PDA

View Full Version : Bucks have decided to boycott game 5

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 04:15 PM
They have not taken the court as of this moment.

Orlando had taken the court for their warm up and are now in the back.

Not sure how this is going to play out.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:16 PM
Hilarious

Roundball_Rock
08-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Do the Magic show up and take the free W?

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Hilarious

Appears as though the Raps and Boston will follow suit tomorrow

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 04:18 PM
boycotting because a sex offendening, woman beating, gun totting criminal got shot? The nba is such a ****ing joke, if it wasn't for giannis i literally wouldn't give af about the nba

Table
I've only been checking box scores, so I don't care. I'd rather watch Mr. Bean

imdaman99
Hilarious

Let's see how hilarious it'll be when Lebron shuts your day down. You will have nothing left but to troll on ish about how funny all this shit is.

LAmbruh
no excuses

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 04:19 PM
As per Woj

The Bucks players made this decision in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting in Wisconsin, ultimately deciding that they wouldn't leave the locker room for the start of Game 5 against Orlando.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:19 PM
Appears as though the Raps and Boston will follow suit tomorrow

Yo I got a K on Boston winning that game

They better stop playin‘

But like not literally

They better get to playing!

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 04:20 PM
no excuses

Lol

Shogon
I'm a **** hair away from never watching the NBA again. Well, this is it anyways. Regardless, this playoffs is it for me.

alenleomessi
Marvin Williams Terrence Ross and Wesley Matthews not playing a basketball game will finally end racism

RRR3
08-26-2020, 04:24 PM
I'm a **** hair away from never watching the NBA again. Well, this is it anyways. Regardless, this playoffs is it for me.
Lmao no you’re not. You like basketball too much who are you fooling?

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:25 PM

Its true.

I‘d like to think I‘d stop watching this product but I won‘t.

Then again I only watch via streams and dont contribute to them anyway.

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 04:25 PM
What are they planning to do exactly? I hope they wont boycott the entire bubble...

I mean it took a lot of money and effort to put this thing up and there is only about 1 month left to the competition

This would be really stupid

RRR3
08-26-2020, 04:26 PM
I understand why police brutality would upset players, particular black players, but this is ultimately just performative. Donate to causes to support this if you want to make a difference. Stop encouraging people to vote for a racist like Joe Biden as if that will change anything. The NBA is going overboard with the liberal propaganda.

Table
08-26-2020, 04:26 PM
Milwaukee Cucks

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:27 PM
boycotting because a sex offendening, woman beating, gun totting criminal got shot? The nba is such a ****ing joke, if it wasn't for giannis i literally wouldn't give af about the nba

Them not playing does nothing to affect change.

But it gives intelligent people a chance to be left speechless.

Honestly, does the truth mean nothing to you? You don't use context, but you also make things up.

Shogon
08-26-2020, 04:28 PM

Nah man, you're wrong.

I've given up the Magic, a team I rooted for... for more than two decades... I haven't really watched them in years now. I can't handle the gross mismanagement and thorough incompetence.

LeBron is about the only thing I follow in the NBA now, and those days are closing in fast. Regardless of what happens, this is it. I'll still post in OTC but I'm done with the NBA after this season.

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 04:28 PM
Adam Silver must be FUMING right now. The main purpose of the BLM ads was to calm the players down and avoid them boycotting the season

NBAGOAT
08-26-2020, 04:30 PM
I understand why police brutality would upset players, particular black players, but this is ultimately just performative. Donate to causes to support this if you want to make a difference. Stop encouraging people to vote for a racist like Joe Biden as if that will change anything. The NBA is going overboard with the liberal propaganda.

well many guys donate tbf but i see your point. the sport that really would get peoples attention if they boycott is the nfl. bigger part of american culture

Smoke117
08-26-2020, 04:31 PM
God dammit. You just know this will happen for the rest of the day. I was looking forward to that game 5 between Thunder and Rockets.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 04:32 PM

Honestly, does the truth mean nothing to you? You don't use context, but you also make things up.

making what up? The pieces of shit criminal past is out there for anyone to see. What exactly is going to change? Unless you can change violent thugs and stop them from resisting arrest when confronted by the police, shit like this is always going to happen, no matter the amount of money you donate to some shit organization. Also lol at "intelligent" suck your self off much?

https://i.gyazo.com/e97728f5f210a3ca8956f653ab156a29.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/097721e37fa0f938705ae7b875b712e1.jpg

also if you're wondering 3rd degree sexual abuse, is sexual abuse against a minor. So the nba is boycotting because a pedo got shot, truly a great league :rolleyes:

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 04:32 PM
Milwaukee Cucks

:roll:

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:35 PM
making what up? The pieces of shit criminal past is out there for anyone to see. What exactly is going to change? Unless you can change violent thugs and stop them from resisting arrest when confronted by the police, shit like this is always going to happen, no matter the amount of money you donate to some shit organization. Also lol at "intelligent" suck your self off much?

https://i.gyazo.com/e97728f5f210a3ca8956f653ab156a29.jpg

Listen man, you don't get it. Yeah, you are a racist.

Bring up whatever you want. What happened has nothing to do with his track record. And if you don't get it, it's because you're a racist.

tpols
08-26-2020, 04:36 PM

That was the truth. You just cant handle it, cupcake.

Patrick Chewing
08-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Blacks shoot and kill each other on a daily basis and these players don't say a peep.

But boy, let that shooter be a cop and we need to change the world.

Basketball is dead.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 04:38 PM
That should be a W for magic and keep the series on schedule. Postpone is just giving the virus more time to infect a player. Adam silver is such a push over and a dork, he's basically screech from saved by the bell. Silver is just letting bucks dictate the schedule? Give them an L you geek.

Rudeboy3

Bring up whatever you want. What happened has nothing to do with his track record. And if you don't get it, it's because you're a racist.

You can't rebutt what i said you so simply try to call me a "racist' to try and end the conversation. You're clown, i'm nigerian you ****ing fool, why you think i stan Giannis so hard? If you don't, believe me, we can easily get kblaze in here and do a ban bet you. I don't feel sorry for criminal scumbags getting shot and killed, i've witnesses pieces of shit like him destroy communities over here in the UK.

Whoah10115
And RRR3, stop with this Joe Biden racist thing. I am the least practical person in the world but I'm not resistant to urgency, and where you're coming from is ignorant of it.

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:39 PM
That was the truth. You just cant handle it, cupcake.

Hey, I live in Jersey too. Wanna go grab a cupcake together and see the difference?

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:39 PM

Everyone that doesn‘t agree is a racist!

Rayyycists everywhere!

