highwhey
08-26-2020, 04:59 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o7btNRTJ700Vzmn5e/giphy.gif

RealSkipBayless
08-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Cringe.

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 05:01 PM
So some maniac cop shoots some lowlife. Why punish the rest of us?

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:02 PM
:dancin

#AllGamesMatter :crazysam:

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 05:03 PM
They want to rot in that hotel for longer then required, that's their problem. Not a big deal if its just a 1-2 delay.

highwhey
08-26-2020, 05:04 PM
They want to rot in that hotel for longer then required, that's their problem. Not a big deal if its just a 1-2 delay.

apparently there's talk about going home amongst the players

Shogon
08-26-2020, 05:05 PM

**** it, I hope they do it.

Their future new contracts are ****ed for multiple reasons anyways. That money is going DOWN.

HoopsNY
08-26-2020, 05:06 PM

Because it's the same story over and over again, with no systemic changes to punish police for this kind of behavior. Given that they were trying to arrest him (if that is indeed the case), why pump 8 bullets in his back with his kids sitting in the car?

Mask the Embiid
08-26-2020, 05:08 PM

we feel the same way.Some black guy stole the cops gf years ago or beat his ass in highschool....why punish the rest of us when u get a little bit of power as a police officer.

I applaude the players for standng up for something bigger than basketball.We should all stop going to work as a people (blacks and are supporters) and lets see how the country goes without us for a week.

We tried peaceful protest for a century and they didnt work.****** is still getting gunned down unarmed by the police with nothing happening to the cops involved.****** are still getting killed walking home from the store by fat Cubans (or whatever that p.o.s zimmerman is) and they get off clean.Lets boycott working like the montgomery bus boycott

Manny98
08-26-2020, 05:09 PM
For f*ck sake :facepalm

Shogon
08-26-2020, 05:09 PM
we feel the same way.Some black guy stole the cops gf years ago or beat his ass in highschool....why punish the rest of us when u get a little bit of power as a police officer.

I applaude the players for standng up for something bigger than basketball.We should all stop going to work as a people (blacks and are supporters) and lets see how the country goes without us for a week.

We tried peaceful protest for a century and they didnt work.Lets boycott working like the montgomery bus boycott

Yeah, please don't go to work. See how that works out for you, lol.

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:10 PM

:hammertime:

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 05:10 PM

We tried peaceful protest for a century and they didnt work.Lets boycott working like the montgomery bus boycott

This is what low IQ looks like

Hey Yo
08-26-2020, 05:15 PM
So dumb

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:15 PM
Kyrie, Avery, and Dwight were right all along. Sports is a HUGE distraction from what's happening. Let's be honest. People (of many walks of life) have been protesting for MONTHS straight in the midst of a pandemic. Add that to the fact that we have a president that's trying to get people to go back to work and die with no benefits on the behalf of corporations...along with OPENING UP SCHOOLS for kids to contract COVID and spread it in their communities, as well.

...All while trying to shut down the USPS and stifle voting.

Basketball should be the LEAST of our worries.

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Kyrie, Avery, and Dwight were right all along. Sports is a HUGE distraction from what's happening. Let's be honest. People (of many walks of life) have been protesting for MONTHS straight in the midst of a pandemic. Add that to the fact that we have a president that's trying to get people to go back to work and die with no benefits on the behalf of corporations...along with OPENING UP SCHOOLS for kids to contract COVID and spread it in their communities, as well.

Extremely strong post content to avatar harmony.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Extremely strong post content to avatar harmony.

That's REALLY me in the avi, though.

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:19 PM
That's REALLY me in the avi, though.

I understand that.

But Im not entirely sure that you do.

coin24
08-26-2020, 05:22 PM
What the fu*k:facepalm

The Iron Fist
08-26-2020, 05:25 PM
Good. The only people upset at this are those who have no direct ties to Black people and only see them as entertainment.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 05:25 PM
This is going to end up being the 2019-2020-2021 season

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:31 PM
good. The only people upset at this are those who have no direct ties to black people and only see them as entertainment.

100000% this.

~primetime~
08-26-2020, 05:33 PM
There needs to be a clear goal set...they need to know what they are going for.

Police reform?...okay lets do it

a perfect utopian society?

Because there will ALWAYS be bad cops out there...just like there will always be bad doctors, pedofile priests, greedy businessmen, etc etc....there will never be a point in time where 100% of the police force is perfect/flawless/not racist/etc

there just needs to be a goal in sight...an end game to this

Axe
08-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Too much bigotry and racism is happening nowadays.

Only proves this year is really a total disaster.

