont be getting any girls.

Gohan
08-26-2020, 08:28 AM
Lebron got caught stiff arming and now op wants to snitch on kiwi. How great, you working for the feds op

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 08:31 AM
whats the estimated collective IQ in the above 2 posts guys

knicksman
08-26-2020, 08:39 AM
seriously, attention whoring is for girls OP.

HylianNightmare
08-26-2020, 08:50 AM
The other dude from Los Angeles does it

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 09:03 AM

Definitely not over double digits

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 09:03 AM
The other dude from Los Angeles does it

George Paul?

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 09:08 AM
Honestly its annoying. How can you defend him when he can literally push you off the way and you get called for it?

Luckily, the Lakers might have an answer for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3qNS-WW7w

Bronbron23
08-26-2020, 10:09 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/570acdfcb86a1efab5a4fa04adc8905e.gif

that's 3 offensive fouls / elbows in one play, and the defender was penalized.

It was already the 2nd of the 1st quarter, and like 10th of the series.

Coming from a bron stan this is hilarious.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with kawhi or bron doing this. Just let the defenders be physical also. Right now its a one way street.

Wally450
08-26-2020, 10:51 AM
1st one yeah. 2nd and 3rd one aren't enough to warrant fouls.

Gohan
08-26-2020, 10:54 AM

Shut up hoe

ralph_i_el
08-26-2020, 11:14 AM
The refs are giving favorable calls to ballhandlers creating contact with the defender. Doncic is benefiting from this too.

Shogon
08-26-2020, 11:20 AM

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with kawhi or bron doing this. Just let the defenders be physical also. Right now its a one way street.

1) Kawhi does that on almost every play, and yes it is worse than things LeBron has done in the past. Kawhi does it nearly every play and he's not even shy about it. He'd have to throw them to the ground to make it more obvious.

2) You are right that in spirit there is nothing wrong with this, but as you said, the defenders aren't allowed to be physical back. It's bullshit and the NBA is a joke and while I will continue to post in OTC, I think I'm done with the NBA after this season ends.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 12:19 PM
Shaq would so stuff 20x worse then that. You're soft as shit.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 12:23 PM

of course there's something wrong with that.

thats not basketball.

its a shoving match

1st one yeah. 2nd and 3rd one aren't enough to warrant fouls.

the 3rd one isnt, the 2nd one clearly still is.

Gohan
08-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Shaq would so stuff 20x worse then that. You're soft as shit.

Lol true that. Look at what he did to Mutombo in the 2001 finals

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 12:24 PM

yea, and those were uncalled offensive fouls..

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 12:33 PM

And Kawhi is mostly shooting contested jumpers at the end of the day. LeBron and Shaq just want to score in the paint.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 12:34 PM
yea, and those were uncalled offensive fouls..

Physical play. You want to turn NBA into a bitch league.

dreamshake
08-26-2020, 12:37 PM
I'm just noticing a trend with Kawhi this season.

I don't see LeBron stiff arming anyone right now, and when he was, enough people said so.

Whats the problem?

Take off the homer goggles. LeBron stiff arms his defender every time he drives.

Gohan
08-26-2020, 12:39 PM
And Kawhi is mostly shooting contested jumpers at the end of the day. LeBron and Shaq just want to score in the paint.

How you think luka was getting so many easy shots in the paint in game 4? You couldn’t touch him or they would call a foul

Leonard’s midrange game is a thing of beauty though

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 12:44 PM
How you think luka was getting so many easy shots in the paint in game 4? You couldn’t touch him or they would call a foul

Leonard’s midrange game is a thing of beauty though

Luka is the biggest flopper/crybaby in the game, especially when his teams losing.

tpols
08-26-2020, 12:56 PM
hows a lebron stan gonna complain about this lol

HylianNightmare
08-26-2020, 01:49 PM
George Paul?

One more hint hes 3/9

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Damn, people go to unreal lengths to defend Kawhi from playing armball than basketball.

bullettooth
08-26-2020, 02:33 PM
LeBron's entire career is based on offensive fouls and nobody gave a shit.

https://i.postimg.cc/NjK4Jy9c/lebron-stiffarm.gif

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 03:10 PM

unlike in the OP, that Knicks player is actually fouling LeBron, idiot.

Can you even show the last stiffarm of LeBron since his career is based on it and all?

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 03:15 PM

Exactly. Insanely ironic thread from OP but this is just stage 1 of his Kawhi meltdown.

iTare
08-26-2020, 03:16 PM

That’s why it’s wrong lol

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 03:23 PM

Agreed, if the offensive player wants to be physical, then let the defensive player do the same back. But calling fouls when the defender tries to play defense against that just makes it that much harder to play defense.