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:40 PM
You can't rebutt what i said you so simply try to call me a "racist' to try and end the conversation. You're clown, i'm nigerian you ****ing fool, why you think i stan Giannis so hard? If you don't, believe me, we can easily get kblaze in here and do a ban bet you. I don't feel sorry for criminal scumbags getting shot and killed, i've witnesses pieces of shit like him destroy communities over here in the UK.

You're a racist. I've defined you. And I don't care from here on out.

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:41 PM
Everyone that doesn‘t agree is a racist!

Rayyycists everywhere!

No. You, for example, don't pass the IQ pre-requisite to qualify.

Shogon
And RRR3, stop with this Joe Biden racist thing. I am the least practical person in the world but I'm not resistant to urgency, and where you're coming from is ignorant of it.

Joe Biden is a bigger racist than Trump you stupid ****ing twit. Shut the **** up you mouthbreathing idiot.

loadingthelife

If some1 bring you facts and data you're acting like an idiot w/o any arguments "u r racist, u r racist" gtfo with that always victim card.

Real Men Wear Green
I empathize with the action I just doubt their ability to impact the people they want to impact. Those sympathetic to their causes will tweet support but those opposed will remain opposed. It is a powerful statement the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time, boycotting a major sport playoff game (in fact I can't think of another instance in my lifetime). But those that follow a certain prominent political leader have largely learned to hate the political views of NBA stars and will just talk about how they're done with the NBA.

DMAVS41
I admire this. They believe in what they are doing and they are putting skin in the game.

There will be consequences though, I hope they are prepared to deal with them.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 04:42 PM

So you're simply just an idiot or a troll. It's pretty amazing the people who spout shit like "we need to start a conversation" immediately have a breakdown and start name-calling the second people don't agree with them. You don't want a conversation, you want a monologue, sorry but that isn't going to happen buddy.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:43 PM
I admire this. They believe in what they are doing and they are putting skin in the game.

Sadly, it comes from a point of ignorance, and thus lack of intelligence.

It‘s not admirable that they don‘t do their research.

Rudeboy3

believe in what exactly? the bucks are up 3-1, if you seriously believe they'd be doing this if they were down in the series or it was 3-3 you're out of your mind. This is the lowest form of "protesting".

And thats even getting into the guy they're boycotting for, literally a human piece of crap. Adam silver is the weakest commissioner in all sports, limped wristed af and has let the inmates run the prison.

ArbitraryWater
So you're simply just an idiot or a troll. It's pretty amazing the people who spout shit like "we need to start a conversation" immediately have a breakdown and start name-calling the second they people don't agree with them. You don't want a conversation, you want a monologue, sorry but that isn't going to happen buddy.

No point in talking to „I‘ve defined you“ lol.

He‘s a troll

imdaman99
08-26-2020, 04:44 PM
Lebron throwing his hat out there with his tweet.

Changes are coming :applause:

LeBron James
@KingJames
·
7m
**** THIS MAN!!!! WE DEMAND CHANGE. SICK OF IT

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:44 PM
If some1 bring you facts and data you're acting like an idiot w/o any arguments "u r racist, u r racist" gtfo with that always victim card.

You likely fail the IQ test, too. So, for now, no racism for you.

Whoah10115
08-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Joe Biden is a bigger racist than Trump you stupid ****ing twit. Shut the **** up you mouthbreathing idiot.

Ok.

Real Men Wear Green
08-26-2020, 04:46 PM
To somewhat shift the topic: What does the NBA do now? What negotiations with the NBPA can they make to keep other teams from doing this? What sucks for us fans is that the NBA owners don't have the power to end incidents of police violence. They can sympathize and donate money but if this is something the players decide to do long-term where is this going?

Thinking further we haven't heard about players leaving the bubble yet. So long as they don't leave the bubble it may just be a one or two game statement. But if they do the season is over and this was all for nothing. Sucks.

Lebron23
08-26-2020, 04:47 PM
3-2

Shogon
08-26-2020, 04:47 PM

LeBron James
@KingJames
·
7m

Hahahaha what an idiot. Opportunistic asshole.

Oh for ****s sake I love this guy's mind and ability on the court but holy shit he is a clueless sheep in the realm of politics.

tpols
08-26-2020, 04:48 PM
Hey, I live in Jersey too. Wanna go grab a cupcake together and see the difference?

We gave your dumbass the facts, if you cant process them, youll be met with ridicule, sweetheart.

Shogon
08-26-2020, 04:49 PM
You know the best part of all this bullshit?

This incident happened before ALL of the guys that are currently active played two days ago... and none of them stopped playing then.

And now they have?

How could they POSSIBLY have looked into this incident further and decided it was something to get MORE upset about than when the story first broke?

It's literal group think bullshit.

Low IQ idiocy.

Ghost1
08-26-2020, 04:50 PM
and what exactly they expect to achieve?! :roll:

Dbrog
100% should be a L for the Bucks. There has to be some sort of consequence for this. Bucks are paid professional athletes and they basically no call/no showed an important day at work. I hope Orlando somehow pulls off a miracle and wins the next 2 games.

Marchesk
To somewhat shift the topic: What does the NBA do now? What negotiations with the NBPA can they make to keep other teams from doing this? What sucks for us fans is that the NBA owners don't have the power to end incidents of police violence. They can sympathize and donate money but if this is something the players decide to do long-term where is this going?

That's a really good point, because there will be future incidents. Things don't just get fixed once and for all because people protest. It will probably lead to some reforms of some departments, and some more officers losing jobs or being charge, but there's going to be another situation during next year's season. Probably several of them. And then following year. And if you can boycott for one thing, what about some other major issue? We have Hong Kong, China's terrible treatment of Muslims, Climate Change and plenty of other things people are upset about.

LAmbruh
08-26-2020, 04:51 PM

LeBron James
@KingJames
·
7m

:applause:

LoneyROY7
08-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Bowl cut is FUMING. :oldlol:

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 04:52 PM

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.629837396.4901/mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

insight
08-26-2020, 04:52 PM
Hahahaha what an idiot. Opportunistic asshole.

Oh for ****s sake I love this guy's mind and ability on the court but holy shit he is a clueless sheep in the realm of politics.

Because he disagrees with your position? Police killing black men with impunity is not political it wrong. It goes against the very documents this country was founded on.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 04:53 PM

This incident happened before ALL of the guys that are currently active played two days ago... and none of them stopped playing then.

And now they have?

How could they POSSIBLY have looked into this incident further and decided it was something to get MORE upset about than when the story first broke?

Low IQ idiocy.

These things happened on monthly if not weekly basis for years

For both ethnicities

Human beings are retarded

Marchesk
Thinking further we haven't heard about players leaving the bubble yet. So long as they don't leave the bubble it may just be a one or two game statement. But if they do the season is over and this was all for nothing. Sucks.