FourthTenor
08-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Too much bigotry and racism is happening nowadays.

Only proves this year is really a total disaster.

Exactly.

2016 was a lot like this.

Then Trump ushered in an unprecedented three year harmony of economic growth and interfaith relations (no terror attacks).

We need to elect Trump again to end this madness.

Biden will just make it worse.

tpols
08-26-2020, 05:40 PM

Because there will ALWAYS be bad cops out there...just like there will always be bad doctors, pedofile priests, greedy businessmen, etc etc....there will never be a point in time where 100% of the police force is perfect/flawless/not racist/etc

They need to look within at their own culture. Making martyr's out of violent criminals and sex offenders who are resisting arrest. No other ethnicity would cop for their brethren given that context.

PP34Deuce
08-26-2020, 05:46 PM
Police Unions don't have to make changes. They are just as corrupt and have political power. It's a tough battle. Most people don't even know who the head police union chiefs are. The system is like a gang. The good cops can't say anything with the crooked cops watching. THe movie training day basically describes how powerful a union is.

The messed up thing is the idea of a union is great but just like with capitalism, it takes one 1-2 people to corrupt a system and make it worse for others.

fsvr54
08-26-2020, 05:51 PM
Good. The only people upset at this are those who have no direct ties to Black people and only see them as entertainment.

You have no clue how wrong you are.

Plenty of black people I know and love see through this bullshit.

Wally450
08-26-2020, 05:52 PM
Video games on the menu for tonight boys.

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 05:53 PM

Luka is pretty entertaining to watch.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:56 PM

Why is it up to the players to have a COMPLETE, coherent, agenda? They aren't politicians. The next step is for legislators, lobbyists (the good ones), to push forward. EVERYONE doesn't have the same educational background to project good policy. But these guys have the privilege to make tough decisions and absorb the financial impact.

Everyone can't do everything...if that makes sense.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 05:58 PM

This.

Who plays 2k on here? And what system?

Nashty
08-26-2020, 06:00 PM
Anyone who supports this boycott is a racist and hypocrite.

oldtimer28
08-26-2020, 06:01 PM
100000% this.
Not at all.

It is dumb and attention seeking at a personal level which will hurt the cause overall.

If players were serious, they would uphold their commitments and use their time, fame, and money for the cause.

~primetime~
08-26-2020, 06:01 PM
Why is it up to the players to have a COMPLETE, coherent, agenda? They aren't politicians. The next step is for legislators, lobbyists (the good ones), to push forward. EVERYONE doesn't have the same educational background to project good policy. But these guys have the privilege to make tough decisions and absorb the financial impact.

Everyone can't do everything...if that makes sense.

the 'movement' needs a clear coherent agenda, or this will go on for an eternity...because like I said there will never be a point in time where 100% of the police force is flawless...that day will NEVER happen. Humans are flawed...in EVERY profession. Hell there will never be a time when 100% of NBA players are flawless and crime free.

So if the agenda is police reform, or a system in place to monitor police...then that needs to be CLEAR in everyone's head, so that when it happens all this shit is over with

oldtimer28
08-26-2020, 06:03 PM

Precisely.

Everyone pins this on President Trump but it happened with President Obama too.

It's a huge problem but celebrities being manipulated and manipulating others will hurt all.

RealSkipBayless
08-26-2020, 06:05 PM
Ayo we hitting up that Fall Guys some more? :cheers:

Gohan
08-26-2020, 06:05 PM

Nah he’s right, you don’t understand how we feel. I joke a lot about it but that’s just to keep me from crying

Gray GOAT
08-26-2020, 06:06 PM

Play me on Fall Guys. We 'bout to get some crowns.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:06 PM
the 'movement' needs a clear coherent agenda, or this will go on for an eternity...because like I said there will never be a point in time where 100% of the police force is flawless...that day will NEVER happen. Humans are flawed...in EVERY profession. Hell there will never be a time when 100% of NBA players are flawless and crime free.

So if the agenda is police reform, or a system in place to monitor police...then that needs to be CLEAR in everyone's head, so that when it happens all this shit is over with

Lmao. This isn't about the NBA. This is much bigger than that. It's a WILDCAT strike...the sexist form of striking there is. And it hurts because no one was able to brace for impact, economically EXCEPT for the laborers.

Kblaze8855
08-26-2020, 06:07 PM
The Brewers and reds are refusing to play as well. NFL is lucky they aren’t in season.

fsvr54
08-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Nah he’s right, you don’t understand how we feel. I joke a lot about it but that’s just to keep me from crying

You're probably not even black, dude. Being black isn't a monolith. There are all kinds just like EVERY other race.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:09 PM
the 'movement' needs a clear coherent agenda, or this will go on for an eternity...

