PDA

View Full Version : Will the season be cancelled?

1987_Lakers
08-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Emotions are raw, players were already worn out of bubble environment prior to the Jacob Blake shooting and sources say discussions within teams are ongoing about postponing tomorrow's three games too -- and beyond. "The season is in jeopardy," one vet player here tells ESPN. - Woj

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 07:31 PM
I want to see a finish to this season.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 07:32 PM
Chris Haynes is saying that star players still want to stay. This could be just a 1 day boycott. A players meeting with Adam silver is in 30 mins from now, we will know more after that.

Real Men Wear Green
08-26-2020, 07:45 PM
I think the players are making a statement today but they'll end up playing or the season. They've been away from their families since some time in June or July kept from the outside world to complete this season. Throwing that away would be a colossal waste. Plus if the owners have eat the losses after all they've done to get the season going again the next CBA will be war and the players will lose out big time.

PCCM_29
08-26-2020, 08:06 PM
I think the players are making a statement today but they'll end up playing or the season. They've been away from their families since some time in June or July kept from the outside world to complete this season. Throwing that away would be a colossal waste. Plus if the owners have eat the losses after all they've done to get the season going again the next CBA will be war and the players will lose out big time.

WOJ

Within Bucks, there's sentiment that team wants to continue playing here, sources tell ESPN. The team's statement about it "imperative for the Wisconsin state legislature to reconvene after months of inaction..." was an important element of action that players want to influence.

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 08:08 PM
How could they go on without Jacob Blake?

Walk on Water
08-26-2020, 08:52 PM
Then Lebron gets no ring awarded to him.

StrongLurk
08-26-2020, 08:55 PM
It should have been cancelled months ago. I certainly won't feel bad for any players or owners "losing money".

Gohan
08-26-2020, 08:56 PM
What’s up with the obsession with lebron winning a ring alot. He’s still one of the best players ever and none of you black haters can deny it

Axe
08-26-2020, 09:12 PM
Whether it continues or not, season's pretty much tarnished already.

kawhileonard2
08-26-2020, 10:16 PM
Then Lebron gets no ring awarded to him.

He wasn't going to get anyway. Kawhi was going to get.

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 10:35 PM
woj

within bucks, there's sentiment that team wants to continue playing here, sources tell espn. The team's statement about it "imperative for the wisconsin state legislature to reconvene after months of inaction..." was an important element of action that players want to influence.

OMG I hope this is true

coin24
08-26-2020, 10:46 PM
How could they go on without Jacob Blake?

:lol

DMAVS41
08-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Sounds like both Lakers and Clippers voted to end the season. Wow if true.

kawhileonard2
08-26-2020, 10:53 PM

Where you find this at?

~primetime~
08-26-2020, 11:17 PM
This is actually a huge moment in sports history.

BasketballHoopz
08-26-2020, 11:22 PM

The Athletic’s David Aldridge reports that the meeting “ended ugly” and that the union will have representation at a meeting with NBA ownership on Thursday. The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports that every team besides the Lakers and Clippers voted to keep playing.

tpols
08-26-2020, 11:27 PM
The Athletic’s David Aldridge reports that the meeting “ended ugly” and that the union will have representation at a meeting with NBA ownership on Thursday. The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports that every team besides the Lakers and Clippers voted to keep playing.

what a couple of cowards.

two teams with highest expectations on them vote to suspend.

bitch ass ____ ____.

coin24
08-26-2020, 11:43 PM
Good. Send those 2 teams home. Leave your contracts at the door and fu*k off..

Call their bluff nba grow some balls silver

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 08:49 AM
what a couple of cowards.

two teams with highest expectations on them vote to suspend.

bitch ass ____ ____.

Speaking of bitch ass, why don't we get that cupcake. Tuesday was my birthday so it's my weekend. You can get a candle for me and everything.

Shogon
08-27-2020, 08:50 AM
Hopefully it is cancelled. Lol.

dbugz
08-27-2020, 09:41 AM
They should end the season already.

Silver and nba's front office did their best already so we'll be able watch a basketball game again and resume the season.

These players are brat.

What do they expect? because they're kneeling before the game start, putting "blm" on the court and their back of the jersey that racism will end just like that?

They are already being spoon fed in a resort, all they need to do is open their mouth and eat the damn food and they still throwing tantrums?

A big slap on these players face is what their needed.

Stephonit
08-27-2020, 09:46 AM
Just continue the season. Whether it will nor not will depend how image conscious the players are and who they want to pander to.

fourkicks44
08-27-2020, 09:46 AM
Brett Brown and Nate McMillan are sitting at home like,

"F#ck, why couldn't this happen a week ago..."

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 09:49 AM
Hopefully it is cancelled. Lol.

Didn't you stop watching?

Why still posting?

Shut the **** up.

LAL
08-27-2020, 09:50 AM
NBA should start firing players, millions of other players available. Let some bench player be the man, i'm sure they can entertain us too.

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 10:21 AM
NBA should start firing players, millions of other players available. Let some bench player be the man, i'm sure they can entertain us too.

Just shut up. The nba is going to continue the playoffs. Lakers win another championship. You're going to have a huge meltdown.

LAL
08-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Just shut up. The nba is going to continue the playoffs. Lakers win another championship. You're going to have a huge meltdown.

Don't mean to upset you :oldlol:

BasketballHoopz
08-27-2020, 10:28 AM

You sure about that last I checked Lebron doesn't want to win the Championship he wants to cancel the season.

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Don't mean to upset you :oldlol:

Adam Silver is making the nba relevant again. Sportscenter, espn, al jazeera, and cnn just talked about the issues. The nba is getting free publicity from the media Silver is a great successor to commissioner David Stern

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 10:32 AM
You sure about that last I checked Lebron doesn't want to win the Championship he wants to cancel the season.

It's a pr moves from the lakers and clippers. They jusy needs some rest, and in a couple of days the nba is going to start.

hold this L
08-27-2020, 10:33 AM
When is the new season supposed to start? I fully expect them to come back to playing soon enough regardless if any change is made.