That might have some real financial consequences if the players decide to cancel the season.

Shogon
Because he disagrees with your position? Police killing black men with impunity is not political it wrong. It goes against the very documents this country was founded on.

Dude, that's not the point.

The point is this incident happened before their games two days ago.

Nobody sat out. NOBODY. THEY ALL PLAYED.

And now they're MORE upset? Why? Because one team decided to sit out and caused a chain reaction of group think.

Again, how could someone POSSIBLY look FURTHER into this particular situation and get MORE upset about it later on? What the ****, the more you look into it, the easier to see it is that the guy is a ****ing dumbass doing ****ing dumbass things.

xlong588
08-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Why are they hurting true fans of the game with boycott? Will boycott stop police brutality? the answer is no!
What are they doing? Other than destroy the beautiful game of basketball.

I would just kick everyone boycotting off the league for good.

dreamshake
08-26-2020, 04:54 PM

And now they have?

Low IQ idiocy.

Strength in numbers.

Shogon
08-26-2020, 04:55 PM
That might have some real financial consequences if the players decide to cancel the season.

Their salaries into the future are ****ed no matter what. It's likely they have seen peak NBA salaries. To those that got the long term guaranteed money, congrats... enjoy it.

Roundball_Rock
I empathize with the action I just doubt their ability to impact the people they want to impact. Those sympathetic to their causes will tweet support but those opposed will remain opposed. It is a powerful statement the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time, boycotting a major sport playoff game (in fact I can't think of another instance in my lifetime). But those that follow a certain prominent political leader have largely learned to hate the political views of NBA stars and will just talk about how they're done with the NBA.

Agreed. I support their intent but this will have zero practical impact on policy. The state legislature or the local governments in relevant jurisdictions aren't going to pass anything because the Bucks didn't play a game. As someone noted, maybe the NFL (Packers in this market's case) could move the needle but not the NBA and definitely not the Bucks.

Not only that, what about the TV networks? They paid big money for the rights to these games, especially playoff games. They must be pissed and must want something in exchange back from the NBA for uncertainty and unreliability as a partner. I doubt it will only be this game--other teams will jump on the bandwagon.

At this point are we even having a full playoffs? If so, how long will the delay be? Are these one game boycotts or longer in duration? Assuming play resumes, what happens when a shooting happens somewhere else in the country (the third most populous country on the planet)? Another round of boycotts?

100% should be a L for the Bucks. There has to be some sort of consequence for this

Agreed (and I am rooting for the Bucks/Giannis)--if there are no consequences, teams and players can do whatever they want. This will become a chaotic free for all if Silver doesn't step up to the plate.

FourthTenor
Bowl cut is FUMING. :oldlol:

Lonely Roy disappears when 2-0 becomes 2-2.

Reappears as the series may be delayed indefinitely :roll:

Can't make this stuff up.

Nashty
08-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Everyone who is boycotting games, and everyone who agrees with this decision is a racist because they did not do this for a white man named Ryan Whitaker who was killed by the police 2 weeks ago. I'm done with this racist league and black people acting like victims.

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 04:57 PM

They are doing what they believe is right. I happen to disagree with the media narrative when it comes to police violence...at least the shooting part. But I admire anyone willing to stand up for what they believe in and put themselves at risk...even if I disagree with them.

Especially when they are doing it peacefully and putting actions behind their words.

Shogon
08-26-2020, 04:58 PM
They are doing what they believe is right. I happen to disagree with the media narrative when it comes to police violence...at least the shooting part. But I admire anyone willing to stand up for what they believe in and put themselves at risk...even if I disagree with them.

But they're not, man. Nobody sat out two games ago.

What happened is a couple of players got upset and the group think snowballed from there. I don't think the vast majority of players cared about boycotting because of this incident until it became trendy.

I hear what you are saying though.

xlong588
08-26-2020, 05:00 PM
This will hurt league forever. I plan on quitting watching this shit show ever.

Real Men Wear Green
Which is why I don't think they'll do it...but some of the leaders of the NBA, the real superstars, have "**** you" money and if they feel strongly they can afford the sacrifice, with the roleplayers following the lead even though they aren't as secure. Hope this is just a one or two day statement.

Gray GOAT

You know, some trolls are just that: trolls. But my fear is you might actually be acting serious when typing these things. Very frightening.

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 05:03 PM
believe in what exactly? the bucks are up 3-1, if you seriously believe they'd be doing this if they were down in the series or it was 3-3 you're out of your mind. This is the lowest form of "protesting".

And thats even getting into the guy they're boycotting for, literally a human piece of crap. Adam silver is the weakest commissioner in all sports, limped wristed af and has let the inmates run the prison.

Not sure your point as the Rockets/Thunder are likely to boycott and that series it tied 2-2...so I guess I'm not "out of my mind" for thinking that. This is absolutely not the lowest form of protesting. This will be breaking news all over the country tonight.

Again, I view your immediate response with no nuance to be a large part of the problem. We are never getting anywhere if we don't listen to people that we disagree with.

Yes, I think this specific situation does not warrant this action by the players. However, there are deep societal issues at the core of all of this that do warrant our action and attention. And if boycotting some playoff games helps that in any way...I'm for it. Especially if it leads to real conversations and not the kind of immediate dismissal you showed.

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 05:07 PM
But they're not, man. Nobody sat out two games ago.

What happened is a couple of players got upset and the group think snowballed from there. I don't think the vast majority of players cared about boycotting because of this incident until it became trendy.

I hear what you are saying though.

I don't understand the point about not doing two games ago. Has no relevance whatsoever for my point.

I'm not in the habit of telling people I know what they are thinking. I let them tell me. And the players just told us all that they are willing to risk the consequences to make the point they are. Again, I disagree and think they have been misguided as to the facts on the ground by the media, but that is part of a larger conversation I hope actions like this lead to...and lets be clear...there are real and deep issues in our country concerning the black community that do need to be addressed....and this could absolutely get that conversation going in a peaceful and productive way.

Conversely, we, as fans, are free not to watch as much...not to attend games as much...let the NBA make 50% of what it normally does...and players and the league will be greatly impacted.

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 05:08 PM
Yes, I think this specific situation does not warrant this action by the players. However, there are deep societal issues at the core of all of this that do warrant our action and attention. And if boycotting some playoff games helps that in any way...I'm for it. Especially if it leads to real conversations and not the kind of immediate dismissal you showed.

True, but the prior protests already had everyone's attention on this issue. Also, it does open the door for boycotting for other issues. It's not like police shootings are the only problem in society. And it could open the door for advocates to start pressuring key players to protest whatever.