Lol. So your position is to just 'deal with it', I see.

I lived in Australia for 4 years. And as racist as it is over there, cops aren't casually unloading rounds into civilians on a daily basis. It's probably hard for you to imagine a world where cops aren't publicly executing civilians on the daily...but it exists.

34-24 Footwork
08-26-2020, 06:09 PM
You're probably not even black, dude. Being black isn't a monolith. There are all kinds just like EVERY other race.

This. The biggest misconception about black people is that we march to the same drum.

Gohan
08-26-2020, 06:10 PM

Oh I’m black I can assure that. Who in the hell fakes being black? You think I want to get shot up?

ArbitraryWater
08-26-2020, 06:12 PM
Oh I’m black I can assure that. Who in the hell fakes being black? You think I want to get shot up?

Don‘t you think blacks are better?

You called Dirk an „honorary black“

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-26-2020, 06:13 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Gohan
08-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Don‘t you think blacks are better?

You called Dirk an „honorary black“

Nah it’s not about blacks being better than whites(although The average looking black chicks look better than white chicks). It’s about we want to be put on the same pedastal as whites. Dirk is one of my favorite players of all time though

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:32 PM

i legit don't understand this "sports is huge distraction" narrative, do you think people focus on sports 24/7? Do you think if sports didn't exist there wouldn't be some other form of entertainment to "distract" people? The NBA players of people talking about sports being a distraction when their ratings are in the gutter is just lol-worthy, kind of hard to distract people when no one is watching.

Rudeboy3
08-26-2020, 06:36 PM

Are you an idiot? You do realize that athletes are in the entertainment world? They chose to be entertainers, you can't then be mad when people expect you to deliver the product they pay for. It would be like me paying fort concert tickets, then the artist I paid to see starts preaching about some next bs and starts crying about how people only see them as an entertainer when the paying customers demand them to STFU and perform. If you don't want to be seen as a dck sucker don't suck a dck, and if you don't want to be seen as an entertainer, don't pick a profession based in entertainment. Fools

Also not to mention, last i checked there are white players in the nba too, your point is just plain stupid

Axe
08-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Exactly.

2016 was a lot like this.

Then Trump ushered in an unprecedented three year harmony of economic growth and interfaith relations (no terror attacks).

We need to elect Trump again to end this madness.

Biden will just make it worse.
2016 didn't experience very worst mishaps like this year did tho..

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-26-2020, 07:05 PM
I remember when GSW picked up Cousins, fans were thinking of boycotting the NBA that season cuz it was a washed season (or so we all thought lol). I was one of them. But now I'm for real thinking of just focusing on UEFA or maybe getting into NHL. Maybe I'll just watch college bball or something to get my bball fix. Or YouTube videos of travel leagues/AAU. Or go to my local HS's and watch them and pick up the girls.

kawhileonard2
08-26-2020, 09:58 PM

Didn't China already do that by having the wet market open which in effect had Covid come about?

Nashty
08-26-2020, 10:33 PM
Is NHL the only league not boycotting right now? Guess I found a new sport to watch. **** racist organizations like NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS. White lives matter!

SATAN
08-26-2020, 10:36 PM
I assume other teams will be following suit tomorrow?

So Luka and Kristaps have time to recover? :lebronamazed:

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 10:40 PM
I assume other teams will be following suit tomorrow?

So Luka and Kristaps have time to recover? :lebronamazed:

Might be a blessing in disguise. This also gives time for Rondo to recover :rockon:

The Iron Fist
08-26-2020, 10:51 PM
Are you an idiot? You do realize that athletes are in the entertainment world? They chose to be entertainers, you can't then be mad when people expect you to deliver the product they pay for. It would be like me paying fort concert tickets, then the artist I paid to see starts preaching about some next bs and starts crying about how people only see them as an entertainer when the paying customers demand them to STFU and perform. If you don't want to be seen as a dck sucker don't suck a dck, and if you don't want to be seen as an entertainer, don't pick a profession based in entertainment. Fools

Also not to mention, last i checked there are white players in the nba too, your point is just plain stupid
I can’t imagine being this hurt because someone won’t play a game. Grow up please.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:35 AM
I can’t imagine being this hurt because someone won’t play a game. Grow up please.

That's not a reply, you're using a pathos appeal to make it easier to dismiss him. Pretending he's hurt and telling him to grow up is literally the way you come off by ignoring what was written