Or maybe this is just a one time statement. But if all the protests past couple months didn't stop police shooting black people, then I doubt this will do the trick either. So thee will be a next time. And a time after that.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 05:11 PM
Not sure your point as the Rockets/Thunder are likely to boycott and that series it tied 2-2...so I guess I'm not "out of my mind" for thinking that. This is absolutely no the lowest form of protesting. This will be breaking news all over the country tonight.

Again, I view your immediate response with no nuance to be a large part of the problem. We are never getting anywhere if we don't listen to people that we disagree with.

The nba players are literal sheep, they'll follow what the others do. The bucks have set a precedent of being able to boycott games and face zero consequence, meaning no losses added to the W/L column. Other teams see this and immediately follow suit, if that wasn't the case you're high if you think okc or the rockets would have done the same.

I've listened to people I disagree with and they're talking shit. What exactly do they want to change? Shootings and most police shootings, in general, happen due to cultural causes mixed with human nature. So unless you can change the culture of criminals resisting arrest, wrestling with police, or police officers suddenly putting criminals lives above theirs by never using lethal means no matter the situation they're in (good luck). No amount of boycotting, donations to crappy social programs is going to change shit. America is a country with 50 states, over 350 million people and has the most guns in the world, police have a shit ton of interactions a day, an incident like this is simply bound to happen, no matter what.

Also your line of thinking that if someone has strong convictions about something and they act upon in, it's "admirable", well I guess Hitler was the most admirable person to ever walk the earth.

Also, nothing in this world makes my blood boil more in this world when i see black people chant blm and cape for criminals when 100s of innocent black people are killed every week all across America but they never say shit because those deaths are caused by other black people. But criminal fighting the police gets shot, now all of a sudden black lives matter. Foh, no one marginalizes black lives more than black people themselves. Growing up in Nigeria and seeing the stark contrast in black American culture to mine, it's very evident why that is, the self-hatred is real, hence why i said it's a cultural issue.

insight
08-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Dude, that's not the point.

The point is this incident happened before their games two days ago.

Nobody sat out. NOBODY. THEY ALL PLAYED.

And now they're MORE upset? Why? Because one team decided to sit out and caused a chain reaction of group think.

Again, how could someone POSSIBLY look FURTHER into this particular situation and get MORE upset about it later on? What the ****, the more you look into it, the easier to see it is that the guy is a ****ing dumbass doing ****ing dumbass things.

I don't agree with the boycott, but I understand it. These players are in a position to stand behind an issue they believe in and are willing to make personal sacrifice to encourage change. Nobody liked Muhammad Ali when he refused to go to Vietnam, but history rewarded him for standing on his principles and taking a unpopular stand. They are not more upset, they are trying to speak for those who do not have a voice. We do not have government leaders who are able bring the country together in a positive way and this is the bi-product of people filling the void.

KOBEtherealKing
08-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Just cancel the ****in season already. 2020 continues to go to shit.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 05:13 PM
OKC gotta be pissed.

HOU can just boycott as long until Russ is 100% lmao

This society is something else

Shogon
The nba players are literal sheep, they'll follow what the others do.

And this is my point.

None of these guys really care. Not really. Maybe a handful of them, and those guys are misguided anyways. They all played two days ago. Now one team does it and it becomes trendy and it's easy to fall in line.

It's group think.

HylianNightmare
Magic w?

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 05:14 PM
True, but the prior protests already had everyone's attention on this issue. Also, it does open the door for boycotting for other issues. It's not like police shootings are the only problem in society. And it could open the door for advocates to start pressuring key players to protest whatever.

Or maybe this is just a one time statement. But if all the protests past couple months didn't stop police shooting black people, then I doubt this will do the trick either. So thee will be a next time. And a time after that.

People are free to boycott and protest whenever the want...they just better understand the consequences first. I would imagine the players will come together and form a plan. It is up to them...they don't have to play if they don't want to.

They'll lose out on millions of dollars and playing the game they love...but if it is worth that to them...who the hell is anyone on the outside to tell them what to do. That is the beauty of living in the kind of country we do.

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 05:17 PM
The nba players are literal sheep, they'll follow what the others do. The bucks have set a precedent of being able to boycott games and face zero consequence, meaning no losses added to the W/L column. Other teams see this and immediately follow suit, if that wasn't the case you're high if you think okc or the rockets would have done the same.

I've listened to people I disagree with and they're talking shit. What exactly do they want to change? Shootings and most police shootings, in general, happen due to cultural causes mixed with human nature. So unless you can change the culture of criminals resisting arrest, wrestling with police, or police officers suddenly putting criminals lives above theirs by never using lethal means no matter the situation they're in (good luck). No amount of boycotting, donations to crappy social programs is going to change shit. America is a country with 50 states, over 350 million people and has the most guns in the world, police have a shit ton of interactions a day, an incident like this is simply bound to happen, no matter what.

Also your line of thinking that if someone has strong convictions about something and they act upon in, it's "admirable", well I guess Hitler was the most admirable person to ever walk the earth.

Also, nothing in this world makes my blood boil more in this world when i see black people chant blm and cape for criminals when 100s of innocent black people are killed every week all across America but they never say shit because those deaths are caused by other black people. But criminal fighting the police gets shot, now all of a sudden black lives matter. Foh, no one marginalizes black lives more than black people themselves. Growing up in Nigeria and seeing the stark contrast in black American culture to mine, it's very evident why that is, the self-hatred is real, hence why i said it's a cultural issue.

I won't even dignify your post with a real response given the bold. You are either an idiot or so biased there is no point in conversing.

Carry on thinking you are making good points comparing NBA players potentially costing themselves millions of dollars in a peaceful way to what Hitler did.

Damn, and you have the audacity to talk down to people with flawed logic like that...:facepalm

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 05:17 PM
People are free to boycott and protest whenever the want...they just better understand the consequences first. I would imagine the players will come together and form a plan. It is up to them...they don't have to play if they don't want to.

They'll lose out on millions of dollars and playing the game they love...but if it is worth that to them...who the hell is anyone on the outside to tell them what to do. That is the beauty of living in the kind of country we do.

That's true. And it would be a major statement. But then say when next season starts up and is going well for 20 games or so and there is another black men dead at police hands, do they just boycott 2021?

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:19 PM

Probably.

Altho the evidence suggests it wont be a good one, whatever it is.

Whoah10115
We gave your dumbass the facts, if you cant process them, youll be met with ridicule, sweetheart.

Sounds like you don't like cupcakes. I love cupcakes.

Here's a fact: 4 + 9 = 13.

What does it have to do with anything?

Kinda like your response. I just asked you for a cupcake date.

DMAVS41
That's true. And it would be a major statement. But then say when next season starts up and is going well for 20 games or so and there is another black men dead at police hands, do they just boycott 2021?

I would advise against it, but again, they can do whatever they want...and they might ruin the league and destroy their earning potential in the process. Up to them.

Rudeboy3
I won't even dignify your post with a real response given the bold. You are either an idiot or so biased there is no point in conversing.

Carry on thinking you are making good points comparing NBA players potentially costing themselves millions of dollars in a peaceful way to what Hitler did.

Damn, and you have the audacity to talk down to people with flawed logic like that...:facepalm

I wrote all of that and that's all you have to harp on? You never had a response in the first place you ****ing clown, miss me with faux intellectual high ground you think you're standing on. Standing up for what you believe isn't inherently respectable or a good thing, that's my point, now address the other things i stated you fool.

tpols
08-26-2020, 05:21 PM

They are free to make any decision they want and we are free to shit on them for doing something pointless. How the hell does postponing games solve ghetto and police culture? It literally does nothing.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:22 PM

This.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:22 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but you don't know exactly what these guys think. You're clouding your desire for basketball and not even noticing you're acting like a slave master and the players are your puppet.

I'm sick of people rationalizing that "thuggish" black people should be shot 7 times in the back. Consistently the message has been about police reform. Everyone is people. If you were talented enough in anything, you'd get paid millions of dollars too... Doesn't mean you can't feel and show empathy.

I've said this before, I question the race demographic of ISH. I'm willing to bet its predominantly asian(Asian and Indian) with white and sprinkled in Black. Not all minorities are treated equal.

insight
08-26-2020, 05:23 PM

I've listened to people I disagree with and they're talking shit. What exactly do they want to change? Shootings and most police shootings, in general, happen due to cultural causes mixed with human nature. So unless you can change the culture of criminals resisting arrest, wrestling with police, or police officers suddenly putting criminals lives above theirs by never using lethal means no matter the situation they're in (good luck). No amount of boycotting, dcriizingonations to crappy social programs is going to change shit. America is a country with 50 states, over 350 million people and has the most guns in the world, police have a shit ton of interactions a day, an incident like this is simply bound to happen, no matter what.

If you don't like it, don't watch the NBA. Go support water polo, rugby, Lacrosse or some sport that meets your social narrative. Stop whining and complaining and find a sport with players you can watch without constantly criticizing and demeaning.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:24 PM
They are free to make any decision they want and we are free to shit on them for doing something pointless. How the hell does postponing games solve ghetto and police culture? It literally does nothing.

It HURTS the pockets of EXTREMELY wealthy people/entities that lobby to the government every two years (or sometimes less).

This is probably the STRONGEST form of protesting in a laissez-faire, capitalistic society.

Mask the Embiid
OKC gotta be pissed.

HOU can just boycott as long until Russ is 100% lmao

This society is something else

You really dont get it you p.o.s.You narcissistic scumbag....What dont you get that the players are serious and want change.This isnt about getting games for rus....why am i even responding to you...

tpols
You're entitled to your opinion but you don't know exactly what these guys think. You're clouding your desire for basketball and not even noticing you're acting like a slave master and the players are your puppet.

I'm sick of people rationalizing that "thuggish" black people should be shot 7 times in the back. Consistently the message has been about police reform. Everyone is people. If you were talented enough in anything, you'd get paid millions of dollars too... Doesn't mean you can't feel and show empathy.

I've said this before, I question the race demographic of ISH. I'm willing to bet its predominantly asian(Asian and Indian) with white and sprinkled in Black. Not all minorities are treated equal.

Asian and indians dont have the type of ghetto culture or horrible neighborhoods. In fact its the opposite. They are some of the most upstanding, law abiding, and high earning demographics in the country. Look within mate.

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:25 PM

Broad, empty cliches, a reference to slavery, and assumptions about “ISH race demographics.”

Super low IQ post that you probably thought was “totes woke” when you clicked submit :roll:

DMAVS41
I wrote all of that and that's all you have to harp on? You never had a response in the first place you ****ing clown, miss me with faux intellectual high ground you think you're standing on. Standing up for what you believe isn't inherently respectable or a good thing, that's my point, now address the other things i stated you fool.

I've already addressed them.

I think the players have been misinformed by the media and don't have all the facts specific to police shootings. However, I think there are real and deep issues our society needs to reckon with when it comes to the black community and how disadvantaged they have been throughout American history.

So I can look beyond the specific reason they are boycotting tonight and understand where their disposition comes from...listen...and hopefully have a conversation as a society that incorporates the actual facts while addressing these core issues.

The players are free to do whatever they want...there are just always consequences.

ArbitraryWater

You‘re so extremely misled.

This shit has nothing to do with race.

White men armed and unarmed get killed more by police than blacks in less interactions with them.

34-24 Footwork
The outrage and butthurt on this forum is great :lol:lol:banana::banana:

I admit that the fans are the collateral damage.

But as soon as basketball comes back, you all will act right, too.

Rudeboy3
If you don't like it, don't watch the NBA. Go support water polo, rugby, Lacrosse or some sport that meets your social narrative. Stop whining and complaining and find a sport with players you can watch without constantly criticizing and demeaning them.

Stfu, if players are going to dive into politics, prepare to get criticize like everyone who engages in politics that's in the public eye. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too and besides, I don't even watch games. I check the boxscore from time to time.

tpols
08-26-2020, 05:26 PM
It HURTS the pockets of EXTREMELY wealthy people/entities that lobby to the government every two years (or sometimes less).

This is probably the STRONGEST form of protesting in a laissez-faire, capitalistic society.

There already rich enough for 100 luxurious lifetimes. And have tremendous assets outside basketball. Who it really hurts is the players because without ball, a lot of these guys would have nothing.

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 05:26 PM

Absolutely.

Quit watching. Don't be part of the fandom for a league that pays people millions of dollars that have something so wrong in your opinion.

We are all free to make these choices. Not sure what the problem is.

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 05:29 PM
The outrage and butthurt on this forum is great :lol:lol:banana::banana:

I admit that the fans are the collateral damage.

But as soon as basketball comes back, you all will act right, too.

Yeesh so much for class solidarity

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:30 PM
You‘re so extremely misled.

This shit has nothing to do with race.

White men armed and unarmed get killed more by police than blacks in less interactions with them.

It is about race, fear and destroying progress. You want to mention white men getting killed yet I don't see the protests for that. Surely people care as much as you do about white unarmed men getting killed. I'm definitely not misled.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 05:33 PM
It is about race, fear and destroying progress. You want to mention white men getting killed yet I don't see the protests for that. Surely people care as much as you do about white unarmed men getting killed. I'm definitely not misled.

What?

No.

Those incidents dont make national coverage.

They‘re not picked up.

The truth is in a million interactions with the most armed nation in the world, 0.0001% of them are bound to go south, especially when people resist.

Now we habe emotional manchilds, virtue signalers, group thinkers and sheep that don‘t understand that or even realize it, and we have the rational calmer folks that do.

In fact, you habe zero clue about just how violent blacks are to whites, disproportionately.

Blacks dominate the interracial violence and rape stats.

But lets support their poor pure disadvantaged souls.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Broad, empty cliches, a reference to slavery, and assumptions about “ISH race demographics.”

Super low IQ post that you probably thought was “totes woke” when you clicked submit :roll:

This is a basketball forum. If you want to informed on things you don't know about, you can look online. But I'm kind of tired of seeing non white or black people talk tote the company line. Asian and Indian do that a lot. Hispanics can be just as guilty. The fact you brought it up means I'm most likely right.

I've seen how ISH talks. There's homo erotic undertones for predominantly black players. There's rape jokes. There's jokes about demeaning every thing about them. There are black trolls but just from how people write on this forum, I can tell who's asian, hispanic, white, indian.... I'm fully versed in this discussion, take it offline professionally if you feel some type of way.

insight
08-26-2020, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=DMAVS41;14091170]I've already addressed them.

I think the players have been misinformed by the media and don't have all the facts specific to police shootings. However, I think there are real and deep issues our society needs to reckon with when it comes to the black community and how disadvantaged they have been throughout American history.

So I can look beyond the specific reason they are boycotting tonight and understand where their disposition comes from...listen...and hopefully have a conversation as a society that incorporates the actual facts while addressing these core issues.

The facts of the most recent incident are a man attempts to flee and jumps into his car, a police officers follows him and then proceeds to pump 7 rounds into his back. We can all watch in all video, what is so mysterious about that?

Mask the Embiid
08-26-2020, 05:36 PM
Fu*k these spoilt crybaby assholes. I won't be purchasing league pass ever again or contributing anything to these racist morons.

Crying cause a cop shot a criminal? Get fu*ked.

Oh NO!What are they gonna do without cashew's yearly $40.How will the league ever manage to survive?

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:37 PM

What?

No.

Those incidents dont make national coverage.

They‘re not picked up.

The truth is in a million interactions with the most armed nation in the world, 0.0001% of them are bound to go south, especially when people resist.

Now we habe emotional manchilds, virtue signalers, group thinkers and sheep that don‘t understand that or even realize it, and we have the rational calmer folks that do.

In fact, you habe zero clue about just how violent blacks are to whites, disproportionately.

Blacks dominate the interracial violence and rape stats.

But lets support their poor pure disadvantaged souls.

I know more white people that can live in a "bad" about to be gentrified area than blacks. Those white people are in much less danger in those areas than blacks. You are just as clueless as me man. You calling the pot kettle black. Every loves black culture and wants to abandon all the systemic issues within it.

Axe
08-26-2020, 05:37 PM
There's really no hope. Too much disruption already happened this year.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:39 PM
There already rich enough for 100 luxurious lifetimes. And have tremendous assets outside basketball. Who it really hurts is the players because without ball, a lot of these guys would have nothing.

That's not how wealthy people operate, my friend. Multinational companies lobbied for the 'restart' pf the economy as, well even though they're sitting on billions in profits. There's making money...and then there's keeping it...and then there's entrenching the systems and structures to make sure it's steady. Capitalism and exploitation are all about stability and the exploitation of labor. Without laborers, nothing is stable for them. They have NO product to sell.

It's also about the stocks that they have their money invested in and the IMPACT this could have if it's sustained.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 05:40 PM
I know more white people that can live in a "bad" about to be gentrified area than blacks. Those white people are in much less danger in those areas than blacks. You are just as clueless as me man. You calling the pot kettle black. Every loves black culture and wants to abandon all the systemic issues within it.

Congrats, you said nothing in this post.

Nothing in this post has to do with the validity/belief behind BLM and the Protests against „Racial Injustice“.

You‘re already semi backtracking.

You‘re either:
1) virtue signaling
2) group thinking

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:41 PM
This is a basketball forum. If you want to informed on things you don't know about, you can look online. But I'm kind of tired of seeing non white or black people talk tote the company line. Asian and Indian do that a lot. Hispanics can be just as guilty. The fact you brought it up means I'm most likely right.

I've seen how ISH talks. There's homo erotic undertones for predominantly black players. There's rape jokes. There's jokes about demeaning every thing about them. There are black trolls but just from how people write on this forum, I can tell who's asian, hispanic, white, indian.... I'm fully versed in this discussion, take it offline professionally if you feel some type of way.

Holy shit.

You just reached a low IQ depth most scientists didnt think possible.

Youre a pioneer :biggums:

fsvr54
08-26-2020, 05:42 PM

:applause::applause:

ralph_i_el
08-26-2020, 05:43 PM
One game's worth of gamechecks for 4 teams of players is probably ~$12m. Start some sort of free legal representation for tenants in Kenosha with that money. I don't see how sitting out helps anyone, unless the plan is to encourage mass strikes.

tpols
08-26-2020, 05:44 PM
That's not how wealthy people operate, my friend. Multinational companies lobbied for the 'restart' pf the economy as, well even though they're sitting on billions in profits. There's making money...and then there's keeping it...and then there's entrenching the systems and structures to make sure it's steady. Capitalism and exploitation are all about stability and the exploitation of labor. Without laborers, nothing is stable for them. They have NO product to sell.

It's also about the stocks that they have their money invested in and the IMPACT this could have if it's sustained.

That's... exactly how wealthy people operate. Most owners... shit probably every last one of them didnt make their fortune in basketball. They made it in a million different ways outside basketball, and became so rich that buying a team was just a little side project because they had so much money. The players? Most have absolutely jack shit nothing outside basketball. They wouldn't be able to earn 1/1000th of what they do now without it.

Gray GOAT
08-26-2020, 05:45 PM
I find these players to be hilarious. Two days ago, you know, when this was all fresh and hot, I didn't hear a single one of them. The bubble was nothing but Kumbaya. Now, two days later, not only when they had a few hours to think about the situation, but also after certain not so nice facts about the ''victim'' came to the air, they are of the opinion is the right time to strike? No credibility whatsoever.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Holy shit.

You just reached a low IQ depth most scientists didnt think possible.

Youre a pioneer :biggums:

Thanks for proving my point. It's hard to play stupid when you're actually stupid than being smart and acting stupid.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:49 PM
The players have been pretty consistent with their BLM and Police Reform messaging. If you've been watching press conferences, they've been touching on Breonna Taylor, and others. Even wearing gear honoring them.

dn41
Fu*k these spoilt crybaby assholes. I won't be purchasing league pass ever again or contributing anything to these racist morons.

Crying cause a cop shot a criminal? Get fu*ked.

:violin:

Soundwave
I find these players to be hilarious. Two days ago, you know, when this was all fresh and hot, I didn't hear a single one of them. The bubble was nothing but Kumbaya. Now, two days later, not only when they had a few hours to think about the situation, but also after certain not so nice facts about the ''victim'' came to the air, they are of the opinion is the right time to strike? No credibility whatsoever.

Uh the Raptors were considering boycotting two days ago.

RRR3
Stop calling a racist a racist? :lol

Sorry you don’t like the truth, slugger.

fsvr54
08-26-2020, 05:54 PM
You KNOW there's players and coaches who aren't on board with this garbage. Someone like Meyers Leonard or Isaac needs to step the **** up and speak out. You know Luka, Kawhi and Jokic dont give a **** about this.

JohnnySic
08-26-2020, 05:57 PM
LOL. These people are living in a bubble in more ways than one. As if the NBA hasn't lost enough fans already. Lets pound some more nails in the coffin.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 05:59 PM
You KNOW there's players and coaches who aren't on board with this garbage. Someone like Meyers Leonard or Isaac needs to step the **** up and speak out. You know Luka, Kawhi and Jokic dont give a **** about this.

There‘s no way Kawhi, Luka or Porzingis give a fck about this.

Jokic would never though lol. In fact all of those guys wouldnt. They‘d risk too much and are mellow to begin with.

I don‘t see any athlete vehemently enough to reject it, since that would require strong research due to how much it contradicts media POV, which they don‘t have time for or could bother with, since their lives are actually great.

So its easy to accept the media snippets and sit on their moral throne, believing they‘re doing something good, and/or just follow suit.

JohnnySic
08-26-2020, 06:00 PM
Pro athletes need to stay in their lane. I dont give 2 shits about their political views.

ArbitraryWater
LOL. These people are living in a bubble in more ways than one. As if the NBA hasn't lost enough fans already. Lets pound some more nails in the coffin.

Hahahaha

Thats good

FourthTenor

The funny thing is, the guys who probably care the least about boycotting, are also probably the ones most qualified for work elsewhere :lol

The ones throwing their own league in the trash are the ones with nowhere else to go :facepalm

tpols
08-26-2020, 06:01 PM

After being called a "bitch ass white boy" and hurled racial epitaphs at all game long I really doubt Luka cares as well. The hypocrisy to do that while brandishing equality mottos everywhere is so mindblowing it's hard to digest. It's astoundingly low IQ. Almost unbelieveable. But most of the world sees this culture for what it is... Everybody knows it, but you're not allowed to say it. And of course if you're a black player you have to succumb to the group think or be labeled a coon and blackballed from the league.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:01 PM
ost have absolutely jack shit nothing outside basketball. They wouldn't be able to earn 1/1000th of what they do now without it.

And this is what makes it brave af. Risks have to be taken. But some people (like you presumably) have ALWAYS been against ANY forms of protests that inconvenient their life in the slightest means.

And trust me, pockets WILL be hurt by this...ESPECIALLY if it's sustained. The Telecommunications companies that the very least take a hit

Patrick Chewing
08-26-2020, 06:02 PM
R.i.p. Nba

Nashty
08-26-2020, 06:02 PM

If they try that, the league and the media will call them out as racist. Like we see some morons calling out people as racists in this thread.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:03 PM
There‘s no way Kawhi, Luka or Porzingis give a fck about this.

Considering that they all have black friends and coworkers, I'm sure they care alot more than you think. This isn't a black and white issue...don't simplify.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Considering that they all have black friends and coworkers, I'm sure they care alot more than you think. This isn't a black and white issue...don't simplify.

Luka and Porzingis didn‘t post a single thing on IG when everyone and their grandmother posted that blackoutthursday pic on Instagram.

The moment they get to the bubble they‘re fed those BLM sweaters to wear lol.

Kawhi didnt say a thing about this after game 5 either.

They don‘t care.

Just like Kobe didnt.

Kobe spoke out against this selective outrage.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:08 PM

black friends? those dudes **** off back to their countries the second the seasons over and hang around their white European friends. the only person that might care is porzingis cause i know he likes black ***** from back in his NYC days

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:10 PM
Luka and Porzingis didn‘t post a single thing on IG when everyone and their grandmother posted that blackoutthursday pic on Instagram.

The moment they get to the bubble they‘re fed those BLM sweaters to wear lol.

Kawhi didnt say a thing about this after game 5 either.

They don‘t care.

Just like Kobe didnt.

Kobe spoke out against this selective outrage.

kobe spoke out and was bombarded by the wokes, he wanted to be left alone, bowed down to them then realized that being woke might be good for business in LA so he dabbled in it but not to the point it was obnoxious but you knew he really dnt give af. He had it right, just because someone is black doesn't mean you have to defend them in everything. This case proves it, they're literally boycotting because a sex offender, woman abusing pedophile got shot while resisting arrest? Clowns

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:12 PM
black friends? those dudes **** off back to their countries the second the seasons over and hang around their white European friends. the only person that might care is porzingis cause i know he likes black ***** from back in his NYC days

Lmao. LOTS of black people play overseas basketball in all countries of Europe, buddy. That shouldn't be breaking news, but whatever. Lol.

And yes, I'm pretty sure Luka, Jokic, and KP ALL have teammates that they love and appreciate. It's how comradery works.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:13 PM
kobe spoke out and was bombarded by the wokes, he wanted to be left alone, bowed down to them then realized that being woke might be good for business in LA so he dabbled in it but not to the point it was obnoxious but you knew he really dnt give af. He had it right, just because someone is black doesn't mean you have to defend them in everything. This case proves it, they're literally boycotting because a sex offender, woman abusing pedophile got shot while resisting arrest? Clowns

Yeah, Kobe definitely didn‘t give af.

Rudeboy3
Lmao. LOTS of black people play overseas basketball in all countries of Europe, buddy. That shouldn't be breaking news, but whatever. Lol.

And yes, I'm pretty sure Luka, Jokic, and KP ALL have teammates that they love and appreciate. It's how comradery works.

just cause they play overseas doesn't mean they're friends with them and if they're friends if them doesn't mean they agree or care about their politics. literally two different things

34-24 Footwork
Yeah, Kobe definitely didn‘t give af.

It proves that Black people aren't monolithic. I don't get your point.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:14 PM
just cause they play overseas doesn't mean they're friends with them and if they're friends if them doesn't mean they agree or care about their politics. literally two different things

I see you're pretty set in how you think, so we're going in circles.

lilteapot
08-26-2020, 06:16 PM
I know Adam Silver gotta be tight rn lol

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 06:18 PM
On the plus side, at least I don't have to see those social justice message jerseys tonight.

JohnnySic
08-26-2020, 06:19 PM
Truthfully, the BLM crowd should realize that the constant grandstanding is losing its effectiveness. That's stuff might work in small doses. After literally months of this garbage, many people who may have even initially supported it are getting sick of it.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:21 PM
I see you're pretty set in how you think, so we're going in circles.

i'm set into how i think, i just know things for a fact. I follow both those bois and i know rumors about prozingis from nyc, nothing I've heard or seen, tells me those two are out here screaming BLM, except for when they're in the bubble and given gear to wear for pr purposes. They don't give af

STATUTORY
08-26-2020, 06:21 PM

it would broke Kobe to see this ongoing dissolution of the NBA that's currently happening. league wont recover from this tbh

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:23 PM
I know Adam Silver gotta be tight rn lol

**** him, he helped foster this kind fo an environment. You're in charger of the nba, you don't let the players take over and if they do, fine the **** out of them, backlash be damned. If he isn't going to do anything, the nba and he deserves what ever they get.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:25 PM
It proves that Black people aren't monolithic. I don't get your point.

No one ever said so.

It just weakens credibility when people from the own race don‘t buy the apparent systematic racism/disadvantaged rhetoric, and a very smart one at that.

Kobe made great counter arguments.

jbryan1984
08-26-2020, 06:25 PM
I in no way agree that this man, the baby a few weeks ago or George Floyd deserved any of what they got. But, to punish your fans over this? The fans are the only people you are hurting here. A true racist cop is not going to give a damn about the NBA. The bottom line is this is their job, if a normal person tried to do this, they would be fired. Keep it seperated. You know, do something in the community. Not this.

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:26 PM
**** him, he helped foster this kind fo an environment. You're in charger of the nba, you don't let the players take over and if they do, fine the **** out of them, backlash be damned. If he isn't going to do anything, the nba and he deserves what ever they get.

Basically.

Reap what you sow, Silver.

Stephonit
08-26-2020, 06:26 PM
The NBA is a money printing press for hundreds of blacks that get set for life as millionaires and here they are threatening the golden goose that lays the golden eggs. This is stupidity.
They are sabotaging their own cause. What's an uninvolved person looking from the outside supposed to believe? One legitimate conclusion would be "I don't want people like this leading the country".

coin24
08-26-2020, 06:39 PM
I in no way agree that this man, the baby a few weeks ago or George Floyd deserved any of what they got. But, to punish your fans over this? The fans are the only people you are hurting here. A true racist cop is not going to give a damn about the NBA. The bottom line is this is their job, if a normal person tried to do this, they would be fired. Keep it seperated. You know, do something in the community. Not this.

Come on, they're going to end racism by not playing bball:lol

JohnnySic
08-26-2020, 06:53 PM
NBA:

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/08/fml.gif

insight
08-26-2020, 06:57 PM
The NBA is a money printing press for hundreds of blacks that get set for life as millionaires and here they are threatening the golden goose that lays the golden eggs. This is stupidity.
They are sabotaging their own cause. What's an uninvolved person looking from the outside supposed to believe? One legitimate conclusion would be "I don't want people like this leading the country".

What are you talking about, they are not running the country. There is no national leadership which is why the country is in disarray. Instead of addressing the issues when players were kneeling in protest politicians made it a divisive issue claiming players were disrespecting the flag now all hell is breaking loose.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 09:59 PM
People bringing Luka, Jokic, and Kobe in this make no sense. Two men born in Europe that haven't seen American Racism nearly as much as players like CP3, Melo, Bron, Harrell, etc that have seen it first hand.

Kobe was raised privileged. He's not going to care nearly as much.

This is exhausting to talk about because at the end of the day, a lot of people here feel they are entitled to watch these guys play basketball. Unless you paid season tickets, they don't owe any of us shit... I agree they need to have a plan after this.

999Guy
08-26-2020, 10:08 PM
What the players are doing is genius and interesting.

Using the owners greed as leverage. This will probably get wrapped up.

I’m sure all the owners have relationships with lobbyists and congress but a lot of their entire net worth is tied into the teams.

A guy like Tilman Fertitta would sell his kids to the Democratic Party if the NBA wanted him too. He bought the Rockets with debt.

This will get resolved relatively fast IMO.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 10:49 PM
What the players are doing is genius and interesting.

Using the owners greed as leverage. This will probably get wrapped up.

I’m sure all the owners have relationships with lobbyists and congress but a lot of their entire net worth is tied into the teams.

A guy like Tilman Fertitta would sell his kids to the Democratic Party if the NBA wanted him too. He bought the Rockets with debt.

This will get resolved relatively fast IMO.

This.

nayte
08-27-2020, 12:08 AM
Dmavs with the most understanding posts in this thread .

hold this L
08-27-2020, 12:11 AM
Silver continuing to get bullied from school all the way to being the President of the NBA.

Nashty
08-27-2020, 12:29 AM
https://ed0b6da2f7098e5bcdef-5037f8c88581ef313dfe0993a5ef4070.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/sumter-167719.mp4

White lives matter!

AlternativeAcc.
08-27-2020, 02:30 AM

Shut it down

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Stop calling a racist a racist? :lol

Sorry you don’t like the truth, slugger.

I didn't want Biden running for anything. Especially not 4 years later. But contrary to some opinion, Biden does not = Trump. So in context, no.

Shogon
08-27-2020, 09:07 AM
https://youtu.be/zQYqLs5Vrxs?t=93

fourkicks44
08-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Bucks ownership has to take command here. It's their state that f"cked up. Get the Mayor, Senator whoever the hell on the phone and sort this shit out.

If they take some action, this shit may get sorted.

OKC Adonis
08-27-2020, 09:36 AM
This never happens to white people am I right? I mean Daniel Shaver was pulled out of his hotel room because someone thought he had a gun. (It was a pellet gun)

Dude was drunk AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 09:50 AM
Not sure where people get this whole "It doesn't happen to only you" thing from.

Trying too hard and not hard enough.

PP34Deuce
08-27-2020, 09:53 AM
Like I said, I can tell ISH is largely full of Asian and Indian population with a few sprinkled white(european) in there and a handful of black people. A lot of stuff I see in this forum, even conservative black people wouldn't be saying.

Oh well, ISH Is loving this. More advertising to capitalize on revenue dollars. This topic is exhausting and this is not the right forum to have conversation. I'm back to basketball.

Nashty
08-27-2020, 03:04 PM
Why is it that the population of the country is 77% white and 13% black, but black people commit 53% of the murders compared to 44% that white people commit? And why is it that out of all people killed by cops 52% of them are white and 25% are black? Why is it that last year 9 black unarmed people were killed by the police compared to 19 unarmed white people?